71 Pages<<2324252627>>PrevNext
 4 users liked this post.
#601 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:42:54 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Paco572 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
Oh there's that immersion word again
Chuckle chuckle
I think of that when i plough through a rock wall or tree and jump of a 200ft cliff without damage

I fail to see how immersion is so hard for you to comprehend.
Why do you think people buy racing seats, steering wheels, multiple monitors and gaming PC`s for this game?

Its to immerse themselves in a racing experience....

Those who immerse themselves in the racing tend to not participate in the PR stunts and be fully immersed in driving properly - this will be a little difficult when your surrounded by Lego against your will.

Why is it so difficult for you to grasp?

Maybe they should go outside and drive an actual car instead of trying to immerse themselves in a game. It's a game! I practically drive a race car on the daily. I have more fun driving my actual car than playing the game. It's a game, so what Lego is the expansion. Get over it, it's happening whether you approve or not

I personally spent a small fortune on everything, from transducers, multi monitor setup, T500 ,Fanatec pedals to name a few. at least $3,000.00 just for this game. Lets face it. Lego is for small children, lamb basting us with this garbage is a slap in the face of what this game really is. It's a great looking, fun to drive sim, adding lego only undermined the very heart of this game. I recently went through the "WISH LIST" on this forum, I and never found a SINGLE POST ASKING FOR LEGO. The question:

Why do you think people buy racing seats, steering wheels, multiple monitors and gaming PC`s for this game? I'll tell you, when you strip down all the PR stunts, racing challenges, all those pop ups that seem to be endless while you drive, under that is the most exciting driving sim out there. There are not a lot of driving sims, some are totalled like rfactors out dated engine but there just isn't any driving sims out there that look as good or drive as good as FH4 now with telemetry output for racing rigs/motion/audio transducers putting this game in a league by itself. I should know, I'm 57 been a die hard gamer since DX2 66 was top dog (since the dawn of time.) That's the main reason I spent so much money on my system $8,000.00 in total.

Adding lego is the most stupid thing Turn 10 could have ever done to this game. And now this game will die as a bitter disappointment for many.

Let me tell you something. What I love is turning off all the notifications and just drive around and hang out and enjoy the beautiful scenery and enjoy the cars, oh yes the cars., Now if I'm hanging out enjoying the beautiful scenery with a bunch of lego, How long will it take before someone asks the question, why are you hanging around with children's toys? Pedophile? Microsoft you stink. Microsoft you killed this game and everybody that liked it.

PACO

Only 3k ..ok..oh 8k sounds about average..if you add up everything you use to play this game

Yep Lego is a stupid addition but it's what Playground ( not Turn10 ) have given us...it's an E for Everyone game and always was..before fh4 was released they announced that..didnt realise they would go this way..just like most of us
It would have been decided before release what the expansion was gonna be..the same as most cars added and how they were added...makes sense why they never let anyone know until now too

Horizon is known as not being so serious..

All the disaffected can do is let Playground know how they feel and this forum is one of the few places where that can happen with any sort of effectiveness, albeit probably a slim amount. Everyone knows it’s a done deal and that we’re powerless to influence any outcome, that’s where the frustration comes in. Lego expansion is just one more log into the bon fire that’s been revving up for some time now. People want to vent, so let them vent! Let them get it out so we can move on. But when some here decide on being forum hall monitors and Nana’s telling people in the midst of throwing a fit to get over it and go drive s real car or some pretentious b s like that, it shouldn’t come as a surprise to see things flare up. Just let them vent, it’ll die down eventually.
Every train needs a caboose, right?
 1 user liked this post.
#602 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:46:00 PM(UTC)
@ Talby71
Only 3k ..ok..oh 8k sounds about average..if you add up everything you use to play this game

Yep Lego is a stupid addition but it's what Playground ( not Turn10 ) have given us...it's an E for Everyone game and always was..before fh4 was released they announced that..didnt realise they would go this way..just like most of us
It would have been decided before release what the expansion was gonna be..the same as most cars added and how they were added...makes sense why they never let anyone know until now too

Horizon is known as not being so serious..[/quote]

Will you be as calm about it when you compete against Lego in the more serious ranked scenario - or in Motorsport?
I mean they added Hotwheels to Motorsport, why would you think they wont add Lego? Neither really belong here where people spend huge amounts of money to be immersed.

BTW if i came across as defensive earlier, sorry about that, I just intended to stir you up a little in response to you stirring me up over the immersion thing.

I am really not too fussed to be honest, I enjoy the game but when the Lego hits the mainland I will probably walk away until H5 and have another look then.
I am a car guy and have much better things to do in the garage than play games all day,
I only get an hour a day at most and spend most of that time in the paint shop re creating my favorite 70`s Bathurst cars, but if i cant use them in a non-Lego environment I don't think I will continue with it and most likely get a refund due to buying mine at a department store with a no questions refund policy.

PS: I don't need the $80 back, but i would rather have it back than help fund more of this.

They could have just made the expansion motorcycles and made a lot of people happy including the kids.... food for thought, i mean we have motorcycle helmets and gloves, so why not?

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 10:50:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#603 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:26:36 PM(UTC)
So what was said in the live stream ? Any word about the critic and huge backslash? Any word about a third expansion and free cars / new things to excuse the lego nonsense?

I guess not
 3 users liked this post.
#604 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:32:30 PM(UTC)
Or you could just play the rest of the game and ignore the Lego part of it..it wont be hard

3rd expansion and more free cars..why would that get mentioned
Arent we already getting free cars in the playlist..for a little effort

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 11:36:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#605 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:34:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
Oh there's that immersion word again
Chuckle chuckle
I think of that when i plough through a rock wall or tree and jump of a 200ft cliff without damage

I fail to see how immersion is so hard for you to comprehend.
Why do you think people buy racing seats, steering wheels, multiple monitors and gaming PC`s for this game?

Its to immerse themselves in a racing experience....

Those who immerse themselves in the racing tend to not participate in the PR stunts and be fully immersed in driving properly - this will be a little difficult when your surrounded by Lego against your will.

Why is it so difficult for you to grasp?

Maybe they should go outside and drive an actual car instead of trying to immerse themselves in a game. It's a game! I practically drive a race car on the daily. I have more fun driving my actual car than playing the game. It's a game, so what Lego is the expansion. Get over it, it's happening whether you approve or not

I drive a fast car in real life, however laws of the road and the threat of death stop me from having too much fun. This is where games like Horizon have their appeal, nevermind the fact that I couldn't afford the vast majority of the cars in game.

You're right, it's just a game, however it's a game that's achieved its popularity through a mix of semi realistic performance and convincing open worlds. Both of those go head first out of the top floor window when there's lego cars with lego dudes driving around next to the real world car you've put time into creating/tuning etc.

They've been slowly but surely heading downhill with this franchise since Horizon 3 in my opinion, it's their game after all, but if they do continue down this route they'll lose a significant chunk of their base. I mean if it doesn't put you off then I'm happy for you but you clearly don't speak for the majority (on this forum at least). But hey maybe I'm wrong and in a few months maybe we'll be doing 200mph down the highway together in our plastic toy cars 🤦‍♂️
 2 users liked this post.
#606 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:36:09 PM(UTC)
i'm just curious to know if this an out of season april fool's joke?
 7 users liked this post.
#607 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:40:25 PM(UTC)
Or you could just play the rest of the game and ignore the Lego part of it..it wont be hard

Because that would be the only working way to save a huge part of the fanbase ?

As I said before, people with your mindset are a huge part of this problem and are also clearly to blame why this game keeps dying
 2 users liked this post.
#608 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:42:28 PM(UTC)
I feel like this expansion is gonna be ALOT of fun...check out this video

https://youtu.be/wIEgs9OYZ68

That would have been good as a normal map. Not as Lego.
#609 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:54:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: vanninman Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: OneTonSoap Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post
The very second I drive vs clown lego cars in ranked, from that point on, I have to quit the game, because it is absolutely ruined for me.

If the latest AR12 video is to be believed, lego cars will be allowed on the main land. So wether you like to play this expansion or not, there is still a high chance you will encounter lego cars during your gameplay... Sad...!

I just had it confirmed by Co pilot. built it yourself lego will be driveable on mainland.

Hope they were joking

That's where the immersion is broken, and even if you like the Lego part of the game that is going to ruin the main part of the game.
 6 users liked this post.
#610 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:56:48 PM(UTC)
"You want immersion? Go drive a real car!"

Sure, because apparently everyone here can afford a real car that costs more than their house. Because everyone here is apparently a millionaire or even billionaire.

I didn't know I was that rich!
#611 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 11:57:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: UPRPRC Erina Go to Quoted Post
I wonder what's if I use LEGO F40 or MINI at Forzathon Live like every hours at Mainland, How people would react? I bet someone would spam something at me and send PM with random profanities.
Since I liked LEGO F40 and Mini already, I would do it then.

However, If "NO LEGO DLC because I hate them!" was valid, then mine "NO WORORO HORN because I don't like them" should be valid too!!!!!!1

You can opt to turn horns off in the settings so you don't hear them. You can't opt to turn Lego cars off so you don't see them.
 1 user liked this post.
#612 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 12:00:30 AM(UTC)
They could make the Lego cars change into their real counterparts on the mainland. The Lego Senna changes into a regular Senna..etc.
#613 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 12:06:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: StatePuppet555 Go to Quoted Post
I'm not a huge fan of the FH3 Hot Wheels expansion, but my son (8) loves it. His head will explode when he sees the launch trailer for FH4 Lego. Fast cars and Lego. In the one place.

Yep, his mind is blown 😁 Bring it on, everything is awesome.
 2 users liked this post.
#614 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 12:18:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: huiop2 Go to Quoted Post
"You want immersion? Go drive a real car!"

Sure, because apparently everyone here can afford a real car that costs more than their house. Because everyone here is apparently a millionaire or even billionaire.

I didn't know I was that rich!

There is a thing called track days and driving experiences you know, they aren't even THAT expensive.
 1 user liked this post.
#615 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 12:27:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hieronymus1967 Go to Quoted Post
I'd make the Lego Mini a leaderboard car across every class.

The Master Builder has spoken 😉
 1 user liked this post.
#616 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 12:40:08 AM(UTC)
At E3 they also said that they want younger players in Forza Motorsport to. What are they going to change in motorsport to achieve that. The LEGO car pack is a start. They did it with the HOTWHEELS car pack in Motorsport 7, so why not. They should make a 3rd Forza game like FORZA JUNIOR RACING or FJ and put the Lego & Hotwheels in there. So the younger players would have their own Forza game.
And they can put even Barbie or Winnie the pooh in there. As long as it doesn't affect the FH & FM games what's the problem.
 5 users liked this post.
#617 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 12:49:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SchneeKobra9233 Go to Quoted Post

Because that would be the only working way to save a huge part of the fanbase ?

As I said before, people with your mindset are a huge part of this problem and are also clearly to blame why this game keeps dying

Actually its people like you that think the game is made specifically for them

What are YOU gonna do to change it
Bet you dont stop buying...lots said the same thing with hot wheels in fh3 ....yet here they are again
Same people that said they would never buy again..still playing and saying it again

I play these games for enjoyment ..not to be miserable

Edited by user Tuesday, June 11, 2019 12:50:14 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#618 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 12:52:18 AM(UTC)
Thought of another option a setting to full ghost them on main map and exclude from solo oh also photos like the animals and people.

Edited by user Tuesday, June 11, 2019 12:58:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

FORZA TIER 8 10530 Driving since August 2017
looking for mature ongoing players with mic to join team #AOS
facebook.com/vanninman twitter.com/vanninman1 twitch.tv/vanninman

#619 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:02:00 AM(UTC)
Back in 2013 some enterprising young person built this:
https://www.extremetech....ton-compresed-air-engine

and a quick search provides other examples of real life lego cars.

Just like the Halo Warthog.

Motorsport means 'competition in things powered by motors'. There are many different classes and the world would be very boring if we all liked the same things.

Personally and speaking only for myself I would like to see all hypercars banned from Horizon except as a 'Manufacturer's showcase event'!
 5 users liked this post.
#620 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:05:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sonic6L Go to Quoted Post

There is a thing called track days and driving experiences you know, they aren't even THAT expensive.

Been there, done it countless times (one of the advantages of living only ~45 minutes away from Hockenheim and ~2 hours away from the Nordschleife) in my private car and rentals.
But it's "just" that: a track day on tracks I've known for ages.
Horizon - naturally - provides new tracks with every installment. That's a huge part of the enjoyment for me. Motorsport - also logically - provides tracks I've been racing on over and over again for the last 20 years since Gran Turismo 1.
So neither "go play Motorsport" nor "race irl" are useful advices.

#621 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:19:32 AM(UTC)
When can we play the new DLC? I could download and install it, but don't see any lego options...
#622 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:25:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HollyD99 Go to Quoted Post
When can we play the new DLC? I could download and install it, but don't see any lego options...

Thursday, 13th of June.
 1 user liked this post.
#623 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:37:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: huiop2 Go to Quoted Post

After re reading the whole thread this post is still the best, the look on his face is so smug because he knows he has beaten us on our own turf.

#624 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:46:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: HollyD99 Go to Quoted Post

Thursday, 13th of June.

Is the the 5gb update that's been mentioned on here earlier?
I just loaded up the game expecting something to install but nothing happened....that made my day :)

So the good news is I have 2 days left to play Horizon.... might have to take 2 days off work and make the most of it.

6 users liked this post.
#625 Posted : Tuesday, June 11, 2019 1:47:51 AM(UTC)
Normally I'm not the person to complain or even text bad things online, but this is simply too much.

Instead of fixing the known issues like Server connection, Car engine sounds or the lack of missing cars they gave us this.

We'll have to look at lego cars in our horizon, this really killed my favorite game.

You simply can't play online without issues or you have to plug your ears because of the engine sounds, like a lawnmower on red bull screaming at you.

FH4 had the potential to become the greatest open-world racing game, but it just got ridiculous in so many ways.

So, yeah, back to RL i guess, that's it, and thanks to the great guys out there, with most of you it was a real great fun.

cheers
71 Pages<<2324252627>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error