4 Pages1234PrevNext
#51 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 5:16:17 AM(UTC)
I experienced the same thing someone else mentioned in the Trial. Everyone else on my team showed up with a stock Delta. I was about to quit but I stuck it out and it ended up being a great race. Probably my favourite Trial so far.

Also, a couple people mentioned the Rip Rod. I can understand completionists wanting it but it's nothing special. It's no Jeep Trailcat.
#52 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 5:43:03 AM(UTC)
Community Routes Solo championship:

https://youtu.be/oKkTJsWf_Wc

PTG Quadro40k

My Youtube Channel
#53 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 7:06:14 AM(UTC)
Anyone struggling with the jump should try the following:

2012 Lamborghini Aventador LP700-4
and specific tune called WINTER SPEEDTRAP by STEVEtheP1R4TE

Cleared the objective first time by over 30 metres.

Cracking tune/upgrade.

First half of following video shows it is possible with the Ferrari. Second half shows the difference a great tune/upgrade can make.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01xYNotOmM8

Edited by user Friday, June 21, 2019 8:00:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#54 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 8:27:01 AM(UTC)
Bugging Out solo champ:

https://youtu.be/vOaA7QC_RxQ

PTG Quadro40k

My Youtube Channel
#55 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 9:28:14 AM(UTC)
Aptfuuu... winter again I hate winter!
 1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 9:42:23 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Quadro40k Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
he car's speed drops off like 15-20 kph just as it goes over the lip of the jump, and that seems to make the difference between finishing or failing the PR goal.

Yup, it does, and it looks like that's from hitting a snow pile on the very edge of the jump.

See the video up the thread for a way to counter it - basically you need to go at angle aiming from the right side. As I mentioned, I don't believe it's possible at all to do it heads on, I tested a wide range of cars and tunes just to see if it's doable, my best was 208 m. From the side - no issue at all.

I watched the video and tried it that way. After a couple of rewinds to correct the car angle right before the jump, I was able to clear the goal by about 10m in my Capri FE. Still way short of my record with the same car, but enough to complete the challenge. Thanks for the advice. :) I need to go back in summer and try it again to see how much the snow is affecting things.

This week's trial was weird, and also easier than usual. I guess many players don't bother with Lancia because literally EVERY other person showed up in the base Delta, including the AI. One AI car was tuned to 697 (i think) but the rest were all at base level pi (638). I was driving a Fulvia with AWD, full aero, and a mix of handing and power parts, and I literally walked away from everyone else, and got three 1st place finishes, and overall, our team won 2 out of 3, so done.

The Edinburgh community challenge race was also seriously fun. I did that one in my VK Commodore.
"I knew I should have brought demon chasing shoes!"
#57 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 9:54:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sierra Skye19 Go to Quoted Post
Quote:
he car's speed drops off like 15-20 kph just as it goes over the lip of the jump, and that seems to make the difference between finishing or failing the PR goal.

Yup, it does, and it looks like that's from hitting a snow pile on the very edge of the jump.

See the video up the thread for a way to counter it - basically you need to go at angle aiming from the right side. As I mentioned, I don't believe it's possible at all to do it heads on, I tested a wide range of cars and tunes just to see if it's doable, my best was 208 m. From the side - no issue at all.

I watched the video and tried it that way. After a couple of rewinds to correct the car angle right before the jump, I was able to clear the goal by about 10m in my Capri FE. Still way short of my record with the same car, but enough to complete the challenge. Thanks for the advice. :) I need to go back in summer and try it again to see how much the snow is affecting things.

This week's trial was weird, and also easier than usual. I guess many players don't bother with Lancia because literally EVERY other person showed up in the base Delta, including the AI. One AI car was tuned to 697 (i think) but the rest were all at base level pi (638). I was driving a Fulvia with AWD, full aero, and a mix of handing and power parts, and I literally walked away from everyone else, and got three 1st place finishes, and overall, our team won 2 out of 3, so done.

The Edinburgh community challenge race was also seriously fun. I did that one in my VK Commodore.

I used the Fulvia as well, I have several tuned for different classes. It's one of my favourite cars. I didn't do as well as you 1st - 2nd - 1st but my team, also in base Deltas, won all three events.
#58 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 10:16:20 AM(UTC)
My Delta was still stock tune from a previous championship, but I upgraded it to top of B for the Trial. But honestly, it's not bad either way for B class.

I didn't see a lot of people showing up in a stock Delta. What was weird in my race was, a lot of the team was able to pick other Lancia cars, even though the Delta was the only eligible car showing.
#59 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 10:26:26 AM(UTC)
The eligible cars thing has always been bugged. I thought it was supposed to be fixed in a recent update. Never trust that screen, it was a Lancia championship, all B class Lancias are eligible.
#60 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 10:31:45 AM(UTC)
When it comes to the playground games things, do you have to be on the winning team to complete it, or do you just have to finish it. I tried getting through 5 rounds but its just tedious.
#61 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 10:49:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Midnight Chompz Go to Quoted Post
When it comes to the playground games things, do you have to be on the winning team to complete it, or do you just have to finish it. I tried getting through 5 rounds but its just tedious.

Your team has to win.
#62 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 11:24:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
My Delta was still stock tune from a previous championship, but I upgraded it to top of B for the Trial. But honestly, it's not bad either way for B class.

I didn't see a lot of people showing up in a stock Delta. What was weird in my race was, a lot of the team was able to pick other Lancia cars, even though the Delta was the only eligible car showing.

Absolutely love that 037. That thing is a gem, it probably doesnt get enough love. As a B class, that thing is well balanced. Power and handling
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
#63 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 12:03:06 PM(UTC)
Community Routes Solo championship:

https://youtu.be/oKkTJsWf_Wc

You did the second laps of these 3 races so much faster than the first laps.
#64 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 12:18:31 PM(UTC)
Quote:
I was driving a Fulvia with AWD, full aero, and a mix of handing and power parts, and I literally walked away from everyone else, and got three 1st place finishes, and overall, our team won 2 out of 3, so done.

I used Delta Evo (same as a prize) with PTG Predator's tune and it simply drives away from everyone. The video above I did alright but after that I did another run just for fun and on the second race I missed a checkpoint TWICE and still won the race (like won - ahead of all drivatars and all players). It's just stupidly easy with that car + tune.
PTG Quadro40k

My Youtube Channel
#65 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 12:20:11 PM(UTC)
Quote:
You did the second laps of these 3 races so much faster than the first laps.

Yeah, the video was done on first attempt and I didn't know the track. With no rewinds (well, they are on but I can't use them as it makes the video look stupid) had to be quite careful.
PTG Quadro40k

My Youtube Channel
#66 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 6:46:24 PM(UTC)
Anyone else having problems with hypercar speed zone challenge....i cant collect stars even when i get three stars in a speed zone... **** in me off
#67 Posted : Friday, June 21, 2019 11:02:56 PM(UTC)
Trial was pretty easy. Playground was annoying though. Finally won one and some wingnut was so angry he decided to send me a personal email with some not-so-nice language after. Playground really brings out the best in people. lol
#68 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 12:20:38 AM(UTC)
White Knuckle Ride seasonal champ:

https://youtu.be/_-fGPfpVf14

PTG Quadro40k

My Youtube Channel
#69 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 10:21:45 AM(UTC)
I can't complete the jump, i always fall short due to hitting invisible debris which knocks a chunk of my speed off preventing me from clearing the challenge.
#70 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 10:34:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ST0RM HAWK 89 Go to Quoted Post
I can't complete the jump, i always fall short due to hitting invisible debris which knocks a chunk of my speed off preventing me from clearing the challenge.

Come at it from an angle, lots of posts on that.

I am stuck on 'Get 3 Ultimate Near Misses!'

I usually get them by luck, but I don't really know what an Ultimate Near Miss is. Anyway I can't get them today, so it might help if I knew what they were..lol.
#71 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 10:45:37 AM(UTC)
Head out on the Hwy into oncoming traffic. Over 180 mph and a near miss should net an "ultimate near miss".
#72 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 11:03:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NeubaumTurk HK Go to Quoted Post
Head out on the Hwy into oncoming traffic. Over 180 mph and a near miss should net an "ultimate near miss".

OK thanks!
#73 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 12:24:32 PM(UTC)
White Knuckle Ride seasonal champ:

https://youtu.be/_-fGPfpVf14

That first race, you spent more time in the woods than I do on a par 5. :p

Your second race went much better than mine, though. And your third race more or less the same.

If you're aiming for a tutorial kind of thing, then the fast forwarding after taking first is not helpful. I think the average beginner might benefit from seeing braking techniques around tight bends, like the S curves in race 2, so maybe consider going back to normal speed for that sort of thing.
#74 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 3:46:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RED RIDER NL Go to Quoted Post
I experienced the same thing someone else mentioned in the Trial. Everyone else on my team showed up with a stock Delta. I was about to quit but I stuck it out and it ended up being a great race. Probably my favourite Trial so far.

Same here. The trial we had a few weeks back with the Mini's was a B class event as well and that one was equally as much fun. It seems there's a lot better racing to be had with lower class cars.

I used Delta Evo (same as a prize) with PTG Predator's tune and it simply drives away from everyone.

I tuned mine myself, but looking up PTG Predator's tune, the stats were very similar. You're right though, that thing is a monster in B class compared to the Delta S4. On the Ableside Scramble, I actually ended up lapping one of my own team mates.

#75 Posted : Saturday, June 22, 2019 8:29:47 PM(UTC)
My little wish about community championships.
If they choose a longer circuit for the community championship route, I wish those circuits to be 1 lap.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error