This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
#1 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 2:45:25 AM(UTC)
I was just deleting the cars in my garage. I got to the 1973 Land Rover, and there was no option to delete it from my garage. I have two of them, and neither of them have that option. The rest of my cars seem to have the delete option.

A new bug?
 1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 2:56:07 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
I was just deleting the cars in my garage. I got to the 1973 Land Rover, and there was no option to delete it from my garage. I have two of them, and neither of them have that option. The rest of my cars seem to have the delete option.

A new bug?

This Land Rover is a Barn Find.
If you look at all the other Barn Find vehicle in the game : you'll see that all of them can't be removed.
If you want to remove it : you have to go throught the Auction House.
#3 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 3:07:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lio Zuto Go to Quoted Post

A new bug?

This Land Rover is a Barn Find.
If you look at all the other Barn Find vehicle in the game : you'll see that all of them can't be removed.
If you want to remove it : you have to go throught the Auction House.

Well it's still a bug anyway. If someone decided to buy a bunch of barn finds in the auction they could theoretically fill their garage with cars that can't be deleted, and kill their game.
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 3:27:42 AM(UTC)

Well it's still a bug anyway. If someone decided to buy a bunch of barn finds in the auction they could theoretically fill their garage with cars that can't be deleted, and kill their game.

I suspect it's working as intended, given that I don't believe you can reacquire them, with the reasonable expectation that no one is stupid enough to try (and probably fail) to acquire hundreds of Barn Find duplicates.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#5 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 3:46:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post

I suspect it's working as intended, given that I don't believe you can reacquire them, with the reasonable expectation that no one is stupid enough to try (and probably fail) to acquire hundreds of Barn Find duplicates.

Programmers aren't supposed to allow bugs that can break a game, so it's a bug, it doesn't matter how unlikely it is. Anyway the GT 40 is a popular car, and I've personally had 20 of them in my garage to sell. What if I couldn't sell them? You can't program a game where you can buy a lot of stuff, and not be able to get rid of it. So whether intentional, or not it has the potential to break the game... it is a bug.
 3 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 4:26:54 AM(UTC)
Bruh, just put them back on the auction house, problem solved
Photographer, Painter, Tuner, Racer and Rally Fanatic. Maybe bring back Group B?
#7 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 4:46:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YellowJacketTMU Go to Quoted Post
Bruh, just put them back on the auction house, problem solved

Programmers aren't supposed to write programs that have to have problems fixed by the user is what I'm saying.
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 4:47:10 AM(UTC)

Programmers aren't supposed to allow bugs that can break a game, so it's a bug, it doesn't matter how unlikely it is. Anyway the GT 40 is a popular car, and I've personally had 20 of them in my garage to sell. What if I couldn't sell them? You can't program a game where you can buy a lot of stuff, and not be able to get rid of it. So whether intentional, or not it has the potential to break the game... it is a bug.

As noted by others, you can, in fact, get rid of the cars using the Auction House (even if they don't sell). If it's working as intended, by definition it's not a bug. I'd agree that it's a questionable design decision, that would ultimately be unnecessary if unlocking Barn Finds made them available in the Auto Show.

Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#9 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 4:58:19 AM(UTC)

As noted by others, you can, in fact, get rid of the cars using the Auction House (even if they don't sell). If it's working as intended, by definition it's not a bug. I'd agree that it's a questionable design decision, that would ultimately be unnecessary if unlocking Barn Finds made them available in the Auto Show.

Bugs are anything that can break a game even if programmed that way...

Quote:
A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result

In this case the unexpected result would be that the garage limit is filled by cars that can't be deleted thus cancelling all wheelspin features...

Did anyone intend all of the wheelspins to get cancelled by a filled garage when they wrote the game?

So it's a bug.
 1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 5:56:14 AM(UTC)

Quote:
A software bug is an error, flaw, failure or fault in a computer program or system that causes it to produce an incorrect or unexpected result

In this case the unexpected result would be that the garage limit is filled by cars that can't be deleted thus cancelling all wheelspin features...

Did anyone intend all of the wheelspins to get cancelled by a filled garage when they wrote the game?

So it's a bug.

Except that it can't break the game. Filling the garage doesn't break anything, and there's a normal way of getting rid of them. Stop redefining words.
#11 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 9:09:10 PM(UTC)

Wasn’t this a “fix” that was patched in to combat exactly that issue?

I stand to be corrected but I’m sure the game launched with the ability to delete Barn finds from your garage but some ingenious/unscrupulous players had worked out they could take advantage of some of the skill trees to make a quick profit. Lots of people were placing the MG MGB & the Spitfire in the AH unaware of the 300k & 200k bonuses that were available. Auto show values for both are very low and the buyouts reflected that.

Once the YouTube vids started appearing lots of people realised they’d missed out and, unsurprisingly, started to cry “foul”…… hence the patch, which I think was meant to act as a deterrent but, seeing as said ‘entrepreneurs’ could still remove the duplicates via the AH, in reality was a minor irritant.

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#12 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2019 3:35:16 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Scimmia22 Go to Quoted Post

Quote:

So it's a bug.

Except that it can't break the game. Filling the garage doesn't break anything, and there's a normal way of getting rid of them. Stop redefining words.

If you can't do wheelspins the game is broken. If you went on a fruit machine, and it couldn't spin it would be broken. The auction is not a way to get rid of anything, it is by chance that you get rid of anything, and takes an hour minimum. The auction also has bugs of its own by giving you reminders to check cars that are not even there.

Edited by user Sunday, July 14, 2019 3:38:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2019 7:18:59 AM(UTC)
If you can't do wheelspins the game is broken.

By design, so obviously the game isn't broken. Again, stop redefining words
IIf you went on a fruit machine, and it couldn't spin it would be broken.

This game is a "fruit machine" now?
IThe auction is not a way to get rid of anything, it is by chance that you get rid of anything, and takes an hour minimum.

The car leaves your garage immediately, so it doesn't take an hour and is already gotten rid of at that point.
IThe auction also has bugs of its own by giving you reminders to check cars that are not even there.

This doesn't seem to be relevant to this thread, even if anyone had any idea what you're talking about.
 3 users liked this post.
#14 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 6:35:30 AM(UTC)
He says anything he doesn't like is a bug. To him, it's a bug filled game.

Things that are by design are "bugs."

No point in arguing with him.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#15 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 7:27:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

Programmers are taught that anything that breaks that game is a bug, and being as i'm a game designer all of these things are bugs. If you think of them any other way you would never be working in games.

Edited by user Monday, July 15, 2019 7:28:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 9:41:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

Programmers are taught that anything that breaks that game is a bug, and being as i'm a game designer all of these things are bugs. If you think of them any other way you would never be working in games.

It doesn't break the game!
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.

#17 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 12:09:56 PM(UTC)
Seems more a lack of idiot proofing than a true usability bug.
 2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 12:15:45 PM(UTC)
It doesn't break the game. You can get rid of the car by putting it on the auction house. If it doesnt sell the do not reclaim it.
#19 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 12:44:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Natedoggsk8 Go to Quoted Post
It doesn't break the game. You can get rid of the car by putting it on the auction house. If it doesnt sell the do not reclaim it.

That's a workaround for a bug. The game at that point was broken, otherwise you could fill your garage... broken. The user has to do a workaround for the programmer which isn't supposed to happen in games, the programmer is supposed to be thinking ahead of the user. These things go all the way back to the 80's, there's no reason to explain them in 2019.

Edited by user Monday, July 15, 2019 12:45:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 1:43:28 PM(UTC)
Its not a bug
Its working as intended
The game is NOT broken

If YOU are not happy about it go sumbit a ticket
#21 Posted : Monday, July 15, 2019 7:23:00 PM(UTC)
AquaPainter168, open your mind a bit. You really think that nobody else here knows anything about software? Try again. Filling your garage doesn't break anything. There's no workarounds involved. It doesn't work the way *you* want, too bad.
 2 users liked this post.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:31:33 AM(UTC)
Garage cap is 750. If a player has 750 cars and reaches the cap, then they can receive no more cars until they are under the cap.

By design, working as intended, not a bug.

There are no workarounds, because it isn't a bug.

Shall I continue?

Edited by user Tuesday, July 16, 2019 7:32:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#23 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 9:11:42 AM(UTC)
One man's bug is another man's feature and vice-versa.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 11:54:25 AM(UTC)
Would it really be all that hard to update the game so that the game runs a check on how many copies you have before it tells you that you can't sell a car?

More than one of a barn find owned? OK, game lets you sell the extras.

Only one copy of that bard find? OK, game won't let you sell it.

Seems an easy fix.
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Tuesday, July 16, 2019 12:17:57 PM(UTC)
But you CAN sell them, you just can't remove barn finds from the garage.

And why should they program the game to tell you something you can easily check by looking in your garage?

2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error