This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123Next
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 10:54:11 AM(UTC)
It's absolutely totally broken this week. No change I make to any setting gets the ticker moving. I set my frame limit to 36, turned on v-sync, set damage 'n tire wear to simulation, basically everything I could think of to get this moving. IT WON'T WORK ON PC. QUIT PUTTING IT IN UNTIL IT'S FIXED!!

Why is this so hard to understand? Is the community not having enough trouble with this?

*edit* - I got it to work, but I had to not only set my frame rate to 36 and turn on v-sync, but I also had to turn HDR off. WHAT?! So you've coded this challenge to only work on potato systems? My pc will pump out every bit of 200+ yet I'm forced to play in potato mode just to get this challenge done. Seriously?! Get it together!!

Edited by user Thursday, July 4, 2019 11:00:09 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 11:47:16 AM(UTC)
On the Xbox One X, it did actually work for me this time at 60fps, whereas previously I've had to change to 30fps.
#3 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 11:53:05 AM(UTC)
Yeah, it seems to not be working for me too. I even tried to do a few races, and even reseted both the game and my console, but neither worked. This is the first time I've ever encountered this bug too. It's definitely a real bug, it's just some get more unlucky than others. Honestly, there's nothing really good in the Forzathon Shop anyways, so I don't really mind if it doesn't work for me, but I do hope it either gets fixed or starts working for everyone that is having the issue.
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#4 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 2:38:43 PM(UTC)
Worked for me on PC, ultra 60 fps, on/off road. No issue.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 5:09:02 PM(UTC)
No issues on PC for me at max settings and frame rate. I've never had an issue with these distance challenges. Not sure why they won't trigger for so many people. It's strange.
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 6:26:26 PM(UTC)
On Xbox One S, Worked perfectly fine for me.

Edited by user Thursday, July 4, 2019 6:27:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 6:31:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
No issues on PC for me at max settings and frame rate. I've never had an issue with these distance challenges. Not sure why they won't trigger for so many people. It's strange.

What GPU? I run a 1080 Ti and every time these challenges pop up I have to set some silly graphics parameters just to get the ticker moving. It's ridiculous.
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 5:10:27 AM(UTC)
I think that's why they haven't bothered to fix it. If it affects the majority of players, they take a look at it. Otherwise, maybe they get to it, maybe they don't. Ideally they would have several test rigs like the og xbox one, an S, and an X. Then a base, mid, and high end pc but it seems like if they do any play testing at all, it's on one rig that is perfectly set up for the game and if it works there it gets released.
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 5:42:13 AM(UTC)
It doesn't really work for me but I put no effort into trying to get it to work. Mileage in general has always been very messed up in this game for me. As an example, last night I did take a look at the Miles Driven stat for my car right before going into a race. 73 Miles on the car. 0.4 miles driven on the Forzathon. I raced a two lap race on a custom created 15 mile circuit. So 30 miles. Checked the stats again right after the race and Miles Driven are 137 (addition of 64) and Forzathon is 2.4 Miles (addition of 2). Consistently inconsistent. The Forza way.
#10 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 7:14:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: teksenic Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post

What GPU? I run a 1080 Ti and every time these challenges pop up I have to set some silly graphics parameters just to get the ticker moving. It's ridiculous.

GTX 1660Ti 6GB DDR 6 here, i7-2600k, 16GB RAM.
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 8:27:59 AM(UTC)
Apple of my eye weekly completed fine on XBOX ONE X just todays daily appears bugged.
FORZA TIER 8 10530 Driving since August 2017
looking for mature ongoing players with mic to join team #AOS
facebook.com/vanninman twitter.com/vanninman1 twitch.tv/vanninman

2 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 8:57:07 AM(UTC)
For me, the distance driven seems to increase only if I drive faster than 120 MPH or so. But my observation might be wrong.

For the most part though, it reminds me of when they throw the Ferrari into reverse in Ferris Bueller's Day Off in an attempt to roll back the odometer (Spoiler: It doesn't move at all).
 1 user liked this post.
#13 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 9:59:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SmokiestGecko93 Go to Quoted Post
Consistently inconsistent. The Forza way.

They can't get Forza rewards to track consistantly, this mileage thing doesn't surprise me, though it works for me. However, star card business payout isn't tracking/updating my payout, so it's par for the course.
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 11:44:53 AM(UTC)
I've submitted a ticket, because if I'm just now getting this bug, and people have had issues with this type of feature before... then that means anyone can get this bug if they get unlucky enough. Even Talby and CRracer 912 can get this bug if they get unlucky enough. I hope we start to see large bug updates get released soon too rather than just large new content updates.
#15 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 8:23:10 AM(UTC)
These types of challenges NEVER work for me. I mean I can literally drive 15 miles and only get credited for 4. GRRR

And for what it matters, I'm on PC

Edited by user Sunday, July 7, 2019 8:54:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#16 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 9:12:22 AM(UTC)
Last week I visited Lego valley and fortune island this week I never all worked 100% think il stick to main island from now on have others 100% complete plus all achievements unlocked games winding down from now on in my opinion until FH5 were ever it's going to be will be interesting wasnt so hyped for FH4 as I was when FH3 was out
#17 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 12:44:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
On the Xbox One X, it did actually work for me this time at 60fps, whereas previously I've had to change to 30fps.

I always did it with 60 FPS but it's broken. It's strange to have it for 10 months with same issues. At least I don't need any new points so it's fine... but chore-style Playlist will be sad.
 2 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 6:37:52 PM(UTC)
The Apple of my Eye

Chapter 3 — +-Use your Retro Supercar to earn 3-stars (>225 mph/>362 kph) at the Roman Mile Speed Trap
  • Once you complete chapter 3, stay in your car and keep driving to the motorway.

Chapter 4 — Drive your Retro Supercar for a total distance of 15 miles
  • I found that the distance does not update when you are traveling less then ~200 mph/~322 kph. Never had to modify any FPS settings.

• You will find success using an X-Class 1992 Bugatti EB110 Super Sport to complete both Chapter 3 and 4.

BadRiver
Forza Veteran
Microsoft Xbox One X
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 2:13:49 AM(UTC)
We will find success if they fix it :D
#20 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:08:46 AM(UTC)
I will concur with the speed thing. I was driving the James Bond Lotus because it is a retro supercar and I wanted to drive it. But it ain't fast. Handles brilliantly. But definitely not fast. So my 15 miles were taking forever. Got it up to almost 10 and decided to try the McLaren F1 for 1 run down the freeway. Immediately completed.
So the speed thing does seem to be a factor. My guess is PG knows this, it is as designed, and they just choose not to mention it for reasons only they could know. Just another Forza way of doing things.
#21 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 6:12:49 AM(UTC)
XBox One S is still OK. I haven't heard of anyone with the 'S' having a problem. I know that doesn't help you all much, but maybe it helps to solve the problem.
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 7:04:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BadRiver Go to Quoted Post
The Apple of my Eye

Chapter 3 — +-Use your Retro Supercar to earn 3-stars (>225 mph/>362 kph) at the Roman Mile Speed Trap
  • Once you complete chapter 3, stay in your car and keep driving to the motorway.

Chapter 4 — Drive your Retro Supercar for a total distance of 15 miles
  • I found that the distance does not update when you are traveling less then ~200 mph/~322 kph. Never had to modify any FPS settings.

• You will find success using an X-Class 1992 Bugatti EB110 Super Sport to complete both Chapter 3 and 4.

Nice, thanks for that, driving above 200mph did it for me although I don't think it registers every mile driven as took about 30 goes up and down the motorway to get it sorted.

Thanks NaughtyRiver!
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 8:49:14 AM(UTC)
I'm really happy that it's working for all of you now. :) But I'm still for some weird reason having issues with mine. I've tried every single retro super car I have and also fully maxed them out. I've also tried to do the above 200 mph thing, but that didn't work. I guess this week is just a bust for me.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 4:41:53 PM(UTC)
In the same boat as others.
Weekly is stuck on chapter 4.
I've tried several different Retro supercars,
still No Progress.
No issues with the daily's.
I use an original Xbox One.
#25 Posted : Wednesday, July 10, 2019 3:03:24 AM(UTC)
I used a Mercedes CLK GTR but it took an age to do 15 miles, I just drove up and down the motorway infinitum ad nauseum until it popped. Lost count of how many times I've driven up and down though. I submitted a ticket AGES ago, and the reply was "it's just a conversion error, we won't be able to fix it before the season change, so you'll just have to keep driving I'm afraid" or something along those lines.... Yeah, thanks for that....

I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
3 Pages123Next

Notification

Icon
Error