71 Pages<<5455565758>>PrevNext
Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#1376 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 4:39:02 PM(UTC)
Plz help me, my favourite toy has been destroyed. Some evil hackers has put some lego toys in my game. Maybe someone in Playground Games can help me cause it's not only an attack on me but on their game as well. PLZ playground keep these hackers away. Security update neeeeeded.........
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#1377 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 4:41:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ForbiddenBeef21 Go to Quoted Post
I honestly don’t get the criticism about only 3 new cars considering we’ve been getting about one free car per week for the past however many months.

Would y’all have preferred no free cars each week, and instead waiting six months to get them all in a paid expansion?

I don't care about new cars at all, it's enough for me already. But Lego "cars" are something new in Lego world. OK, we don't have Lego world but normal Forza with some Lego stuff around. But still what DLC has 3 cars? :D Maybe HW has 4? I don't remember it but for Lego "cars" it's better for advertisement to have as many as possible. Maybe no time.

edit:
HW
10 new cars:
1972 Chrysler VH Valiant Charger R/T E49
2005 Hot Wheels Ford Mustang
2011 Hot Wheels Bone Shaker
2012 Hot Wheels Rip Rod
1969 Hot Wheels Twin Mill
2016 Jeep Trailcat
2010 Pagani Zonda R
2007 Toyota Hilux Arctic Trucks AT38
2016 Zenvo ST1
1932 Ford De Luxe Five-Window Coupe (Barn Find)


I did purchase the Hot wheels expansion, for these 2 cars.
I never played the expansion any longer than I had to to get the barnfind. It went too far against why I bought the game.

* point is sales is not always an accurate way to gauge if the players actually enjoy it.
* neither is a prepaid bundled expansion

The Lego expansion is the same, I hate the concept, it goes against the grain BUT i will buy it if they add something like the HK Monaro from MS7 or the other MS7 Hotwheels cars that FH4 missed out on (VW, Camaro & Vette)

Just a side note, although the Hotwheels expansion sold like crazy in the time I was there most people drove their regular cars on the track, to even see a Hotwheels car in freeroam was rare.
This shows most people favored the realistic cars regardless of buying the expansion and just had fun on the new map.

I believe once the Lego hype dies down people will stop driving them as for most it isn't the reason they are here.
The game could recover in time as long as the Lego cars do not have a power advantage over the realistic ones - if that happens again like it did with the boneshaker multiplayer racing will never be a happy place - not that it really was a happy place anyway.







I ran 6 races today in LEGO Valley and today did NOT use LEGO car. What I found interesting was that none of the AI used one either. Just normal cars on new tracks.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 6 users liked this post.
#1378 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 4:49:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Vyppaaaa Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LUKE3991 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mr Vyppaaaa Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SoloTwo42 Go to Quoted Post
Well, yesterday I successfully avoided the Lego plague and prevented Horizon from updating. Today the game won't open unless I reinstall the entire game or install the update, so that's great. At least I got all the weekly stuff done last night. Tonight when I'm home we'll see how badly lego cancer infected the non-lego world.


Could you over react any harder? If you don't want to play Lego Valley, to go to Lego Valley. Your loss. the oval track is super fun.


Notice the part where he said "non Lego world".


And? The Non Lego world is completely unaffected by this expansion. He might see a Lego car from time to time but beyond that it isn't going to be "infect he non-lego world"


You see the part where you say...

Quote:
The Non Lego world is completely unaffected by this expansion.


Then you say...

Quote:
He might see a Lego car from time to time


That's called a contradiction.

Do you know how to tell when somebody has lost an argument?

They contradict themselves.


Rank: Racing Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1379 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 4:55:09 PM(UTC)
To be quite frank I am not to awed by the whole LEGO's Expansion. I mean don't get me wrong, LEGO's are cool and the builds people build are quite impressive. When I first saw FH4 Trailer before it was ever released, I was shocked and awed by the beauty of it's surrounding and city and the vast amount of cars we can drive but with the whole LEGO's expansion being in the game world, kind of took that away.

I was sincerely hoping for a Map Expansion to another city in the UK and was hoping for to be able to cross that bridge near Edinburgh but nope, those hopes were crushed by the release of EXP 2 of LEGO Speed Champions instead. I know that I am probably not the only feels this way and others would probably would have wanted the same or similar. Regardless, I don't have hate for the LEGO SPC EXP2 just disappointed....still playable by all means.

RATING OVERALL: 6/10

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2019 5:03:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: B-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#1380 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 4:57:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Mr Vyppaaaa Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SheepXKiller Go to Quoted Post

3 Lego cars is a bit of a joke considering they’re already in the game as the real thing..


That is the most disappointing thing for me, 3 cars is a big let down


People actually want more Lego cars? 3 is too many. Hopefully people don't use them.

Rank: R-Class Racing License
 8 users liked this post.
#1381 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 5:07:42 PM(UTC)
The reason that you don't hear anything from PG about Forza Lego complaints is because they're all bricking it.

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2019 5:10:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1382 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 5:11:31 PM(UTC)
So as someone who was not thrilled about this expansion I was kind of pleasantly surprised. Why? It has all different terrain. That's a win for me. HW only had asphalt or plastic racing which was my least favorite and I never finished it. It's too early to say if Lego will hold my attention to finish it but I do like the tracks so far. I was kinda hoping they would give us open class rivals over there early to warm us up for series 11 update but no such luck. Also it does not appear to have online multiplayer either. Am I wrong or is that 2 expansions without it now? Kind of ridiculous don't you think?
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1383 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 5:32:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: xPREEMOx Go to Quoted Post
So as someone who was not thrilled about this expansion I was kind of pleasantly surprised. Why? It has all different terrain. That's a win for me. HW only had asphalt or plastic racing which was my least favorite and I never finished it. It's too early to say if Lego will hold my attention to finish it but I do like the tracks so far. I was kinda hoping they would give us open class rivals over there early to warm us up for series 11 update but no such luck. Also it does not appear to have online multiplayer either. Am I wrong or is that 2 expansions without it now? Kind of ridiculous don't you think?


So this is why you disliked Hotwheels but pleasantly surprised by Lego?
That actually made me LOL - Thanks for clearing that up for me

Rank: B-Class Racing License
 6 users liked this post.
#1384 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 5:51:39 PM(UTC)
Suggestion: the map is ok, so why not just give an option to re-skin it back to UK map assets? Same with the 3 Lego cars. Use the previous visual models/skins. As an option.

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2019 6:56:41 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
 5 users liked this post.
#1385 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 6:52:30 PM(UTC)
Months of waiting and this is the **** we get? It's even worse than the Hot Wheels in FH3. We need an apology for releasing this and more so for making us pay for it.
CPU - AMD FX 6300 @ 3.5ghz
GPU - Sapphire Nitro+ RX 470 w/4gb VRAM
RAM - 16GB DDR3-1333
SSD - 1 TB Samsung 860 QVO
Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#1386 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 6:54:36 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mr Vyppaaaa Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: LUKE3991 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Mr Vyppaaaa Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SoloTwo42 Go to Quoted Post
Well, yesterday I successfully avoided the Lego plague and prevented Horizon from updating. Today the game won't open unless I reinstall the entire game or install the update, so that's great. At least I got all the weekly stuff done last night. Tonight when I'm home we'll see how badly lego cancer infected the non-lego world.


Could you over react any harder? If you don't want to play Lego Valley, to go to Lego Valley. Your loss. the oval track is super fun.


Notice the part where he said "non Lego world".


And? The Non Lego world is completely unaffected by this expansion. He might see a Lego car from time to time but beyond that it isn't going to be "infect he non-lego world"


You see the part where you say...

Quote:
The Non Lego world is completely unaffected by this expansion.


Then you say...

Quote:
He might see a Lego car from time to time


That's called a contradiction.

Do you know how to tell when somebody has lost an argument?

They contradict themselves.




Lol, what a joke. My statement stands, the non lego world (as in the map, scenery, traffic, seasons and so on) will be completely unaffected by the Lego expansion. Seeing a player/drivatar using a certain car does not affect the play experience.

Do you know hot to tell when someone has no argument?

They pick out a tiny nit pick and then proclaim victory (and they even fail at that)
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1387 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 7:15:00 PM(UTC)
So, my primary complaint from Hot Wheels returns... the launchers. They're just not fun to drive into - your car gets flung across the map, lands at a funny angle, and slides too fast to recover grip. Any traffic in the launcher only exacerbates the problem.

I know it seems cool the first time, but PG, fight the urge to throw in ideas that seem cool at first but ultimately don't work all that well.
Rank: Driver's License
 2 users liked this post.
#1388 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 7:16:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
That said, for sure, it’s too late to change my mind on my next console, you have done your move Guys, my money will go to Sony ...


Good luck with that. Microsoft probably doesn't even care because they are pushing Xcloud as hard as they can. The console market appears to be secondary to them at the moment.

Besides, it’s not like Sony is not getting involved in its fair share of controversy from time to time. Look how they caused some serious backlash last year when they tied peoples Fortnite accounts to the PSN network and made it impossible to move existing accounts over to a different platform. They eventually had to backtrack on that decision due to the outrage it caused.

The PSN network gets hacked on a regular basis and each time that happens some people get screwed over. Even if you use PayPal to pay for your PSN subscription and PayPal refunds the money spend on your PSN account after it was hacked, Sony has been known to ransom peoples accounts until they recovered the money back from the user.

It’s not like Sony has the most consumer friendly practices out there. That was the main reason for me to go with Xbox this generation.


Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#1389 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 7:31:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SoloTwo42 Go to Quoted Post

Does anyone know how I can manually uninstall Horizon to attempt a reinstall? This is the kind of garbage that will just make me move on to another game for good.


If you're playing on console, try this one:

- From the home screen, select your game and press the "menu" button.
- Scroll down and select "Manage game & add-ons"
- From there, select "saved data"

Delete everything that is in there and start the install again.

Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1390 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 7:36:23 PM(UTC)
What a garbage DLC
I am always hoping for a Mad Max DLC, it would have been perfect for FH3 since it was set in Australia...

One day maybe, even if it was just a car pack

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2019 7:37:08 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#1391 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 7:48:36 PM(UTC)
So I got robbed of the LEGO senna because my garage was full.... anyone know how to remedy this? Would greatly appreciate it if you can
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1392 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 8:51:38 PM(UTC)
Hi the 'Coffee Cart' is at the "City Pizza" a converted out house in the middle of town in the center off the main roundabout. Hope it helps.
Originally Posted by: That **** edHippo Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone completed the "I'll take one to go" brick challenge. Can find no hints as to what the coffee cart looks like or where to find one?


Rank: B-Class Racing License
 13 users liked this post.
#1393 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 9:25:04 PM(UTC)
Say, that's a nice mainland you've got there!
It'd be a shame if someone were to drive a Lego car on it!

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2019 9:33:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
 6 users liked this post.
#1394 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 9:48:14 PM(UTC)
Sorry to everyone who hates the LEGO cars, I've already driven the LEGO cars all over the mainland. They are too fun to drive to not use them!
Rank: Driver's Permit
#1395 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 9:50:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: King Dazzar Go to Quoted Post
Whilst I wasn't looking forward to playing this, I did use to like Lego about 40 years ago as a kid. I entered it with a positive mindset. But I'm sorry, its just awful. It just doesn't feel or look good to me. It all feels out of place. I did try!

However I do respect the handling of the cars in a Lego sort of way and there's clearly some technical greatness behind the scenes. It just comes across bland and out of sink with the rest of the game. For me I think Lego should stay where its sits fondly. In my childhood memories.

EDIT: Also, from a purely gameplay perspective, I just dont get who would find doing all the mundane tasks for Lego bricks fun. For those who enjoy doing them, great. But, geez, it all came across as shallow and chore like for me. Its almost like the car version of a join the dots kids drawing book.


Completely agree. This expansion should have been "more of the same" eg. new areas, new cars, to appeal to ALL players. What next? Anime cartoon cars? I mean sure, many people would love Anime cars too. I dont. The point is, when you move away from the theme that made Forza Horizon so popular (realistic cars and environment with fun not-too-simulator-like gameplay), then you are no-longer delivering a Forza Horizon product.

If they wish to deliver a different product, then go make a separate Forza Fantasy Driving game or something and knock yourselves out. I feel this was a marketing experiment at the expense of the other half of the players who dont like lego. I am certainly not a fan.

I think they have run out of ideas with the repetitive obtain 100 of this and 500 of that to proceed to the next level. Time to uninstall.
Rank: Series Champion
 3 users liked this post.
#1396 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 10:47:47 PM(UTC)
My only complaint maybe so far is why are there still normal trees and bushes in lego valley? It's like a half hearted re-skin. Apart from that i'm 112/112 roads so now i'm on to finding bonus boards. Although i am driving a normal car now as it's much better handling and speed wise.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1397 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 10:52:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OneTonSoap Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
That said, for sure, it’s too late to change my mind on my next console, you have done your move Guys, my money will go to Sony ...


Good luck with that. Microsoft probably doesn't even care because they are pushing Xcloud as hard as they can. The console market appears to be secondary to them at the moment.

Besides, it’s not like Sony is not getting involved in its fair share of controversy from time to time. Look how they caused some serious backlash last year when they tied peoples Fortnite accounts to the PSN network and made it impossible to move existing accounts over to a different platform. They eventually had to backtrack on that decision due to the outrage it caused.

The PSN network gets hacked on a regular basis and each time that happens some people get screwed over. Even if you use PayPal to pay for your PSN subscription and PayPal refunds the money spend on your PSN account after it was hacked, Sony has been known to ransom peoples accounts until they recovered the money back from the user.

It’s not like Sony has the most consumer friendly practices out there. That was the main reason for me to go with Xbox this generation.




Regardless what they are pushing,the consequence of their decision is people like me investing hundreds of euros in Sony instead of Microsoft... regardless the good or bad experience it will turn out to be, that is as much money Microsoft will never ever see.


Rank: D-Class Racing License
 4 users liked this post.
#1398 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 11:16:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post
Say, that's a nice mainland you've got there!
It'd be a shame if someone were to drive a Lego car on it!



I will be a shame when you tire of Lego and get back to racing only to be racing against the same Lego car - its all fun and games now but you will be back in the wallriding thread complaining about the children it attracts to your main game soon enough.

For me I dusted off FH3, its more alive than it was in the first 6 months of release thanks to this expansion and it doesn't rain as much. Best of all its a car game with no Lego !
C YA there when you work it out.

Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1399 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 11:39:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post
Say, that's a nice mainland you've got there!
It'd be a shame if someone were to drive a Lego car on it!



I will be a shame when you tire of Lego and get back to racing only to be racing against the same Lego car - its all fun and games now but you will be back in the wallriding thread complaining about the children it attracts to your main game soon enough.

For me I dusted off FH3, its more alive than it was in the first 6 months of release thanks to this expansion and it doesn't rain as much. Best of all its a car game with no Lego !
C YA there when you work it out.


Don't get me wrong, I thought FH4 had gone downhill at the beginning with the Fortnite dolly dress-ups and emotes.

PG aren't going to change anything. All the legit complaints about bugs and the bugs are still here, so it's clear nothing will change.

I personally think PG jumped the shark with the Lego skin. I would prefer they give an option to re-skin with the UK map assets. But I very much doubt it. So Lego is here, like it or not. And that sucks.

But what can one do? Either boycott the game or make the most of a bad situation. So I'm making some fun for myself...

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2019 11:40:32 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1400 Posted : Friday, June 14, 2019 11:41:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: That **** edHippo Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone completed the "I'll take one to go" brick challenge. Can find no hints as to what the coffee cart looks like or where to find one?


After looking around brickchester for ages, I found them at the beach. They're a cream colour and just look like a box.
71 Pages<<5455565758>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error