This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Prev
 3 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 6:36:20 PM(UTC)
Is there any news on the IMSA Partnership that was announced before launch? It would be a great addition to have the complete IMSA Track list in the game along with the full GT4 & TCR Field of cars. Some teams such as HART even volunteered to scan their car to add it into the game.
 2 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 6:57:16 PM(UTC)
For FM8, can the Spectate/Replay camera angles be updated to be more inline with real racing broadcasts (Trackside Cameras)? It would make watching events like FRC and LeMans eSports much more enjoyable to see the battles, instead of a stylized closeup of the car we are watching. Also could the length of replays be longer than 20min?

Edited by user Tuesday, June 25, 2019 9:52:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Monday, June 24, 2019 8:59:20 AM(UTC)
Instead of just Forza Monthly videos or brief Discord chat, why not have developers such as Torben and Chris Esaki respond to Q&A in forum thread or blog format?
 1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 10:16:42 AM(UTC)
Any plans to improve more audio? Specifically the cockpit view. Too many cars are horribly engineered in that view. Too narrow, not enough low end, just feel like they're heavily over-processed for no good reason. I would prefer that the car sounds be universal between Horizon and Motorsport titles.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 25, 2019 10:18:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 2:58:57 PM(UTC)
When are the new bodykits that were mentioned in a stream a couple of months ago coming to FH4?
 3 users liked this post.
#31 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 3:32:41 PM(UTC)
Are you working on improvements to the Ranked Lobby Matchmaking system?
-Resolve issues where only the convoy leader receives a session alert
-Provide player feedback on estimated wait times, how many players are currently playing ranked adventures, how many players are currently searching for ranked adventures.
-Increase the player base by providing better quality rewards, and different rewards for each game mode.
-Why wasn't TrueSkill 2 implemented instead of TrueSkill classic?
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 7:27:39 PM(UTC)
Other games are teaming up with manufacturers and real-world series to provide a more authentic and engaging racing experience and improved eSports experience. Why is that Forza seems to be going the other way, adding things and forming partnerships that have nothing to do with motorsports like the Barrett Jackson pack and Hot Wheels, and not making the most of the supposed partnership with IMSA or capitalizing on the inclusion of the Indycars or the TCR Audi, and not making any steps towards making the actual racing experience more authentic?
#33 Posted : Tuesday, June 25, 2019 8:40:43 PM(UTC)
ALL FH4

In mainland, what is the intent in making so realistic rendering world and allowing non realistic rendering cars ?

In A class, why keeping Boneshaker in A class when there is such gap with other A class cars overall performance ? (Ranked and Rivals are clearly demonstration of it)

In Creative Hub, what is the purpose of allowing me to download or report my own tunes ?

In Creative Hub, why am I not seeing download stats for each tune ?

In Creative Hub, why is the number of tunes displayed having a limit under the max number of tunes allowed ?

In Creative Hub, why don't we have the information about the actions expected to raise next levels ( painter / tuner ) ?

In Audio section, why the 'Streamer mode' is still deactivated each time player loads the game ? ( kind reminder it is the only way to deactivate music in the game )

In Custom Adventure, why isn't it possible to search ALL and pick from list ?

In Custom Adventure, why isn't it possible to specify ANY for aspects that we are not willing to force ( collision ON, OFF , ANY )

In Online Adventures, why is the snow tyre tag still missing ? (except joining from a previous race in winter )

In Auction house, it was indicated to 'black market' support to allow selling to specific gamertag. As there is already a limitation in selling to everyone, why being allowing to sell to specific gamertag like once a month would be black market supportive ?

In Ranked team Adventure, would it be possible to disqualify anyone not having pass at least 1 car during the first race ?

In Ranked team Adventure, would it be possible to disqualify DNF players at the end of first race ?

In player list, would it be possible to disqualify DNF players at the end of the first race ? ( too many people join just expecting the others to do the job / not racing at all )

In Car tune page, I had my perks points back, why all the points in earn since discarded ? ( being over 1000 is not a justification because it is your fault if we are )

In online play, Why is copying the Wheel spin 'car or CR' feature from FH3 for regular wheel spins such a challenge ?

In Online play, demonstrate clean player will gather more points than rammer ( this would give a bit of value to this mode and 'true skill' )

1 user liked this post.
#34 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 7:35:42 PM(UTC)
Oh were to begin:

When will the Developers listen to their community about adding cars from the request page?

Will it be possible to get rid of AFK players in the Trial for the Playlist rather than having to waste the time of retrying hoping to not find a set of AFK players?

Whats the status on paintable break calipers?

Whats the status on more bodykits?

Will it be possible for FH4 to be relatable to older Forza games where engine swaps are relevant to the same manufacturer? For instance, Instead of throwing a Racing V12 in all supercars, can we see maybe the same manufacturer to be used for an engine swap? For instance, for the SVT Raptor EcoBoost V6, instead of putting a Toyota 7.2L BAJA engine in, can we see the possibility of adding the Voodoo Engine in the raptor? Another example: Instead of using a F50 GT Engine for a Huracan or Gallardo can we see the possibility of using the 6.5L V12 from the Murcielago SV or the Aventador? Just to try to keep everything vehicle specific for those who like to do it occasionally.

Is there a plan set forth to add more races for players that have accomplished every race?

Instead of reusing cars for the completion of the seasons playlist, why not add 10 new cars for the overall and 4 seasons combined? Thus making the rare cars available in the Forzathon shop.

I will think of more.
 1 user liked this post.
#35 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 12:15:18 PM(UTC)
When will the audio department begin to add factory car sounds that are minimally processed, properly imaged with the proper bass, midrange, high frequencies, and dynamic range that's heavily tailored to home theater systems and not built-in TV or computer monitor speakers, and **especially** being 100% faithful to real life - as in the cars depicted in-game will actually sound like the real life version with zero aftermarket modifications to the engine or exhaust system? Whether the exhaust sound leaves a lot to be desired or not, if the sound of the car being recorded is correct for the year, make, model, and trim, then when used, it will be the correct set of samples (e.g. 2016 Mazda MX-5 (in-game) sounds like 2016 Mazda MX-5 (in real life), 2013 Dodge SRT Viper GTS (in-game) sounds like 2013 Dodge SRT Viper GTS (in real life), and 2019 Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4-door Coupé (in-game) sounds like the 2019 Mercedes-AMG GT 63 S 4-door Coupé (in real life)). So the argument "what sounds good to you doesn't sound good to others", is therefore invalid. The only car that I can name (and most people would agree with me here) which its in-game sounds matches real life is the Audi R8. The Audi R8 (in-game) sounds like the Audi R8 (in real life).

For the Forza Horizon series, when will we be seeing the introduction of track facilities which you can drive into and out of (Silverstone would have been an incredible addition to Forza Horizon 4!), race regulations, and a general focus on competitive track racing, and car culture? It seems that the Forza Horizon series has moved away from the latter so much that the series as it is is no longer about car culture, it's about whatever it is you guys define it as so as to reach a younger demographic, when the majority are grown adults.

For the Forza series in general, when will we be getting a universally realistic driving model across the board? What I found is that cars in Forza Motorsport 7 feels like they're skating on ice, especially when I brake into a turn or accelerate out of it. For Forza Horizon, I understand that there are some freedoms to the physics so that the ridiculous is possible, but it could still use a more realistic physics model so that the cars' behaviour in game better represent the cars in real life.

About engine swaps, when will the engines in question be properly identified? For example, having an engine called "6.2L V8" doesn't really help or educate people at all. If the engine has a power output of 510 bhp, 457 lb.ft, displaces 6,208cc from a 102.2mm bore and a 94.6mm stroke, has eight cylinders arranged in a V, and weights 439 pounds, then it must be correctly identified as "M156 V8", and the important information such as manufacturer, bore, stroke, cylinder count, cylinder arrangement, displacement, horsepower, torque, dry weight, rev limiter, and which car the engine comes from (in the example above, it comes from the 2012 Mercedes-Benz C 63 AMG Coupé Black Series), would be very informative to tuners where they can learn more about where the engine comes from, and those pieces of information. You'll soon have more people learning more about the engine they're going to drop into a car.

Lastly, regarding tuning, when will we see a far more in-depth system of upgrades, customisation, and tuning? Examples include air/fuel ratio modifications, ignition timing modifications, rev limiter adjustments, turbocharger controls (including boost levels, anti-lag, and when peak boost should come in), ECU upgrades, crankshaft upgrades, cylinder head upgrades, more bodykits (think Supervettes for Chevy Corvettes), exhaust tips, brake caliper painting, manufacturer wheels for a specific model, interior customisation, and circuit racing slicks and treads.

Edited by user Thursday, July 4, 2019 5:56:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Why are real-life factory car engine sounds better than in-game car engine sounds?
#36 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 11:35:50 PM(UTC)
Questions for FM7:
Upgrades like the new wide body kit and wheel spacers added in FH4 will not be added in the FM7 update?

Edited by user Thursday, June 27, 2019 11:40:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 11:38:57 PM(UTC)
Questions for FH4:
When will the new wide body kit updates announced by PG in past streaming be available?
And are all the new body kits "Forza" brand? Or does it include a wide-body kit from a real aftermarket brand like Rocket Bunny?
#38 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 12:27:44 PM(UTC)
Hi all,

Thanks for the great questions so far. We already have far more than we can answer on Monday's show but we encourage you to keep them coming for consideration in future episodes.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Ekberg
Forza Community Manager
ForzaMotorsport.net
 1 user liked this post.
#39 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 12:41:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
Instead of just Forza Monthly videos or brief Discord chat, why not have developers such as Torben and Chris Esaki respond to Q&A in forum thread or blog format?

It's certainly a possibility in the future, though I want to be respectful of each person's time. The Q&A segment on Forza Monthly is an experiment, meant to address the fact that we haven't often taken live questions on the show in the past. Judging from the response here in the thread, there seems to be interest.

We'll see how viewers like it in July and when we do it again in August.

Thanks,
Brian

Brian Ekberg
Forza Community Manager
ForzaMotorsport.net
#40 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 7:19:11 AM(UTC)
Oh, man, I wish I saw this thread earlier! :(
I just wanted to ask Chris Esaki if the improvements on the drivatars he mentioned last year are still on track for FM7, or if they have been cancelled because now the team is too busy working on their new project. I'd like to set my expectations appropriately, because, as someone who plays a lot of single player, this was the promise I was most excited about.
I know you are already full of questions, but if you can find 5 seconds on your show to just say "Yes" or "No", it would make my day, regardless of the answer.
And if not, I hope you can address it at least on the August show.
Thank you!
#41 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 4:02:33 PM(UTC)
Don't know where to post this,but here goes. I've done the weekly 4 part forzathon, sign on today and all my progress has been wiped out. Why can't "they" do an update without messing up something else. Same thing happened a couple of weeks ago. As a professional programmer shouldn't you test out what an update does before you push it out?
 2 users liked this post.
#42 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 5:53:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post

It's certainly a possibility in the future, though I want to be respectful of each person's time. The Q&A segment on Forza Monthly is an experiment, meant to address the fact that we haven't often taken live questions on the show in the past. Judging from the response here in the thread, there seems to be interest.

Thanks,
Brian

Just to clarify what I had in mind: more of a published interview than live AMA, using the same process as in this thread but with the answers in text.

Each month, open a thread to collect questions for a few weeks, close it at the beginning of the last week, select the half dozen questions (or topics touched on by multiple questions) you'd like to focus on, have the respondents type up their answers, and publish it at the end of the week. You could also use the topics covered in the thread or article as something to expand on in the next monthly livestream.

Doing it that way allows the team more time to consider questions, more time to think out an answer, and time to respond at the developer's convenience rather than trying to cover it in a live show. The advantage to the community would be answers in readable and a searchable format, for those that missed it live or have trouble finding the specific question/answer in a replay.
#43 Posted : Saturday, June 29, 2019 8:19:40 PM(UTC)
Would it be possible to add fantasy tracks from previous FM (FM1-4) titles? Such as Blue Mountain, Sunset Peninsula, and the New York track (FM1) etc.
 1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2019 8:30:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PedanticSquirel Go to Quoted Post
Would it be possible to add fantasy tracks from previous FM (FM1-4) titles? Such as ALPINE RING! and Blue Mountain, Sunset Peninsula, and the New York track (FM1) etc.

FTFY
#45 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 12:27:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mechberg Go to Quoted Post

Thanks,
Brian

Just to clarify what I had in mind: more of a published interview than live AMA, using the same process as in this thread but with the answers in text.

Each month, open a thread to collect questions for a few weeks, close it at the beginning of the last week, select the half dozen questions (or topics touched on by multiple questions) you'd like to focus on, have the respondents type up their answers, and publish it at the end of the week. You could also use the topics covered in the thread or article as something to expand on in the next monthly livestream.

Doing it that way allows the team more time to consider questions, more time to think out an answer, and time to respond at the developer's convenience rather than trying to cover it in a live show. The advantage to the community would be answers in readable and a searchable format, for those that missed it live or have trouble finding the specific question/answer in a replay.

Looks like having a red line helps a lot for having a feedback in Q&A ....

2 Pages12Prev

Notification

Icon
Error