71 Pages<<4142434445>>PrevNext
Rank: Racing Permit
#1051 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:54:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
I have an idea... Maybe I am wrong but maybe it will work for a while.

My xbox has not updated yet, I assume it will not be able to render Lego cars until it does update.
The xbox will not update until i restart it - right?

What if i never restart the machine and never allow the update? I could just leave it turned on until it either crashes or the power goes out....
Could this buy me a few days without those darn cars on the mainland?

In my head it might work..... anyone know for sure? maybe the update will force a restart - i'm unsure about this.
Will the universe explode if i don't do the update and someone drives past me in a Lego car....



I assume an outdated client won't be able to connect to game servers. So even if you can avoid the update, you could be blocked of any game feature that requires server connection, i.e. auction house, rivals, Horizon Life, etc...
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1052 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:55:44 AM(UTC)
The official time given for the Lego DLC is "Jun 13, 8 AM PDT".
It's 7:55 AM PDT right now.

So should be here in 5 minutes.

>> Edit: no, it was a streaming time. I saw the mistake after posting and couldn't edit because the forum seamed to be under heavy load, sorry.

Edited by user Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:44:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

KudosPrime.com
Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#1053 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:56:31 AM(UTC)
I get that some people are disappointed, but many of the reactions here go way beyond expressing disappointment. It's funny to me that people are saying stuff like "only little kids would like this" and "this franchise is dying" because frankly I think that's a really childish way to react. And before you've even played it! Shameful. Give it a chance, and if you still don't like it, fine, everyone has their preferences. But people should stop crapping on it for everyone else that's excited.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#1054 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:59:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkWolf907505 Go to Quoted Post
Well, of all the expansions; Storm Island, Blizzard Mountain, Hot Wheels, and Fortune Island, this one looks to have the most potential; only because it has a Race Track.

I’ll play it because I’ve already purchased it (pre-order), but I’ll be going in with low expectations.

And YES, I’m going to drive the LEGO Cars on the mainland and beep my horn at every player I see just to remind them what their Horizon Life is all about.

PS: I was actually hoping for a Wacky Races Expansion, but alas… I digress.


Lol I’d pass someone with a no to LEGO ford van and lay on my horn as I pass by
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1055 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 6:59:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: marcx666 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
Those of you predisposed to hating the new DLC are on notice that I play the way I want to play.

Not saying that I will be driving a LEGO car on the mainland. But if I do, and you see me, then you'll just have to deal with it.

Probably only goofing around on the overworld and single player races. I don't do a lot of multiplayer. And when I do something like the Trial, I usually like to get it over with, so I'm not going to pick an underpowered car just to troll haters, so you don't have to worry too much about that.


Yet people complain about modders and hackers who only "play the way they wanna play"


Speaking only for myself, if i were to do anything like that, (I don't, not with Forza anyway, but if I were) it would be offline single player only.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 4 users liked this post.
#1056 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:01:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
♪♫♪

So bye, bye Miss American Pie
Drove my Lego Car to the levee but the levee was dry
Them good ole boys were drinking whiskey 'n' Rye
Singin' this'll be the day that Forza died
This'll be the day that Forza died


So dramatic . " The sky is falling " says chicken little . Forza will be here tomorrow, the next day, and so on.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
#1057 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:03:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: marcx666 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
Those of you predisposed to hating the new DLC are on notice that I play the way I want to play.

Not saying that I will be driving a LEGO car on the mainland. But if I do, and you see me, then you'll just have to deal with it.

Probably only goofing around on the overworld and single player races. I don't do a lot of multiplayer. And when I do something like the Trial, I usually like to get it over with, so I'm not going to pick an underpowered car just to troll haters, so you don't have to worry too much about that.


Yet people complain about modders and hackers who only "play the way they wanna play"


Speaking only for myself, if i were to do anything like that, (I don't, not with Forza anyway, but if I were) it would be offline single player only.


Oh I'm not saying you do or would mate, more just thats the argument hackers and modders use is "I'll play how I want to"
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1058 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:06:09 AM(UTC)
I get that some people are disappointed, but many of the reactions here go way beyond expressing disappointment. It's funny to me that people are saying stuff like "only little kids would like this" and "this franchise is dying" because frankly I think that's a really childish way to react. And before you've even played it! Give it a chance, and if you still don't like it, fine, everyone has their preferences, certainly I wouldn't expect you to like every game or DLC. But people should really stop crapping on it for everyone else that's excited.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 7 users liked this post.
#1059 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:13:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dstutz Go to Quoted Post
I get that some people are disappointed, but many of the reactions here go way beyond expressing disappointment. It's funny to me that people are saying stuff like "only little kids would like this" and "this franchise is dying" because frankly I think that's a really childish way to react. And before you've even played it! Give it a chance, and if you still don't like it, fine, everyone has their preferences, certainly I wouldn't expect you to like every game or DLC. But people should really stop crapping on it for everyone else that's excited.


Why should they? If people ae annoyed, or upset, or frustrated by the DLC, why should they not voice their opinion. You say they should stop crapping on it for everyone else that's excited, but why? Does your opinion matter more? Or, do you find yourself unable to ignore or just not read forums and twitter/facebook/social media where people might disagree with you? Does the fact people disagree with you somehow inherently stop your enjoyment of things?
Rank: Driver's Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#1060 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:18:18 AM(UTC)
I see people moaning on here about realism and the LEGO expansion not being true to Forza Horizon and being disappointing.

I couldn't disagree more.

The Forza Motorsport games are aimed at realism, so stick to that. The handling is closer to a simulation whereas Forza Horizon has an arcadey feel. I've been playing Forza games since the start and think a little bit of variation on the norm is going to be great fun. And don't forget, Forza is a game. Don't be so serious!

The Fast and Furious expansion wasn't exactly realistic, but it was great. The Hot wheels expansion felt like a whole other game. I've no doubt LEGO will feel the same and am looking forward to it.

If they follow the pattern for the next game, I hope the FH5 expansion 2 is a Tamiya tie-in. Would love to drive a Monster Beetle or Grasshopper. Or drive normal cars in a giant world. The more ridiculous the better.

Rank: C-Class Racing License
 11 users liked this post.
#1061 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:31:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: McGimpus Go to Quoted Post
I see people moaning on here about realism and the LEGO expansion not being true to Forza Horizon and being disappointing.

I couldn't disagree more.

The Forza Motorsport games are aimed at realism, so stick to that. The handling is closer to a simulation whereas Forza Horizon has an arcadey feel. I've been playing Forza games since the start and think a little bit of variation on the norm is going to be great fun. And don't forget, Forza is a game. Don't be so serious!

The Fast and Furious expansion wasn't exactly realistic, but it was great. The Hot wheels expansion felt like a whole other game. I've no doubt LEGO will feel the same and am looking forward to it.

If they follow the pattern for the next game, I hope the FH5 expansion 2 is a Tamiya tie-in. Would love to drive a Monster Beetle or Grasshopper. Or drive normal cars in a giant world. The more ridiculous the better.



I'm amazed that still after 40+ pages you guys still can't pick up on the reason why we mention realism.

It's the CARS. Not the handling and all that. We're talking about driving real life cars in an OPEN world (which is what Horizon is for, not Motorsport).

We don't want LEGO cars running around that "ruins" that.

The Hot Wheels and Quartz Regalia still somewhat LOOKS real, since they aren't made of .. idk.. LEGO bricks?

It has been explained so many times, but clearly people haven't picked up on that yet.

Edited by user Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:33:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: D-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#1062 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:33:35 AM(UTC)
LEGO cars is stupid!!! When is real cars? More cars missing from FM7.
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1063 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:38:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: marcx666 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: marcx666 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
Those of you predisposed to hating the new DLC are on notice that I play the way I want to play.

Not saying that I will be driving a LEGO car on the mainland. But if I do, and you see me, then you'll just have to deal with it.

Probably only goofing around on the overworld and single player races. I don't do a lot of multiplayer. And when I do something like the Trial, I usually like to get it over with, so I'm not going to pick an underpowered car just to troll haters, so you don't have to worry too much about that.


Yet people complain about modders and hackers who only "play the way they wanna play"


Speaking only for myself, if i were to do anything like that, (I don't, not with Forza anyway, but if I were) it would be offline single player only.


Oh I'm not saying you do or would mate, more just thats the argument hackers and modders use is "I'll play how I want to"


Fair enough. And I certainly don't mean to condone cheating in multiplayer. But in this case, I mean within the confines of what's allowable by the game.

And yes, I realize unsportsmanlike conduct like ramming and wall riding is not explicitly forbidden by the game mechanics either. We could discuss nuance all week, if we wanted to. But I think you gather what I mean by the spirit of the statement.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#1064 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:44:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: mhl2469 Go to Quoted Post
I got up this morning with the expansion predownloaded and I couldnt find the emblem for the lego world. Fortune island was there tho. I restarted the game and nothing. I reset my xbox and nothing again. There isnt an update for my game unless it updated over night but I need help!


Same here, I’m having the same problem.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 6 users liked this post.
#1065 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:47:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: McGimpus Go to Quoted Post
I see people moaning on here about realism and the LEGO expansion not being true to Forza Horizon and being disappointing.

I couldn't disagree more.

The Forza Motorsport games are aimed at realism, so stick to that. The handling is closer to a simulation whereas Forza Horizon has an arcadey feel. I've been playing Forza games since the start and think a little bit of variation on the norm is going to be great fun. And don't forget, Forza is a game. Don't be so serious!

The Fast and Furious expansion wasn't exactly realistic, but it was great. The Hot wheels expansion felt like a whole other game. I've no doubt LEGO will feel the same and am looking forward to it.

If they follow the pattern for the next game, I hope the FH5 expansion 2 is a Tamiya tie-in. Would love to drive a Monster Beetle or Grasshopper. Or drive normal cars in a giant world. The more ridiculous the better.



The driving is skewed more toward arcade than sim but is quite a bit more realistic than Need For Speed for instance. I think for most people here when they mention realism it's about the look of the game. From the cars to the environments, there aren't many games that look more realistic.

While I'm not thrilled with the idea of a Lego expansion, I'll at least try it out but allowing Lego cars to be used outside of the expansion is going to suck the realistic look out of the game. As others have already mentioned, if My Little Pony characters suddenly showed up in online matches of Call of Duty people would lose their minds. This is no different.
Rank: Racing Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#1066 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:47:56 AM(UTC)
Excited for the new Need For Speed later this year.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1067 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:51:03 AM(UTC)
Today is when LEGO speed champions for forza came out and I installed it, I have ultimate edition so it was free, but the map icon won’t show up on my map to travel to it. I drove to the place where it is supposed to be and it wasn’t there, I reinstalled speed champions twice but it still isn’t even on my map, almost like it was never downloaded.

IM SO MAD ABOUT IT I JUST WAITED 2 HOURS FOR IT TO INSTALL AND NOTHING WHAT DO I DO? Somebody please help!!!
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 3 users liked this post.
#1068 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:53:47 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KWTruckerT600 Go to Quoted Post
Today is when LEGO speed champions for forza came out and I installed it, I have ultimate edition so it was free, but the map icon won’t show up on my map to travel to it. I drove to the place where it is supposed to be and it wasn’t there, I reinstalled speed champions twice but it still isn’t even on my map, almost like it was never downloaded.

IM SO MAD ABOUT IT I JUST WAITED 2 HOURS FOR IT TO INSTALL AND NOTHING WHAT DO I DO? Somebody please help!!!


It will be released later today. Try to relax, deep breaths and all that.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#1069 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:56:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: KWTruckerT600 Go to Quoted Post
Today is when LEGO speed champions for forza came out and I installed it, I have ultimate edition so it was free, but the map icon won’t show up on my map to travel to it. I drove to the place where it is supposed to be and it wasn’t there, I reinstalled speed champions twice but it still isn’t even on my map, almost like it was never downloaded.

IM SO MAD ABOUT IT I JUST WAITED 2 HOURS FOR IT TO INSTALL AND NOTHING WHAT DO I DO? Somebody please help!!!


Just another hour and 5 minutes to go. Patience, Grasshopper
Rank: Driver's Permit
#1070 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 7:58:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RED RIDER NL Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: KWTruckerT600 Go to Quoted Post
Today is when LEGO speed champions for forza came out and I installed it, I have ultimate edition so it was free, but the map icon won’t show up on my map to travel to it. I drove to the place where it is supposed to be and it wasn’t there, I reinstalled speed champions twice but it still isn’t even on my map, almost like it was never downloaded.

IM SO MAD ABOUT IT I JUST WAITED 2 HOURS FOR IT TO INSTALL AND NOTHING WHAT DO I DO? Somebody please help!!!


It will be released later today. Try to relax, deep breaths and all that.


Oh
I feel dumb luckily I’m occupied for most of the day xD
Rank: Driver's Permit
#1071 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:00:01 AM(UTC)
do i need the base game to play this ?
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#1072 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:00:03 AM(UTC)
I’m having the same problem. It’s not working.
Rank: Driver's License
#1073 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:04:49 AM(UTC)
19:00 CEST
Nicocodu57
French Forza Driver
Rank: Driver's License
 3 users liked this post.
#1074 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:12:57 AM(UTC)
Yup! At the last minute, the developers decided to pull the plug on Lego, and introduce a Mario Cart expansion.
Featuring Emoji's of Mario and Luigi, and all new plumber bling!
PS. These forums are sooooo slow loading...It is all most getting ridiculous. I stopped reading them a while back because of the slowness of the site
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#1075 Posted : Thursday, June 13, 2019 8:17:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BOSSnianboy Go to Quoted Post
I’m having the same problem. It’s not working.


44 MORE MINUTES
71 Pages<<4142434445>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error