71 Pages<<2122232425>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#551 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:19:45 PM(UTC)
You all play with legos right ?
crowd: starts booing

3 users liked this post.
#552 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:20:17 PM(UTC)
By watching stream that look more LEGO advertising that racing game DLC.

F40 C and Senna PI seems to be bit different that normal cars, so there is possiblity those are gonna be new bone shakers but in S2 class.
 4 users liked this post.
#553 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:23:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
I just hate the fact Lego cars will be in sight during regular gameplay. This will ruin the immersion and the realism of the game for me.

Gamers in general who own many sorts of games will not care too much as the game now has another aspect.

Who will be affected will be people who use the platform to simulate racing and make huge efforts to recreate race liveries for a true immersion.
Also those who simulate a car enthusiast experience - this could be painting, collecting or just cruizing and socializing and being proud of your wheels.

This game has always been promoted and accepted as a good quality racing / car enthusiasts game aimed at more mature car people, although a fair percentage of kids also play the majority of people expected a car experience - not a childs toy experience.

Luckily if the Lego cars ruin the whole experience and appear in freeroam and enter events outside Legoland there is the possibility for a refund or compensation as the game has always been accepted as part of a franchise that is much different to Lego land kiddie cars.

Lego speed is age rated at 7 - 14 by Lego, with this expansion a large percentage of the game is NOT as advertised ( E for Everyone). Consumer law can be used to gain a partial refund for the decreased value of the game OR a full refund if you actually don't want it anymore.

Basically if it is not as advertised and if its something that would have prevented you buying it you have the right to a full or partial refund according to consumer law.
Once the expansion drops I will decide if it affects me based on if I see the cars in freeroam or if they have a mechanical advantage that encourages their use during racing ( like the boneshaker) both of those scenarios for me will encourage a refund either in full or partial... we will see how it goes in a few days.

You take things too seriously.

maby but hes right
they are not gonna learn untill it hits there wallets

4 users liked this post.
#554 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:26:29 PM(UTC)
I just hate the fact Lego cars will be in sight during regular gameplay. This will ruin the immersion and the realism of the game for me.

Gamers in general who own many sorts of games will not care too much as the game now has another aspect.

Who will be affected will be people who use the platform to simulate racing and make huge efforts to recreate race liveries for a true immersion.
Also those who simulate a car enthusiast experience - this could be painting, collecting or just cruizing and socializing and being proud of your wheels.

This game has always been promoted and accepted as a good quality racing / car enthusiasts game aimed at more mature car people, although a fair percentage of kids also play the majority of people expected a car experience - not a childs toy experience.

Luckily if the Lego cars ruin the whole experience and appear in freeroam and enter events outside Legoland there is the possibility for a refund or compensation as the game has always been accepted as part of a franchise that is much different to Lego land kiddie cars.

Lego speed is age rated at 7 - 14 by Lego, with this expansion a large percentage of the game is NOT as advertised ( E for Everyone). Consumer law can be used to gain a partial refund for the decreased value of the game OR a full refund if you actually don't want it anymore.

Basically if it is not as advertised and if its something that would have prevented you buying it you have the right to a full or partial refund according to consumer law.
Once the expansion drops I will decide if it affects me based on if I see the cars in freeroam or if they have a mechanical advantage that encourages their use during racing ( like the boneshaker) both of those scenarios for me will encourage a refund either in full or partial... we will see how it goes in a few days.

You would be one the less affected ones, one who possibly has many video games of many genres?

I purchased the game for adult cars with real adult money, had i have seen Lego on the pack I wouldn't have purchased it.
I only have 2 games for the Xbox, FH3 & FH4, I have no interest in video games - just cars.
I am 52, why would I buy something that has 1/3 of its game play now aimed at 7-14 yrs old?

As I said I will see what happens when it drops - if it is saturated with over powered Lego cars in all events I wont play anymore, then I may as well get my money back - simple really.
The consumer law option is there for everyone who feels this way. If you want them to do something about this for future titles let them know by doing something about it. Refunds tend to get the point across better than complaining into the internet.

I don't want to see Lego in my car game.......its not that complex or serious, I just didn't buy it for this and never would have if I knew.

Consider Lego cars will most likely appear in Motorsport too as the Hotwheels cars did, neither of them have a place in the Forza titles, that's not how they were promoted.

4 users liked this post.
#555 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:27:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: deekay332 Go to Quoted Post

maby but hes right
they are not gonna learn untill it hits there wallets

It won’t lm a o. They obviously did their work if they’re releasing the expansion. I bet it’ll bring in a lot of money actually.
 4 users liked this post.
#556 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:29:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DashingLeper Go to Quoted Post
Well, this solves the mystery as to why all the songs got censored six ways to Sunday. It's to avoid the flak that would have come when Lego brings all the kids to Horizon.

Why, no: Horizon isn't a music and cars festival where grown-up racers do grown-racing things. We have seasons! Sheep! Dancing and clothes! Houses, not festival outposts! And now-- Lego!

It was no mystery
It was stated straight up why they were edited
This game is and always been rated E for Everyone
So had to edited to match that rating
For religious, age , race and gender and whatever else

That's just the way the world has become

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 5:31:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Self redacted lol

9 users liked this post.
#557 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:37:41 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Oh there's that immersion word again
Chuckle chuckle
I think of that when i plough through a rock wall or tree and jump of a 200ft cliff without damage

I fail to see how immersion is so hard for you to comprehend.
Why do you think people buy racing seats, steering wheels, multiple monitors and gaming PC`s for this game?

Its to immerse themselves in a racing experience....

Those who immerse themselves in the racing tend to not participate in the PR stunts and be fully immersed in driving properly - this will be a little difficult when your surrounded by Lego against your will.

Why is it so difficult for you to grasp?

4 users liked this post.
#558 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:48:36 PM(UTC)
*removed*

Edited by user Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:43:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Learning on English. If you don't welcome person like myself, just leave me alone. Thanks.
 2 users liked this post.
#559 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:51:04 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post
The very second I drive vs clown lego cars in ranked, from that point on, I have to quit the game, because it is absolutely ruined for me.

If the latest AR12 video is to be believed, lego cars will be allowed on the main land. So wether you like to play this expansion or not, there is still a high chance you will encounter lego cars during your gameplay... Sad...!

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 5:52:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#560 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:55:37 PM(UTC)
Like a lot of people have said, if it had been mentioned at the start that one of the expansions was going to be like this one, I too would have not purchased the game. It is the last time I buy a game in pre-order. I'm not blaming them for my pre-purchase, I am blaming them for withholding information. The issue is, if you do not purchase the game for day 1 play, there is a chance you'll miss out on content as part of their events. The Horizon series is not supposed to be realistic, it does work (or used to work well) as a disconnect from the real world using real world vehicles. I fail to see how some people seem to see the T10/PG behavior as being OK. It's OK for them to take our money and gives us an incomplete product. They seem to think that quantity is better than quality. And because of this, they keep pushing out this type of content. For me, FH4 is the worst release so far.
 3 users liked this post.
#561 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 5:57:20 PM(UTC)
It was bad enough when Forza Horizon became the Fortnite of racing games. Not only can we play dolly dress-ups, we can now play with Legos.

(yes, I know "Lego" is the plural)
 14 users liked this post.
#562 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 6:01:07 PM(UTC)
Chuckle chuckle
I think of that when i plough through a rock wall or tree and jump of a 200ft cliff without damage

Immersion takes dedication.
I got curious and looked you up on true achievements, it seems you have 690 games. Wheres the dedication to this game?

Then I was looking at your game list - 22 Lego games ! now I fully understand why your so looking forward to this... geez mate, and I thought by how often you posted here you were a car guy?

7 users liked this post.
#563 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 6:03:13 PM(UTC)
I didn't leave forza . Forza left me. Forza motorsport 4 was the pinnacle of the series and every game since then has gotten worse and forza horizon 4 is by far the worst. The emphasis on drifting repelled me from this game (along with that silly emote stuff) and this ridiculous expansion was the last knail.
#564 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 6:03:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: OneTonSoap Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post
The very second I drive vs clown lego cars in ranked, from that point on, I have to quit the game, because it is absolutely ruined for me.

If the latest AR12 video is to be believed, lego cars will be allowed on the main land. So wether you like to play this expansion or not, there is still a high chance you will encounter lego cars during your gameplay... Sad...!

I just had it confirmed by Co pilot. built it yourself lego will be driveable on mainland.

FORZA TIER 8 10530 Driving since August 2017
looking for mature ongoing players with mic to join team #AOS
facebook.com/vanninman twitter.com/vanninman1 twitch.tv/vanninman

3 users liked this post.
#565 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 6:09:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EndOfLine82 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SchneeKobra9233 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CJoke23 Go to Quoted Post
Funfact: on twitter and youtube the most people love the Lego-Expansion

People on twitter and yt liked captain marvel and the last jedi too

And? What is your point? Those were both good films.

Oh, I'm sorry. Did neither cater to the fanboi?

EDIT: BTW, here's a case of margarita mix. This thread is so salty... LOL

When I google your gamer-tag I get an Instagram profile with the same handle of someone claiming to work as a "Magic Maker at Disney Parks," slight bias maybe?
 1 user liked this post.
#566 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 6:21:18 PM(UTC)
At least there will be other "normal" cars like in the HotWheels expansion right? It can't be just 3 cars I hope.
#567 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 6:27:17 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: deekay332 Go to Quoted Post
You all play with legos right ?
crowd: starts booing

Then one guy stands up and goes to the devs: "I was wondering... Is this an out-of-season April foolsday joke...?"
 2 users liked this post.
#568 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 6:31:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ZeroTypeR54 Go to Quoted Post
I had gotten to about 29% completion (and wanted to rip my hair out the entire way) at which point I realized something, this is stupid:

- The AI is annoying
- The races are stressful
- The objectives are stressful
- This is not fun for me

All for a car? A car? I'm going to potentially put myself in danger of a mental breakdown for a car!? No.

And so I gave up and decided to do what I actually 'like' to do in this game: Race on my created tracks, Occasionally PvP.

- No more stories outside of new business quests (it's not like I played them anyway).
- No more Seasonal Objectives, I don't even care if the 599XX Evo is offered again, I refuse.

I'm done dude.

Video games aren't for everyone. I hope you find peace
 1 user liked this post.
#569 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 6:41:56 PM(UTC)
Please Forza, make another racing franchise for toddlers and leave this stuff out of Horizon. : (
 5 users liked this post.
#570 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 6:48:35 PM(UTC)
Chuckle chuckle

I got curious and looked you up on true achievements, it seems you have 690 games. Wheres the dedication to this game?

Then I was looking at your game list - 22 Lego games ! now I fully understand why your so looking forward to this... geez mate, and I thought by how often you posted here you were a car guy?

Originally Posted by: Perfect Dark 51 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: EndOfLine82 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SchneeKobra9233 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CJoke23 Go to Quoted Post
Funfact: on twitter and youtube the most people love the Lego-Expansion

People on twitter and yt liked captain marvel and the last jedi too

And? What is your point? Those were both good films.

Oh, I'm sorry. Did neither cater to the fanboi?

EDIT: BTW, here's a case of margarita mix. This thread is so salty... LOL

When I google your gamer-tag I get an Instagram profile with the same handle of someone claiming to work as a "Magic Maker at Disney Parks," slight bias maybe?

Really? We are really going to stoop to creeping on people because we disagree with them? Ad hominem much? Argue your with your point, not by getting back door information that has nothing to do with the conversation.
#571 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:01:10 PM(UTC)
Magnum PI over here. *chuckle* Complete chaos has now been achieved. And now I can't unsee that baby picture ... nor not picture it whenever I hear about how cool legos are. Maybe things have gone too far. Is that what a normal person's supposed to say?

How about a Magnum PI expansion? Finally have the 308, and a new game mode where you follow people, have car chases, indiscreet cars changing AI target behavior, get the cops involved, have a cops and robbers game mode for PvP play, palm trees, Hawaiian shirts. I pull better ideas out my posterior.

Bad ideas happen, but it's the change in direction that I really don't like. It's short-sighted. This series has grown as its core has gotten closer to FM, not farther. FH1 through FH3. The market hasn't spoken yet about the trend toward the younger players. All the drama that goes on in here, the average player isnt caught up in. But when everyone playing is seeing the change while they're playing, I wonder how well the game will do. Whenever a new title is about to come, they're at E3 trying to sell how beautiful it is and how realistic it looks and how good the driving experience is ... while being able to drive anywhere in an open world. That's the brand that got them here.
 2 users liked this post.
#572 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:03:53 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DashingLeper Go to Quoted Post
Well, this solves the mystery as to why all the songs got censored six ways to Sunday. It's to avoid the flak that would have come when Lego brings all the kids to Horizon.

Why, no: Horizon isn't a music and cars festival where grown-up racers do grown-racing things. We have seasons! Sheep! Dancing and clothes! Houses, not festival outposts! And now-- Lego!

It was no mystery
It was stated straight up why they were edited
This game is and always been rated E for Everyone
So had to edited to match that rating
For religious, age , race and gender and whatever else

That's just the way the world has become

I could very easily see PG letting the music slide by the ESRB rating, but it was Lego who approached PG and said "We will not proceed with this licensing deal until the game abides with its 'E' Rating..."

The Lego deal could have been the stick (or stepped-on brick, as it where) that prodded them to blank out album covers and remove questionable lyrics.
 4 users liked this post.
#573 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:14:18 PM(UTC)
Chuckle chuckle

So, just because he likes LEGO he’s not a car guy. Never go full retard.
 7 users liked this post.
#574 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:28:08 PM(UTC)
Chuckle chuckle

Lol now i have Evil Brian stalking me
I play a bit of everything but mostly Forza..still have time to 100% the playlist if i wanted ..over 5-6 accounts too
All at least Forza rewards tier 8
Are you gonna stalk them too lol
And that's whilst playing hundreds of other games
But i'm not Evil and pretend about immersion
And yes i have a steering wheel and cockpit setup too
But it's for fun..not pretending im something I'm not

Do you wear driver gear as well while playing..suit,gloves, boots and helmet

I have never claimed to be a car guy but i do have interest in cars not just forza though
Whilst stalking did you notice my completion levels in forza and the other car "games"..probably a lot more than 22..
Forza..100% in all except 3 which are 95% or similar

Didnt realize its a crime to have more than 1 game

What else do you want to know mr Evil
I work 50-55 hours a week full time
Guess what i do for a job...i drive
Im happily married
Ive done a few laps at Bathurst..and i must say that driving it in a game is nothing compared to real life
Ive driven a rally car
Time management is a virtue

Also i have never said i support or like the fact that Lego has come to Forza either ..just said it might be fun

Oh if you are such a "car guy" you would know that the Hot Wheels cars added in Forza are actual real life cars

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 8:13:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#575 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 7:28:53 PM(UTC)

I fail to see how immersion is so hard for you to comprehend.
Why do you think people buy racing seats, steering wheels, multiple monitors and gaming PC`s for this game?

Its to immerse themselves in a racing experience....

Those who immerse themselves in the racing tend to not participate in the PR stunts and be fully immersed in driving properly - this will be a little difficult when your surrounded by Lego against your will.

Why is it so difficult for you to grasp?

"Because it's an arcade racer bro, if you want sim go play Motorsp..." POW! Straight left, overhand right! Down goes Frazier! 😂😂😂😂 No point in stating your opinion on here and backing it up with simple to understand reasoning. Some people are just never gonna get your point of view. It's one thing to disagree but to simply "Not grasp" another's opinion is why we get so angry and separated. Of course some people just love to troll because they have nothing better to do.

Just go back to H3 and you'll have fun again and be immersed in what the Horizon series used to be. Minus Hot Wheels of course. H4 is what it is. The worst game in the franchise for those of us who prefer tuning, rivals, clean competitive racing and immersion.

If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
71 Pages<<2122232425>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error