71 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext
 4 users liked this post.
#101 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:02:41 PM(UTC)
After seeing the trailer/announcement, my initial reaction is disappointment—if there were a standalone LEGO Speed Champions game, I’d have zero interest in it, and the thought of ever purchasing or playing it would never cross my mind. Block versions (very) loosely resembling their real world counterparts does nothing for me.

Going to go into playing it with an open mind, and hopefully I find some enjoyment from it somehow.
 10 users liked this post.
#102 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:03:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blackout Guy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: capimeeen Go to Quoted Post
Jeez lads, I've seen some salty tuppences in my time but seriously...

Am I actually the only person who is actively looking forward to this expansion? Either that or I am the only person getting really tired of the same dull weekly challenges for the same cars again and again, combined with the mind-numbing drift grind.

You all asked for somthing new and exiting, and then when somthing as awesome as LEGO comes along you all turn your noses up. It's somthing different my dudes, just admire it for what it is and take it at face value until Thursday when you actually get to play it for yourselfes. 😌

You've missed the point, sooooo bad.

It's unrealistic, it has nothing to do in a game that's focused on a real life thing like it is.

I thought the Hot Wheels DLC in FH3 and this Quartz Regalia thing was pushing it, but this is on a whole other level.

We do want something new and exiting, because they've been milking the whole Gymkhana and Hoonigan stuff since forever, and now we want something new.

But not LEGO.

I feel there is so many other things they could've tried before taking this big leap.

Lego is unrealistic, but driving at 200MPH in a 500HP 3 wheeled van over a mountain range, mud and moorland is totally real man.

Got 'cha. It's different strokes for different folks bud, nobody said you have to like it but no doubt some people will.

Certainly more realistic than a LEGO car. It doesn't fit in with the rest, thats the point.

With how many people there are in the world, and how many people play these games it is probably very hard to create something that ZERO people like, but it's pretty obvious from the response to this DLC that this was a mistake.

There are so many things they still need to fix, add and whatnot, but they instead focus on adding something that by the looks of it not many people asked for or wanted.

Mate, remember when they put that 263MPH, nuclear powered Chryslus Rocket 69 into FM6?

A racing sim. Yet they put a mythical vehicle from the Fallout universe in there that could slay any other car in the game on Indianapolis Motor Speedway with ease. Or the Boneshaker or Twin-Mill in the base game of FH4?

There are some things I don't care for in Forza games, but I let them slide. You have an incredible game with almost endless real life cars to utilize and a vast, open world to engage with.

Chalk it up to experience, you win some and you lose some. Personally I feel like I have won as this is right up my street. Maybe the next expansion will be another dull, soulless driftathon recycling job that you will all love and I would hate. But it is what it is but I wouldn't be mad about it.

Such a drastic change could bring some good things to the game.

I don't think the Chryslus Rocket, Quartz Regalia, Boneshaker or any other Hot Wheels cars belong in the game either.

I've let all the bugs, crashes, failures (perk wipeout being the latest) and whatnot pass, oh and the endless milking of Gymkhana/Hoonigan/Ken Block stuff too (but atleast those are real).

"Almost endless real life cars" is so far from the truth as you can come, but I see your point, and it would be impossible to include everything.

My issue with this is that I think these two things dont belong TOGETHER.

We don't want to be out driving/cruising or whatever and then have kids flying around us in LEGO cars.

As others have said, it would've been much better as a separated mini-game like the Fast and The Furious thing they did for one of the previous titles.

"Maybe the next expansion will be another dull, soulless driftathon recycling job that you will all love" Kinda narrowminded thinking but, OK.

I'm not entirely sure if this will bring good things to the game.

Judging by this DLC and how the PG crew appear otherwise I have a feeling that the Horizon games is going to get worse for us who enjoyed the current ones as they are (without LEGO and whatnot).
 20 users liked this post.
#103 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:04:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Manubyte Go to Quoted Post
I'm 30 years old, can you explain to me what I do playing with lego cars at my age? Do you really think that this will get you to buy the next ultimate edition?
City of London = YES
Real Circuit Championship = YES
Other Island = Acceptable
LEGO = NO

This guy gets it, I'm just gonna throw wood on the fire and let the devs know how much I hate this. Horizon is supposed to be a haven for petrolheads.

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:11:43 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

8 users liked this post.
#104 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:06:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ProfusePage8121 Go to Quoted Post

Easy there silver! Your poor keyboard, I bet that shift key is totally shreaded.

It's a welcome change of pace. In my eyes, if you don't like it then simply don't install it and wait until the next expansion. No need to have a cow man.

The problem for me is I prepaid for the 2 expansions (which I can assure Forza I will never do again) expecting car and racing related DLC not legos. I will buy a lego game if I so chose when I pay for forza I do not want legos. I really question the thought process here hhmmm second expansion ideas anyone? Whoever gave this the greenlight is not in touch with the forza community I know. This is just my opinion nothing more. Forza definitely lost a future customer though I know they will not miss my money but it is all I can do. Happy gaming if this is for you.

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:33:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 users liked this post.
#105 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:06:46 PM(UTC)

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:10:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#106 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:08:03 PM(UTC)
Gonna hop in my Lego car and race online just so I can crash into you sad old grognards with it
 16 users liked this post.
#107 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:09:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: UPRPRC Erina Go to Quoted Post
It's pretty Ironic that some people are sayings "It's not realistic."
Yeah. then why some people are own and driving Multiple 1 Million+ Hypercars in game? This is also not realistic.
I assuming people who complaining about this DLC, which is ONLY like 20$, No wonder you don't own Hypercars in IRL. hahaha!

I'm sorry, this is possibly the worst arguments I've ever read.

These are not compareable in any way what so ever. And are you SURE it's not realistic. Might be very rare, but unrealistic?

The last sentence is pretty incomplete so I'm not entirely sure what you're even trying to say, but alot of people have bought the Ultimate Edition of the game, which INCLUDES the first expansion and this expansion.

And they are not happy with what they have paid for, which is a valid reason for complaining.

Your arguments are immature and show how little you've actually understood of this.

Pretty pointless and unnecessary post.
 13 users liked this post.
#108 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:10:01 PM(UTC)

1 user liked this post.
#109 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:10:51 PM(UTC)
*removed*

Edited by user Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:43:28 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Learning on English. If you don't welcome person like myself, just leave me alone. Thanks.
 4 users liked this post.
#110 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:13:45 PM(UTC)
I'm 60 years old in a couple of weeks….. I wasn't expecting to be playing with Lego for at least another 20 years … gimmee more cars Brmmm Brmmm Brmmm
 2 users liked this post.
#111 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:14:35 PM(UTC)
Yeah. then why some people are own and driving Multiple 1 Million+ Hypercars in game? This is also not realistic.
I assuming people who complaining about this DLC, which is ONLY like 20$, No wonder you don't own Hypercars in IRL. hahaha!

These are not compareable in any way what so ever. And are you SURE it's not realistic. Might be very rare, but unrealistic?

The last sentence is pretty incomplete so I'm not entirely sure what you're even trying to say, but alot of people have bought the Ultimate Edition of the game, which INCLUDES the first expansion and this expansion.

And they are not happy with what they have paid for, which is a valid reason for complaining.

Your arguments are immature and show how little you've actually understood of this.

Pretty pointless and unnecessary post either.

Why are you complain about just 20$ contents? because you can't have 20$ easily? It's also different form of IMMATURE, man!

and if they had bought the Ultimate edition they haven't paid any extra for it either
 13 users liked this post.
#112 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:16:01 PM(UTC)

I would rather fantasize about driving a 1 million+ hypercar than playing with a 45€ plastic toy I could go and buy tomorrow from my local supermarket.

I'm assuming you are being dense on purpose because that last sentence is very low quality bait.
Inertia creeps
 7 users liked this post.
#113 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:16:13 PM(UTC)

Pretty pointless and unnecessary post either.

Why are you complain about just 20$ contents? because you can't have 20$ easily? It's also different form of IMMATURE, man!

Your choice of argumentation is immature.

Yes I "can have 20$ easily", whatever that means. Still doesn't make this DLC any less silly.
 20 users liked this post.
#114 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:17:11 PM(UTC)
As a PC gamer I was really excited when the Forza series made their debut on PC as there were no titles on the platform that delivered the same kind of content, quality and experience. After checking the demos I bough the Ultimate editions of FH3, FH4 and the FM7. I had a real blast with FH3 (although I hated the Hot Wheels expansion) and FM7, and had high hopes for FH4 too. In the beginning I was amazed by the quality of FH4, but as the time went by playing it became a real chore, and I never had the same kind of fun or sense of progression as with the other two titles.

By watching the state of the game streams for updates, and reading the forum topics here I had to realize that PG does not care about their community at all, and has no idea what to do with the FH franchise. In my opinion introducing this expansion is an insult against all the players who stood by the series so far (to be honest the first expansion was atrocious too content wise minus the really cool atmosphere of the new map), and shared their feedback and suggestions on this forum. I thought the Forza series were all about beautiful cars and amazing environments and fun gameplay - well FH4 is not fun anymore for quite some time. I do not know if the more serious bugs got squished in the meantime or not, as I have uninstalled the game a couple of months ago due to the horrible online modes and the daily/weekly/monthly seasonal nonsense, but always hoped that the 2nd expansion will be something really cool, and something that is geared towards the players who loved Forza for all the features this franchise was founded upon. Well I was mistaken, and most probably this was my last FH title, as seemingly I am not the target audience anymore. If PG would like to cater to a younger audience who would appreciate all the childish stuff that got introduced with FH4 it is fine - please start a new Forza offshoot branch and hand over the Horizon series to a developer who actually cares.
 12 users liked this post.
#115 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:17:15 PM(UTC)
Why in the hell would you do a lego expansion on fh4? Are all of the devs drugged out kids or something? [Mod Edit]

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:35:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#116 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:18:19 PM(UTC)
 8 users liked this post.
#117 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:20:40 PM(UTC)
It's weird. It's ridiculous. It makes little to no sense. I'm very much looking forward to it.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 4 users liked this post.
#118 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:26:17 PM(UTC)

Edit: but it actually looks quite fun. LOL.

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:37:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

15 users liked this post.
#119 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:28:40 PM(UTC)
Good, if there are people, who like the idea, but it's not for me. LEGO is great, but not in Forza.
Note to myself: never, I mean NEVER, buy another FH expansion pack/ultimate edition without knowing, what you get.
 16 users liked this post.
#120 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:29:15 PM(UTC)
Welp this expansion makes it official. Forza Horizon is for children. Can't say I'm surprised though. Worst entry in the franchise. At least I didn't pre-order the Ultimate Edition of the game. Oh wait...I did...like a moron. Shame on me.
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
#121 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:30:01 PM(UTC)
*removed*

Edited by user Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:43:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Learning on English. If you don't welcome person like myself, just leave me alone. Thanks.
 21 users liked this post.
#122 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:30:05 PM(UTC)
No more ultimate editions for me ever again. This Lego Exp is a joke...HW's was bad enough but at least we got some cool cars.

The majority of players wanted more England, Goodwood, Isle of Man, an actual circuit track or airport with an oval and grand prix tracks instead...we've been provided garbage for 7yr olds so Playground could take a bunch of Lego advertising dollars...Playground Games should be ashamed.

I race online a bunch, and have raced Horizon since Colorado. I'm in my early 40's and the majority of other racers I meet online are all within 10 yrs of me, up or down. We are the majority of consumers with the disposable income that purchase the most expensive, complete editions of Horizon products and yet PG continues to ignore the core of their player base.

I may play future versions of Horizon (unlikely) but I know after the HW H3 Exp, and now the H4 Lego Exp that I will NEVER purchase any Forza expansion "site unseen" ever again.

In the end, the majority of players simply wanted to be able to drive to something in Northern Scotland, on the other side of the bridges and instead PG gave us the same toys that I just bought for my 5yr old.

Sad

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:44:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#123 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:36:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ForbiddenBeef21 Go to Quoted Post

Stop panicking people. Everything is awesome!

5 users liked this post.
#124 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:36:25 PM(UTC)
Wonder if that Ford ranger raptor discussed months ago will come so we can carry all the broken lego bricks around

Will we get a Ken Lego Block edition hoonigan car as well
🤡🤡🤡🤡
 4 users liked this post.
#125 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 3:36:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Incog23 Go to Quoted Post

The majority of players wanted more England, Goodwood, an actual circuit race track or airport and instead we've been provided garbage for 7yr olds so Playground could take a bunch of Lego advertising dollars...Playground Games should be ashamed.

There’s a circuit and an airport in the trailer for the expansion. They have LEGO walls/trees/etc around them which I don’t mind. But I’m only 27, I’m basically a 7yr old.
71 Pages<<34567>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error