71 Pages<<68697071PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#1726 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 8:41:28 AM(UTC)
If you guys seriously think they're trying to cater to adults with this expansion, and the whole Horizon franchise in general, then you are hopelessly lost.
 9 users liked this post.
#1727 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 10:02:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RZM Cervy Go to Quoted Post
If you guys seriously think they're trying to cater to adults with this expansion, and the whole Horizon franchise in general, then you are hopelessly lost.

I think that's the root cause of much of the frustration with FH4, the continual dumbing down of the franchise with all the abusive mobile/GaaS game mechanics designed to hook kids and now the LEGO expansion.

Motorsport was always aimed at car enthusiasts, and FH1 was rated T and was much better for it without trying to bend over backwards like FH4 has to keep its E rating.

I understand they want to appeal to a larger audience and attract more younger players, but the way they're going about it is alienating a lot of the older veterans who have loved the franchise for over a decade.
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
 2 users liked this post.
#1728 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 10:21:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V6PBS UK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Archie Tulip Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FC Elvin Go to Quoted Post
I have been playing the LEGO Expansion a lot lately and I cant get my 2 LEGO cars LEGO Mini and LEGO F40 I only have the LEGO Senna

How did you manage to get the achievement to drive the F40 at 200mph for 10 seconds?

On the "oval"..

Managed to get it all done including the drifting thanks to the useful advice that's buried amongst the nonsense in this thread.,.,.

For the 2 consecutive drift zones in a Modern muscle I used the 2018 Mustang RTR Spec5 with Drift Monster Tune by SUBSmb ran them "uphill" with the shorter drift zone first...

Yeah I did it on the oval too, just wondered how someone could get the achievement when they don't have the F40.

#1729 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 10:32:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V6PBS UK Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FC Elvin Go to Quoted Post
I have been playing the LEGO Expansion a lot lately and I cant get my 2 LEGO cars LEGO Mini and LEGO F40 I only have the LEGO Senna

How did you manage to get the achievement to drive the F40 at 200mph for 10 seconds?

On the "oval"..

Managed to get it all done including the drifting thanks to the useful advice that's buried amongst the nonsense in this thread.,.,.

For the 2 consecutive drift zones in a Modern muscle I used the 2018 Mustang RTR Spec5 with Drift Monster Tune by SUBSmb ran them "uphill" with the shorter drift zone first...

Yeah I did it on the oval too, just wondered how someone could get the achievement when they don't have the F40.

Get enough bricks to unlock the F40.

Or, if you didn't get it when you should have because your garage was full, that should have been patched last week, so open a ticket with support.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#1730 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 11:20:52 AM(UTC)
I don't think you understand Archie. He was talking about a player with no f40 or mini, but has the Senna. Obviously to get the Senna, you got the f40, and he's had to have had the f40 to complete the achievement that's on his gamer tag.
 2 users liked this post.
#1731 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 2:34:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
I don't think you understand Archie. He was talking about a player with no f40 or mini, but has the Senna. Obviously to get the Senna, you got the f40, and he's had to have had the f40 to complete the achievement that's on his gamer tag.

Correct, I was replying to
Quote:
I cant get my 2 LEGO cars LEGO Mini and LEGO F40 I only have the LEGO Senna

You can't get the Senna without getting the Mini and F40 first, also you can't get the achievement if you don't have the F40!

#1732 Posted : Wednesday, June 26, 2019 6:27:40 PM(UTC)
Ok, I must have missed something earlier, but now I see it.
 1 user liked this post.
#1733 Posted : Thursday, June 27, 2019 11:46:53 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Personal attacks & abusive language removed - D]

Edited by user Thursday, June 27, 2019 12:33:06 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 users liked this post.
#1734 Posted : Friday, June 28, 2019 9:59:13 PM(UTC)

If I was trying to sell a car game to kids, I'd put a driving school in there. As every Thursday shows, many supposed adults could use one too.

Then the guy with a master in business administration comes and boldly proclaims the wisdom of a lifetime: "Kids hate going to school." After such irrefutable demonstration of the radical incompatibility of learning and fun, we consign ourselves to raising entire generations of rammers, griefers, people who seek to lose at any cost, and the racing equivalent of what shooter games call teamkillers.

Why go to the trouble of pursing learning and fun, when you can choose to have neither?

Or, in LEGO terminology if you would, why build, when you can smash?
 7 users liked this post.
#1735 Posted : Sunday, June 30, 2019 9:52:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post

If I was trying to sell a car game to kids, I'd put a driving school in there. As every Thursday shows, many supposed adults could use one too.

Then the guy with a master in business administration comes and boldly proclaims the wisdom of a lifetime: "Kids hate going to school." After such irrefutable demonstration of the radical incompatibility of learning and fun, we consign ourselves to raising entire generations of rammers, griefers, people who seek to lose at any cost, and the racing equivalent of what shooter games call teamkillers.

Why go to the trouble of pursing learning and fun, when you can choose to have neither?

Or, in LEGO terminology if you would, why build, when you can smash?

Well said. Forza is shooting itself in the foot with its combination of dumbing down the franchise to attract more kids/casual players, but then not doing anything to actually teach them how to drive or get them invested in the game beyond the abusive psychological hooks of the exclusive vehicles, wheelspins and weekly time gates.

This brings in lots of new players who will leave the game just as quickly when the shine wears off and they get frustrated since the game doesn't teach them how to race better, and also alienates the veteran players who have to deal with the influx of toxicity and the loss of features as the game gets dumbed down.

Some extremely short-sighted planning is going on at MS right now, hopefully they can get whoever is responsible for this out and start making actually good games again.

Edited by user Sunday, June 30, 2019 9:53:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
 7 users liked this post.
#1736 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 6:05:46 AM(UTC)
One thing I noticed, and although might be just a coincidence I doubt it actually is one:

Shortly after E3 and the LEGO expansion for FH4, I started seeing a lot of ads on Twitch and YouTube about the new LEGO Overwatch sets. It seems LEGO have planned a new campaign in the gaming space, and they timed their products so they give visibility to each other in the same time period to a similar audience.

Which is even sadder to contemplate. Not only is LEGO a complete mismatch for the Forza franchise, but it was done SOLELY for monetary purposes.

I've played Forza Horizon for a whole lot. Up until LEGO, I clocked around 400 hours in the game. Not a lot compared to some other fans, but definitely an amount that is more than you'd spend in a regular game. LEGO has completely removed my desire to play the game, I tried going in and doing some races, I quit after 10-20 minutes. There's no heart there anymore.

The target audience for this game has changed, which is very sad. They saw how much money you could make off of impressionable teens from Fortnite and the likes, and they wanted in on that.

Edited by user Monday, July 1, 2019 6:07:49 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#1737 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 6:38:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: leetleonidas Go to Quoted Post
One thing I noticed, and although might be just a coincidence I doubt it actually is one:

Shortly after E3 and the LEGO expansion for FH4, I started seeing a lot of ads on Twitch and YouTube about the new LEGO Overwatch sets. It seems LEGO have planned a new campaign in the gaming space, and they timed their products so they give visibility to each other in the same time period to a similar audience.

Which is even sadder to contemplate. Not only is LEGO a complete mismatch for the Forza franchise, but it was done SOLELY for monetary purposes.

I've played Forza Horizon for a whole lot. Up until LEGO, I clocked around 400 hours in the game. Not a lot compared to some other fans, but definitely an amount that is more than you'd spend in a regular game. LEGO has completely removed my desire to play the game, I tried going in and doing some races, I quit after 10-20 minutes. There's no heart there anymore.

The target audience for this game has changed, which is very sad. They saw how much money you could make off of impressionable teens from Fortnite and the likes, and they wanted in on that.

It's good for Lego, it's bad for Forza.
 1 user liked this post.
#1738 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 1:27:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

Not sales wise
They moved back in to the top 3 sales of games once the Lego dlc was released
So bad for the hardcore forza players...not for Playgrounds wallets
 3 users liked this post.
#1739 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 1:53:45 AM(UTC)
Let me disable the immersion breaking, utterly stupid LEGO cars from main map....

I didn't pay Gold Edition, so you would ruin my game. I have ZERO interest to even TEST the annoying Lego expansion, but you forcing it on me IN THE MAIN MAP now beats it all....

I'm looking for ways to uninstall the Expansion pack 2 from Store, to not see them anymore.. is it even possible? Last time I buy anything in advance from Turn 10. Did you think your average audience is aged 5? Who thought the LEGO expansion would go down well....

Edited by user Tuesday, July 2, 2019 1:55:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1740 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 11:17:34 AM(UTC)
Does anyone know how to unlock the last exhibition and what it is? I've completed all the races but it's still showing up as only having completed 32/33 exhibitions.
#1741 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 11:55:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

Not sales wise

It seems PG is playing the long game. They're going for new gamers. The core Forza folks will still probably get FH5 but not the ultimate edition and those like me who are core and will still purchase Ultimate. Horizon will gain more players just because of LEGO, whether us core folks love it or not. It'll pull in interest for folks who havent tried any Forza titles. Hot Wheels is still #1 to me and LEGO is probably number 2 for new, fresh content. Blizzard Mountain wasnt exciting and neither was Fortune Island.
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 1 user liked this post.
#1742 Posted : Tuesday, July 2, 2019 2:43:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

Not sales wise

Should have released a free DLC from LEGO, it made perfect sense, I'm disappointed with the Forza team
 2 users liked this post.
#1743 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 1:14:58 AM(UTC)
My 6 year old craves it. Is there something that alludes I, but not him, I'm wondering? It's started to grow on me, naturally, but still wouldn't come back to lego without him. I think it helps the fun factor of driving on a wheel, he even prefers cockpit/dash cam. Though, a bit small for my rig, so I have him using the paddle shifters for gas and brake. It was either that or tie a box to his foot so he can reach the pedal, which I might try. We played the hotwheels expansion quite a bit. But even smaller at the age of 4, the wheel wasn't very accessible, so he kept to gamepad mostly. But with lego, this obsession-like behavior is a whole nother level.

We were ushered during a horizon live event to a danger sign. The one that launches you into the stunt arena towards the pillared statues. We stayed around after the event was over(couldn't finish all 3 from lack of participants) to see if we could reach one of the four massive figurines via said danger sign. The lego F40 was being pushed to its limit. Running full send up the hill to the jump face, we launched off. After getting our bearings midair, our trajectory appeared flawless! Gracefully flying toward the back left statue, the time came and.. The car astonishingly landed upright. Did we bounce off the giant structure? No, the cherry red Italian rectangle went straight through the center! The lego smashed to pieces, then?! In the end, the car penetrated the colossus, though neither affected.*spoiler*They don't break*spoiler* Both of us were in disbelief, turning to look at each other's mind-boggled face. A missed opportunity.

update: Well, that interest lasted about 4 days.

Edited by user Tuesday, July 9, 2019 10:06:26 PM(UTC)  | Reason: update

#1744 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 1:27:56 AM(UTC)
It's obvious that this expension was rushed to be announced during E3.

And it figures, I wont talk about the lack of lego cars, tracks and ideas are there, the lore is there, there is an audience for that I get it.

But, when I do a jump, around a stunt park, my car goes through the lego bricks getting right into the grey realm of game limits.
Using the same routes of a circuit but now on reverse, equals 2 road events ?
The horizon story with those uninspired challenges compared to the base one.
Brickchester area CPU optimisation, on DAY time I have 50 to 57 fps because of some CPU overload leak or some sorts, whereas St Princes Street on night time with every light effects, on statues lights, traffic lights, buildings I get a smooth constant 60 fps.

It's pretty hard to polish things when time is rushed, but please dont include unpolished things on that case.

Im pretty upset because PC users dont have the opportunity to buy one expension at once, we had to get the whole package in order to get the 1st one with no idea how the 2nd one will be.
I really dont like your business model (VIP, treasure maps), its clearly one of the worst I've ever witnessed for one of the funniest and most enjoyable games I have ever played, well thats what we call balance right ?
 1 user liked this post.
#1745 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 2:24:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ggrocams Go to Quoted Post
It's obvious that this expension was rushed to be announced during E3.

And it figures, I wont talk about the lack of lego cars, tracks and ideas are there, the lore is there, there is an audience for that I get it.

But, when I do a jump, around a stunt park, my car goes through the lego bricks getting right into the grey realm of game limits.
Using the same routes of a circuit but now on reverse, equals 2 road events ?
The horizon story with those uninspired challenges compared to the base one.
Brickchester area CPU optimisation, on DAY time I have 50 to 57 fps because of some CPU overload leak or some sorts, whereas St Princes Street on night time with every light effects, on statues lights, traffic lights, buildings I get a smooth constant 60 fps.

It's pretty hard to polish things when time is rushed, but please dont include unpolished things on that case.

Im pretty upset because PC users dont have the opportunity to buy one expension at once, we had to get the whole package in order to get the 1st one with no idea how the 2nd one will be.
I really dont like your business model (VIP, treasure maps), its clearly one of the worst I've ever witnessed for one of the funniest and most enjoyable games I have ever played, well thats what we call balance right ?

this bit is total garbage, you could have bought each individually since it's no different than buying on xbox
VIP and the treasure maps have been this way since fh1 and you are not forced to buy them either

but the rest is your opinion and your entitled to that

edit...xbox store and Microsoft store are basically the same things now
and I found the fortune island expansion on my PC without issue

Edited by user Saturday, July 13, 2019 2:21:18 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1746 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 10:25:55 AM(UTC)
Do you have a PC ? I didnt found any mention of EXP 1 single buy during it's release date (only the 2 DLCs package) whereas I saw it on proper xbox store, well xbox store is not windows store, I have to admit it's rather confusing and the store browsing is not the best model ever done !

"it's no different than buying on xbox" I wish I had FH2 in that case :(

... really wish

Edited by user Saturday, July 13, 2019 10:27:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1747 Posted : Saturday, July 13, 2019 12:37:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PickLokc Go to Quoted Post
My 6 year old craves it. Is there something that alludes I, but not him, I'm wondering? [...] We played the hotwheels expansion quite a bit. But even smaller at the age of 4, the wheel wasn't very accessible, so he kept to gamepad mostly. But with lego, this obsession-like behavior is a whole nother level.

[...]

update: Well, that interest lasted about 4 days.

Sounds about right.

Edited by user Saturday, July 13, 2019 12:44:10 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1748 Posted : Thursday, July 18, 2019 8:48:39 AM(UTC)
Does anyone know how you unlock the final exhibition race? I'm stuck with it saying 32/33 complete but I only have 32 exhibitions in total on the map. Is this a bug?
#1749 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 10:59:07 AM(UTC)
I started playing the Lego expansion about 2 weeks ago and really didn't know how it worked so I just did races, PR stunts and finding roads, smashing blocks, etc. and never started my house. When I finally did it advanced very rapidly I ignored the F 40 and the Senna notifications figuring they would just show up in my garage kept playing the game until almost complete and realized I needed these cars to finish the challenges so I went to my garage I had the mini but no F 40 or Senna. I started doing the normal things to find the cars including uninstalling the game and reloading it, clearing local history, deleting myself from Xbox and setting up my profile again , complete game shutdown, looking in DLC and everything else I could think of still no F 40 or Senna. I guess I Just messed up. I finally bought a F 40 from the auction house but can't find a Senna anywhere. This is just to let players you need to pay attention to these notices. Unless someone knows how to help find my cars. Sorry to get long winded I just this other players to know to pay attention to notices. Thanks
#1750 Posted : Saturday, July 20, 2019 1:39:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SpeciousPear411 Go to Quoted Post
I started playing the Lego expansion about 2 weeks ago and really didn't know how it worked so I just did races, PR stunts and finding roads, smashing blocks, etc. and never started my house. When I finally did it advanced very rapidly I ignored the F 40 and the Senna notifications figuring they would just show up in my garage kept playing the game until almost complete and realized I needed these cars to finish the challenges so I went to my garage I had the mini but no F 40 or Senna. I started doing the normal things to find the cars including uninstalling the game and reloading it, clearing local history, deleting myself from Xbox and setting up my profile again , complete game shutdown, looking in DLC and everything else I could think of still no F 40 or Senna. I guess I Just messed up. I finally bought a F 40 from the auction house but can't find a Senna anywhere. This is just to let players you need to pay attention to these notices. Unless someone knows how to help find my cars. Sorry to get long winded I just this other players to know to pay attention to notices. Thanks

You need to go back to the lego house and build them
It should be an option when you pull up at the entrance
71 Pages<<68697071PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error