71 Pages<<1718192021>>PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#451 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 9:44:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: jasonr71 Go to Quoted Post
Turn 10, you might as well murder Forza 7 while you're at it, by adding Lego drivers to Forza 7.

Bring out an expansion 'Mario Karts' for Forza 7! Lol

its like adding lego starwars stuff to battlefield...like a bad april joke
 6 users liked this post.
#452 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 9:46:02 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sendo Tenshi Go to Quoted Post
I'm enjoying the fragile masculinity of some of the comments across different forums. It's quite amazing. I'm sure these same "gamers" have a Nintendo Switch (which is super not-alpha bro) or some sort of anime game on PS4/Steam, but it's the Lego expansion that's crossing the line. LOL

Imagine being against fun. I wonder if you drive the Senna 200mph into a wall, does it crumble?

Everyones idea of fun is different. So some will like this expansion, some wont. Some would have a initial strong kneejerk reaction to the annoucnment, some wont. Some will be excited for it, some wont. And some will be on the fence waiting to try it before forming an opinion on the matter.

It really isnt a case of "fragile masculinity", or anything else other than some people just never expected/wanted lego to be part of Forza. And that is a perfectaly valid opinion for them to hold. No one can tell anyone else what should be fun to them, we only know what we find fun for ourselves.

Anyone saying they got fooled and ripped off for buying the expansion pass/ultimate edition; you really didnt. You paid for 2 very unknown expansion packs long before they was announced, you cant blame T10 or Playground for that. As game developers, they have the right to do what they please with their games. If they think this will work, thats on them. But you cant blame them for buying into the expansion pass system, thats on all of you for buying it. I am included in that as well, as I own the ultimate edition of FH4. I am not exactly enamoured with the Lego expansion either, but I will be trying it at the very least. But thats the risk we take for buying everything day one and not waiting to see what is coming out as DLC first.
 5 users liked this post.
#453 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 9:49:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jadigafer7 Go to Quoted Post
Introduction Mclaren Senna Lego Gameplay:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wIEgs9OYZ68

Welcome to LEGO Valley!

Brickchester City.... Airfield with planes taking off.... Stunt Park.... Dinosaurs.... Pirate Ships.... Ghosts.... UFOs....

Relax people... you don't want to play with LEGO don't go to LEGO Valley.... I highly doubt all the drivatars are going to turn into LEGO Sennas, F40s, and Mini's on the Mainland.

Bottom line: This is and will be a very successful marketing strategy whether Forza fans like it or not. LEGO is the largest and strongest toy company brand in the world, in February 2015 it was deemed the "worlds most powerful/strongest brand" (overtaking Ferrari at the time. Ferrari has since reclaimed that title in 2019 based on Brand Finance Reports). The fact of the matter is that there are a whole lot more fans and customers that PG/Turn 10 will bring in than they will lose with this move. PG/Turn 10 are a business and the one true purpose of a commercial business is to make money. A key component to this is the ability to appeal to as large an audience as possible. This move will most definitely result in an increased fan base.

Exactly this. Well said
 5 users liked this post.
#454 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 9:49:58 AM(UTC)
I'm enjoying the fragile masculinity of some of the comments across different forums. It's quite amazing. I'm sure these same "gamers" have a Nintendo Switch (which is super not-alpha bro) or some sort of anime game on PS4/Steam, but it's the Lego expansion that's crossing the line. LOL

Imagine being against fun. I wonder if you drive the Senna 200mph into a wall, does it crumble?

What does this even mean? How is this relevant to anything?

Also I think you've misunderstood. I'm willing to bet that alot of the people who dislike this DLC likes (or used to when younger) LEGO. But its the combination of Forza Horizon and LEGO that doesn't fit.

7 users liked this post.
#455 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 9:51:32 AM(UTC)
After the addition of emotes and all the other nonsense at the expense of decent sound engineering and due diligence with regards to 90% of the vehicles in the game, the absolute disregard of car culture as a whole and the same car modification that's been in the series since Motorsport 3 or 4, I fell out of love with the series as a whole but still enjoyed it for what it was - a mediocre, dude broish racer that was still fun for tearing around as the map was very good.

This however is it for me, I'll take NFS over this if this is the direction they're heading in. Zero interest in what the paying customer asks of them. There are multiple sim racers on the market that top the Motorsport series and now even a very average open world racer will top what this franchise has become. Thanks for Horizon 1,2 and to an extent 3, but you can keep your toy car simulator k thanks

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 9:52:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#456 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 9:53:36 AM(UTC)
My last Nintendo was a super Nintendo, I have no problem with LEGO. The Lego Epansion is the problem. Please no Lego in my favorite game. This should be a stand-alone game and NOT an EXPANSION. this FORUM wouldn't exist if they did that.
 7 users liked this post.
#457 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 9:56:05 AM(UTC)
I have to add my two pence just for sheer weight of numbers.

Microsoft took our Ultimate Edition pre-order cash and spent it on marketing material for a partner billion-dollar company. I'm baffled.

Also, as another user pointed out, expansions are often as much fun for the cars they include. But this must surely be the first Forza expansion not to include any actual car?
 3 users liked this post.
#458 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:00:12 AM(UTC)

“Fragile masculinity” hahaha... 1) Not liking an expansion means you don’t like it, end of story. 2) That’s not even a thing, just some silly buzzworthy phrase that people with insanely thin skin use.

Anyway, I’m sure the expansion will be fun, but to call it a disappointment is definitely an understatement.... really thought we’d get something special this time.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 10:01:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#459 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:01:33 AM(UTC)
with so many people not liking and wanting this DLC, will be interesting to see how/if turn10/PG respond and they mention it on Forza Monthly
#460 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:05:05 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DottierLearner8 Go to Quoted Post
I have to add my two pence just for sheer weight of numbers.

Microsoft took our Ultimate Edition pre-order cash and spent it on marketing material for a partner billion-dollar company. I'm baffled.

Also, as another user pointed out, expansions are often as much fun for the cars they include. But this must surely be the first Forza expansion not to include any actual car?

You will get many of Lego cars. What do you want more? I don't know what everybody does with the cars but even 150 cars is good for similar game. But we have 600+ already. My game box says 450 cars, which is great too.
 2 users liked this post.
#461 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:06:49 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: staituk Go to Quoted Post
with so many people not liking and wanting this DLC, will be interesting to see how/if turn10/PG respond and they mention it on Forza Monthly

Based on how often the live chat comments on their streams are over 50% “stop” and “fix the game” and the hosts just brush it off, I’d guess they’ll approach it as if the response has been totally positive. Not that I could blame them, admitting you messed up in this world gets you plastered and shamed all over social media.
 2 users liked this post.
#462 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:07:40 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dragnet Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: huiop2 Go to Quoted Post
Ah, I was wondering what the word "Hieronymus" meant after a moderator wrote it while editing my reply. I even looked it up on Google. Turns out it's just your ID LOL.

Hieronymus and LOL do not mix. Ever.

EVER.

#463 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:09:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: capimeeen Go to Quoted Post

What does this even mean? How is this relevant to anything?

Also I think you've misunderstood. I'm willing to bet that alot of the people who dislike this DLC likes (or used to when younger) LEGO. But its the combination of Forza Horizon and LEGO that doesn't fit.

I think everyone is misunderstanding what I am referring to and it's not about being disappointed in the expansion. Of course, you can be and have a right to voice it.

"Fragile masculinity" is referring to comments, as I stated, "across different forums", like, for example:

"The possible prospect of LEGO cars appearing in existing car divisions, and thereby in events on the base game map makes me sick."
"How can anyone over 21 not be ashamed to play this. Im not downloading this...."

Really? The mere appearance of Lego in the game and the demand it can't be "seen" certainly is "fragile". I hope that clears any misunderstanding.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 10:12:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#464 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:10:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: staituk Go to Quoted Post

I wouldn't hold your breath waiting on that.

Does this threads remind anybody else of the Monday after Hot Wheels was announced? Basically the same comments just change Lego to Hot Wheels.
 1 user liked this post.
#465 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:13:52 AM(UTC)
While it may not be something I even thought of possibly asking for it is not more drifting, hoonigan or hot wheels so I'm ready to give it a try. End of the day, it is a game and it is a game no where near any true sense of reality so sure, lego, why not? I'm going to play it and get what enjoyment I can. At worst, it is a goof. The real lego cars are pretty awesome having seen several at car shows.

As long as it is not broken, or broken any worse than the rest of he game, I'm ready for a bit of a goof. The devs are at the end of their rope, that is obvious, but is it because they are tied to such an archaic base code or they are just tired and need some fresh yes and new blood. Maybe this will upset the elitists enough that they leave the franchise and the devs will be able to refresh huge sections of the games that they fan-bois just can't let go of (same tunes and paints for over 10 years, etc.).

I've said it before, it is a game, it is a way to spend your entertainment time and it will do nothing to improve your life so take it a little less seriously and if you get no fun out of it, move on. I have been extremely critical over the failings of the game but I still love playing but I will drop it like a hot rock when I can no longer get any fun out of it.
#466 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:15:37 AM(UTC)
You know what, it's completely messed up.

Not what I would've asked for or expected, to say the least.

And think of the damage it'll do to the fanbase, the people I like to race against online, which is what we spend most of the time doing in this game.

Having said all that, I'll give it a go, suck out all the discoverables and then go back to racing on the mainland, pretty much like we all did after Fortune Island was spent.

Will I buy another Ultimate Edition? Probably not. To be fair though, I might not have bought the Hot Wheels expansion last time if it was a separate purchase and I ended up enjoying it.

Will I buy another Forza Horizon? I suspect I'll have to wait until the new console is out to properly answer that question. Despite everything it still ranks for me as a great open world racing game.

One thing I am looking forward to is racing Lego cars in the main game and laughing maniacally at all the people I'll be annoying.

Which will probably last an afternoon.

If this had been announced in April, I'd be looking for the punchline. An earlier post made a reference to 'Jumping the Shark' - the point at which franchise creators get either so bored and/or so arrogant, they figure they can foist just about anything on an adoring public. I don't want to sound like some miserable old killjoy, but this might be it.

On the upside, I've been spending far too much time playing the game. Could this be the reality check I needed?
 4 users liked this post.
#467 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:20:01 AM(UTC)

Non of these posts have a single thing to do with masculinity... not one. Its about putting an expansion into a game where it clearly doesn't fit. Numerous people have stated there is nothing wrong with lego, nothing at all, its about the setting. If i want to play a silly game, ill play a silly game... ill pick up my switch and have a blast on that. If i want to play a lego game, ill go and play any of the lego titles that have been released. They all fit into their specific genres perfectly. Horizon 4 is not the game to be entertaining a lego expansion, it is a simcade racer, fairly realistic looking etc etc. Banging a lego expansion into it not only ruins the aesthetic of the game, it breaks immersion and is also WAY off the mark of any kind of content the majority of the players of this game want. It just does not fit.

Also - Whilst hotwheels isn't exactly great - at least the cars look somewhat real, fit into the game and have some real life counterparts. It fits, its not perfect, but it fits and doesn't break immersion.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 10:24:12 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Please check out my Creative Hub :)

1 user liked this post.
#468 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:21:55 AM(UTC)
It's clear that the larger community were ignored with this expansion, I agree an Isle of Man circuit would have been an amazing expansion, even opening up the Queen's Ferry Crossing at Edinburgh and including Knockhill within the game or adding in the Galloway Forrest Park for some serious rally events.

However I've begun to understand that Horizon is not based on a 'Real Driving' simulation environment, there has always been the side of Horizon which brings 'Fun' to the series.

Each game has in its own account 'stepped up' the physical aspects within, such as bilizzard mountain 'a weather dynamic' expansion which was a beta for FH4 seasons. Hot wheels that introduced other dynamic and logical data whilst appealing to a younger audience.

We could have guessed that something such as 'Lego' would come to the game considering the influx of Lego racers both Technic and Standard block designs. A full fledged Bugatti made from Lego was a starting base for Lego becoming involved in the racing Industry.

Chairmen between franchises clicked that Speed Champions mixed with Horizons Dynamics was the next logical step saving Lego having to start from scratch building a racing game, and no doubt opening a door for the future 'A full Lego racing game'.

I understand that those who believe Horizon is suppose to be a 'Real Driving' game will be highly p'eed, and I accept this, but 'Forza' as a whole is changing tatics.

1. Motorsports = Real Driving
2. Forza = A mix of 'Feeling' the real driving but also having that younger audience able to play hence Hot wheels previously and now Lego
3. Forza Street = A mobile game for a quick fix

They meaning Microsoft, Turn 10 and PG are working to make 'Forza' the goto name for any racing requirements.

So what do I personally think about the expansion?

I can see myself and my son bonding more, as we both have an interest with Forza and Lego, and if it brings some laughter to him at 11 year old then fair play, and in all honesty the kid in me is looking forward to flying smashing everything in my way. Although I'll pass on online racing against a Lego brick v a Real Car hopefully they block this from occuring (although I know it's unlikely to be the case).

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 10:24:05 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#469 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:23:27 AM(UTC)
All those saying that you'll never play again, this is the end... you're wrong! ...

...in a couple of months you'll find yourself getting out the Lego once more!!!
 2 users liked this post.
#470 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:31:53 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ialyrn Go to Quoted Post

Everyones idea of fun is different. So some will like this expansion, some wont. Some would have a initial strong kneejerk reaction to the annoucnment, some wont. Some will be excited for it, some wont. And some will be on the fence waiting to try it before forming an opinion on the matter.

It really isnt a case of "fragile masculinity", or anything else other than some people just never expected/wanted lego to be part of Forza. And that is a perfectaly valid opinion for them to hold. No one can tell anyone else what should be fun to them, we only know what we find fun for ourselves.

Anyone saying they got fooled and ripped off for buying the expansion pass/ultimate edition; you really didnt. You paid for 2 very unknown expansion packs long before they was announced, you cant blame T10 or Playground for that. As game developers, they have the right to do what they please with their games. If they think this will work, thats on them. But you cant blame them for buying into the expansion pass system, thats on all of you for buying it. I am included in that as well, as I own the ultimate edition of FH4. I am not exactly enamoured with the Lego expansion either, but I will be trying it at the very least. But thats the risk we take for buying everything day one and not waiting to see what is coming out as DLC first.

It has always amazed me that the people around here do not seem to understand that concept. Dam even stated it after one of the releases, "This is OUR vision for Forza. Don't like it? There are plenty of other games out there." What the small slice of the playbase that are around these forums want in the game doesn't play into it at all. We will get their vision and that is all. You either buy it or you don't, play it or not. That is the only choices you have. Voice your opinions all you want but they don't mean a thing to the devs.
 1 user liked this post.
#471 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:35:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: The Radio Dept Go to Quoted Post
I think the idea of Legos in a Forza game................
OMG, IT IS NOT "LEGOS" or "LEGO'S" (as someone else mentioned earlier)!

Are you American? It's just that Americans always get it wrong!

It's just "LEGO"!

Regardless of whether you are referring to one piece or many pieces, its just, how you say......er, "LEGO"

Like "Sheep", you know?

What would call multiple Sheep? Sheeps? No! Just "Sheep"!

For instance:

A piece of LEGO (singular)!

A box of "LEGO" (multiple pieces)!

You could also say "LEGO pieces, bricks, blocks, parts when referring to multiple pieces of Lego, but Legos is just plain wrong and makes people who say it sound dumb.

Oh, and by the way, if this is not a joke, I will also not be purchasing the UE in future! A Lego expansion is such a bad idea for most Forza players I guess, but who the hell are we anyway? It's not like we paid £80+ for the UE!

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 10:40:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#472 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:38:08 AM(UTC)
Really? The mere appearance of Lego in the game and the demand it can't be "seen" certainly is "fragile". I hope that clears any misunderstanding.

It's not just that it's Lego that makes it childish. There are lots of cool things that adults can do with Lego:

https://shop.lego.com/en...lo-11-Lunar-Lander-10266

https://shop.lego.com/en...SA-Apollo-Saturn-V-21309

But that's not what this expansion is. It's just pre-made cars in a Lego Movie world.
#473 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:52:43 AM(UTC)
Could be worse. Could be a Mario Kart expansion!
 1 user liked this post.
#474 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:53:03 AM(UTC)
Wait..... what?

Hang on......

wait.......

wait...........

what?

Just..... what?

I can't.....

I can't even....

I just.... just can't. Even.

I mean, I bought Hot Wheels expansion DLC for FH3 even though I didn't like most of the sillier cars because I wanted to get the Zonda R. And I've bought every other DLC for every single Forza since the beginning because I'm a completionist and love cars and want to support the series.

But this? This is the first that I just can't buy. Seeing LEGO cars zooming around the english countryside is gonna drive me up the wall.

What???
#475 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 10:53:38 AM(UTC)
I was floored when I heard Lego cars I had figured they learned their lesson with hot wheels hot wheels was good till the novelty wore off took about 30 min for me. But lego? It's bad enough they censor the radio music and leave issues unfixed, but to treat the gamers as if their 12 years old or younger is a major slap in the face. The games bread and butter comes from gamers who like to drive race paint and tune. If they keep this up they will lose customers.
71 Pages<<1718192021>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error