71 Pages<<697071Prev
#1751 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 12:43:45 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Trolling removed - D]

Edited by user Tuesday, July 23, 2019 10:36:11 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza Faithful since FM4.
 1 user liked this post.
#1752 Posted : Monday, July 22, 2019 1:47:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrEff1618 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know how you unlock the final exhibition race? I'm stuck with it saying 32/33 complete but I only have 32 exhibitions in total on the map. Is this a bug?

Have you completed all of the brick challenges? The final challenge is race and then that route will be the 33rd exhibition.
#1753 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 7:15:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Awwww Muffin Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: MrEff1618 Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know how you unlock the final exhibition race? I'm stuck with it saying 32/33 complete but I only have 32 exhibitions in total on the map. Is this a bug?

Have you completed all of the brick challenges? The final challenge is race and then that route will be the 33rd exhibition.

That's probably it then. I'm on the flying saucer and assumed that was the last one.
#1754 Posted : Monday, July 29, 2019 9:43:54 AM(UTC)
Confirmed on the Series 12 livestream the Barn Find is the Porsche, also now available to buy as a LEGO kit.
Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
#1755 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 9:05:50 AM(UTC)
After visiting lego city, why the game start there even if I end the game when I'm in Britain?
#1756 Posted : Thursday, August 15, 2019 11:32:57 AM(UTC)
You need to reset your "Home" location. Travel to Britain, go to your home of choice and enter it. Then choose to make this your new "home".
#1757 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 3:16:05 AM(UTC)
It's few months already and I was thinking about Lego again. What do you think about it now? For me it was probably big mistake which doesn't destroy the franchise but some damage was done for sure. It's not completely bad idea but mixing real stuff with toys? It's not good for me. Maybe locked island with toy cars would be fine. Seeing toy cars in MP actions on the main island is not good at all... for me :)
 1 user liked this post.
#1758 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 3:43:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
It's few months already and I was thinking about Lego again. What do you think about it now? For me it was probably big mistake which doesn't destroy the franchise but some damage was done for sure. It's not completely bad idea but mixing real stuff with toys? It's not good for me. Maybe locked island with toy cars would be fine. Seeing toy cars in MP actions on the main island is not good at all... for me :)

It depends. I saw a lot of outrage and I could understand it. To be honest, I expected something 'out there', since the same happened with Forza Horizon 3.
First Expansion: extreme weather conditions with a lot of vertical areas (Blizzard Mountain in FH3, Fortune Island in FH4)
Second Expansion: insane area with toys (Hot Wheels in FH3, Lego in FH4)

Personally, I enjoyed the expansions quite a lot with them ending up being my fav. parts of FH 3 and 4. I actually started laughing when I watched the E3 livestream and saw the Lego cars. But I can imagine that it can be bothersome for some seeing some Hot Wheels and Lego cars in a race with real cars. But hey, the game has millions of players and you can't please everyone. Maybe if they released those insane expansions as standalone packs?

Edited by user Tuesday, August 27, 2019 3:44:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: a few typos

1 user liked this post.
#1759 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 3:56:36 AM(UTC)
Yeah, I think it's completely fine to have some playground with Lego toys. But it should be sealed :D And with Lego you could have much more crazy stuff. Currently it looks like not so good ad. I liked many things in the valley but the problem is I love Horizon as a game so everything new is probably good enough for me.
#1760 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 9:05:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post

I'm Deluxe Edition owner and got it despite wanting or not. I went quite far into it (80 to 90% completion) to really see what it is about. I haven't visited Lego expansion since and I don't have any intention to do so. It's based on performing repetitive tasks in environment that doesn't appeal to me. Destroy 10 this, 20 that etc. got old pretty fast leaving it as unwanted product placement in my game. If they want me to watch their poor adverts, either give product for free or pay me, not the other way around.

To make some comparison, I really liked the Blizzard Mountain expansion in FH3 and somehow that made Hot Wheels expansion not that bad. It didn't had that much going on but it was quite surreal experience with it's colour palette and selecting... I don't recall for sure, perhaps Pulse station made it work. Functionally wise there was ability to customise tracks when there's nothing like that in LEGO expansion.

Overall my good experience with FH3 base game and Blizzard Mountain expansion made me buy FH4 Deluxe. In retrospect, I don't feel it was a good decision. Situation would be better if Fortune Island expansion weren't been so underwhelming. It has nothing on Blizzard Mountain. I was expecting something better from the second expansion, but got something even worse.

Impact of Horizon series brand image remains to be seen, but what I read from some business site about a month ago, Microsoft is otherwise doing fine, but game division has been disappointment. For major brands in their catalogue, there's Halo, Gears of War series and Forza games. All three are very important because they sell Xbox console and services. My guess is, LEGO expansion didn't helped the situation. What happened in the background was that LEGO approached Microsoft / Playground Games. If only MS were secured deal where LEGO covers the costs to the point where LEGO expansion could had been inserted either as additional content (outside of expansion pass) for additional price sometime before December 2019 would had make sense, or that it were entirely free additional content, situation would be IMO much better regarding Xbox and Forza product image, but MS was either not willing or unable to reach that kind of agreement. Doesn't really matter, only that it happened, and there was also the whole Fallout 76 / Xbox bundle fiasco before this.

Horizon series has outsold Motorsports series for many years now. There has been quite few risky experiments in FH4 which has happened after Playground Studios got bought by MS. I think LEGO expansion among other things may create favourable situation for Need for Speed franchise (Electronic Arts?) and several others in console and PC space.
#1761 Posted : Tuesday, August 27, 2019 11:20:46 AM(UTC)
Evaluation of the current LEGO expansion: 4/10 stars

They made a new attempt, but personally I felt this wasn't very good.
One of the reasons is that I am not a fan of LEGO cars. But more than that, this expansion was felt as a lack of creative ideas.
I think Hot Wheels expansion was a good expansion with HW's brand image and their fun gimmicks.
The LEGO expansion lacked it. This expansion only has a LEGO map and a LEGO car. that's it.
LEGO is a very creative toy. This expansion would have been more fun if they had proposed creative and fun ideas that are more of the LEGO brand in this expansion.

[Like]

- Interesting locations such as deserts and tracks: It was fun to have a unique map that was like a reduced copy of the FH3 map. I especially like the new locations such as deserts and circuits because I can take photos that I can't shoot on the main map and Fortune Island.

- Unique Collectible: Alien plants that appear only in the rain and alien power cells that appear only at night were interesting ideas. I hope these ideas will be used in the future Forza.

[Dislike]

- Too many challenges: It may be fun for those who can't enjoy the game without having a goal. However, I was tired because there were too many challenges.

- All cars are locked and can only be obtained once: Yes, this expansion is charged. Why didn't they add unlocked LEGO cars to the auto show? They have the authority to make certain cars impossible to list for auction. If they don't want to give a car to a player who hasn't achieved the challenge, they can apply that option to LEGO cars.

- Only 4 LEGO cars: At least for now. They said on discord that "4 LEGO cars are available when LEGO expansion launches", so it may be added in a future update. However, there are only 4 cars at the moment, and the category is biased. LEGO Speed Champions have trucks like the F-150, muscle cars like the Mustang, and vintage race cars like the 250GTO. It's a shame that they don't take advantage of these diverse lineups.

- LEGO cars poor customization options: These are probably due to contracts to protect the LEGO brand equity. However, they cannot choose a unique LEGO-like body kit like a pig that they showed in the trailer, and many areas of the body are special bricks that cannot be covered with vinyl. And because there are few upgrade parts, these LEGO cars can only be used in one or two classes.
#1762 Posted : Sunday, January 12, 2020 12:29:04 AM(UTC)
i am racing the championship 3 race super gt s1 900....

i am uzing a ff porsche s1 900

i completed all 3 races and i have gold with leafs on 2 of the races but not the first one....

now the main red white symbol to start the championship doez not have gold and leaf around it

why....

#1763 Posted : Monday, January 13, 2020 5:51:33 PM(UTC)
nevermind i got it i had to race a normal event....y button i think to add to it to get the gold
#1764 Posted : Thursday, April 2, 2020 4:42:14 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - please translate your text before posting; all posts must be in English - MM]

Edited by user Friday, April 3, 2020 7:57:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1765 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 1:07:45 PM(UTC)
Let's bump this thread :)

Any new feelings/thoughts?
 1 user liked this post.
#1766 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 1:48:58 PM(UTC)
Going to hold my hands up and say I actually very much enjoyed it for what it was, thought the roads were good to drive and I very much enjoyed working through all the brick challenges.

I still don't think it belongs in the same universe as the main game though, it would be better having a full spin-off game/series if they decide to go any further with LEGO.

Perhaps that would also be the perfect way to cater fully to a younger audience instead of said intention growing even more in the next main FH entry.
#1767 Posted : Tuesday, November 24, 2020 2:07:34 PM(UTC)
I think they did a good job with the cars. They are reasonably fun to drive but not in any way overpowered, so you never see them in ranked (bar the occasional Lego F50 in S2 rain). The courses as a whole are ok and both the long course and various of the circuit tracks are very good. A fun enough diversion and I have no complaints. Much prefer Fortune Island though!
#1768 Posted : Wednesday, November 25, 2020 12:19:13 AM(UTC)
I'm not that "disgusted" as in the beginning, but I still don't like it and wouldn't buy it myself. Like TheGillesMuller said -> it would be better as spin off.

What I liked:
The map (except "square city"), or maybe I should say more road layout.
challanges - that thing where you need to do few PR stunts in specified time.
extra idea: IMO airport + that location south from airport + race track would be great places for some autocross/gymkhana events. Missed opportunity?
EDIT: and that opening scene where LEGO Senna hits the wall. Always cracks me up when I think about it :)

What I disliked:
The map - build of bricks.
Boost jumps.
Linearity - i was expecting some freedom in building house, not to mention cars.
aliens

At this point my biggest issue with LEGO (and Fortune Island) is that they are separate maps. I would like them much more if they would be connected with main map. I mean not physically or style, but like it would be one thing, one location - no loading screen. So some of the Trials and online races would be using tracks from them. But I guess that is impossible to do cause they are DLCs. DLC sucks.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 25, 2020 12:35:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1769 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2021 10:57:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: scooby8888 Go to Quoted Post
Hey, I bought Lego speed champions 2 days ago and I can't even play it.
When I go to the Lego speed champions tab in the pause menu it says i bought it but the options to go there etc are greyed out.
I would really appreciate someone's help with this, thanks.

Hey, I know I'm reallllly late but if you still can't play it make sure you have it downloaded. If it's not downloaded and it's bought you need to go to the store and find it and click download.
#1770 Posted : Thursday, January 28, 2021 10:45:26 PM(UTC)
Re Lego Speed Champions. First time around you can't get there by using the tab. Instead you have to find the icon for it on the map. Go there and then select Travel to Lego Valley. The same also applies to Fortune Island. Once you've been to either once you can then get to them via the tabs.
71 Pages<<697071Prev

Notification

Icon
Error