71 Pages<<3637383940>>PrevNext
 4 users liked this post.
#926 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:10:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Grenambo Go to Quoted Post
i got the ultimate edition but i'm not interested in playing this lame expansion i'm not even gonna touch it

this expansion wasn't made for us it was made for them and whatever deal they made with lego.

This post just sums up this whole situation perfectly. Very well said.

The saddest thing is that it has been tied into ultimate edition which has meant upsetting the vast majority of players who just want Forza and not Lego.

Why not do it as a separate dlc. There were plenty of other options to supply as dlc for the ultimate edition, given PG capabilities (nobody else compares at open world driving games let's be honest) they have sold themselves and their customers short!
E30
 3 users liked this post.
#927 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:21:31 AM(UTC)
Remember "Drifter's Island"... I mean "Fortune Island"? Where you had to complete the 10 challenges to get the extra New Cars?

What if there are more than 3 cars with this expansion, and the extra cars are NOT LEGO CARS, but Real World Unicorn type vehicles that require you to complete challenges (in LEGOLAND) to win?

Wow, you talk about angry... wait till that happens...
Sometimes I wrestle with my demons... sometimes, we just snuggle.
 4 users liked this post.
#928 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:21:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: E30GrrR Go to Quoted Post
i got the ultimate edition but i'm not interested in playing this lame expansion i'm not even gonna touch it

this expansion wasn't made for us it was made for them and whatever deal they made with lego.

The saddest thing is that it has been tied into ultimate edition which has meant upsetting the vast majority of players who just want Forza and not Lego.

Why not do it as a separate dlc. There were plenty of other options to supply as dlc for the ultimate edition, given PG capabilities (nobody else compares at open world driving games let's be honest) they have sold themselves and their customers short!
Or even a separate game for fall release, since it seems there will be no FMS this year. Or how about releasing a Lego game with Horizon ties instead of the other way round.

So they did it to us buyers who ordered the expansions in FH3 and have just repeated it again for the purchasers of the Ultimate Edition in FH4. There won't be a third time for a good number of us.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:06:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Fixed a mistake in the last line

#929 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:34:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DarkWolf907505 Go to Quoted Post

What if there are more than 3 cars with this expansion, and the extra cars are NOT LEGO CARS, but Real World Unicorn type vehicles that require you to complete challenges (in LEGOLAND) to win?

Wow, you talk about angry... wait till that happens...

...and you have to drive lego cars in the challenges.

I think it's likely that there are a few more lego cars that are going to be prize cars in the weekly grind fests - in the main game map, just to rub it in.

4 users liked this post.
#930 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:40:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
So they did it to us ultimate buyers in FH3 and have just repeated it again for FH4. There won't be a third time for a good number of us.

Except the ultimate edition for 3 didn't include the expansions or expansion pass.(Everyone was mad about that too)

Everyone had to buy the expansions separately, the regular players and the ultimate edition purchasers. Once again people bought content sight unseen and feel entitled to what they wanted.

By all means I encourage everyone to stop pre ordering, to stop buying season passes. Nobody is ever happy with the content that actually manifests in these cases, and yes we can and should speak with our wallets. We want transparency and none of the bonus gimmicks.

But to say you were tricked deceived or lied to, especially a second time, is just wrong. People were mad when hot wheels appeared, and now the exact same thing happened again to these people under almost identical circumstances and somehow it's not their fault.
 1 user liked this post.
#931 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:55:54 AM(UTC)
I have FH4 Ultimate Edition. This LEGO Expansion not download on my Xbox. Very pooooor!!!!
 4 users liked this post.
#932 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 11:58:22 AM(UTC)
They should've teamed up with the Farming Simulator developers for the expansion. Instead of Lego, I could be driving tractors and harvesting turnips while you suckers are racing. Missed opportunity. LOL

Edited by user Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:00:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#933 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:01:54 PM(UTC)
I personally don't get why people are getting so angry about this. If you don't like the DLC, even if you have Ultimate Edition and it is automatically installed, you don't have to play it. And I also don't get why people are saying that LEGO cars will ruin the game due to being unrealistic. You know what else is unrealistic? Jumping a hypercar through a windmill at 200+ mph, flying over 1000 feet, and driving away without a scratch.
 2 users liked this post.
#934 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:09:59 PM(UTC)
Anyone know if they've commented on the negative response to the garbage expanision yet? i haven't seen a comment from RetroKrystal or any replies on their Twitter. I'm guessing they're hoping the storm will pass and players will forget.
#935 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:11:16 PM(UTC)
I was just looking up when LEGO announced their partnership with Ferrari, Mclaren and Porsche back in 2014/2015 for the LEGO Speed Champions series and came across this blog which has some discussion and comments that are eerily similar to attitude and feelings of some of the posts in this FH4 thread.

LEGO, Ferrari, Mclaren, Porsche Speed Champions Partnership

Oh, and just to show how brilliant the marketing minds at LEGO are... They supplanted Ferrari as the Most Powerful Brand in 2015 partly by partnering with Ferrari... Irony.

LEGO 2015 Most Powerful Brand

Edited by user Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:17:31 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#936 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:13:12 PM(UTC)
nevermind

Edited by user Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:14:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#937 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:13:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CorsairF4U1942 Go to Quoted Post
I personally don't get why people are getting so angry about this. If you don't like the DLC, even if you have Ultimate Edition and it is automatically installed, you don't have to play it. And I also don't get why people are saying that LEGO cars will ruin the game due to being unrealistic. You know what else is unrealistic? Jumping a hypercar through a windmill at 200+ mph, flying over 1000 feet, and driving away without a scratch.

Sure we don't have to play it but it's not going to stop drivatars or other players online from using them is it. No one cares about stunt jumps etc being unrealistic, they care about the cars being realistic and fitting in with the world around them. If you tried to drive a car made of LEGO it would shake apart from the engine vibration, it would also have awful fuel economy due to being as aerodynamic as a house brick.
#938 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:14:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FortuneGT Go to Quoted Post
So they did it to us buyers who ordered the expansions in FH3 and have just repeated it again for the purchasers of the Ultimate Edition in FH4. There won't be a third time for a good number of us.

Except the ultimate edition for 3 didn't include the expansions or expansion pass.(Everyone was mad about that too)

Everyone had to buy the expansions separately, the regular players and the ultimate edition purchasers. Once again people bought content sight unseen and feel entitled to what they wanted.

By all means I encourage everyone to stop pre ordering, to stop buying season passes. Nobody is ever happy with the content that actually manifests in these cases, and yes we can and should speak with our wallets. We want transparency and none of the bonus gimmicks.

But to say you were tricked deceived or lied to, especially a second time, is just wrong. People were mad when hot wheels appeared, and now the exact same thing happened again to these people under almost identical circumstances and somehow it's not their fault.
Thank you for pointing out the error in my original post. I have now corrected it.

However, I did not say I was tricked, deceived or lied to. I simply said they did it to us again. Perhaps I should have said they disappointed us again.

2 users liked this post.
#939 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:19:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CorsairF4U1942 Go to Quoted Post
I personally don't get why people are getting so angry about this. If you don't like the DLC, even if you have Ultimate Edition and it is automatically installed, you don't have to play it.
I understand that you don't get the anger, but to say 'you don't have to play it' is a bit cavalier and condescending.

The major issue for me beyond the disappointment in the expansion is the fact that it is automatically installed, wasting bandwidth for the installation and wasting the space on the hard drive. Hopefully there is a way to uninstall it.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:22:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#940 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:32:07 PM(UTC)
Yes, you can uninstall the expansion separately.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

6 users liked this post.
#941 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:40:18 PM(UTC)
I paid for the ultimate edition and until this announcement I was more or less happy with my purchase now they can be sure that it was the last time I pay for an ultimate edition of their games to what I see I I'm not the only one to be frustrated with this expansion is really anything there is no pleasure to withdraw from this expansion I am extremely disappointed I waited impatiently for absolutely nothing! poor choice on the part of the development team
 2 users liked this post.
#942 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 12:41:18 PM(UTC)
However, I did not say I was tricked, deceived or lied to. I simply said they did it to us again. Perhaps I should have said they disappointed us again.

And I wasn't trying to comment on you specifically, just this attitude of deception, especially as it pertains to refunds, and false advertising. While I'm not personally disappointed per say, you are allowed to be, and I sincerely support you or anyone else from not pre-purchasing ultimate/season-pass/games in general, this is good practice for the industry that tries to nab the sales and possibly walk away.

I think you are handling your displeasure quite well, but the pitchforks and consumer affairs not so much.
 1 user liked this post.
#943 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:02:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ST0RM HAWK 89 Go to Quoted Post
Anyone know if they've commented on the negative response to the garbage expanision yet? i haven't seen a comment from RetroKrystal or any replies on their Twitter. I'm guessing they're hoping the storm will pass and players will forget.

Now we all know why they dind't want to talk or answer questions about the new expansion on the series 9 amd 10 livestreams. I'm pretty sure they still won't want to talk about it on the series 11 live stream as well, unless it's some made up garbage about how successfull this expansion is.

3 users liked this post.
#944 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:13:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: E30GrrR Go to Quoted Post

Why ? Because it would have hurt the preorders and sales because the real fanbase wouldn't have bought it. So they have to force it down our throats
 2 users liked this post.
#945 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:14:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OneTonSoap Go to Quoted Post

Now we all know why they dind't want to talk or answer questions about the new expansion on the series 9 amd 10 livestreams. I'm pretty sure they still won't want to talk about it on the series 11 live stream as well, unless it's some made up garbage about how successfull this expansion is.

And no wonder they say allready that rivals are coming so that people who dont care abaout LEGO cars would stay because rivals are coming back.
 3 users liked this post.
#946 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:19:04 PM(UTC)

So it's our job to make sure the storm don't quit fast like with HW this time. A friend of mine who bought an xbox after I show him the game is now angry because of the money he wasted and anticipation for future content in this game

Edited by user Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:19:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#947 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:21:50 PM(UTC)
Great, this is worse than the forum on Halo Waypoint when the Master Chief Collection launched.

There are too many people jumping to conclusions over something that they don't want. We need to wait until launch before we judge, otherwise we will look more toxic than Call of Duty and Battlefield ever was. Understand that I have seen much worse on the Halo Waypoint forum.

I just wanted to post my opinion on this as I personally like the expansion at first.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:35:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Extra Information.

#948 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:28:18 PM(UTC)
For most of us it's just painful to see the core game remain stunted because we know the incredible potential it has. The lego world, likewise, since there's no opportunity for that to get its own expansion.

Kudos to them for creating such a great core game that people are this passionately desiring more of. But expansions, by definition, should offer that. More core content, refining of core concepts, and new concepts integrated well, all strung together with a continuity that makes for one complete and satisfying game in the end. Lego is not that, it's a separate game. Putting them together is just bad taste.
#949 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:28:44 PM(UTC)

Sure we don't have to play it but it's not going to stop drivatars or other players online from using them is it. No one cares about stunt jumps etc being unrealistic, they care about the cars being realistic and fitting in with the world around them. If you tried to drive a car made of LEGO it would shake apart from the engine vibration, it would also have awful fuel economy due to being as aerodynamic as a house brick.

Putting aside that I'm pretty sure I've seen driveable LEGO vehicles, many of the cars in game would realistically get destroyed driving across/through the terrain. And a few of them are essentially brick shaped. It doesn't seem to be about realism. It seems more like some people are so hung up on projecting an image of "maturity" that they can't stand the fact that they might see something in-game that reminds them that video games are essentially toys and they like to play with toys. Bless their pea-pickin' hearts.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 6 users liked this post.
#950 Posted : Wednesday, June 12, 2019 1:29:40 PM(UTC)
Thread with 116 pages car wish list...... and we get now this...

Now incan understand why Toyota is not included...
Guess they knew about this plan and didn't wanted to ruin their reputation.
71 Pages<<3637383940>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error