This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
 7 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 4:26:39 PM(UTC)
How can you call your game "social" and not even include a chat function? Do you really expect me to use that dodgy xbox app that doesn't even load half the time? It's been 8+ months since we've seen any updates to the "social" features.

The mic chat for PC hasn't worked since launch, and they wont even address it, I haven't heard a single person speaking in the lobby or during a race. I used to hear them all the time in Horizon 3, that game was WAAAY more social than this.

Like wow, you gave me terrible quick chat options that I can only have 4 of, and none of them can properly express my dissatisfaction, because I guess it doesn't exist to them. Everyone is always happy because they censor the unhappy ones.

They introduce so many things nobody asked for, and ignore the exceptionally-requested features. Why even have a forum if you're just gonna ignore what your community thinks?
 3 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 4:40:30 PM(UTC)
I hear people chatting all the time
Especially during races and in between
I wish there was an easier way to block them without going to their gamertag after the race
 2 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 6:52:25 PM(UTC)
I've never really thought of Horizon as a "social" game. I'm not sure I've seen it touted as such in a manner that would make it seem like a central element, either.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 15 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 7:29:55 PM(UTC)
No car meets? Check!

No voice chat in free-roam? Check!

Ghosted out cars during Forzathon and free-roam so you can't check out others' liveries, even from a distance? Check!

No voting in multiplayer? Check!

No multiplayer in both DLC expansions? Check!

Overly censored community forums (not just 'bad' words)? Check!
 6 users liked this post.
#5 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 8:33:32 PM(UTC)
Club feature has also been almost removed compared to previous FH

Neo open your mind, you are just a drivatar
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 9:04:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Club feature has also been almost removed compared to previous FH

It seems like they were trying to use the XBOX club feature, which could theoretically allow clubs to easily span multiple games. But the implementation certainly didn't work very well for me.

Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 3 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 10:08:00 PM(UTC)
Hi

Nice Car

I would buy that for a dollar.

Thanks

Who says it isn't social?
#8 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 10:13:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SuperHornetA51 Go to Quoted Post
The mic chat for PC hasn't worked since launch, and they wont even address it, I haven't heard a single person speaking in the lobby or during a race. I used to hear them all the time in Horizon 3

I played much more multiplayer in Horizon 3, and many more multiplayer modes then. There are several features I've been missing: Rivals (it's been months since launch but it's coming back eventually), the way Playground Games (not just Team Games...) worked, voting in Online Adventure...

When people before launch were saying: "But this FH4 looks too similar to Horizon 3, you know?" as if it was a bad thing, I was like: "God, I sure hope so!"

But the mic chat? That one is a feature I do not miss, nope, not one bit. As far as I'm concerned that was an improvement, and wish the personnel responsible for such "malfunction" would receive a raise, a pat on the back, and a bottle of wine.

Edited by user Thursday, June 27, 2019 10:19:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#9 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 1:31:40 AM(UTC)
if you want to get rid of people speaking or making noise during race on game chat, just create a private chat. Act just as a mute All.
Neo open your mind, you are just a drivatar
 2 users liked this post.
#10 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 2:16:48 AM(UTC)
I'm on PC and during races the mic icons of others constantly light up when the speak but I hear absolutely nothing.
#11 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 2:38:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
[quote=SuperHornetA51;1109352]
But the mic chat? That one is a feature I do not miss, nope, not one bit. As far as I'm concerned that was an improvement, and wish the personnel responsible for such "malfunction" would receive a raise, a pat on the back, and a bottle of wine.

I don't see what's wrong with the community interaction with each other over voice. I've met some of my best friends through random voice chatting in games. The game that I met them in was alive and well while mic chat was a thing, because people could tell when you're being funny. Once that game disabled voice chat for good, everyone started hating each other, no one made anymore friends.

It's too much of a hassle to go into my terrible xbox app just to search the person up I want to speak to and send a bland message to them, which also has to be censored or I'll get a communication ban.
 2 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 2:52:21 AM(UTC)
Oh yeah! Forgot to add something.

Cannot privately give cars to friends, you MUST go through the dodgy, thieving auction house. Lord knows your friend is never getting that car from all the bots. They wont address that either because they think they don't exist.

No rating system for how dirty players are (a 2013 game by a small dev team was able to implement it fine.) so you have no idea how clean the person near you is. Once again they believe bad players dont exist. That's why they never get banned for griefing.

Clubs appear to be an absolute mess because they want you to use the Xbox App.

Online Ranked is a mess and they wont address it, despite literally everyone telling them it's wrong.

8 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 3:03:01 AM(UTC)

I don't see what's wrong with the community interaction with each other over voice. I've met some of my best friends through random voice chatting in games. The game that I met them in was alive and well while mic chat was a thing, because people could tell when you're being funny. Once that game disabled voice chat for good, everyone started hating each other, no one made anymore friends.

It's too much of a hassle to go into my terrible xbox app just to search the person up I want to speak to and send a bland message to them, which also has to be censored or I'll get a communication ban.

You never experienced a "brasilian" gamer with an unmuted mic over in FM7? You are a lucky man.

Typical attributes:

- constant background noises of crying kids, yelling parents and dishes.
- music so loud you'd think Ramstein is playing nearby.
- screeming & yelling once the race starts because everyone is at fault except the mic-user.
- loud smoking, sniffing, drinking or eating.
- a TV so loud you don't need your own engine sounds anymore.

I don't miss any of that in Horizon 4.
#14 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 4:04:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post

You never experienced a "brasilian" gamer with an unmuted mic over in FM7? You are a lucky man.

Typical attributes:

- constant background noises of crying kids, yelling parents and dishes.
- music so loud you'd think Ramstein is playing nearby.
- screeming & yelling once the race starts because everyone is at fault except the mic-user.
- loud smoking, sniffing, drinking or eating.
- a TV so loud you don't need your own engine sounds anymore.

I don't miss any of that in Horizon 4.

That kind of stuff was easy to mute between races in FH2 and FH3. Obviously can't mute someone between races in FH4. But I agree with OP, FH4 much less social for all the reasons already cited, which is a shame. Something as simple as, "Sorry man, didn't mean to hit you," was nice to hear. Haven't heard that once in FH4.
 1 user liked this post.
#15 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 4:20:47 AM(UTC)
The game is based around cars, everything else is glued to that.
 2 users liked this post.
#16 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 7:04:42 AM(UTC)
An online game without juvenile chat spamming. This is a big perk for me actually.
#17 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 2:56:11 PM(UTC)
They're expecting you to use your mic. This is 2019, not 1995.
#18 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 3:13:01 PM(UTC)
It's very anti-social unless you're playing with friends. The only place people really gather is on the motorway so they can drag race, apart from that people just avoid each other. If there's 60+ players in the lobby most are invisible and the ones that aren't are so spaced out across the map it feels deserted. FH3 felt more populated than this game, there's not much to do which is probably why the lobbies are so empty most of the time. I've noticed that hardly anyone plays the Forzathon events now, probably because it's the same repetitive garbage every time.
#19 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2019 10:31:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post
Overly censored community forums (not just 'bad' words)? Check!

Is that in case it upsets a "Snowflake"? Check!

1 user liked this post.
#20 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 6:55:31 AM(UTC)
It is almost necessary to have an in-game chat box in any PC multiplayer. It just comes with the territory. In a game like Forza, it's "absolutely necessary". No ifs or buts, or questions about it.

I need to be able to ask everyone in the session at the same time -
"who's down to do Highway pulls", or "who's down for drag races at this specific location"; for example. Maybe it's something else. Maybe I just want to invite everyone around me to Legoland without having to exit the game, or go to the player list or any of the extra time consuming missions that Turn10 currently has us going on just to communicate a simple idea to a fellow player.

Im disgusted of having to go to each player in the session's player list to send them each a separate message via XBOX companion or invite them to Chat. Who wants to send messages back and forth or chat on a mic with a total stranger???? That just doesn't make any sense. Just last week, I got a chat invite from a kid who was like 13 years old. It was extremely awkward to say the least, as I'm a grown man. If we had an in game chat, we would have been able to chat/hang out without any issues; despite our age difference.

The Convoy invite/quick chat options are outdated/senseless and do not get the right message across. Having an in-game chat provides better privacy, safety and overall convenience. It also adds the social elements which everyone wants to experience in a game like this. As much as many people want to criticize GTA Online's in game Chat and toxicity, it WORKS. After 5 years, GTA sessions are still very populated.

The truth of the matter is, that without an in-game chat in Horizon ,everything you want to plan or do with other players takes longer or becomes impossible to accomplish. The game feels empty/lonely most of the time. I'd rather deal with game chat toxicity than loneliness in a multiplayer game, and as I mentioned above; people would most probably feel more comfortable not having to privately message/chat with strangers who are most probably in a different age group.

Turn 10 provides 2 updates with 2 new smaller maps, which are cool....but fails to provide an update which features what the
community really needs. In both the new Maps, we face the same problem. Beautiful environment that feels LONELY/EMPTY!!!!! Give us an IN-GAME CHAT BOX Please!
 3 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 12:31:44 AM(UTC)
How about some people (including myself) generally enjoy the game but have zero interest in online multiplayer experience? I muted the voice chat straight away and always hope for an option to disable player names and the quick chat, especially the second option because people just keep spamming "LOL, LOL, LOL, Haha, Haha, Nice Driving, Nice Driving, Haha, LOL" in the quick chat all the time it's nauseating.
From what I see it already takes ages to find a team for (drift) adventure, let alone from invites when in free roam.

The only reason I still bother with online interactions is because I have to, think about seasonal co-op, playground games or a certain prize car in the current online season which I don't have yet.

Edited by user Monday, July 8, 2019 12:33:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 6:53:24 PM(UTC)
I agree with the OP. Its extremely anti social.

If anyone has played on Xbox Live since the original Xbox, they will have noticed how games have literally gone backwards when it comes to being social.

Games back then, had what was known as player lobbies. Now you get matchmaking which is abysmally horrible and anti social.

Having player lobbies, allowed people to meet others, have more fun, was more friendly, you could meet skilled players alike and then team up for rank matches etc.

In fact, this increased the game longevity. Now its just a joke of a system.
 4 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 1:49:05 AM(UTC)
FH1 Good arcade style racer.
FH2 very social..many friends added to my xbox, Many hours racing in online lobbies. Played right up to FH3.
FH3 social..A few more added to my xbox (Mostly i played with ppl from FH2). Played up to FH4.
FH4 Not Really social..Its an online multiplayer that's designed to be played alone. You can not race online and be friendly at the same time. Zero ppl added to xbox.
Nobody talks, everyone drives like idiots, Tracks are appalling where you just cant help hitting ppl.
10 million players? why does it take so long to get into a lobby then? Why was the whole format of the game changed?
An online single player format with a sole purpose of collecting cars you never use.
i regret buying this game and i should of played using the game pass, which is what, in my opinion, the game was designed for.

As always these are my own thoughts and i understand i could be alone with my thoughts.
The game is good if you like the format, visually cant be faulted.
No hate and no calling out, Many ppl enjoy this game... it is what it is and i just wish id known before buying.

p.s. wheres my lego barn find?
This game is getting less and less of my time so would be nice to get it before i stop playing altogether. thx
'I may not agree with what you have to say, but i will defend to the death your right to say it.'
#24 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 5:52:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BriskArtist7600 Go to Quoted Post
How about some people (including myself) generally enjoy the game but have zero interest in online multiplayer experience? I muted the voice chat straight away and always hope for an option to disable player names and the quick chat, especially the second option because people just keep spamming "LOL, LOL, LOL, Haha, Haha, Nice Driving, Nice Driving, Haha, LOL" in the quick chat all the time it's nauseating.
From what I see it already takes ages to find a team for (drift) adventure, let alone from invites when in free roam.

The only reason I still bother with online interactions is because I have to, think about seasonal co-op, playground games or a certain prize car in the current online season which I don't have yet.

are options to disable both quick and player names above cars in option menu and have been since day one.
FORZA TIER 8 10185 Driving since August 2017
facebook.com/vanninman
twitter.com/vanninman1
twitch.tv/vanninman
 1 user liked this post.
#25 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 3:29:42 PM(UTC)
Perhaps I am too cynical, but from the way 9 of every 10 other players act while racing, do you really WANT to hear what the tashy riff-raff has to say?
I have a vocabulary and I don’t apologize for it.
#Rivals #OpenClasss #LowerClasses #AMCPacerX
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error