This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
7 Pages<<4567PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#126 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 1:56:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MrEff1618 Go to Quoted Post
Maybe I'm missing something obvious but how do you get 3 stars in the first event, the Lotus Elise one? The quickest I've managed to get it down to is 2:30, I don't see how you can shave another 60 seconds off it in order to get the 3 stars.

It's way faster to take alternative route. Make U-turn right in the start, turn on bridge to the right continue straight to the dirt section and back to tarmack, take left again. You should easily figure this out from the map after dirt section though.

Or take the first left and go over the dam, then left again iirc. I think it triggered unique dialogue as well, that was a neat little surprise.
#127 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 2:31:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ForbiddenBeef21 Go to Quoted Post
Maybe I'm missing something obvious but how do you get 3 stars in the first event, the Lotus Elise one? The quickest I've managed to get it down to is 2:30, I don't see how you can shave another 60 seconds off it in order to get the 3 stars.

It's way faster to take alternative route. Make U-turn right in the start, turn on bridge to the right continue straight to the dirt section and back to tarmack, take left again. You should easily figure this out from the map after dirt section though.

Or take the first left and go over the dam, then left again iirc. I think it triggered unique dialogue as well, that was a neat little surprise.

It does trigger unique dialogue and yeah, works too for 3stars.
#128 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 7:28:06 PM(UTC)
If it were reasonable, you'd be able to get 3 stars on the proscribed route. Even before seeing the advice here, however, I deduced it was unreasonable and my attempts focused on pulling a U-turn. But I still fell several seconds short and gave up in frustration. And I really don't like the way that car handles.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#129 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 8:34:24 PM(UTC)
There's not really such thing as a "proscribed route". You're getting from one point to another, end of story. Don't depend on the satnav for anything.
 2 users liked this post.
#130 Posted : Wednesday, July 3, 2019 11:49:28 PM(UTC)

The game dialogue has been improved to include dialogue based on what you do. It's much better than before.
#131 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 12:00:06 AM(UTC)
Damn this was diffcult compared to other Horizon stories, but finally I've got it. Took me about more than 2 hours though.

Didn't care much about the Tractor but the 6x6 was worth getting. :) + the Sting racing suit.

Also I like that you can take the junk off the E 350's roof.
 2 users liked this post.
#132 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 1:14:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
If it were reasonable, you'd be able to get 3 stars on the proscribed route. Even before seeing the advice here, however, I deduced it was unreasonable and my attempts focused on pulling a U-turn. But I still fell several seconds short and gave up in frustration. And I really don't like the way that car handles.

Imho the fastest and easiest way to reach 3 stars:

Taking the immediate left over the dam and another left after it is faster than making a U-turn.
 1 user liked this post.
#133 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 2:00:45 AM(UTC)
The announcer also gave a hint to not follow the directions given by saying that the stig notoriously doesn't follow rules or something like that.

1 user liked this post.
#134 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 4:51:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
The game dialogue has been improved to include dialogue based on what you do. It's much better than before.

That's because the Top Gear writers and probably Chris Harris himself were involved and were invested in making it professional and fun.
#135 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 12:59:39 PM(UTC)
Looks like the silly Tractor is the new OP car in B Class adventures.
Saw people driving it several times and nobody managed to even get close to them.
Are they even testing things out before releasing new cars...
Forza-Achievements: 899 / 900 (FM2 Car Broker Achievement ...)
Forza Motorsport 7 Collector Level 47
#136 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 2:31:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KOG7777 Go to Quoted Post
There's a lot of other more interesting stuff they could have pulled from Top Gear....

Like Geoff. Or Oliver.

I'm fairly certain the Opel Kadett (Oliver) is already in the game...

I for one love silly things like this. All three of these new cars can be made into drivable crazy goofy vehicles and I love it.
Mod Edit - Link removed. Do not repost. - D
#137 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 8:15:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post

Taking the immediate left over the dam and another left after it is faster than making a U-turn.

It might be, and thanks for providing a specific route. I couldn't finish it to find out. Kept having trouble keeping above 90 (not least of which was due to traffic always being at every turn). After much cursing, I had to give up. Stress is the opposite of what I look for in video games. I had been planning on moving forward from there to try and at least get to the Track-tor tier, but I'm disillusioned and putting FH4 aside for awhile.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
#138 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 9:48:49 AM(UTC)

It does trigger unique dialogue and yeah, works too for 3stars.

Thanks all, I knew there was something obvious I was missing! Now I just need to shave a few seconds off the offroad Mercedes E-AT run and I'll have all the stars.
 1 user liked this post.
#139 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 6:43:15 PM(UTC)
I'm getting emails from people wanting me to "sell" them my 6x6. lol Never understood why people want cars so bad when they're too lazy to actually play the game anyway. Totally stupid. They're also out of the loop since you can't sell cars to people in Forza anyway.
#140 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 8:12:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
I'm getting emails from people wanting me to "sell" them my 6x6. lol Never understood why people want cars so bad when they're too lazy to actually play the game anyway. Totally stupid. They're also out of the loop since you can't sell cars to people in Forza anyway.

I tried playing the game to get the vehicle - which I wanted before it was even in the game. The requirements to unlock it are too hard for me. And I certainly haven't emailed anyone about it, but I did check the Auction House - that place where you allegedly can sell cars to people in Forza - with low expectations that were soundly met. I didn't expect anyone would actually be selling it, and if they were I expected to need 20 million for it, and I'm 5 million short.
 1 user liked this post.
#141 Posted : Friday, July 5, 2019 9:07:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post

I tried playing the game to get the vehicle - which I wanted before it was even in the game. The requirements to unlock it are too hard for me. And I certainly haven't emailed anyone about it, but I did check the Auction House - that place where you allegedly can sell cars to people in Forza - with low expectations that were soundly met. I didn't expect anyone would actually be selling it, and if they were I expected to need 20 million for it, and I'm 5 million short.

The challenges seemed impossible to me as well, but you should stick with it. There's a trick to each one and they aren't really hard once you figure it out. The hardest is the point to point with the Mercedes but if you follow the suggestions in this thread or watch some videos on the fastest routes, you will do it without much problem.

#142 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 1:45:35 AM(UTC)
Anyone struggling with getting the Track-Tor (Top Gear chapter 4) should have a look at the following:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oZqe0kldX0M

Best route I've seen and Valorster manages to reach the destination in 4:22 (target 5:10).

1 user liked this post.
#143 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 8:32:46 AM(UTC)
My Cross Country tuned B700 Track-tor beats my Cross Country A800 Ranger Raptor lol
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#144 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 9:27:40 AM(UTC)
I'm kinda surprised at all the inability there is at simple problem solving
 3 users liked this post.
#145 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 9:47:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

I'm not.
#146 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 1:01:52 AM(UTC)
Does anyone have any recommendations for tunes for either Merc? Not quite sure what to do with them! Presume the 6 wheeler is best as a X country vehicle?
#147 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 2:47:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

In this case there were hints, but in Alisha's taxis there were lies.

Edited by user Sunday, July 7, 2019 6:34:48 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#148 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 12:39:15 PM(UTC)
I just want to say that chapter 6 (with the Porsche) is a great event. I love the track and the car handles beautifully.

Also what is the 4 cylinder engine on the back of the Tracktor for? I am assuming it is the power take off for any farm attachments, just kind of strange Top Gear left it on the Tracktor considering they could have saved an easy 400lbs by removing it, wonder if it is needed to officially be considered a tractor.
#149 Posted : Sunday, July 7, 2019 3:45:14 PM(UTC)
Top Gear’s Track-tor sets a new Guinness World Records title!
Track-tor claims to be the worlds fastest tractor at 87.2mph

But I got curious and found this tractor running 90.09mph with a 17second pass, this video was posted in 2007, long before the Track-tor was built, so how can it be promoted as the fastest when it actually isn't?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RcYNTt0ceIo

Moderated since 24-06-19 How much longer?
#150 Posted : Sunday, July 14, 2019 6:57:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RED RIDER NL Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

That's because the Top Gear writers and probably Chris Harris himself were involved and were invested in making it professional and fun.

People found this fun? I'm playing it today and 'like pulling teeth' would be a more apt description of these tedious events.
7 Pages<<4567PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error