5 Pages12345PrevNext
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#51 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 6:18:41 PM(UTC)
PG is pushing Lego land pretty hard. I don't think I've ever seen an expansion location light up the sky during a seasonal event before lol. 90s street races it's hard to miss
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#52 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 6:31:50 PM(UTC)
For the Playground games, I recommend the Peel P50. Yes, I said it, the Peel P50. Seriously, once you can control it, your insane acceleration and small size will make you a pain to tag.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
#53 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 6:39:51 PM(UTC)
I'm not bothering with the Trial this week, since I already have the '18 Cayenne. And I don't want another limo either, so I'm only doing the essentials. Mario Maker 2 comes out tomorrow, so I've got to plan my schedule accordingly.

I don't have a Ferrari F50. I have a Ferrari F50 GT, which apparently is not the same thing. So I'll probably be taking a crack at that one, just as soon as I've finished off the weekly Forzathon.

I must have done dozens of passes at the speed trap in the Eagle. Tried a couple of different tunes, and came tantalizingly close. 239 is now my least favorite number, and I swear, the weather pattern is "rain for 10 minutes, sunny for 2." Went back to the TVR with an X class tune, and got it on the first try. So lesson learned: use the TVR. Quit messing around with the Eagle.
Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 6:44:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MixerWolf Go to Quoted Post
I have tried several cars (audi tts coupé, lotus exige s, 124 spider...) and im 20 30 ish mph away from the 3 stars goal in the Eagle Speedster

any of you have a good car/tune to suggest about that weekly challenge?

Because i dont want to put my hands in my pocket to buy a dlc car

I did a full run (from start to the 3 stars) here:

https://youtu.be/3Af7r4_zq6U

It's a pretty easy asphalt-only run:

-no DLC
-no Rare car
-no gimmicks (like offroad-bumping the car and landing on track).


You just need money (credits) to buy the car in the autoshow, and to buy the suggested parts.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 8:38:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EOD ChaosWo1f Go to Quoted Post
its funny because i just finished the trial in an S1 911 carrera s tuned for grip and beat all the s2 cars in the first 2 races of the ai and team "mates" and the last 2 beat all but 1 team mate even with my team ramming me a few times yet i have people tell me off for not knowing how to drive =/


But your car was tuned and your skill sufficient. Far too many people show up unprepared in terms of both car and driver. That is what was being satirized.

Originally Posted by: EOD ChaosWo1f Go to Quoted Post
it would be nice if playground gave a list of cars that FIT into themes


I get mine by going to any event, and beginning the process of making a custom blueprint just to look at the viable cars, without even finishing said process. The difference between this way and the "view eligible cars" in the seasonal event proper is that the latter also filters the cars by class...

Even so you are right, you are never told the whole story, for instance there is one for heavyweights or something like that, where the weight is what matters, so a bone stock car may be eligible, but a tuned one may not, because of weight reduction.

Edited by user Thursday, June 27, 2019 10:03:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#56 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 9:20:12 PM(UTC)
Cant believe one of the forzathon shop cars is just a car anyone can unlock from a regular car with skill points
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#57 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 10:01:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: phut yoo Go to Quoted Post
Cant believe one of the forzathon shop cars is just a car anyone can unlock from a regular car with skill points


I got my Maserati MC12 FE that way. I was in abject poverty back in the day, it was much cheaper for me than buying a 300 S for the full price, I didn't want to risk buying a used 300S with the perks already bought, and I couldn't afford your typical used MC12 FE either.

Sure, 86,000 credits to buy your regular Sagaris is significantly cheaper than 6 million, but newbies whose garages and pockets are always empty because they want to complete the Playlist, and need to spend on substantial upgrades in a variety of cars all the time, could find the deal relatively more tempting.

Edited by user Thursday, June 27, 2019 10:04:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
User is suspended until 3/27/2024 11:42:22 AM(UTC)
#58 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 2:20:44 AM(UTC)
The PORshe competition is available, I bought the exact same car PORSHE 911, S1 classes, but I still are not allowed to play on it, other players play on their cars with their own coloring. What should I do to play online tracks on my car?
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#59 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 4:32:22 AM(UTC)
Should of had another 10m car in the shop
Rank: Driver's Permit
#60 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 5:33:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MixerWolf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kashu 420 Go to Quoted Post
I used the TVR Griffith for the speed Trap, v12 swapped it, which that v12 actually sounds great for whatever reason, and got like 240.69 mph, good enough.


For this challenge you need to pull a 3 start in a >>Modern Sports Car<< the TVR is a track toy...

i cannot find a car that did the 3 stars yen and i dont want to spend money on the dlc cars... so i guess this weekly challenge is a no go for me


Lotus evora and search for a tune
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#61 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 7:52:56 AM(UTC)
A very messy trial:

https://youtu.be/LNSHavtoGfk



We still won it but I didn't enjoy my own driving. Xbox was also lagging for some reason, making the mess even worse :/
PTG Quadro40k



My Youtube Channel
Rank: Driver's Permit
#62 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 8:43:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mic check 1212 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MixerWolf Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Kashu 420 Go to Quoted Post
I used the TVR Griffith for the speed Trap, v12 swapped it, which that v12 actually sounds great for whatever reason, and got like 240.69 mph, good enough.


For this challenge you need to pull a 3 start in a >>Modern Sports Car<< the TVR is a track toy...

i cannot find a car that did the 3 stars yen and i dont want to spend money on the dlc cars... so i guess this weekly challenge is a no go for me


Lotus evora and search for a tune


I used the Morgan Aero with the tune suggested on here earlier by ALB, worked second time I tried - no DLC cars, just 2 mi utes to watch the YouTube clip, and around 100k in credits to upgrade and tune the car.

Rank: B-Class Racing License
#63 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 9:29:19 AM(UTC)
Airborne pass skill achievement doesn't trigger.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#64 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 9:33:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkinDonutsNr1 Go to Quoted Post
Airborne pass skill achievement doesn't trigger.


It has to be in the modern sports car. If you do the Mudkickers trail you can do about 6 of them.

Edited by user Friday, June 28, 2019 9:34:52 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#65 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 10:20:51 AM(UTC)
challange; complete a cross country event

i dont know whats happnig but i did 4 diffrent cross country series but it still wont regiester

sorry for the english
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#66 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 10:24:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
I must have done dozens of passes at the speed trap in the Eagle. Tried a couple of different tunes, and came tantalizingly close. 239 is now my least favorite number, and I swear, the weather pattern is "rain for 10 minutes, sunny for 2." Went back to the TVR with an X class tune, and got it on the first try. So lesson learned: use the TVR. Quit messing around with the Eagle.

I used the 2019 911 and did in the region of 260mph for the speed trap with it. I'd be surprised if anyone is hugely struggling with it, but my tune is shared, just in case anyone wants to use it.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#67 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 10:25:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XQZ8 Go to Quoted Post
challange; complete a cross country event

i dont know whats happnig but i did 4 diffrent cross country series but it still wont regiester

sorry for the english

It has to be a point to point event, not one with laps. It's not clear, but if you look at the icon, it's the point to point icon not the lap icon.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#68 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 10:32:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: XQZ8 Go to Quoted Post
challange; complete a cross country event

i dont know whats happnig but i did 4 diffrent cross country series but it still wont regiester

sorry for the english

It has to be a point to point event, not one with laps. It's not clear, but if you look at the icon, it's the point to point icon not the lap icon.


Always worth checking the event icon....


It's not a Question of whether the Glass is 1/2 Full or 1/2 Empty - A man dying of thirst would be happy to get his hands on either...

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#69 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 11:32:51 AM(UTC)
Did 3 Star Speed Trap challenge with Porsche 911 Carrera S which I really had to upgrade.

Trial was good. Did it with tuned Porsche 918 Spyder. First time for me to take the first position in all races! Team wins were 3 out of 4.

I think it was really great idea to have first race as circuit where are all sorts of bends and top speed doesn't matter that much. I think this sort of race helps players to get feel to their car, which helps the whole team in later races were on much higher top speeds.


PR stunts were okay. Got Playground Games done at the first try with tuned Porsche, other players in our team had tuned cars, other team were all in stock Porsches.

Did Championships on Pro. Holden Champ turned out to be a bit of a challenge (though I think winnable) with stock Holden Torana A9X against HQ Monaro GTS 350 so I changed to GTS 350 stock after coming second in first race. Won the rest. Haven't seen anyone complaining about this series of street races yet and I think it may be that handling traffic among racing might be easier on lower class cars.

Did Back to the 90s with Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion, don't recall if it had any upgrades and/or tuning. Won the champ with it but can't recommend the car at least with stock gear ratios for this champ.

Developer Routes Champ appeared to be recycled routes? Won them all with stock Mercedes AMG G 65 but couldn't but notice that on two races Drivatars were hindered by narrow checkpoints. At least Drivatars using Chevrolet ZR2 and Ford Raptor '11 had a bit better acceleration and could pull lead on some sections. But after passing them they couldn't really challenge anymore because of narrow gates wouldn't allow them to try passing. Last one I did "Tour of Cotswolds" was the best, even it had lot of tarmac. Last jump messed Drivatars up, like they were coming too fast and jumped too far to efficiently brake to checkpoint gate on right turn. Didn't really saw it tough, but that's how it looked on minimap.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#70 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 11:54:19 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
Did 3 Star Speed Trap challenge with Porsche 911 Carrera S which I really had to upgrade.

Trial was good. Did it with tuned Porsche 918 Spyder. First time for me to take the first position in all races! Team wins were 3 out of 4.

I think it was really great idea to have first race as circuit where are all sorts of bends and top speed doesn't matter that much. I think this sort of race helps players to get feel to their car, which helps the whole team in later races were on much higher top speeds.


PR stunts were okay. Got Playground Games done at the first try with tuned Porsche, other players in our team had tuned cars, other team were all in stock Porsches.

Did Championships on Pro. Holden Champ turned out to be a bit of a challenge (though I think winnable) with stock Holden Torana A9X against HQ Monaro GTS 350 so I changed to GTS 350 stock after coming second in first race. Won the rest. Haven't seen anyone complaining about this series of street races yet and I think it may be that handling traffic among racing might be easier on lower class cars.

Did Back to the 90s with Porsche 911 GT1 Strassenversion, don't recall if it had any upgrades and/or tuning. Won the champ with it but can't recommend the car at least with stock gear ratios for this champ.

Developer Routes Champ appeared to be recycled routes? Won them all with stock Mercedes AMG G 65 but couldn't but notice that on two races Drivatars were hindered by narrow checkpoints. At least Drivatars using Chevrolet ZR2 and Ford Raptor '11 had a bit better acceleration and could pull lead on some sections. But after passing them they couldn't really challenge anymore because of narrow gates wouldn't allow them to try passing. Last one I did "Tour of Cotswolds" was the best, even it had lot of tarmac. Last jump messed Drivatars up, like they were coming too fast and jumped too far to efficiently brake to checkpoint gate on right turn. Didn't really saw it tough, but that's how it looked on minimap.


You get better at just remembering that there will be traffic in these races. Also a good idea to make a drift car that skids all over the road, and practice free-roaming with drift. Whilst drifting practice at doing close misses, and you will find that you hardly ever hit a car in street races anymore. Also do the Rivals with a drift car as well.

Edited by user Friday, June 28, 2019 11:56:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#71 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 2:03:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

Did Championships on Pro. Holden Champ turned out to be a bit of a challenge (though I think winnable) with stock Holden Torana A9X against HQ Monaro GTS 350 so I changed to GTS 350 stock after coming second in first race. Won the rest. Haven't seen anyone complaining about this series of street races yet and I think it may be that handling traffic among racing might be easier on lower class cars.


You get better at just remembering that there will be traffic in these races. Also a good idea to make a drift car that skids all over the road, and practice free-roaming with drift. Whilst drifting practice at doing close misses, and you will find that you hardly ever hit a car in street races anymore. Also do the Rivals with a drift car as well.

Agree that those would work but I don't know how much of the player base are willing to take learning it that far. I guess most of the players come from Live and Horizon is like couple of times in a week or something. During spring I saw a lot of posts and I think even topics about how Street Races should be removed entirely from the game (not just weekly playlists) from frustrated players. I for one really enjoyed them (and really enjoyed them in FH3 and FH2) there's just too few really good routes in FH4 in that category. But I used to do them a lot with stock B-Class '82 Porsche which I started upgrading and tuning a bit and before that I with '55 Chevy which I upgraded over time to one horrible mess for C-class car, but it was fun car for those events.

That said, I don't necessarily enjoy them in S1 or S2 class. Autumn Trial with Ferrari's was exception but that was because I managed to find about perfect car and upgrades for my driving style to my second effort. The reality IMO is that faster the car, shorter time there is to react. There may already be a factor that car might be upgraded to speed and not handling and keeping it on road may have become a challenge already. Traffic itself is just one variable, it creates more when Drivatars collide with them and there are two cars, each sideways blocking the road behind turn. Yeah, I can see how that may end badly, especially for casual player.

In single player it's up from player what class to take on race but in weekly playlist it's different and I just wonder if C- to A-class might the best compromise regarding that. Route features of course have a huge influence too.

My opinion is that Horizon games were worse without Street Races and obviously don't want to see them go. Putting players against random elements is always tricky I guess, but that randomness can sometimes what makes it work. And it's not like there aren't that sort of things happening otherwise. I recall one race in Off-Road Trial, got decent start but got on jump from bad angle. Spun but saw there's some sort of mess of cars in a turn ahead. Good I thought, and I saw I was catching up. Then wild haybale appears from the havoc to my face. I think I got whole 200 points from that race.

Perhaps Street Races on lower class cars at least as one feature (there are probably also players who find anything below S1 boring) might be way to coach casuals to get better with their chaos management skill and enjoy more of the game, or something like that and I think this weeks Holden Championship is practical example of that.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#72 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 3:18:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Do the events on Lego Island and Fortune Island count towards completion percentage?


no


Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: TransAmConnor Go to Quoted Post
Do the events on Lego Island and Fortune Island count towards completion percentage?


Nope.
Only the events stated in the playlist


Cheers folks.
Rank: Driver's License
#73 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 4:31:46 PM(UTC)
Curious to know if past cars will return to get another chance at them for those that did not or were not able to play during past events/seasons. Still peeved about not getting my Ferrari 599XX E along with a few others I missed out on.As much as I would like to I can't be on this 24/7..
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#74 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 4:33:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: getneven Go to Quoted Post
Curious to know if past cars will return to get another chance at them for those that did not or were not able to play during past events/seasons. Still peeved about not getting my Ferrari 599XX E along with a few others I missed out on.As much as I would like to I can't be on this 24/7..


I bought a Ferrari 599XX E in the auction... you have to be fast.

Edited by user Friday, June 28, 2019 4:35:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#75 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 4:35:21 PM(UTC)
Morgan 2010 aero Supersports S2 Tune Named Toodle will hit 240 with a Clean run from back round the corner for Moorhead Wind Farm Speed Trap
5 Pages12345PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error