71 Pages<<1920212223>>PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
#501 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:53:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post
Could be worse. Could be a Mario Kart expansion!

Mario Kart DS was actually a superb game that could be enjoyed by adults just fine. A group of us used to race against each other at lunchtimes at work via WiFi LAN. It was 100% "anything goes". If the game allowed you to do it, it was legit. Nobody saying rammers should be reported.

The problem with FH4 is they just don't seem to be able to make their minds up. RK has posted on here that rammers should be reported, so the implication is you shouldn't ram people. So when someone rams you, you feel aggrieved, because they're doing something it seems is against the rules, but at the same time the game itself does nothing to enforce those rules.

So IMO going full Mario Kart style "anything goes" would be an improvement, at least it would align the rules with what the game actually enforces.

That, they already tried, remember, it was team Adventure, the only online mode at release time, cause majority of legacy FH excellent players to leave the game, sometimes to leave Xbox for good. Game team felt the pain so hard that they finally decided to change it despite it would not bring more players, just stop the bleed.

Wall ride is over, corner bombing is over, ramming still that is for sure ...but it seems we are all tired to repeat. Going back ? no way, may be on FH5 ...

3 users liked this post.
#502 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:55:25 PM(UTC)
@DunkelheitVZ
Honestly, we as forum users are not representative. Data from the millions of players is.
Data shows which DLC got accepted the most, which DLC-cars were bought the most, which modes/features were used the most.
And in the end, if PG can accumulate two new customers at the cost of one of us, they'll do it and as a company they have to.
Sure, we invest way more time in this game than most players and probably have the deepest knowledge of the player base but this doesn't make us more valuable than any other customer.

As far as I can tell by the numbers "Hot Wheels" was a success and I'm sure LEGO will be too.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 12:55:59 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#503 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:57:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: E30GrrR Go to Quoted Post
I think Turn 10 and Microsoft have more to do with this decision than Playground, they just cant come out and expose their parent companies. Maybe their hands are tied? It's the only explanation I can think of for them making this rubbish. I also agree that it is all about the money, they know that loyal fans dont want this, but what's a few thousand pre-orders to them.

What annoys me also is the Goodwood videos around the release of Horizon 4, I'm not particularly a huge fan of Goodwood, but a circuit and Hillclimb would of been satisfactory for an expansion. Now why tease us with those videos, is it coming but as extra DLC? I would be so **** ed if they did that.

I also think Horizon has completely overtaken Motorsport sales and popularity, so Turn 10 are trying to strangle Horizon so we get hyped for the next Motorsport. If it's on next gen console then they are going to try their hardest to get sales, including pulling this Lego stunt to kill the Horizon series for a while.

Oh my gosh yes!

Hillclimbs and associated cars would have been a great expansion.
 3 users liked this post.
#504 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:10:01 PM(UTC)
I'm still chuckling lol
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡
 4 users liked this post.
#505 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:19:55 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

I really expected an expansion that opened up more of Scotland. What a missed opportunity to take this franchise in a new fresh and beautiful direction. Instead it's become a farce of stupid characters, childish interface and content.

They should be aiming to make this game classy and polished, like a Porsche 911 Carrera S, in reality it's like a Focus RS.. wrapped in lime green. Now with Lego blocks dinosaurs and pirates thrown in. Hot wheels cars has been enough of a nightmare, I plainly refuse to use them no matter how OP they are, but if we are going to see Lego cars flying around the normal map, that will totally kill the immersion and realism that keeps me playing.

Edited by user Wednesday, June 26, 2019 12:38:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

E30
 5 users liked this post.
#506 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:24:39 PM(UTC)
I feel like a lot of Motorsport players are here. Talking about realism and immersion. You want that go drive a real car, graphics are amazing but there’s an occasional red(stop) light. I play Horizon to have fun while playing a video game. And the LEGO expansion will serve well. I get to judge details between the actual LEGO Senna I have and the video game one.
 2 users liked this post.
#507 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:25:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
@DunkelheitVZ
Honestly, we as forum users are not representative. Data from the millions of players is.
Data shows which DLC got accepted the most, which DLC-cars were bought the most, which modes/features were used the most.
And in the end, if PG can accumulate two new customers at the cost of one of us, they'll do it and as a company they have to.
Sure, we invest way more time in this game than most players and probably have the deepest knowledge of the player base but this doesn't make us more valuable than any other customer.

As far as I can tell by the numbers "Hot Wheels" was a success and I'm sure LEGO will be too.

Agree, we are few, but we are truth customers.

What is the other reliable source of feedback they could possibly have ?
Why did they finally changed their mind on Team Adventure ?
Why wall riding had a fix ?
Why Rivals on its way back ?

Concerning hot wheels, I played FH3 more than 1000 hours and I remember only one time meeting people willing to have a race over there.

Lego forza can be a success, it could have been a stand alone game. Scalability of concept based of FH engine is huge. The only thing is that it has nothing to do with FH.

4 users liked this post.
#508 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:27:30 PM(UTC)
This looks like it's going to be a load of fun. Thanks!
 5 users liked this post.
#509 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:28:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post
I feel like a lot of Motorsport players are here. Talking about realism and immersion. You want that go drive a real car, graphics are amazing but there’s an occasional red(stop) light. I play Horizon to have fun while playing a video game. And the LEGO expansion will serve well. I get to judge details between the actual LEGO Senna I have and the video game one.

Not a motorsport player at all, I am pure FH player and if one wants full arcade, there is need for speed, dangerous driving ... Just a look at the game when starting it, no cartoon there, isn't it? you see realistic landscape with realistic cars, this is FH.

#510 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:29:32 PM(UTC)
Well I'm massively disappointed, but my 6 year old nephews are going to think it's the greatest thing ever, which I guess is the point.
 14 users liked this post.
#511 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:30:41 PM(UTC)

You do know the vast majority of players aren't millionaires right, the only chance we get to experience these cars is through a game. Forza motorsport restricts you to a track, Forza Horizon allows you to take that car and go anywhere with it. We all play Horizon for fun but this is taking it too far, if kids want to play LEGO racers then let them play a game that was built from the ground up to do that. Don't add that garbage to a game that's foundation was built on the Forza legacy, it has no place in a Forza title and it's ridiculous.
 4 users liked this post.
#512 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:32:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: E30GrrR Go to Quoted Post
Let's keep going, maybe if we reach 1000 pages they might just make some original, straight forward, no **** expansion that actually has some real cars and roads.

Nah, you got what you got. Personally, after Hot Wheels, I held off buying anything until the second expansion dropped. I was simultaneously disappointed and not disappointed.

After the slow slide toward sponsored car packs and then Hot Wheels, you can guarantee that future expansions for any Forza series will be born from decisions made in boardrooms between marketing executives rather than creatives being creative.
#513 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:38:32 PM(UTC)
The smart thing to do would've been make LEGO the standalone and make Forza Street the expansion.
#514 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:45:11 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: StudentDriverBR Go to Quoted Post
I still without believe i has 100% sure will be Hot Wheels but its the worst possible seriously please show me somenthing worst than Lego? Hot Wheels its a racing cartoon make sense and all Hot Wheels we have ingame are real but they make a expansion about a piece of plastic made for kids create thinks (real life version of minecraft) just why?

HUH?????
 2 users liked this post.
#515 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:51:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
I'm still chuckling lol
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Lots of feelings in here, which explains alot. Plenty of the comments start with "I feel"

I feel this, I feel that. Logically speaking, none of our suggestions were EVER gonna be considered when it came to expansions. They probably had both expansions figured out before the game even released. None of the bickering is gonna stop the release or change the expansion
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track. 🏁🏁

FH4 and I HAD a volatile love/hate relationship 😑

Hopefully FH5 will treat me better 😬😬
 3 users liked this post.
#516 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:52:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SBusAsCensored Go to Quoted Post
The smart thing to do would've been make LEGO the standalone and make Forza Street the expansion.

Have you actually played Forza street
Its barely a game.
Its hold one button then release

It's comments like this that keep me chuckling 🤡🤡🤡

Along with the i thought it would be or i wanted
Toyota
Go karts
Motorbikes
Japan
Oh forgot hot wheels 2.0..

I go back and watch the trailer and i chuckle some more
🤡🤡🤡🤡🤡

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 2:13:56 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#517 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:01:17 PM(UTC)

You are still not getting the point. But judging by your other comments I think you just don't want to get it. You couldn't be THAT dumb....
 4 users liked this post.
#518 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:17:19 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post

You are still not getting the point. But judging by your other comments I think you just don't want to get it. You couldn't be THAT dumb....

He is just trolling so yeah he dont want to even try to understand any of the point others say that dont like all kinda stupid things.

@clutch63 Really big new flash we "motorsport players" play horizon also to have fun while playing video games.
 3 users liked this post.
#519 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:18:53 PM(UTC)
I feel like this expansion is gonna be ALOT of fun...check out this video

https://youtu.be/wIEgs9OYZ68

5 users liked this post.
#520 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:20:08 PM(UTC)
Thank you for finally confirming your new business model for this franchise that includes one real expansion and a half-hearted moneygrab for the second. Consumers will keep this in mind for future purchases.
 9 users liked this post.
#521 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:22:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CombatantPaper Go to Quoted Post
Loving the negative comments here. You haven't seen or played it yet you instantly dismiss a fun idea. FH4 is a video GAME. Not reality, not like real life, it's a game. I'm sure the expansion will be a lot of fun to play. If you want to play a sim then play motorsport instead.

And yet again another "g0 pLaY m0ToRsPort' if you want a sim comment. If we wanted to play Motorsport we would play it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Gahhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!!!! Why can't people grasp that a lot of us ONLY like the Horzon series because it is NOT JUST TRACK RACING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It's all terrains in an open world environment that started out as a more serious car enthusiast racer but not a super serious sim racer. This is what the 1st 3 games were until the HW expansion. And even though I didn't enjoy the HW expansion I loved Blizzard Mountain and played online all the time there. I wasn't thrilled that the 2nd expansion was Hot Wheels but I still had the option of playing the other expansion online. Fast forward to H4 and the 1st expansion releases with...drumroll...NO MULTIPLAYER!!!!! So we get robbed on MP for the 1st time in the Franchise history. Welp maybe we will get something cool in the 2nd expansion with MP. NOPE! Lego Forza.
If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
 2 users liked this post.
#522 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:28:25 PM(UTC)
Screw u forza I will not be getting expansions in the future firstly you give us the the rubbish hot wheels expansion and now Lego LEGO are you serious what a waste of money it’s a car game a racing game if I wanted a fortnight slash mine craft slash childs game I would get them I didn’t pay for this stuff , you’re quest for younger players is loosing your older fans why could you not give us something real like Isle of Man or Ireland with good roads and cars not this stuff you’re killing horizons fools
 1 user liked this post.
#523 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:31:08 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

IMO driving with LEGO car just look so stupid. And i cant be thinkink how mutch potential map would be without any LEGO stuff.

3 users liked this post.
#524 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:36:51 PM(UTC)
I have no one to blame but myself for ordering the ultimate edition. Even though I got it on sale I genuinely don’t want this DLC even though I’ve already paid for it. I don’t want to use it, play it, or see others using the ridiculous cars to set leaderboard breaking times (which they inevitably will)

I know that this DLC is partially funding the free improvements to Forza 7 that have been slow but promising, and that is the ONLY reason I did not completely give up on Turn10.

Why are Turn10 and PG so bad at DLC? Nothing they have released outside of car packs is well implemented, no expansions in any Forza game have replay value unless they are large car packs. And TBH the car packs lately have been lackluster at best.

Forza 7 needs tracks for free with paid car packs to support the development. Forza Horizon needs a free map expansion that is built seamlessly into the game world with paid car packs to support it. Easy formula that works well for other developers yet Turn10 is too stubborn to adopt it.

Gran Turismo and Midnight Club LA are two great examples of a decent DLC strategy. I don’t care for DLC in general but if DLC means post launch support then I will accept it.

I will stop preordering games. I should have stopped sooner, the writing was on the wall long before this. If I must speak with my wallet so be it. I do enjoy the base game of Forza Horizon but I don’t enjoy the way it has evolved into a FTP checklist I must complete every week to earn rewards. I didn’t enjoy the first expansion much and I can’t imagine LEGO will captivate me any more. But seeing as I already paid for it without knowing what it was, I will try it out.

However, my money will be spent post release from now on.
 1 user liked this post.
#525 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:38:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

IMO driving with LEGO car just look so stupid. And i cant be thinkink how mutch potential map would be without any LEGO stuff.

Yeah maybe but i'm not thinking that hard about it. I just wanna explore some new areas. The area probably would be really fun without the lego stuff but this is Horizon so its fine, a nice little twist. I'm even gonna take the day off on thursday cause I'm pretty sure i'll feel like playing this the entire day

71 Pages<<1920212223>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error