This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
Rank: Racing Permit
#1 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 7:47:30 AM(UTC)
Let me just say that this is will be the first time I preordered a game in 4 years since Arkham City. I'm extremely excited about this game because I didn't even think it was happening. Although the inspiration is "Southern Europe" and obviously Playground is creating a fictional representation, I imagine they'd either recreate famous European landmarks or put some of them in the background. I personally would love to drive in the Roman Colosseum, drive by the Leaning Tower, etc. So what landmarks would you like to see in the game? Look forward to seeing the best fanbase in what will be the best racing game of the year!
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#2 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 8:00:29 AM(UTC)
I hope that the Transfurgareson (I know I butchered the name) Highway is there (the road from Top Gear) and that palace with the underground tunnels that they ran the Ferrari California, Aston Martin Convertible and Lamborghini Spyder through with the sound tests are in to play with and I will never leave those two places to explore the rest of the map!

If not, then probably the Colosseum and maybe Monaco if its in.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#3 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 8:04:11 AM(UTC)
Not getting my hopes up for many big-name cities making an appearance, but if we get to drive down the long beach of Nice I'll be happy.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 8:16:06 AM(UTC)
Sorry to break the bad news, but I doubt they'll put real landmarks from Europe. I guess it'll more be based off S.Europe, rather than being an accurate S.Europe.

Still. They could base in-game places off real places, in which case a Monaco-based small town (with a tunnel. Obviously) would be nice, also that Highway that was on TopGear would be cool. But I guess the normal roads would be similar to that.

Hyped though. Sounds like a great game already.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#5 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 9:20:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheJellyBaby458 Go to Quoted Post
Sorry to break the bad news, but I doubt they'll put real landmarks from Europe. I guess it'll more be based off S.Europe, rather than being an accurate S.Europe.

Still. They could base in-game places off real places, in which case a Monaco-based small town (with a tunnel. Obviously) would be nice, also that Highway that was on TopGear would be cool. But I guess the normal roads would be similar to that.

Hyped though. Sounds like a great game already.


Agreed. I think it's likely that towns/cities/roads will be based off of real life counterparts, which I have no problem with whatsoever.

In terms of the original question, I'd love for the copies of the mentioned places (Monaco, Transfăgărășan Highway) and also some kind of fictional winding mountain pass through the alps. I'd be VERY excited to take a Euro hot hatch along something like that.
Rank: Moderator
#6 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 9:48:03 AM(UTC)
Villa Nellcôte in Villefranche-sur-Mer and the Colline du Chateau in Nice will do for a start.
.
.

Edited by user Sunday, June 8, 2014 9:50:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

✔ Verified Moderator


Rank: On the Podium
#7 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 9:52:44 AM(UTC)
I have no idea what's there, soo ,

everywhere?

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
Rank: Moderator
#8 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 10:02:50 AM(UTC)
The A8/E74 with all its tunnels and the coastal Corsa Europa/Corsa Francia between Menton in France and Ventimiglia in Italy.

The Route des Grandes Alpes from Thonon-les-Bains alongside Lake Geneva all the way down to where the Alps plunge into the sea at Menton.

✔ Verified Moderator


Rank: Moderator
#9 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:02:12 AM(UTC)
In Genoa, the Piazza de Ferrari with its giant fountain, driving down the Strada Nuovo/Via Garibaldi and a view of La Lanterna.

A little further east, the coastal villages of Camogli and Portofino and perhaps Santa Margherita Ligure and Rapallo as well.

✔ Verified Moderator


Rank: R-Class Racing License
#10 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:11:43 AM(UTC)
Why do you guys insist on doing this to yourselves? Just kidding,Hiero,lol.
Rank: Driver's License
#11 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:21:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CarbonCamaroSS Go to Quoted Post
I hope that the Transfurgareson (I know I butchered the name) Highway is there (the road from Top Gear) and that palace with the underground tunnels that they ran the Ferrari California, Aston Martin Convertible and Lamborghini Spyder through with the sound tests are in to play with and I will never leave those two places to explore the rest of the map!

If not, then probably the Colosseum and maybe Monaco if its in.


The Highway an th undergeound tunnels are in Romania wich lies in eastern Europe and they did state that the area would be "From the foothills of the Alps, right down the Mediterranean Sea. From the rolling hills of Tuscany in Italy, across the border into France and beautiful Provence and the glamorous Côte d'Azur", and Rome is to fare to the south to be in this area.

But the landscape in north Italy and south France is one of the most diverse and best looking sceneries I have seen and personally I think that the most important part ist that the atmosphere of the region is captured :D
Rank: Moderator
 2 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:29:38 AM(UTC)
I don't anticipate seeing any of what I've listed at all, it's just a list of things of the sort I'd like to see. My best guess is they'll use the area as inspiration, coastal locations will be based on the Côte d'Azur/French Riviera to the Ligurian Coast/Italian Riviera and mountainous areas will be based on the Maritime Alpes/Grandes Alpes.

For those of you interested, there are countless videos of these areas to be found on YouTube and you'll see for yourselves just how gorgeous it is as well as ideal for a game like Horizon.
.
.

Edited by user Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:31:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

✔ Verified Moderator


Rank: R-Class Racing License
#13 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:35:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
I don't anticipate seeing any of what I've listed at all, it's just a list of things of the sort I'd like to see. My best guess is they'll use the area as inspiration, coastal locations will be based on the Côte d'Azur/French Riviera to the Ligurian Coast/Italian Riviera and mountainous areas will be based on the Maritime Alpes/Grandes Alpes.

For those of you interested, there are countless videos of these areas to be found on YouTube and you'll see for yourselves just how gorgeous it is as well as ideal for a game like Horizon.
.
.
Well when your drivatar is walking back to the pit,he will have alot to enjoy on the way!

Rank: Moderator
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 11:43:05 AM(UTC)
Have you seen him drive? I suspect it is quite possible that he is actually blind as it's the only rational explanation for what he appears to be doing.

✔ Verified Moderator


Rank: Driver's License
#15 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 1:00:17 PM(UTC)
I'm really craving A8-A10 (those freeways that connect France and Italy with a lot of twists and loads of tunnels), Monaco, Route Napoleon, the Monte Carlo Hotel, that one famous tunnel in Monaco, and you know, those typical Italian landmarks.
Los Santos
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#16 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 1:48:56 PM(UTC)
indeed the topgear road in eastern europe somewhere
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#17 Posted : Sunday, June 8, 2014 7:29:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheJellyBaby458 Go to Quoted Post
Sorry to break the bad news, but I doubt they'll put real landmarks from Europe. I guess it'll more be based off S.Europe, rather than being an accurate S.Europe.

Still. They could base in-game places off real places, in which case a Monaco-based small town (with a tunnel. Obviously) would be nice, also that Highway that was on TopGear would be cool. But I guess the normal roads would be similar to that.

Hyped though. Sounds like a great game already.


While looking at the previous Horizon, it is always and highly possible, however with The Crew releasing around the same time it would be smart of them to add a more real marque to the game such as realistic versions of landmarks and cities.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#18 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2014 12:20:16 AM(UTC)
I want to drive a Skyline R34 GT-R in the mountains,
RWD conversion and drift it all the way!
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#19 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2014 2:12:24 AM(UTC)
I wonder if Firenze or Siena (or perhaps even Pisa) will make the cut, or we'll only get rural Tuscany. I mean, imagine the shooting opportunities in any of these cities! Even a small but significant town like San Gimignano or Monteriggioni would make me a happy camper. Genoa and La Spezia are in the area they seem to be interested on featuring in the game, too. Car meet at the **** nale? Hell yeah.

Monaco will likely be in. I mean, you can't do the Cotè d'Azur without doing Monaco. It'd be like a church with no altar. And I'm mostly happy with the Tuscan countryside and the wonderful Ligurian/Provencal coast. Even if they don't go for realistic landmarks and routes, it will be a wonderful place to hoon around in a Pagani (and according to first-hand reports that for now I won't quote, it will be accurate to a certain degree).
FH4 Paints | Gallery
Rank: On the Podium
#20 Posted : Tuesday, June 10, 2014 6:00:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClydeYellow Go to Quoted Post
I wonder if Firenze or Siena (or perhaps even Pisa) will make the cut, or we'll only get rural Tuscany. I mean, imagine the shooting opportunities in any of these cities! Even a small but significant town like San Gimignano or Monteriggioni would make me a happy camper. Genoa and La Spezia are in the area they seem to be interested on featuring in the game, too. Car meet at the **** nale? Hell yeah.

Monaco will likely be in. I mean, you can't do the Cotè d'Azur without doing Monaco. It'd be like a church with no altar. And I'm mostly happy with the Tuscan countryside and the wonderful Ligurian/Provencal coast. Even if they don't go for realistic landmarks and routes, it will be a wonderful place to hoon around in a Pagani (and according to first-hand reports that for now I won't quote, it will be accurate to a certain degree).


I don't think any of them make the cut. All of the original Horizon locations were fictional (including roads). I would not expect anything different this go around, in terms of locales.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#21 Posted : Saturday, June 14, 2014 7:27:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CarbonCamaroSS Go to Quoted Post
I hope that the Transfurgareson (I know I butchered the name) Highway is there (the road from Top Gear) and that palace with the underground tunnels that they ran the Ferrari California, Aston Martin Convertible and Lamborghini Spyder through with the sound tests are in to play with and I will never leave those two places to explore the rest of the map!

If not, then probably the Colosseum and maybe Monaco if its in.


I am sorry but the highway and the palace were in romania, the road in italy they went to was the stelvio pass which could be in the game

Rank: B-Class Racing License
#22 Posted : Sunday, June 15, 2014 3:12:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClydeYellow Go to Quoted Post
I wonder if Firenze or Siena (or perhaps even Pisa) will make the cut, or we'll only get rural Tuscany. I mean, imagine the shooting opportunities in any of these cities! Even a small but significant town like San Gimignano or Monteriggioni would make me a happy camper. Genoa and La Spezia are in the area they seem to be interested on featuring in the game, too. Car meet at the **** nale? Hell yeah.


Considering that location list, are you looking to retrace the journey of Ezio Auditore with a few extra ponies at your disposal? Makes "shooting" (knowing that you were referring to forzatography) into a nice double entendre! Also, Firenze ma non Toscana? ;)

Edited by user Sunday, June 15, 2014 3:16:15 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified


Rank: Driver's Permit
#23 Posted : Monday, June 16, 2014 6:34:34 PM(UTC)
Stelvio Pass! That would be enough for me.
Rank: On the Podium
#24 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 9:13:31 AM(UTC)
Italy was confirmed, right? In that case either Imola or Fiorano circuits. Yeah, I know it's a open world game, but having a race track could add an interesting dynamic or two. Aside from that... my street.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 17, 2014 9:17:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: On the Podium
#25 Posted : Tuesday, June 17, 2014 9:45:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
Have you seen him drive? I suspect it is quite possible that he is actually blind as it's the only rational explanation for what he appears to be doing.



Mine must be horrible, I think I've lost a few followers due to him.. I want a divorce from my Drivatar..

Verrückter Schakal | ­ ­ The Höllenhund
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error