3 Pages123PrevNext
#26 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 8:46:38 AM(UTC)
Ugh, have every single 'prize' and store item already except the Dino(obviously). What a drag
#27 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 9:05:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: phut yoo Go to Quoted Post
Ugh, have every single 'prize' and store item already except the Dino(obviously). What a drag

Fine by me. I like quiet weeks every once in a while when I can plan around what I already have.

And this is a good week to have it. More time to mess about in LEGO valley.

My FP is getting up there, though. Hope there's something new to buy before they decide to raise the prices again.
#28 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 10:00:14 AM(UTC)
It's pretty easy to get to 50% with the ranked/hotlap/forzathon/PR stunts which doesn't take much time, maybe one event set I find tolerable. Not making any effort to the 80% series award. Retro Rally FTW B class classic rally cars is probably my biggest group of tuned/painted vehicles.

And I started this whole series going for 100% each month, now I could care less as long as I get the new stuff.

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2019 10:04:22 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#29 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 5:22:10 PM(UTC)
Anyone else notice that the name of the Porsche challenge was initially mis-spelled "Studgart's Heraldry" in the first post (maybe an in-joke reference to Lego) but in-game it's mis-spelled _differently_ as "Stuggart" (when the real city name is Stuttgart)?
#30 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 7:29:10 PM(UTC)
OK, The Seasonal Jump in Lego Valley was actually pretty tough to pull off. Finally did it but it is way harder than what the Mainland has been the last few weeks.
#31 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 12:49:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
oops! That strikethrough on the Vauxhall was a copy/paste from last week when they changed the Forzathon Shop shortly after the season started. Unless they do that again, the Vauxhall should be available for the next 7 days.

Manteo, you didn't add the seasonal PR Stunt, Trial and Championships in LEGO Valley in the opening post.
#32 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 12:59:42 AM(UTC)
The trial and playground were quick and easy but the developers championship was insane. Something must be glitching with the difficulty settings because "highly skilled" is almost as hard as "unbeatable" now. Not sure what's going on. I'm thinking that the difficulty setting sticks to the first setting you have it on regardless whether you lower it or not for the next race. It's the only thing I can think of.
#33 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 1:02:51 AM(UTC)
Developer championship
Its a joke tuned car and csnt even keep up and the routes are no better than the stupid community ones thanks playground ther goes my 100% on the series now

Edited by user Saturday, June 15, 2019 3:18:46 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#34 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 1:14:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KILLANEYROCKS Go to Quoted Post
Its a joke tuned car and csnt even keep up and the routes are no better than the stupid community ones thanks playground ther goes my 100% on the series now

It was maddening and took me three tries to do it (just barely at that). I used the Nissan GTR Black Edition with a seasonal tune. Don't give up. I think there's something wrong with the settings. Highly Skilled seems to be as hard as Unbeatable at times for certain championships and races.

#35 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 1:32:28 AM(UTC)
It's hard, but you learn the bends each time you attempt it. I used a Porche 911 Turbo S.
 1 user liked this post.
#36 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 2:06:55 AM(UTC)
Quote:
developers championship was insane.

Not sure what's going on.

If you happen to use braking line or racing line, that might be deceptive - there's a whole lot of fast turns that barely need any brakes applied but have red line all the way. And if you happen to brake there, it makes drivatars look ultrafast - as they don't.

Also, even apart from braking, racing lines in this champ are very far from ideal so you might be loosing a lot of time there as well.

But I agree, this one was the most difficult solo champ in a good while.
PTG Quadro40k

My Youtube Channel
#37 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 2:13:30 AM(UTC)
Here's a video of me beating it with my by-far-not-ideal driving. This is on Expert difficulty.

Car: 2015 McLaren 650S Coupe
Tune: Suwaidi AD (S1 900)

Maybe it would help.

https://youtu.be/QvkI7jduAuk

PTG Quadro40k

My Youtube Channel
 5 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 3:18:23 AM(UTC)
I thought it was one of the best championships until now, and I've been playing since day 1.

Different and big tracks, with a cool layout and on top of that I could test many S1 class tuned cars I almost never used. It's not the easiest championship for sure, but I enjoyed it, repeated it 3 times as they're unique tracks.

I wonder if I can favourite these blueprints so I can race at them later?
#39 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 4:52:43 AM(UTC)
I kindof liked the first two races in the Developer championship. Came in second and first. I could always see the next checkpoint, and had no trouble at all figuring out where I was supposed to go.

The third race was a mess. There's one kaizo corner early on. (Those turns that are anywhere from 300-359°, I've decided to call kaizo corners, borrowing from retro modding origins. Also, any corner where the checkpoint is hidden behind a tree.) It's not as bad as some past events. The checkpoint is placed reasonably, and you can see it coming, but I think there's a bump or a wet patch in the braking zone that I kept messing up. Not the creator's fault. That one's on me. Also had trouble with the railroad tracks. Hit a bump, and went flying off into the field. Rewind was broken too, so I basically had to quit out and restart. Took me three or four tries.
#40 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 5:40:52 AM(UTC)
High speed courses are always tougher; it's pure power, which the AI generally has an advantage on with high difficulty. Nothing glitched, just normal AI behavior.
#41 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 7:06:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
The trial and playground were quick and easy but the developers championship was insane. Something must be glitching with the difficulty settings because "highly skilled" is almost as hard as "unbeatable" now. Not sure what's going on. I'm thinking that the difficulty setting sticks to the first setting you have it on regardless whether you lower it or not for the next race. It's the only thing I can think of.

Did you drive an RWD car? For me it's much easier to win in AWD in Horizon 4.

BTW did my Developers championship easily in GTC4 Lusso.
It's nowhere near 10 online "adventures" or playground "games".

Edited by user Sunday, June 16, 2019 10:52:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#42 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 8:58:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KILLANEYROCKS Go to Quoted Post

It was maddening and took me three tries to do it (just barely at that). I used the Nissan GTR Black Edition with a seasonal tune. Don't give up. I think there's something wrong with the settings. Highly Skilled seems to be as hard as Unbeatable at times for certain championships and races.

Thanks for your tip I used the Nissan GTR black edition and downloaded the season tune two wins and a second place finished six points ahead on top

Edited by user Saturday, June 15, 2019 8:59:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#43 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 1:00:33 PM(UTC)
The AI are very fast in the first race, gotta go fast. After 3 tries, I did the other 2 races, P1 first try. I went back to gotta go fast, was able to get P2, won the event.

There is something going on with gotta go fast, in the attempt I finished 2nd, I was 3.3 seconds ahead of P11 (P12 was way off pace), yet a full 6 seconds behind P1!

I did this championship again, this time co-op. The first race was still a headache, but the championship is easier in co-op as it makes the races points based.

Edited by user Saturday, June 15, 2019 1:04:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#44 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 1:48:51 PM(UTC)
Took two efforts for Trial. Decided to toy with tuning Ferrari GTC4Lusso for it and it wasn't a good idea. Top 3 material but very tricky to drive. Upgraded Ferrari California T for next attempt and it was a joy to drive. Took first position in 2 out of 3. Good team also on second attempt.

Developers Championship was great. First and second circuits were very good. Third one had bit too many blind turns for my taste but one which comes behind small uphill must be single out to be pure evil, in a good way. :-D. Did the championship with '17 Nissan GT-R stock. All fine and good but felt like Drivatars slowed down on second lap, did these on Pro.

Did Rally champ with Mitsubishi Lancer Evo VI GSR stock and Off road thing with Maserati Levante S with some upgrades which was almost God mode on 2 out 3 races.
 1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 1:51:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Radamanthys461 Go to Quoted Post
I thought it was one of the best championships until now, and I've been playing since day 1.

Different and big tracks, with a cool layout and on top of that I could test many S1 class tuned cars I almost never used. It's not the easiest championship for sure, but I enjoyed it, repeated it 3 times as they're unique tracks.

I wonder if I can favourite these blueprints so I can race at them later?

Yes I favourite Gotta Go Fast, it's just a regular Blueprint.
#46 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 1:53:50 PM(UTC)
Did this with '17 Nissan GT-R stock.

I focused staying just behind the top 5 for the first lap, learned bends, where to brake, where to brake early, where no brakes but no throttle either. Took first position on last lap in each race, last one was the trickiest one. Funny thing is that for me it felt almost like Drivatars were slowing down, except I was on Pro difficulty.
#47 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 2:14:00 PM(UTC)
because it was so long I changed drivatar difficulty to highly skilled as per requirement after the first race where I ended up 2nd , and then did it easily finishing first by a mile
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#48 Posted : Saturday, June 15, 2019 2:48:22 PM(UTC)
No troubles finishing 1st in all 3 races with 599 gto
#49 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 10:48:16 AM(UTC)
10 online "adventures" to get seasonal 80%? No, thank you. I guess no Aventador again.
#50 Posted : Sunday, June 16, 2019 10:48:49 AM(UTC)
And I guess no more "ultimate" Forza preorders
3 Pages123PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error