This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
#1 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2019 4:17:29 PM(UTC)
I have the game on disc but my Xbox doesn't like disc swapping and requires many reboots to actually load the game if I change games.

I was thinking if I bought either FH3 / 4 as a digital download I can leave one disc in and still play the other game without removing the disk?

Would this work?

And If I already own the copy on disc and have it installed then download a new digital copy will it cause any problems?
I am assuming I will have a massive download or will it give me a key and just top up my existing installation?

As an already paid customer is there any way I am entitled to downloading free since I have already paid for both titles? or do I have to pay twice?

Moderated since 24-06-19 How much longer?
#2 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 2:16:41 PM(UTC)
You wont get free but you can buy a digital version
You bought an xbox only disc version
Or you can join game pass which includes a digital version..all your dlc will still work
If you had bought the digital play anywhere version you could play on both xbox and pc or wherever your gamertag is
You are not entitled to it since you bought the cheaper disc version for obvious reasons
This has been discussed multiple times since the play anywhere digital version was introduced with fh3

You wont need to download again either

Edited by user Tuesday, July 16, 2019 11:58:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 7:30:37 PM(UTC)
I don't recall receiving any new dues.

Vice president, moderated club.
#4 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:59:57 AM(UTC)
Upgraded gold to game pass ultimate just for this reason to save swapping discs since all games I own on disc have since been added to game pass , when the Lego came out .
Up till then fh4 hadn't been out of drive since since launch, had fh3 as digital.
Works for all other games except FH4 wanted me to qualify for the festival again so back in drive.
Batmans and Tomb raiders run fine from installed copy without the disc and without having to reinstall or restart the game as does FH2 which had upgraded from standard disc version without having to redownload main game part when was on gold.
With ultimate on disc have been 50gb of updates FH4 since launch (ultimate part came as dlc on disc version which is a bad joke )
Not quite as bad as FM7 also own on disc and to reinstall wants to do 100gb of update which would cost me $100 in data to reinstall really wish could get updates on disc.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 16, 2019 8:24:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FORZA TIER 8 10185 Driving since August 2017
facebook.com/vanninman
twitter.com/vanninman1
twitch.tv/vanninman
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 9:59:47 AM(UTC)
It should work seamlessly. Your license just changes from the disc to digital. I did this with Assassin's Creed Origins where I owned the disc base game and some digital DLC on top of it. The only difference after buying the digital base game was that I didn't need the disc anymore.
#6 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 3:24:29 PM(UTC)
Right now the standard digital version of FH4 is only $49
I might pull the trigger while its on sale and leave FH3 in the drive, that should sort it out.

The main reason I want to do this is because this game updates so often and when it does I would just play FH3 while its updating, but I don't want to eject the FH4 disc during an update as it would almost certainly uninstall itself.

It has already uninstalled itself twice now and cost me more than double the original purchase price in downloads to reinstall.

* When I buy the digital copy on top of all the downloads and the original purchase price FH4 would have cost me over $350 just for the standard game - gets expensive.

Moderated since 24-06-19 How much longer?
#7 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:23:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
Right now the standard digital version of FH4 is only $49
I might pull the trigger while its on sale and leave FH3 in the drive, that should sort it out.

The main reason I want to do this is because this game updates so often and when it does I would just play FH3 while its updating, but I don't want to eject the FH4 disc during an update as it would almost certainly uninstall itself.

It has already uninstalled itself twice now and cost me more than double the original purchase price in downloads to reinstall.

* When I buy the digital copy on top of all the downloads and the original purchase price FH4 would have cost me over $350 just for the standard game - gets expensive.

I’m confused, you’re saying you had to purchase the game more than twice to just reinstall it? Once you buy digital you have the digital license, but the disc itself is your license. So why would you have to purchase it again?

You can blame the uproar from general gamers about licenses for this problem. When the One was coming around there were talks about disc having digital licenses so you wouldn’t need the disc once it’s installed(I may be wrong about this cause it was years ago) Nobody understood it and denounced it as unnecessary. Now Microsoft has made a digital only One S, and physical discs are being phased out.

Welcome to the digital age.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 8:34:19 AM(UTC)
I joined GamePass when we first got the X1X at Christmas. After a month or so i realized I'd never play anything but FH4 so I quit GamePass and bought a digital key from amazon. Is that considered 'play anywhere'? Will I be able to load FH4 on my upcoming Win 10 box or will I have to buy it again?
#9 Posted : Wednesday, July 17, 2019 1:17:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BachDigsRock Go to Quoted Post
I joined GamePass when we first got the X1X at Christmas. After a month or so i realized I'd never play anything but FH4 so I quit GamePass and bought a digital key from amazon. Is that considered 'play anywhere'? Will I be able to load FH4 on my upcoming Win 10 box or will I have to buy it again?

Digital is play anywhere ..xbox and win 10 PC

Disc version is xbox only

Notification

Icon
Error