This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
3 Pages123PrevNext
Rank: Forza Staff
 5 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 7:22:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ST0RM HAWK 89 Go to Quoted Post
@RetroKrystal, you posted the exact same message on Twitter in response to this too. Why not unlock the gearing and limit it to 300mph, if you're allowing the suspension glitching Ferrari and Mosler to break the 300mph barrier i see no reason why the Rimac can't do the same. System limitations is a load of bull anyway, go past 230mph while online and the road disappears along with traffic spawning directly in front of you. The game is already broken in that regard, just give us the gearbox upgrade and limit it to 300mph because this car isn't good at anything at the moment. It gets smoked at top end speed and has rings run around it when driving around a track because it's PI is so damn poor for a hypercar.


Because "Just give us the gearbox upgrade" is unfortunately not as easy as you might think.

Also yes, its a copy & paste from my message on twitter. This is because I'd rather everyone get the same message to minimize any potential confusion across all socials.
RetroKrystal | Community Liaison for Playground Games | @_RetroKrystal | Mixer: RetroKrystal
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 6 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 8:40:43 AM(UTC)
@RetroKrystal, I feel like it's nothing but excuses from you guys lately. Engine sounds, a fix for the rally suspension glitch which allows absurd speed and now a gearbox change is apparently too time consuming and difficult to fix.

Edited by user Friday, June 28, 2019 8:42:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
 5 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 8:53:27 AM(UTC)
Why do you want to go 300mph? Enjoy the car for what it is, it's acceleration is awesome. I got it tuned pretty good for racing. If you wanna go 300mph get yourself a flight simulator lol
Playing Forza since FM2
Rank: Racing Permit
#29 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 9:56:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BlackHillsHntr Go to Quoted Post
Why do you want to go 300mph? Enjoy the car for what it is, it's acceleration is awesome. I got it tuned pretty good for racing. If you wanna go 300mph get yourself a flight simulator lol


I actually don't mind it now that I can't do the 300mph, but it's not just that now. It's the fact that they say one thing but then turn around and say another thing. I mean the game has a hard enough time loading just the cars in my garage. But I can do almost 300mph without the game lagging or anything. So I'm not too sure if it's only system limitations. We just get tired of them saying things on their streams but never mean them. A good example is when the so called "wall riding fix" was gonna come out. They kept saying during each stream that it would come out the next update but then would turn around and say it'll come out later, and then later again, and then later again. I get that the game has system limitations, but next time @RetroKrystal please just let us know in the stream that it can't do it in the game due to system limitations. Some of us don't like to be kept in the dark. I have nothing against why they can't do it, it's just they never really spoke the truth and just gave us hype about it to get us to play. That's what I'm disappointed about. Nothing more, nothing less. :)

Edited by user Friday, June 28, 2019 9:59:26 AM(UTC)  | Reason: I messed up on a word.

Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 9:58:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Alekru99 Go to Quoted Post
In the Update stream https://youtu.be/nrBtuNRXRHI at ~14:45 they actually talk about how it would be able to go 320 mph with the right gearing, so why not let us change the final drive then?


We decided not to allow the Rimac to have gear tuning due to some system limitations. We thought it may have been possible but it was mentioned in stream as a hypothetical scenario such as if the gearing was increased in real life. Apologies for the confusion.


If that is the case then you need to compensate by dropping the PI of the Rimac considerably along with some other balance changes. As it stands the car is unacceptably poor and is imo an insult to Rimac having it performing so hopelessly (btw, the real car actually has rather impressive aerodynamics, maybe reflect that in your model of the car).

Rank: Racing Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 10:15:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ST0RM HAWK 89 Go to Quoted Post
@RetroKrystal, you posted the exact same message on Twitter in response to this too. Why not unlock the gearing and limit it to 300mph, if you're allowing the suspension glitching Ferrari and Mosler to break the 300mph barrier i see no reason why the Rimac can't do the same. System limitations is a load of bull anyway, go past 230mph while online and the road disappears along with traffic spawning directly in front of you. The game is already broken in that regard, just give us the gearbox upgrade and limit it to 300mph because this car isn't good at anything at the moment. It gets smoked at top end speed and has rings run around it when driving around a track because it's PI is so damn poor for a hypercar.


Because "Just give us the gearbox upgrade" is unfortunately not as easy as you might think.

Also yes, its a copy & paste from my message on twitter. This is because I'd rather everyone get the same message to minimize any potential confusion across all socials.


The 320 mph glitch is a problem and needs to be fixed for any car, but definitely we don't need another OP car for sure

Don't listen to them, yesterday i was playing online with Rimac and the car is fine even full stock, was able to win many races and championships, people need to practice and stop complain about everything

Not every new car in franchise needs to have stupid jet fighters upgrades to do unrealistic record breaks and mess up with online

The truth is all of these noobs can't drive anything without upgrades

Just like people said before, enjoy the car for what it is, deal with it for god sake!

Edited by user Friday, June 28, 2019 11:07:57 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#32 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 10:35:53 AM(UTC)
The car is unique in most ways with handling. It takes some practice to get used to it. It has a motor for each wheel and makes it really interesting for me anyway. I get what you are saying. But the car is just fine as is and the PI compared to my PO Porsche is pretty similar with handling, speed, etc. This car has way better acceleration though.

Just a quick note: I did win most of my races against other Hyper Cars with highly skilled difficulty (I'm not the best racer). It's just getting used to the handling. I love this car!

Edited by user Friday, June 28, 2019 10:38:10 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Playing Forza since FM2
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#33 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 12:26:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Alekru99 Go to Quoted Post
In the Update stream https://youtu.be/nrBtuNRXRHI at ~14:45 they actually talk about how it would be able to go 320 mph with the right gearing, so why not let us change the final drive then?


We decided not to allow the Rimac to have gear tuning due to some system limitations. We thought it may have been possible but it was mentioned in stream as a hypothetical scenario such as if the gearing was increased in real life. Apologies for the confusion.


If that's the case, It was absolutely pointless adding the Car to the game.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#34 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 1:20:31 PM(UTC)
Darn - all this discussion about the Rimac C2 and I'm still literally jumping through hoops and racing at speeds unbecoming a simracer in order earn this car! Drat, and double drat!
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve





Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 10:14:40 PM(UTC)
How do I replace the greasy banana skins tires for grippy ones? :-)
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 10:40:28 PM(UTC)
Love how the streamers area almost universally condemning this car.

Got it for collections sake but after trying it for a while I don't think I will ever use it for online racing.

Edited by user Friday, June 28, 2019 10:41:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 4:25:23 AM(UTC)
Seriously, this car is not bad. I'm not that great of a driver yet after some practice getting used to it's handling man it's fun and not terrible! Are you people just mad cause you can't do much upgrading so you can drive the car at 300 mph and have "training wheels"? Go and practice some with the car stock and drive it like it's supposed to. Most of the cars I have are not upgraded. Yes I have a lot of tunes shared but mostly for some fun and for people who really can't drive. After I make a tune and share it I reset to default. If you can't drive the Rimac then don't drive it, but don't sit there and ridicule it because you can't drive it stock! The car is fine!
Playing Forza since FM2
Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 4:29:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ST0RM HAWK 89 Go to Quoted Post
@RetroKrystal, you posted the exact same message on Twitter in response to this too. Why not unlock the gearing and limit it to 300mph, if you're allowing the suspension glitching Ferrari and Mosler to break the 300mph barrier i see no reason why the Rimac can't do the same. System limitations is a load of bull anyway, go past 230mph while online and the road disappears along with traffic spawning directly in front of you. The game is already broken in that regard, just give us the gearbox upgrade and limit it to 300mph because this car isn't good at anything at the moment. It gets smoked at top end speed and has rings run around it when driving around a track because it's PI is so damn poor for a hypercar.


Because "Just give us the gearbox upgrade" is unfortunately not as easy as you might think.

Also yes, its a copy & paste from my message on twitter. This is because I'd rather everyone get the same message to minimize any potential confusion across all socials.

I do understand that adding a new gearbox update isn't that easy, but it shouldn't be that much work to enable final drive changes (like with the Regeras stock gearbox).

Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Alekru99 Go to Quoted Post
In the Update stream https://youtu.be/nrBtuNRXRHI at ~14:45 they actually talk about how it would be able to go 320 mph with the right gearing, so why not let us change the final drive then?


We decided not to allow the Rimac to have gear tuning due to some system limitations. We thought it may have been possible but it was mentioned in stream as a hypothetical scenario such as if the gearing was increased in real life. Apologies for the confusion.


So to clarify:
Rimac ~256 mph top speed
Most V12 swapped car and Hypercars ~270 mph
Jaguar D-Type which didn't change since FH3 can do 300+ mph
Mosler and 599XXEVO (the latter was also known by devs pre launch to be this fast) 300+ mph

I do know about the glitch suddenly stopping the car, but this even happens at speeds around 240 mph, so i doubt adding the Rimac to the 300 mph club would really increase the glitch's occurence that much.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 5 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 7:43:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BlackHillsHntr Go to Quoted Post
Seriously, this car is not bad. I'm not that great of a driver yet after some practice getting used to it's handling man it's fun and not terrible! Are you people just mad cause you can't do much upgrading so you can drive the car at 300 mph and have "training wheels"? Go and practice some with the car stock and drive it like it's supposed to. Most of the cars I have are not upgraded. Yes I have a lot of tunes shared but mostly for some fun and for people who really can't drive. After I make a tune and share it I reset to default. If you can't drive the Rimac then don't drive it, but don't sit there and ridicule it because you can't drive it stock! The car is fine!


It's funny because all the most competitive racers in the game know this car is garbage. If you're not that great of a driver, then you probably don't know what it takes to make a good car. I win 95% of races in online adventure no problem, usually with a 5 second lead. The Rimac's handling is so garbage that I can hardly stay behind the average driver.

Rank: Racing Permit
 4 users liked this post.
#40 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 8:16:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SuperHornetA51 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BlackHillsHntr Go to Quoted Post
Seriously, this car is not bad. I'm not that great of a driver yet after some practice getting used to it's handling man it's fun and not terrible! Are you people just mad cause you can't do much upgrading so you can drive the car at 300 mph and have "training wheels"? Go and practice some with the car stock and drive it like it's supposed to. Most of the cars I have are not upgraded. Yes I have a lot of tunes shared but mostly for some fun and for people who really can't drive. After I make a tune and share it I reset to default. If you can't drive the Rimac then don't drive it, but don't sit there and ridicule it because you can't drive it stock! The car is fine!


It's funny because all the most competitive racers in the game know this car is garbage. If you're not that great of a driver, then you probably don't know what it takes to make a good car. I win 95% of races in online adventure no problem, usually with a 5 second lead. The Rimac's handling is so garbage that I can hardly stay behind the average driver.



And how upgraded are your cars? Got training wheels on them as well? It comes down to knowing how to handle the car and not the car handling you. And you speak for all racers? You represent most of the competitive racers when you say the car is garbage? This coming from a person who had the car before they were supposed to have it? You go on and speak for everyone, I disagree and will continue to enjoy my Rimac :-)
Playing Forza since FM2
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#41 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 10:26:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BlackHillsHntr Go to Quoted Post

And how upgraded are your cars? Got training wheels on them as well? It comes down to knowing how to handle the car and not the car handling you. And you speak for all racers? You represent most of the competitive racers when you say the car is garbage? This coming from a person who had the car before they were supposed to have it? You go on and speak for everyone, I disagree and will continue to enjoy my Rimac :-)


I have spoken to them and that's what they told me. The car isn't competitive at all, and you can't upgrade your car to have training wheels lol what is this garbage.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 12:06:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BlackHillsHntr Go to Quoted Post
Seriously, this car is not bad. I'm not that great of a driver yet after some practice getting used to it's handling man it's fun and not terrible! Are you people just mad cause you can't do much upgrading so you can drive the car at 300 mph and have "training wheels"? Go and practice some with the car stock and drive it like it's supposed to. Most of the cars I have are not upgraded. Yes I have a lot of tunes shared but mostly for some fun and for people who really can't drive. After I make a tune and share it I reset to default. If you can't drive the Rimac then don't drive it, but don't sit there and ridicule it because you can't drive it stock! The car is fine!

What people are complaining about is its performance relative to PI, which means that even when upgraded to X class, it can JUST beat S2 cars on the most favourable track:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7efDlMWZ6E4
Rank: Racing Permit
#43 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 12:28:28 PM(UTC)
Like some of us are saying, we aren't mad anymore now about it's speed as much, but rather it's performance with it's maxed out PI. Even in X class, this car slides really badly and can only overtake people on straight enough routes. I don't think anyone is using training wheels on this car as most of us have our assists turned off while driving it. I always have my assists turned off because if I was to turn them back on, it would reduce the power input from the car. And I don't think maxing out a car counts as training wheels either. If an S2 Apollo IE which can go about the same speed now as the Rimac, and can beat an X-class Rimac, then that should say a lot about how much this car's performance was "nerfed". This game isn't always about speed, it's also about how well you can control the car at such speeds too. You can't go 300mph in a car that can't seem to turn at even 240mph. So BlackHillsHntr, please realize that we aren't really talking about the speed anymore.

Edited by user Saturday, June 29, 2019 12:38:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#44 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 12:49:39 PM(UTC)
And if anyone thinks that Johnson saying the car is bad for S2/X class means he can't drive it in stock form, I suggest they try beating his monthly rivals time.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 1:29:10 PM(UTC)
A little more grip is desirable to balance of course, but gearing is another thing forget this

And 599XX Evo/Mosler with huuuge downforce in real life counterpart, capable to reach more than 300mph/500km/h, glitched or not, it's the most stupid and unrealistic thing allowed by PG, ever!

Cars like Chiron/Agera RS are supposed to be the fastest cars in game period!

They was designed to do that, not race cars with huge wings...


i hope some day PG nerf all of these cars with stupid behavior, doing a proper balance!
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 2:13:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BlackHillsHntr Go to Quoted Post
Seriously, this car is not bad. I'm not that great of a driver yet after some practice getting used to it's handling man it's fun and not terrible! Are you people just mad cause you can't do much upgrading so you can drive the car at 300 mph and have "training wheels"? Go and practice some with the car stock and drive it like it's supposed to. Most of the cars I have are not upgraded. Yes I have a lot of tunes shared but mostly for some fun and for people who really can't drive. After I make a tune and share it I reset to default. If you can't drive the Rimac then don't drive it, but don't sit there and ridicule it because you can't drive it stock! The car is fine!


How is upgrading the car adding "training wheels" lol. I've boosted my Mclaren 720s to just over 800bhp, it's still RWD and i use no assists and i use simulation handling. It wheelspins off the start but if you're good with the clutch and control the throttle it takes off like a missile, it's also extremely tail happy but it's super fun to drive. I only upgraded it because the standard car lacked the punch i was looking for, the Rimac needs more customisation so we can improve the handling and power output properly because it handles like a bus and not a hypercar.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#47 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 3:12:27 PM(UTC)
Deleted message, no use arguing on a forum. :-)

Edited by user Saturday, June 29, 2019 3:19:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Playing Forza since FM2
Rank: Racing Permit
#48 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 3:21:53 PM(UTC)
A big part of the issue is FH4s buggy PI system. The PI system does not really take transmission into account properly, hence car speed ratings are all over the place and this makes some cars really OP (EB110).
The first issue with the Rimac is it does not get an adequate PI compensation for having a locked transmission vs cars with customisation ones.

Issue number 2 is cars with massive torque across the entire RPM range are somewhat PI inefficient. The Rimac being all-electric obviously suffers from this inefficiency a lot.

The 3rd issue is the buggy aero/handling on this car. Because PG can't/wont' or don't care to make on-the-fly PI tweaks, all the PI from the Rimac is just sucked into the power and hence there is no PI left over for downforce, which is ridiculous as the real Rimac has pretty advanced aerodynamics. Sure it will never be a top tier handling car due to it's weight but the currently handling is just ridiculously, unrealistically poor vs even some top tier S1 cars.

The Rimac is one of the worse cars in the game. Not asking for it to be buffed to the point of being a meta pick - we just want it's PI fixed so it can somewhat niche as a pure acceleration car.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#49 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 9:19:20 PM(UTC)
So many complainers... the rimac is fine for what it is. It's not a good handling car in real life so stop complaining about that. I do wish it had customizable gear ratios because it would be cool to see a 300mph car but it's still fun as a drag racer or to drift in. Even if they made all these changes you're whining about it wouldn't (and shouldn't) be a competitive s2 racer.
Mod Edit - Link removed. Do not repost. - D
Rank: Racing Permit
#50 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 9:50:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: VanquishedAgain Go to Quoted Post
So many complainers... the rimac is fine for what it is. It's not a good handling car in real life so stop complaining about that. I do wish it had customizable gear ratios because it would be cool to see a 300mph car but it's still fun as a drag racer or to drift in. Even if they made all these changes you're whining about it wouldn't (and shouldn't) be a competitive s2 racer.


Oh come on... I'm not allowed to complain a little? ;P I'm just messing with you. :) I decided to just accept it just like the lego thing. I turned it into a auto drifter because it can't really do that well against unbeatable AI which they would all be in Ford Focus cars. lol And because I can get a lot of drift points from it when it's raining. It looks like it's one of those fun to use cars I guess. I do hope whatever is being released in july is exciting though. I'm starting to shift to other games now due to things are getting very repetitive in this game. Basically the only thing I come back to this game for now is to help with Forzathon Live events and to quickly complete the current seasonal playlist. Other than that, I just play The Crew 2 or No Man's Sky.
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error