71 Pages<<1011121314>>PrevNext
 6 users liked this post.
#276 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:27:06 AM(UTC)
There was nothing wrong with Fortune Island as an environment, it just wasn't utilised properly imo. No multiplayer was a shame and with no normal rivals mode there was no reason to go back and learn the routes. I only raced majority of routes once. Blizzard Mountain I raced them all 50+ times easily

This Lego nonsense is just another annoying decision by Playground. Now we know why so many features have been dumbed down in the main game. They've been wasting all the time developing this rubbish. Now if this gets online adventure mode when FI didn't I will be seriously annoyed. They've already mugged us off by putting a long requested race track into this and not the main game. Wheres Goodwood or Castle Combe or just something people actually want,even a small fictional track. Did they think that will encourage us to like it, same with the airstrip. Kind of like 'well i don't like Lego but it has race track and air strip so I guess its not too bad' what a joke!

I mean why don't they launch the base game with less race routes and release a new route every fortnight?? That would keep the game exciting for a long time. Actually put some thought into the racing. They make a brilliant map then abandon it. I just don't get it. I can make better routes than Playground.

Cant knock the graphics team or physics but the content and racing are seriously lacking in my opinion. Participating in a new race route should bring excitement but they just fill the map with all events. They should focus more on the routes! Like a cutscene for each route with a little description. It's all just one big mess with little excitement or motivation of what to do next
E30
 6 users liked this post.
#277 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:28:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SchneeKobra9233 Go to Quoted Post

This has gone way to far. A d it's time to clearly send them a message that this can't going on. Take every legal option (without attacking, offend etc the PR person's, dev's etc) to force them to a real response to that and the release of a complete roadmap what's left to come.

Have you tried skweaming and skweaming until you're sick?

All the gear, no idea.
 5 users liked this post.
#278 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:37:26 AM(UTC)
I never thought that Horizon could disappoint me. I never thought I would criticize him. I'm afraid the day has come.
If the ideas were over, you could simply have connected the UK to the continent through the euro tunnel, offering Horizon 2 in 4k (Although it was cut in some aspects by the music licenses or whatever).

Always the news of Horizon at E3 gave me excitement. Yesterday it was like a jug of cold water.
This makes me think that I should not buy the definitive version on the first day. I have to wait until the content is available and select what I think is right. Before I was convinced that everything would be good ... until the conference yesterday.
 1 user liked this post.
#279 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:49:41 AM(UTC)
I can only agree. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] But Okay, why not, if it can help even younger folks than usual.

But we as elders should see it like that: The youngest people, most likely young kids are gonne have big interest for FH4 LEGO, and thanks to the magic of Forza, they get to learn about what is an realistic driving experience. Not like Mariokart or others NFS, Asphalt, CSR and so on.

So this is a good thing for them and then good thing for us too make them grow and understand earlier those things.
And the first of this thing is a growing common Passion for cars, racing and FH4..

Peace, let's hope there will be a thurd extension... PLEASE!!

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 1:14:34 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

15 users liked this post.
#280 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:49:56 AM(UTC)
Have you gone completely MAD?

I am waiting for more than half a year for a new expansion and we get this, I am not even ticked, just dissappointed, heartbroken.

So many amazing ideas from your community and you bring up Lego (clap clap), I believe that from all those suggestions, no one mentioned LEGO, even if they did, it must have a been a joke.
This is not fitting for the game in any way, such a waste, those graphichs will be completely useless. Now, lets mention some things which might go completely wrong:

1. From all the trailers, gameplays and such, the only three cars added are Senna, F40 and Mini S, which are not even new ones, but Lego remakes of the cars which were in the game from the beginning.
After checking what Lego has in store for Speedchasers, all of those cars are already in the game, except for the GT3 ones, which I know we will never see in Horizon, so even if there was a car pack, it would consist out of remakes of the current cars? This probably means no new cars for this DLC whatsoever. GREAT DECISION

2. Whats the purpose of having Lego when you cannot utilize it in any way? The only brick building will consist of having your house upgraded and I know it will not be customisable per players choice, you will just get random parts of the house from championships, or something like that. You will not be able to create new cars from the scratch, so why? WHY? Money, thats why... Cause you dont really care about your players...

If someone wants to argue, that Forza is an arcadey game and that "jumping for kilometers" makes it justifiable, youre wrong. If Forza Lego was a completely different game, I wouldnt mind. This game is about driving your dream cars thorugh the countryside/cities. It was no ones dream to drive an oversized Lego Car, at least not in Forza franchise.

This expansion did it for me, no more Forza games, no more pre-orders.

I just hope you wont be able to mix Lego cars with the "real" ones on the base map, cause if someone sees a single lego car, WOW, youre done.

I dont really like Crew 2, but after seeing all those cars they are adding to the game, cars we wanted in Horizon 4 since the launch? I am truly thinking about switching, at least they know what car enthusiasts really want.

I am not sure who is the decision maker in T10/PG, but management should really rethink their strategy as this is just going downhill.

I hope we will get at least some proper cars out of this, cause this makes Fortune Island look like a dream DLC.

Wow, just wow. You should make 101 classes on How to destroy a franchise.
 2 users liked this post.
#281 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:50:09 AM(UTC)
I think this is going to be hysterically funny, but then that's just me; I want an L-plate to put on my 'Bert' in WoT, Cat ears for Akizuki in WoWs (its a Jingles thing!).
After Fast & Furious and HotWheels did anyone expect a serious 2nd expansion?

Watch out for when Horizon reaches Japan as the 2nd expansion there will feature Cats or rather Nekos!

Horizon is fun in cars, it's not meant to be a sim like ACC or iRacing.......
#282 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:00:09 AM(UTC)
Lego championship in FH4 hehe. I think it is not good idea, some game there are on market like lego racers :D
YOUTUBE CHANNEL WITH TEST DRIVE, DRAG RACES, OFF ROAD IN: FORZA HORIZON 4
 4 users liked this post.
#283 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:03:08 AM(UTC)
OMG I would not have preordered the game if I had known that. Is there a way to get the money for the sesson pass back. Can you go further wrong than that oh i know get blood and gore effects in lego games. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 1:15:54 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 users liked this post.
#284 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:07:01 AM(UTC)
So is this why they edited the word "die" in never say die?

This is the worst DLC I ever could have imagined.
These cars are going to be in my gameplay, even though I don't want them and didn't buy them.
I'm supposed to enioy the scenery of a real open world when Lego cars are driving around?

I guess I still have FH1 2 and 3 completion to do because I think this game's cooked for me now.
Tuning calculators are a myth.
 6 users liked this post.
#285 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:10:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Dog8MyGamertag Go to Quoted Post
I bought the Ultimate Edition so I've already paid for it. That said, I play FM for serious racing and FH for fun, depending on my mood. FM = realism and FH = unrealistic elements such as jumping from the top of a mountain, flying half a mile, rolling your car several times then driving off completely unscathed....

As for the LEGO expansion? It looks like it might be a hoot to play, so I'm gonna play it. The emphasis is on fun, and if I have fun aying a game, I'll go back to it. The base game has been seriously lacking the fun element for a while, so the new expansion could well be the thing that breathes new life into a game I lost interest in a long time ago and hardly play at all, except a couple of days of play when the seasons change (usually one, but sometimes two depending on my shifts at work).

I do not think the issue with the expansion is being fun or not. It is quite possible that it it would be amazing and will definitely find its audience - as a standalone game. In my opinion that all the people who expressing their disappointment and anger here are people who are expecting a Horizon title to be a semi-realistic game with arcade elements, a beautifully crafted open world, a ton of real life cars, and a lot of content that can be enjoyed in whole online or offline any time without completing unfun tasks. I believe that all the disappointment stems from the fact that PG omitted a good portion of the community feedback how to improve the title and decided to take the franchise to a different direction, and the announcement of this expansion is the proof. In the future PG will hopefully lay out a proper roadmap for their games, and will reveal what kind of content will be added later, as by the looks of it the season pass was a total waste of money.

4 users liked this post.
#286 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:13:02 AM(UTC)
Can't even imagine how low this DLC rating will be on Xbox Live.
 7 users liked this post.
#287 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:17:30 AM(UTC)
I can't wait for this! It looks silly, and fun, and should be incredible. Great work on this one guys, can't wait to get stuck in. I can see myself playing in Lego Valley for a long time.
 8 users liked this post.
#288 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:20:13 AM(UTC)
This feels like Playground Games taking the Forza Horizon franchise behind the barn and shooting it in the head so they can move on to the Fable franchise unencumbered by their past.

The direction they are taking, and have been for some time, is not for me AT ALL, and that's their call to make, it's their game. My call is to stop buying their games as it's my money. It seems that I am far from alone with this opinion.
 6 users liked this post.
#289 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:21:37 AM(UTC)
Probably no one cares but I'm out , never gonna buy a horizon game anymore. Before the expansion it wasn't fun to race ....*in a racing game* and now they serve us a Lego expansion. There is nothing wrong with Lego but I don't want to have this in a racing game. Proof to me that the whole game design is for kids. Meh what a disappointment
 3 users liked this post.
#290 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:25:50 AM(UTC)
I like Lego and I like Forza. I was hoping for some actual new cars. I won't say its "pure stuff", but it's not what I was hoping for. I do hope there will be some new cars, though,, and I really hope we can't mix Lego cars with real ones.

Edit: after watching the trailer, and seeing the various reviews from Youtubers, I'm a little less sad. I am excited for an airport, and a stuntpark :) Color me excited honestly.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 1:41:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#291 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:32:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CaptainHerby Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SchneeKobra9233 Go to Quoted Post

This has gone way to far. A d it's time to clearly send them a message that this can't going on. Take every legal option (without attacking, offend etc the PR person's, dev's etc) to force them to a real response to that and the release of a complete roadmap what's left to come.

Have you tried skweaming and skweaming until you're sick?

Judging your post to this with the entitled thing and "not exactly what the players want" shows again which people are part if the problem and the reason for things like this happen

Yeah we have some right to be entitled. Because we pay for something which should fit in the world. If they had told about the Lego expansion from the beginning it would have dropped their sales hard. So the force this nonsense on us.

So continue to consume and don't ask questions. Everything is awesome for you I guess
 4 users liked this post.
#292 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:36:30 AM(UTC)
I didn't like the idea and trailer but as a concept it looks great. Maybe I am wrong but I think I will enjoy it a lot for some time. It's not a base game, it's DLC. Experimentation should be welcomed there.
#293 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:47:11 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
I didn't like the idea and trailer but as a concept it looks great. Maybe I am wrong but I think I will enjoy it a lot for some time. It's not a base game, it's DLC. Experimentation should be welcomed there.

Experimentation should be welcomed when players gave theirs approvals, which is, not the case.

2 users liked this post.
#294 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:47:56 AM(UTC)
I bought the Expansion Bundle a couple of months back - BIG MISTAKE. Fortune Island is OKish but not as enjoyable as the mainland. Now they bring out Lego, I hope it doesn't auto download - I want the option to not download and get a refund.
 4 users liked this post.
#295 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:54:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Hazel Goth Go to Quoted Post
I think this is going to be hysterically funny, but then that's just me; I want an L-plate to put on my 'Bert' in WoT, Cat ears for Akizuki in WoWs (its a Jingles thing!).
After Fast & Furious and HotWheels did anyone expect a serious 2nd expansion?

Watch out for when Horizon reaches Japan as the 2nd expansion there will feature Cats or rather Nekos!

Horizon is fun in cars, it's not meant to be a sim like ACC or iRacing.......

F&F was a movie based on car culture(used to), Hotwheels makes toy car. What Lego have to do with cars?

We don't want anything as serious but something involved around cars, Lego just wasn't one of them. If they want to do something with Lego, make an overhaul to the map and cars, because now it just a map with lego as decoration. Nothing as new and nothing special.

BTW, how do you guys define sims? cuz reading this thread only convince me that you guys just use it as an excuse
 3 users liked this post.
#296 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 1:55:47 AM(UTC)
If I had time I would tally the positive and negative responses, scrolling through this thread it seems ~80% negative if not more, what were they thinking, what a huge letdown,
#297 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:00:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nayre33 Go to Quoted Post
If I had time I would tally the positive and negative responses, scrolling through this thread it seems ~80% negative if not more, what were they thinking, what a huge letdown,

WWTT
#298 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:04:19 AM(UTC)
I genuinely now fear that there could be a SCALEXTRIC DLC add-on in FM8...
 5 users liked this post.
#299 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:09:13 AM(UTC)
Totally not digging the LEGO vibe, no more ultimate editions for me.

Also, can we stop calling it LEGOS when its LEGO, that would be awesome.

Also, how are there SO MANY long time Forza fans who are only tier 1? Just curious. 🤔

Edit: I guess it's a bug on the forum, now that I have commented its showing EVERYBODY on this page as a tier 4, except me ofcourse as I'm a tier 12. 🙄

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 2:13:01 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#300 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 2:10:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: H0lyb33r Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post

Experimentation should be welcomed when players gave theirs approvals, which is, not the case.

Really? You are the all players? :D I don't think PG should ask anybody. It's their game and they can see selling numbers and spent hours.

71 Pages<<1011121314>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error