4 Pages<<234Prev
#76 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 11:01:50 PM(UTC)
Quote:
If you're aiming for a tutorial kind of thing, then the fast forwarding after taking first is not helpful. I think the average beginner might benefit from seeing braking techniques around tight bends, like the S curves in race 2, so maybe consider going back to normal speed for that sort of thing.

Thanks, I'll try normal speed next time. The concern here is that when you're already first, there's very little really happening as unless you really screw it up bad, AI is unlikely to overtake really.

Quote:
That first race, you spent more time in the woods than I do on a par 5. :p

lol, yeah, I couldn't quite get used to braking on this car on winter road, kept going just a bit too deep in each corner :)

Edited by user Saturday, June 22, 2019 11:02:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

PTG Quadro40k

My Youtube Channel
#77 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 4:33:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Baz828 Go to Quoted Post
What have PG done to the Danger Sign for this weeks seasonal PR Stunt? It's like it slows you down as you take the jump. I'm using the Jeep TrailCat, the very same Car i set my PB of 899ft in the snow and it will not get close to 700ft.

If you have the Mostler... upgrade it to X and is that car instead. It works
#78 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 1:02:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
If you're aiming for a tutorial kind of thing, then the fast forwarding after taking first is not helpful. I think the average beginner might benefit from seeing braking techniques around tight bends, like the S curves in race 2, so maybe consider going back to normal speed for that sort of thing.

What I've found from the youtube view duration stats is people simply don't watch when nothing is happening, with driving along in 1st place appearing to constitute "nothing is happening" for most people.
#79 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 8:36:51 PM(UTC)
I'm sorry, but the danger sign ths time around is awfully broken. Whoever posted it didn't test it. My personal best is a 895.10 ft., and I can even break 700. And don't tell me to use the Ferrari, Lamborghini, or the Mosler. That's not the point. If those are the only vehicle that are working, then that only proves the point further. It's broken, period, and needs to be addressed.
 1 user liked this post.
#80 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 8:49:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stormy036 Go to Quoted Post
I'm sorry, but the danger sign ths time around is awfully broken. Whoever posted it didn't test it. My personal best is a 895.10 ft., and I can even break 700. And don't tell me to use the Ferrari, Lamborghini, or the Mosler. That's not the point. If those are the only vehicle that are working, then that only proves the point further. It's broken, period, and needs to be addressed.

Extremely difficult =/= "broken". There have been PR stunts (usually Danger Signs) in previous Forzathons that have been very difficult to complete (including some that had to be taken completely differently to the way that they are obviously designed), it's just part of the challenge.

I actually found it refreshing to have a PR stunt that I had to use a different car than normal (my usual jump-mobile is an S1 Toyota Baja) and one that presented a challenge (I even had to tweak the tune), normally the weekly PR stunts can be dispatched without even trying (often taking longer to Fast Travel there than it does to complete).

And for the record I didn't use a Ferrari, Lamborghini or Mosler, I used a Koeniggseg, so those aren't the "only" vehicles that "work".

Edited by user Tuesday, June 25, 2019 8:53:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#81 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 9:39:01 PM(UTC)

not broken at all, no period and definitely doesn't need addressing just because it's too hard for some people
I did it after about 7 attempts with my regular jump car
just difficult, and seems even more so for you
it's a challenge , and not supposed to be easy...if it was easy it's not a challenge and would be just another participation reward
#82 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 10:16:00 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HIR07A Go to Quoted Post

Extremely difficult =/= "broken". There have been PR stunts (usually Danger Signs) in previous Forzathons that have been very difficult to complete (including some that had to be taken completely differently to the way that they are obviously designed), it's just part of the challenge.

I actually found it refreshing to have a PR stunt that I had to use a different car than normal (my usual jump-mobile is an S1 Toyota Baja) and one that presented a challenge (I even had to tweak the tune), normally the weekly PR stunts can be dispatched without even trying (often taking longer to Fast Travel there than it does to complete).

And for the record I didn't use a Ferrari, Lamborghini or Mosler, I used a Koeniggseg, so those aren't the "only" vehicles that "work".

For the record, my personal is with the Agera RS.

I was able to do it eventually with over 736 ft, using the same car, but off of a lucky bounce. That's not what I call challenging when you really have to rely primarily on luck. Maybe broken was the wrong term, but it wasn't exactly functioning as intended either.

1 user liked this post.
#83 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 5:59:40 AM(UTC)

I was able to do it eventually with over 736 ft, using the same car, but off of a lucky bounce. That's not what I call challenging when you really have to rely primarily on luck. Maybe broken was the wrong term, but it wasn't exactly functioning as intended either.

You probably didn't realise that you have to do the jump from an angle. because of the snow, and the angle that works best in the snow is from the side, because the bounces through thick snow are less there. So it's not luck, it's a change of environment that can be figured out.
#84 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 11:33:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

You probably didn't realise that you have to do the jump from an angle. because of the snow, and the angle that works best in the snow is from the side, because the bounces through thick snow are less there. So it's not luck, it's a change of environment that can be figured out.

Hmm. then it had to be a shallow angle then (well more shallow than I was thinking). I was trying from different angles, but I had issues trying to get the jump to trigger if I wasn't essentially heading straight on, even though I was clearly going between the flags. I was even trying to use the Extra Life perk to my advantage by rolling for extra distance. But in my opinion, it still doesn't explain the ±200 ft gap. I can understand that you don't get as much grip in the snow, but that much of a gap is pretty excessive.

Don't get me wrong, I love a good challenge too. I like being able to use brain to solve problems rather that just brute forcing them. But this one felt off for me somewhere. Originally I thought it might've been related to the update that introduced wall riding countermeasures as I remember in one of the livestreams, PG delayed the update because it had an adverse effect on ramp objects, which makes sense. However, the ramp itself is not a ramp object as far is I know, but a part of the game world mesh.

I did like another danger sign that was giving me issues a few months back. It was the Outcrop Crest one where I figured it out by essentially launching my car perpendicular to the trigger heading north, but angled enough to trigger the jump. This one was also in winter. But similar tactics just wasn't working here, at least for me, from wide angles to shallow angles.

Well, it's over with. Whether it's luck or not, it is possible, just not in the way you'd originally think.
#85 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 2:56:38 AM(UTC)
Trying this danger sign jump for almost an hour now, can't get it done neither using any of my usual 'stunt cars', nor driving fully upgraded Mosler, or Aventador, or Veyron - all X class 999 and stuff, and I try to drive as accurate and 'by the perfect line' as possible. I just hate this jump, and I think that whoever came up with the idea to set the numbers that specific way this time clearly made a difficulty spike 'just for the sake of it', especially when comparing to [moderately easy] jumps from previous seasons. Or this person simply haven't touched it at all, to check if it's balanced or not.
I know it's 'doable' but given how difficult it is to beat the target there, it's most definitely not a 'fun' challenge to me. It probably would be - if only FH4 would be a simulation game which should be hard by default. Last time I checked FH4 isn't a racing sim whatsoever. :shrugs:
And yeah, I get that it's tricky, I need to enter the ramp on a certain angle, etc. etc. It doesn't help much though.

UPD: And just as I finished the post and returned to the ramp once again to see how poorly designed it is, I managed to beat it (750+ ft, or smth).

This wasn't worth it, this is still a flawed seasonal target. 725 ft is just too much, sorry.

Edited by user Thursday, June 27, 2019 3:04:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: phrasing & grammar, probably missed some, oh well

#86 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 5:33:10 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LoCAST Go to Quoted Post
Trying this danger sign jump for almost an hour now, can't get it done neither using any of my usual 'stunt cars', nor driving fully upgraded Mosler, or Aventador, or Veyron - all X class 999 and stuff, and I try to drive as accurate and 'by the perfect line' as possible. I just hate this jump, and I think that whoever came up with the idea to set the numbers that specific way this time clearly made a difficulty spike 'just for the sake of it', especially when comparing to [moderately easy] jumps from previous seasons. Or this person simply haven't touched it at all, to check if it's balanced or not.
I know it's 'doable' but given how difficult it is to beat the target there, it's most definitely not a 'fun' challenge to me. It probably would be - if only FH4 would be a simulation game which should be hard by default. Last time I checked FH4 isn't a racing sim whatsoever. :shrugs:
And yeah, I get that it's tricky, I need to enter the ramp on a certain angle, etc. etc. It doesn't help much though.

UPD: And just as I finished the post and returned to the ramp once again to see how poorly designed it is, I managed to beat it (750+ ft, or smth).

This wasn't worth it, this is still a flawed seasonal target. 725 ft is just too much, sorry.

Well I did it second time.
 1 user liked this post.
#87 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 5:56:12 AM(UTC)
First
 2 users liked this post.
#88 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 6:00:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetleonidas Go to Quoted Post
First

Well aren't you just special
 1 user liked this post.
#89 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 6:07:41 AM(UTC)
First

87 is the new 1 guys
#90 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 9:43:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LoCAST Go to Quoted Post

Yeah, I barely was able to do it myself off of a lucky bounce (car skidded on the rear bumper for some extra distance). I used my usual cars and those "special tunes" for the certain cars mentioned before, etc. and nothing for over an hour. When the cars you expect to work don't work, and the cars that aren't supposed to work here given the terrain do work, then there's something wrong. I'm usually able to bang out these targets within one to a couple of attempts.

725 ft wasn't inherently a bad target (my personal being almost 900 ft), I think what made it bad this time around was the fact the season was in winter, which has an adverse affect on the vehicles's physics. I think these numbers were probably set in a different season and was just "assumed" that it'll work in all seasons, forgetting seasons do affect gameplay, to a certain extent. Flawed is a better word to describe it as I used the word broken. Either way, it did not work as intended. That much is certain.

First

Just simply put, no. Given the difficulty this jump was, I'm inclined to not believe this statement without irrefutable evidence, especially when all it says is "First" without describing a single thing. You must be the elite few who reached 13,000 ft., which seems to be the all time record for this danger sign.
4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error