3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 12:15:51 PM(UTC)
Roman Mile Forzathon Speedtrap. HELP!

Ok, who decided You had to get 3 Stars at that Speedtrap for the Weekly Forzathon with the Retro Supercars? the best I have *ever* gotten on that trap is 200, 25 MPH Short, after an Hour of Trying, I gave up.

So, if someone could guide Me on which Car, what Tune, and What Strategy are needed to get 3 Stars on that Speed Trap, I would be very Grateful indeed, as this is the First time I have *ever* been stuck on a Weekly Forzathon!

Playground, if You read this, kindly NEVER put "Get three Stars on a Specific Speed Trap" as a Forzathon Challenge Again! Thank You!

Edited by user Friday, July 5, 2019 12:20:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#27 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 12:33:42 PM(UTC)
I used the 1988 Lamborghini Countach LP5000 QV for that speed trap and got 230 mph. I didn't really have a specific tune, but sacrificing handling for speed on that car is what pushed the challenge. I would highly recommend checking out that car for the challenge cos it's the only one I used that would work for it.
 1 user liked this post.
#28 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 1:08:11 PM(UTC)
I used the Nissan R390 and an X tune. Approach from the right.
#29 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 1:20:49 PM(UTC)
Used the Maserati MC12 FE. It took about 12 attempts, I almost got tempted to turn on the Rewind.

Edited by user Friday, July 5, 2019 1:25:53 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#30 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 2:09:09 PM(UTC)
F50, s2998 does it with ease.
#31 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 2:52:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: King Cobra Mi6 Go to Quoted Post

Ok, who decided You had to get 3 Stars at that Speedtrap for the Weekly Forzathon with the Retro Supercars? the best I have *ever* gotten on that trap is 200, 25 MPH Short, after an Hour of Trying, I gave up.

So, if someone could guide Me on which Car, what Tune, and What Strategy are needed to get 3 Stars on that Speed Trap, I would be very Grateful indeed, as this is the First time I have *ever* been stuck on a Weekly Forzathon!

Playground, if You read this, kindly NEVER put "Get three Stars on a Specific Speed Trap" as a Forzathon Challenge Again! Thank You!

I got it in an M-B CLK with an X-Class tune. Just come at it from the east.
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 4:11:51 PM(UTC)
I used an Enzo Ferrari and beat it easily on 1st pass.
 1 user liked this post.
#33 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 4:41:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PocketPoncho UK Go to Quoted Post
I used the Nissan R390 and an X tune. Approach from the right.

Easily did the speed trap using the Nissan R390 with an X tune from 'Wombi 62'.

Then did the 24.1Klm without an issue. Checked and I received my 200 Forzathon points. Nice and easy.

Edited by user Friday, July 5, 2019 4:49:51 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Updated.

HSV
I just want one!
 1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 5:14:51 PM(UTC)
I used a McLaren F1 GT that I already had tuned to X class for speed traps/zones. Think I did around 260mph for the speed trap easily enough, then held nearly 270mph up and down the motorway a few times.
#35 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 7:19:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Used the Maserati MC12 FE. It took about 12 attempts, I almost got tempted to turn on the Rewind.

I think you mean the MC 12. The Forza Edition MC12 is an "Extreme Track Toy" but the base model is for some reason a retro super car. I have no idea why they're in completely different divisions.

Unless of course you mean the seasonal PR stunts, and not the Forzathon, in which case... carry on.

Edited by user Saturday, July 6, 2019 9:43:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#36 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 10:15:29 PM(UTC)
I decided to try something a lil different for the playground games, and it was batter than all the corvettes, vipers, and mustangs....use the HDT Group A....it’s a beast, and I’ve shared the perfect tune for it.
Miata Is Always The Answer *zoom zoom*
#37 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 9:13:05 AM(UTC)

I used the Saleen S7, you can look up my tune as 250 mph S7 or looking for IgnJaram (gametag). It's a S2 950 build/tune that is also good for cruising around and get the next part of the Forzathon, which is to drive around 15 mph.
As for the speed trap approach, go east to west starting from the tunnel under the M68 expressway. It's good to start this far back to get the feel of the car. You should hit 5th gear at the start of the straight, and 6th gear right before the train tracks. From there just nail it but be careful when going downhill or you'll bottom out and lose speed. My best there is 227 mph.

Good luck!

Edited by user Saturday, July 6, 2019 9:14:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#38 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 9:42:55 AM(UTC)

I'm just glad it isn't drift zones. It hasn't happened yet. But one day...

This week's, and last week's speed traps, weren't too hard. I struggled a bit last week, but got it first time after switching cars. This week, I used the MC12. First pass, running bone stock. I knew I wouldn't get it, but I just wanted to get an idea of the baseline, and learn the approach. Then went back to the house, and did some upgrades. Kept the stock engine and power train, but max upgrades to everything else. Minimal tuning. Adjust the gears so that you can actually reach max speed, but I didn't even bother tweaking the springs and dampers and rollbars, since it had a nice straight run-up to it. Got 125MPH on the nose first try. I have no doubt other cars can probably do it properly upgraded, and other tuners might be able to eek more speed out of it if they wanted to. But that's basically all I did, so it was super easy.

Now last fall, they had one up in Edinburgh by the train stop that was brutal. I did eventually get that one, but I struggled at it all week.
#39 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 12:33:36 PM(UTC)
Hello Everyone

Thank You all so much for the Advice on that Speed Trap, I finally got it done thanks to all the Help You have Given :)

I Ended Up using a Wildly Modified Ford GT (fit the Racing V12, a 4 Wheel Drive System, Twin Turbos, and the Highest Levels of all other Available Parts... Oh, and some Wild Halibrand Spirit II's !) to get it. Lit the Camera at 225.55. She might still be on the Auction House actually if She hasn't already been Sniped if anyone wants the Keys!

I did follow WhiteSwordTowers advice on starting from the Underneath the M68, so thanks for that Strategy! it worked a Charm!

HSV4Me, indeed, like You, I am glad to Report that, *for Once* the Mileage Challenge didn't glitch out and actually recorded Properly!

Also, Peregrine57. I must admit, as someone who Despises Drifting, I am *dreading* the Day "3 Stars on This Drift Zone in a Front Wheel Drive Car" Happens.

I must admit, I did make the Mistake of Trying to do that Trap in a Bone Stock McLaren F1 hence why I only got 200 with an hour of Trying. I don't actually like Modifying My Cars, I like to leave the Stick, that's why, if I *have* to Build a "Forzathon Special" , I always put it on the Auction House when I am done! hence Why I wish Playground would just set Targets that can be done in completely Stock Cars!

I also remember that Edinburgh one, that took about an Hour as well. I had a Car that would do it, but the Traffic was just Determined to Ensure I wouldn't, I Swear they were actually "Locking on" to My Car and Purposely doing Head-Ons! that one was a Nightmare!

#40 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 2:36:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

I'm not big to S1+. Did Forza Italia with Lambo Spyder, which I felt was quite slippery and came second in first race. Installed racing tyres and won the rest.

How did you changes tires in middle of trials?

What? Forza Italia isn't Trial, just one of the weekly championship in playlist. You can go to your garage after any race.
#41 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 3:07:12 PM(UTC)
If anyone Cares, I Have a Tune for the Mini Cooper S 65 that will get you through the Trial pretty easy, Also put up an S2 975 for the 88 Countach, I've Gotten it to the Roman Mile at 231mph
#42 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 3:55:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

I think you mean the MC 12. The Forza Edition MC12 is an "Extreme Track Toy" but the base model is for some reason a retro super car. I have no idea why they're in completely different divisions.

Unless of course you mean the seasonal PR stunts, and not the Forzathon, in which case... carry on.

Probably. To be honest I was feeling to lazy to load up the game, and check.
#43 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 7:29:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hogo sha 1978 Go to Quoted Post
The whole Top Gear thing can literally go die in a fire. I wiped out every other thing on that list except for the Forzathon dailies and this story. If this thing messes up my chances of getting the Maserati MC12 FE because it skews the percentage points for season completion I will literally start playing with a cheap 3rd party controller so I won't feel bad when I smash it into a crater.

Rant over.

Top gear was a breeze, you have all month to complete it. Took about an hour.

The point is, I don't want to waste the time on it. Aside from the Merc 6x6, the prizes are all going to collect dust. And Chris Wallace is annoying to listen to. So to have this in my way when I want to hit 80% for Summer is more than inconvenient.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#44 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 7:48:00 PM(UTC)
The whole Top Gear thing can literally go die in a fire. I wiped out every other thing on that list except for the Forzathon dailies and this story. If this thing messes up my chances of getting the Maserati MC12 FE because it skews the percentage points for season completion I will literally start playing with a cheap 3rd party controller so I won't feel bad when I smash it into a crater.

Rant over.

The point is, I don't want to waste the time on it. Aside from the Merc 6x6, the prizes are all going to collect dust. And Chris Wallace is annoying to listen to. So to have this in my way when I want to hit 80% for Summer is more than inconvenient.

The monologue in top gear is by FAR the best of any yet, runner up was the movie thing. Maybe if driving challenges isn't your thing, you're playing the wrong game.
#45 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 1:58:10 AM(UTC)
Who is Chris Wallace ???

Chris Evans would have been worse

Seriously ..should not take longer than 1 hour to complete the whole thing

Edited by user Sunday, July 7, 2019 3:04:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#46 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 2:58:41 AM(UTC)

Rant over.

The commentary was better than usual for me.
#47 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 3:04:20 AM(UTC)
The stories add some much needed depth to the game and are a very small part of it in the long run. How difficult could it be to do if you actually enjoy playing? "Different Strokes" I guess, but I don't get it.
#48 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 4:41:56 AM(UTC)
You don't have to get all the Top Gear stuff to progress in the playlist. Every star you get contributes a small amount. I was at 83% last night before I started, having done only a few Friday night. I was at 87% when I checked a while later. I'm 1 star short of finishing, and I think I'm in the 90s now.
#49 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 10:06:11 AM(UTC)
Why is it that people just up and quit out of a perfectly good Seasonal Event, such as the one now to win the Pontiac T/A? Really aggravating. The only time I've won was at, like, 2AM. Anybody else have this issue?
#50 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 2:52:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SarasotaSaint91 Go to Quoted Post
Why is it that people just up and quit out of a perfectly good Seasonal Event, such as the one now to win the Pontiac T/A? Really aggravating. The only time I've won was at, like, 2AM. Anybody else have this issue?

I'll always stick to the end, even if the rest of my losing team (98% of the time Blue seems to Lose) quits. If the team loses the first event, people bail because they don't want to "waste" 20 minutes when they feel they don't have a chance to win the prize. Sometimes they bring the wrong car, not tuned right, etc. Many people are just impatient. It happens more in the Games events than the Trial, but even in the adventures, the same happens.

Other times, they could lag out or lose connection, esp if they play wireless. Usually when the winning side loses players I would guess that was the cause.
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error