This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 4:39:37 AM(UTC)
It's only about 3 minutes into Goliath that I pass 15 miles. If your console works properly that is.
#27 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 6:16:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
It's only about 3 minutes into Goliath that I pass 15 miles. If your console works properly that is.

The OP is on PC, Xbox works fine afaik
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
#28 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 6:26:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dog8MyGamertag Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

The OP is on PC, Xbox works fine afaik

No it doesn't.
I'm on an Original Xbox One
This is only the 2nd time I've been hit by this bug.

#29 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 2:24:37 PM(UTC)
It's never, ever worked for me. Early on in the games life cycle it used to register between 1/6th and 1/20th of the distance I traveled. These days it's between 1/30th and 1/100th.

I've been doing nothing but driving and racing retro super cars for my past 3 hours of play. Not trying to get the weekly, I know that's a wash, but I've been making, testing and racing a few tunes for the '95 Porsche 911 GT2. I checked my total distance at the end of it all. 0.3 km. That INCLUDES the distance I traveled when I was actually trying to complete the weekly before.
#30 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 11:29:32 PM(UTC)
Xbox One X.

Same issues for me. I've only been lucky enough to complete a mileage event once.
#31 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 6:29:27 AM(UTC)

on my PC I still have to switch to 30fps for the mileage things... its weird...
#32 Posted : Thursday, July 11, 2019 6:44:35 AM(UTC)
X1X here too. Has worked no more than twice, ever. Have tried 30/60 fps to no avail.
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Thursday, July 25, 2019 8:06:43 PM(UTC)
This is getting old. I have to change my frame rate settings to get this to work usually, but now... nothing. I run a 1080 Ti at 1440p + HDR at every bit of 144FPS ( the max this monitor will do) and I really enjoy being able to do this cos I've spent the money to do so. High frame rates are where it's at. I shouldn't have to set my FPS to anything lower than what I run in order for this mileage counter to work.
#34 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 10:10:42 AM(UTC)
ok know it is a flaw but only works on sealed roads not dirt or off road
FORZA TIER 8 10530 Driving since August 2017
looking for mature ongoing players with mic to join team #AOS
facebook.com/vanninman twitter.com/vanninman1 twitch.tv/vanninman

#35 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 11:01:59 AM(UTC)
Not working for me either, the funny thing is.. the next weekly also has a milage chapter..
#36 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 12:44:04 PM(UTC)
I was driving on regular roads and it registered .6 tenths of a mile. I then fast traveled to the highway and drove from one end to the other and it was registering milage. I did two more runs up and down and it popped. This is the second time I had to go to the highway to get it to work. When the weekly was an off road car it would register wherever you drove, street cars might have to drive on pavement exclusively. Who knows.
User is suspended until 12/29/2046 3:18:28 AM(UTC)
#37 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 3:05:45 PM(UTC)
This issue has been going on for me since we got the Mitsubishi car pack, and i did quite a lot of bug tracking back then, on 60FPS, almost no cars would count towards the weekly challenges, and the few that did, was counting something to the effect of 0,001% of the actual distance, meanwhile car history would count fine. On 30FPS roughly 10% of the distance counted towards the weekly, but for some cars, not on dirt tracks or offroad, car history numbers would count double on some cars, on 20FPS it was 1 to 1 on the weekly challenge, yet again, for some cars nothing would be counted on dirt and offroad, and on some cars, car history would count x 10.

Best option ive found is to set FPS to 20, then run up and down the highway, untill it pops.

Also, bugs takes time to fix, afterall, its only been known for 8+ months..

But on a related note, i would VERY much like to know why, when this bug is known, and pretty widespread, why the *BIIIP* in the *BIIIP* with *BIIIIP* on top do we keep getting the challenges that involves a set distance to drive?
DISCLAIMER: i have Asperger's Syndrome, if you are offended by anything i write, I am sorry, Thank you :-)
#38 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 4:22:11 PM(UTC)
This is the first time I've ever had an issue. Any roads except the highway only registered a very very small amount. Then some registered nothing. At one point on the highway it suddenly gave me 5km extra when I only drove about 100 meters. Really weird. I'm on PC.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#39 Posted : Friday, July 26, 2019 6:41:40 PM(UTC)
One account, up and down freeway 2 trips.

Second account, went cross country collect bonus boards, some fast travel here and there.

Third account, went from end of drag race location on freeway, south to round a bout, then north, then back to South round about. I was fixing to go back north, checked mileage. Sitting at exactly 15.0 miles. So I headed north, in reverse. Top speed was 47 MPH. Got just passed the middle round a bout and it popped.

So on road, off road, forwards, backwards, fast, slow. All worked fine for me.
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 12:46:57 AM(UTC)
Again this plague is not working with the mercedes. If you are not able to fix this then remove it entirely from the game!
#41 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 11:00:18 AM(UTC)
I had to reset my computer, turn on simulation damage / tire wear, set FPS to 36 ( my pc won't go lower than this for whatever reason ), and turn on v-sync. I got it to 8.9 miles and then it just stalled. Won't go beyond that. THIS IS ANNOYING.

I even tried buying another 190 E to see if maybe rolling this with an upgraded one was the problem... nope. Idk what the deal is with this, but I'd REALLY appreciate a fix for it sooner than later.

Finally got it to work by doing all the above but I had to not be cruising to get it done. I had to be at WOT the whole time. Up 'n down the freeway. meh :/

Edited by user Saturday, July 27, 2019 11:39:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#42 Posted : Saturday, July 27, 2019 5:58:57 PM(UTC)
Does not count distance for me with M-B 190E at all.
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 11:54:55 AM(UTC)
If anyone is having trouble with the Land Rover one, just upgrade the thing and it will work. I drove for almost an hour with the truck just slightly tuned and the counter stayed at 0.0. I put the rally engine, plus a 5-speed and for some reason that did it. Took only two 1/2 laps on the highway. Some say you have to reach 127mph and above for this to work. I mean, it makes no sense as I've done this with previous Forzathons just driving the speed limit and they did count.
PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p
#44 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 12:35:23 PM(UTC)
LOL, this bug will celebrate one year next month.
#45 Posted : Sunday, August 18, 2019 6:36:23 PM(UTC)
This time around my Land Rover didn't register anything until I switched the game to 30fps. Weird how I never had any issue until the last distance challenge which only registered in certain areas and now it doesn't do anything unless fps is changed. Totally wacko.
#46 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 8:31:00 AM(UTC)
I have yet to see any kind of communication on this FORZA FORUM from any official rep for turn ten or any developer's concerning the MALFUNCTION of mileage counter on the lay of the land challenge on XBOX ONE X , Caused one can only assume by the constant rehashing of the base code to make all the different graphics card setup's used by the PC segment of user's for this game compatible , So they have adjusted it so much that THE machine it was designed for is incapable of performing basic task's and as an owner of said machine I'm dismissively told to seek a ticket or start messing with my console's settings . Perhaps one of the liaison staff could get involved and provide some assistance instead of getting on social media and pretending that everything's great , And NO I do not expect anything to be done , I'm just voicing my opinion other XBOX owners may be happy but I doubt it as once again the paying costumer is the victim of a companies misguided publicity tactics
 1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 8:41:12 AM(UTC)
You've already been told about possible solutions by other users of this forum. You have also been told to submit a ticket through the support site. That is the only way to get an official response.
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 9:16:40 AM(UTC)
Either a) just change the game settings to Quality or b) Submit a Ticket or c) continue to beat your head against the wall and keep posting. Personally, I would choose a) as it is the easiest. Although I have never had the issue so I don't need to do any of the above.

It's all your choice
And the Talby goes to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whoever thought up the Story Mode
 2 users liked this post.
#49 Posted : Wednesday, August 21, 2019 10:06:22 AM(UTC)
I agree with daddy yule. Expecting a product to work as intended is not asking too much. The support from playground games flat out sucks. Say you go buy a car and the car doesn't start with the key fob with you. You read in a forum that some people shove the fob up their nose and then the car starts fine are you going to accept that and just keep doing it, or are you going to expect the company to fix it so it works as intended. This game has been out long enough and people have had issues from the start that haven't been addressed let alone fixed. They have had plenty of time. They broke my game in May. They had no problem rushing that update out to stop the cheaters, but they have done nothing to fix any problems that people are having, most due to them breaking the game. These are their forums, quit hiding behind the mods and talk to the people having issues. And if your game works fine, great, stay out of it, your comments mean nothing.
 1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Thursday, August 29, 2019 12:51:28 PM(UTC)
Why do PG insist on making us do these miles challange, when they never work. I'm getting sick of it.
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error