71 Pages<<4647484950>>PrevNext
 4 users liked this post.
#1176 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 5:17:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ST0RM HAWK 89 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Prime y0 Go to Quoted Post
Why are they selling a incomplete expansion? Only 3 cars, on stream they said future cars are coming later, the barn find car isn't available because we need to wait for an update

This DLC wasn't ready for release that's why, E3 forced them to release it early. Drop a trailer without a release date and people forget about it, drop a trailer and announce it will be out within a week and people will remain hyped for it.

By Hyped you mean this thread?
And I thought Hyped was a positive experience

Waiting for the silly update to ruin the base game for me as we speak

I'm with you when it comes to this update, the people who've posted comments on YouTube have praised this expansion though. All the FH4 Youtubers are kissing PG's backside which has me wondering if they were given something in return for not bad mouthing this sorry excuse for a DLC.
 3 users liked this post.
#1177 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 5:19:34 PM(UTC)
It took them so long to roll out this expansion. And it feels so odd, compared to the base game. I mean Hot Wheels is ok, but this...

My guess is that PG/T10 are running out of contracts with car manufacturers, but they feel forced to give us new content, so even Lego will do.
 2 users liked this post.
#1178 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 5:24:20 PM(UTC)
Just hope to avoid having other people come across this but dont go into the expansion if your garage is full. You will not get the Lego cars if your garage is full and they are needed to complete the expansion. I even deleted cars after I was supposed to have them and they are no where to be found. Opened a ticket about it already.
 2 users liked this post.
#1179 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 5:44:11 PM(UTC)
Why are they selling a incomplete expansion? Only 3 cars, on stream they said future cars are coming later, the barn find car isn't available because we need to wait for an update

This DLC wasn't ready for release that's why, E3 forced them to release it early. Drop a trailer without a release date and people forget about it, drop a trailer and announce it will be out within a week and people will remain hyped for it.

I'm with you when it comes to this update, the people who've posted comments on YouTube have praised this expansion though. All the FH4 Youtubers are kissing PG's backside which has me wondering if they were given something in return for not bad mouthing this sorry excuse for a DLC.

I think the people who are OK with the Lego thing and leaving positive posts pre-release will get tired of the awesome experience in a week or so and want to go back to proper racing in the environment they bought the game for in the first place.

Problem is that environment is now gone forever - and we can no longer participate in realistic scenarios in FH4

FH3 is still going strong for those who want a car game. It will probably remain strong for a while longer due to this just as windows 7 is still popular for those who hated win 10.

Still waiting on the download...... why are the servers so darn slow if its owned by Microsoft? I thought these guys were supposed to be world class regarding the internet - its only 5Gb, its been hours only half way there.

6 users liked this post.
#1180 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 5:49:31 PM(UTC)
Please, oh, please, let us add the pig from the intro sequence to the top of the Lego F40.
 1 user liked this post.
#1181 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 5:53:43 PM(UTC)

I think the people who are OK with the Lego thing and leaving positive posts pre-release will get tired of the awesome experience in a week or so and want to go back to proper racing in the environment they bought the game for in the first place.

Problem is that environment is now gone forever - and we can no longer participate in realistic scenarios in FH4

FH3 is still going strong for those who want a car game. It will probably remain strong for a while longer due to this just as windows 7 is still popular for those who hated win 10.

Still waiting on the download...... why are the servers so darn slow if its owned by Microsoft? I thought these guys were supposed to be world class regarding the internet - its only 5Gb, its been hours only half way there.

Depends where you are and what service provider you're using. For me it's 80mbps even during peak times, off peak it can sometimes go as high as 173mbps. The update only took about two minutes to download for me, superfast fibre is the way to go man.

#1182 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:06:48 PM(UTC)

Depends where you are and what service provider you're using. For me it's 80mbps even during peak times, off peak it can sometimes go as high as 173mbps. The update only took about two minutes to download for me, superfast fibre is the way to go man.

600-800kbps for me, I'm in Australia 4G mobile network is the only option where i live - there is actually dial up too. LOL
The game plays fine & the internet is fast 4G speed as expected, only the updates for this game are slow to download... no idea why.
Worst thing is the 4G comes with a 100GB monthly limit, its $10 per GB if I exceed this....this update will actually probably cost me $30 to download it even without buying it. But that's another story.

EDIT: I forgot to say everything is awesome :)

Edited by user Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:08:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#1183 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:08:47 PM(UTC)
Hmmm... the in-game trailer says: "Build your own Lego house" and something like "..play with the biggest Lego toy box ever seen." (I forget the exact wording, but it's pretty close).

From that, I would expect to be able to build a Lego house, to my own design. Misleading?
#1184 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:41:16 PM(UTC)
I have the Lego DLC installed, but the game didn't update before I started playing, so, as of now, nothing Lego related anywhere. I have people in my sessions but its pretty low. About to do the Trial, we'll see how that goes if it's able to populate an event. Going to do my damnedest to prevent Windows from installing the update.
 3 users liked this post.
#1185 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:55:16 PM(UTC)
so, they want to make a lego expansion? FINE!

as far most of us are adults we can accept that.

but lack of content? HELL NO!

can't believe i was doing a proper research about this collection to found the current models:

Ferrari 488 GT3 “Scuderia Corsa”
2018 Dodge Challenger SRT Demon
1970 Dodge Charger R/T
1968 Ford Mustang Fastback
Ford Fiesta M-Sport WRC
2016 Ford GT
1966 Ford GT40
Bugatti Chiron
Porsche 919 Hybrid
Scuderia Ferrari SF16-H
Chevrolet Camaro ZL1 Race Car
2018 MINI John Cooper Works Buggy
Porsche 911 RSR
911 Turbo 3.0
Mercedes-AMG GT3
McLaren 720S

We receive a 1967 Mini, F40 and Senna, a big "wow", so where's the rest of cars?

if Lego is "the new wave", now i want at least half of this models to justify this expansion(blind ultimate editon) what nobody asked for, simple as that, no excuses!

to embrace my childish side, yeah, how cool is that?
 1 user liked this post.
#1186 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:18:32 PM(UTC)
I haven't compared it to the Ferrari, but the Lego F40 is fast. It's going to be a real shame if these end up being the fastest cars in the game. Gamebreaking for those of us who are not into the fantasy cars.
 7 users liked this post.
#1187 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:18:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KWTruckerT600 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KWTruckerT600 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Perfect Dark 51 Go to Quoted Post
Only 3 cars added in this expansion. The lego F40, Senna, and mini.

Why is everyone crying about LEGO cars on mainland because it’s only 3 cars! And there’s way more hot wheels than LEGO cars, so what’s the big deal with this “block the LEGO cars on mainland” stuff?

If you see a LEGO car, deal with it, god!

Sorry to start rude but I assume you don't get it because you are not exactly FH fan. FH fans are looking for very immersive game with closest to reality graphics, open world, and, let's say, permissive physics making the whole more fun oriented than flight simulator. What you consider as a little breach in the game is like having barbie cartoon character in Call of Duty.

Please, just try to put your feet in the shoes of people having indeed spent 10 times more time than you did on the game. Some are not even racing much, just cruising for the pleasure to test some car they will never drive of their whole life, some are taking photos, some are spending hours to optimize tuning of some cars, etc

FH was not just about pick a car in the garage, download the most PI tune and rush, nope, it was not.

I’m a fh fan but I don’t really care about the cars I see on road I just want fun driving

Say what you want about the LEGO cars but I’m out of this discussion for now because to me driving a LEGO f40 on an actually decent race track (in horizon) is pretty fun so peace haters ✌️

That is the point of an open world game. The effort put in to the detail and aesthetic of the game is to encourage people to drive around. You'd be much more at home in Forza Motorsport if all you want to do is go around a track.
 2 users liked this post.
#1188 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:20:44 PM(UTC)
Since I was OK with Game of Thrones Season 8, so I guess I should be OK with this Lego expansion.
 7 users liked this post.
#1189 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:28:20 PM(UTC)
As terrible as I thought 😭, still think LEGO cars should be restricted to LEGO valley.
 9 users liked this post.
#1190 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:30:14 PM(UTC)
At first glance, I thought the Lego expansion was an absolutely stupid idea.

My buddy wanted to give it a shot so I said I'd give it a try. WOW!!! I thought it was going to be dumb. Turns out I was wrong. It's even stupider than I could have imagined.

Turn10 has already done a great job destroying the motorsport series and just now has barely gotten it to somewhat acceptable. And now PGs behaviour.... Hotwheels. A disappointing FH3 and FH4. *Sigh*...

Can't say I will be buying another Forza title, but I guarantee I will never pre order another title as long as Turn 10 or Playground Games have their name attached to it.
 4 users liked this post.
#1191 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:31:33 PM(UTC)
Okay so spent an evening playing and (in no particular order)

1. It’s new content. You race you drift, you jump, you discover
2. There are bits that proper make you laugh
3. The F40 seems damn quick but not tried it in an adventure lobby yet
4. The cars look odd when raced in the mainland
5. There’s a speedway track
6. The routes are new and interesting
7. Feels like there’s more to do than on Fortune Island

Granted, it’s a bit childish but it is only a game at the end of the day and maybe we shouldn’t take things too seriously all the time. I wouldn’t have asked for Lego content but it’s here now and it’s far from making me want to uninstall the game. My thoughts would be that you should at least give it a try before slagging it off. Go on, embrace your inner child.
#1192 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:41:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Slyck Tires Go to Quoted Post
Okay so spent an evening playing and (in no particular order)
Granted, it’s a bit childish but it is only a game at the end of the day and maybe we shouldn’t take things too seriously all the time. I wouldn’t have asked for Lego content but it’s here now and it’s far from making me want to uninstall the game. My thoughts would be that you should at least give it a try before slagging it off. Go on, embrace your inner child.

My thoughts exactly... ;)
 9 users liked this post.
#1193 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:43:10 PM(UTC)
You have it in your hand so go to Ms Shop and rate the expansion. Maybe they will realize what they have done....

And here is something for those who are talking about the non realistic side of FH4.....
Sure, there is an possibility to do huge jumps (or similar stuff) and at some point you are forced to do unrealistic things with any kind of cars (stunt events, show events) the core of the game is still the free roaming.
It depends on ourselves what we do at the end with the cars and the environment.
I prefer to cruise around as realistic as It can be done, drifting around, meet people on the map with similar taste of cars and then to cruise with them or hit the gas from time to time, tuning cars, painting them....That is what FH stands for.

And now the brick boolstuffdestroys this immersion.
 4 users liked this post.
#1194 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 9:50:48 PM(UTC)
Honestly, I like the idea, though I think it would have been better if this was instead a standalone expansion similar to Fast And Furious, instead of a DLC.
#1195 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 10:24:04 PM(UTC)
I decided to use an upgraded Lego Mini on online adventure back on the main island. Didn't think I'd do well but won several S1 dirt races with it. Couldn't handle the freeroam rushes though.
 2 users liked this post.
#1196 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 10:55:03 PM(UTC)
It seems you guys take the whole FH a bit too seriously. Everyone is losing their minds and the world is seemingly about to end because PG decided to make an expansion towards the more younger audience? FH was always the more light hearted version of Forza Motorsport, which again is a more casual version of an actual racing sim. Which makes FH the perfect platform for experiments like this.

6 users liked this post.
#1197 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 11:13:55 PM(UTC)

None of those 'famous' YouTubers are worth listening to for their 'opinions' because they will never bite the hand that feeds them.
 8 users liked this post.
#1198 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 11:28:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ThanaJ Go to Quoted Post
It seems you guys take the whole FH a bit too seriously. Everyone is losing their minds and the world is seemingly about to end because PG decided to make an expansion towards the more younger audience? FH was always the more light hearted version of Forza Motorsport, which again is a more casual version of an actual racing sim. Which makes FH the perfect platform for experiments like this.

As far as I believed Horizon was where car cultures came together in an open world. Although it is not racing based it was car culture based. (drifting, drag racing, cruising, modifying, custom painting).
The only argument so far that FH was not realistic is the fact we have PR stunts that require long 900ft jumps, don't forget Evel Knievel had been doing that sort of thing as have many stunt drivers since the 60`s in regular cars.

"The longest ramp jump, with the vehicle landing on its wheels and driving on, is 237 ft (72.23 m) by Ray Baumann (Australia) in a Chrysler VH Valiant at Ravenswood International Raceway, Perth, Western Australia, on August 23 1998."

FH has always had a very serious racing side to it, just look back at all the whining about clean racing, wall riding & the likes. Also look back at all the whining about dashboard needles being the wrong colour, exhaust sounds not being quite right etc etc.... this game has never been considered a non serious toy game to release such stuff.

Lego belonged in its own game on its own shelf in the kids section, far far far away from the car racing games.

Just remember what they did in FH3, released hot wheels toy cars and those same cars littered Motorsport 7, what makes you think they wont add the Lego cars to Motorsport 8.

The argument is not based on if I want to be a kid for a bit of fun and do something different for a short time, the argument is once the fun is over we cannot go back to being serious - this changes the main game from this point on to a kids game as far as I am concerned.

If it didn't change the main game to something I wouldn't have purchased and Lego was in Lego land only I wouldn't care at all if it existed here.

Edited by user Thursday, June 13, 2019 11:30:17 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#1199 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 11:36:20 PM(UTC)
A quick question about the Lego expansion but when do you get the Lego McLaren Senna to unlock?
#1200 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 11:40:21 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Friday, June 14, 2019 4:50:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

71 Pages<<4647484950>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error