71 Pages<<910111213>>PrevNext
 5 users liked this post.
#251 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:31:51 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FM sheep Go to Quoted Post
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] It's basically a normal map that gets a lego treatment with lego version of cars we have, while compared to hot wheels which we got those classic Orange tracks and loops. You can clearly see who's the winner here.
I'm pretty sure people will be less triggered if it has the same but normal map with new cars. also to the people who said Fortune Island is bad, now we have a new contender.

The issue one is waste of money related to expansion pack not fitting expectations of FH fans, second is the upcoming mixing of cars in mainland as no one can seriously expect that team to be able to even raise that question, no ROI to do so. People leaving, then be it, they want kids in ... desperately ...

Me And my kid are Lego fans, none of us is interested in this pack. I just hope it will be a complete financial disaster

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 1:16:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#252 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:32:12 PM(UTC)
This announcement didn't surprise me at all. I was expecting something childish like this because it's Playground games. Not sure what happened to them but this is clearly not what most of us wanted. We were asking for new 2019 cars and new engine sounds but instead we get something a 5 year old kid would play. Will we ever get things that we want or will they come up with ridiculous excuses like they did with the engine sound in Update 9?

Not gonna complain too much about the expansion itself but I was so unsatisfied after watch the gameplay. I want to see more gameplay before I'm gonna judge more but so far, this game has been an absolute joke.
 2 users liked this post.
#253 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:39:49 PM(UTC)
My only wish is Sony to take the opportunity to propose an alternative, with the upcoming console generation switch, if they propose something acceptable, I waste the xboxes. They want to be Nintendo then be it.
 4 users liked this post.
#254 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:41:20 PM(UTC)
My biggest concern is that the LEGO cars will infect the mai ln map and kill the fun for me. If they are going to be usable in the main map will like an option to remove them from AI cars in offline mode and special servers for online free roam.

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:42:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#255 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:45:44 PM(UTC)
I bought the Ultimate Edition so I've already paid for it. That said, I play FM for serious racing and FH for fun, depending on my mood. FM = realism and FH = unrealistic elements such as jumping from the top of a mountain, flying half a mile, rolling your car several times then driving off completely unscathed....

As for the LEGO expansion? It looks like it might be a hoot to play, so I'm gonna play it. The emphasis is on fun, and if I have fun aying a game, I'll go back to it. The base game has been seriously lacking the fun element for a while, so the new expansion could well be the thing that breathes new life into a game I lost interest in a long time ago and hardly play at all, except a couple of days of play when the seasons change (usually one, but sometimes two depending on my shifts at work).
I could agree with you, but then we'd both be wrong
 3 users liked this post.
#256 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:49:19 PM(UTC)
I heard they had completed the most British version of Hong Kong with highways, beachfronts, indoor garage areas and Victorias peak tracks - but China said no, so they put some bricks and pieces together instead.

So sad FH 4 will end like this (and that I bought the expansion pack unseen),
now we'll have to see hundreds of Xbox one S boxes with this included in stores, and I guess every 5-year old must unlock at least 5 properties in the main game before being allowed to play lego.

3 users liked this post.
#257 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:50:21 PM(UTC)
You know what the worst thing is? The areas look really fun and I would so much look forward to the expansion, if only there would not be that LEGO look which completely kills my immersion on all levels.
 11 users liked this post.
#258 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:58:40 PM(UTC)
First : the people writing "hey this looks fun, don't be so serious, horizon was never realistic etc."

You are the part of this problem and one of the main reason the franchise ended up like this. We got slapped in the face again and you response with "everything is awesome"

The dev's will tell in the future how good this expansion sold without stating the fact that 80 % of the players bought it without knowing what's coming

I will try to watch today's livestream and all of you already know that there won't be any word a out the huge critic on this "expansion" on Facebook, Twitter, reddit and here in the official forum

This has gone way to far. A d it's time to clearly send them a message that this can't going on. Take every legal option (without attacking, offend etc the PR person's, dev's etc) to force them to a real response to that and the release of a complete roadmap what's left to come. the only way that could save it is a TON of new car releases and a normal 3 or possible 4 expansion. No more secret, teasing nonsense. Tell us what's left in pipe to deserve our hype, money and fambase
 5 users liked this post.
#259 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:59:05 PM(UTC)
Oh, ok. Another waste of money after Hot Wheels expansion. No more Ultimate then. Maybe no more Horizon series after this huge "disappointment".

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 11:23:33 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#260 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 11:04:47 PM(UTC)
I for one am completely and literally devastated by this thing that I haven’t played yet and will never be forced to play.
 15 users liked this post.
#261 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 11:08:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: lanciastratos73 Go to Quoted Post
I think the main reason people are upset is because this, along with the hot wheels expansion, is such a deviation from what we started with in FH1 and FH2. Back then it took a lot of the realistic cars from the motorsport series and allowed us to drive them in freeroam. With expansions like these it seems they are changing their marketing strategy by pitching their product to a younger audience, alienating all the diehard car fans, myself included.

This. This right here.

It seems the "g0 pLaY m0TorSp0Rt" crew can't grasp this simple explanation of our frustration. The Horizon series gave us players who DON'T ENJOY GOING ROUND AND ROUND IN A CIRCLE ON JUST ASPHALT an entirely new, fun, open world with real cars to race casually or COMPETITIVELY. Nope can't grasp that. "It's an arcade game not to be taken seriously." Sigh....

If you could go ahead and take out all the things I loved about Horizon, that would be great.
 1 user liked this post.
#262 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 11:08:46 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
This is gonna be one awkward stream tomorrow.

Dude, do you really believe they will lost one word about the backslash??

The livestream will be 100 % Everthing is awesome
 6 users liked this post.
#263 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 11:08:46 PM(UTC)
*removed*

Edited by user Thursday, June 13, 2019 2:42:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Learning on English. If you don't welcome person like myself, just leave me alone. Thanks.
 2 users liked this post.
#264 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 11:23:37 PM(UTC)
i Think a lot of people would have liked them to have opened up the bridges and drive to another map, but Lego, come on, i used to like Horizon, but for me this is not how a horizon expansion should be,

sadly this i wont be buying anymore Horizon Ultimate anymore or many anymore horizon games, sad, very sad, so many ways they could have gone, but they choose this. :-(
 3 users liked this post.
#265 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 11:24:33 PM(UTC)
not looking forward to this...i stopped being interested in legos when i was like........ 5
 2 users liked this post.
#266 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 11:43:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post

The issue one is waste of money related to expansion pack not fitting expectations of FH fans, second is the upcoming mixing of cars in mainland as no one can seriously expect that team to be able to even raise that question, no ROI to do so. People leaving, then be it, they want kids in ... desperately ...

To be honest I would be completely fine with everything if there was a simple option to disable all fantasy based clown cars and to only matchmake with other players who have toggled it as well. A so called "classic mode" in the theme of the first Horizon game.

Let the everything is awesome fun fair, sparkly novelty clothing and dank emotes commence without unwanted customers like me and many others who would prefer not to have content like this.

It would also give the team good statistics on who is playing what, and give the players the option to play this game in way they want.
Inertia creeps
 4 users liked this post.
#267 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 11:44:39 PM(UTC)
I’m a motorsport player mostly and have been since FM1, I do enjoy a bit of Horizon when in the mood and approach with the mindset that’s it’s supposed to be a bit arcade and silly. I liked H3 Hot Wheels just for exactly that reason, But come on…. this is pushing it.

and it’s not that I find a LEGO expansion that far out of realm of Horizon, it’s in the execution. The fact that they have blocky LEGO cars racing with normal cars is just getting a bit too ridiculous.

when i heard the rumor last week, I thought they would implemented differently, for example;

Have a LEGO expo where you park your car and walk in, a LEGO World is set up inside (toy size) with 7 continents featuring LEGO landmarks buildings and bridges, you race events and showcases with LEGO cars from each region (toy cars operated in third person), features expanded route creator / builder system with LEGO barriers, obstacles, jumps, ramps, stuff to smash, etc.

A game within the game, because no way would there be giant LEGO cars, driven by giant LEGO people just roaming around the map….. That’ll be ridiculous, imagine the backlash….
#268 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 11:47:16 PM(UTC)
People willing to complete the card feature now know where businesses to complete will be ... how to force customers to go where you want them to go to raise usage stats ... clever indeed.
 3 users liked this post.
#269 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 11:57:48 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

I've never been so disappointed in ages.

I was so excited about the new expansion coming out.

The first one was so disappoiting and now it's almost dead.

I was expecting a real city, something "realistic", not this.

Glad I didn't buy the ultimate version, I would be even mad.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 1:18:43 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

7 users liked this post.
#270 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:16:24 AM(UTC)
I, for one, welcome our new Lego overlords.
 4 users liked this post.
#271 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:17:12 AM(UTC)
I litterly cant wait to play this. I and my son both love lego (I'm 32, hes 6). However I will agree with the criticism that they should have told people their plans before releasing the ultimate addition as it may have stopped people spending the extra for stuff they dont want

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 12:23:29 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#272 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:21:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tilo38 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post
I am absolutely speechless and in shock. For one second I somehow hoped this would be Aprils fool, but here we go. Not going to play this for more than 1 hour, because I want/need immersion. Last time I looked, this was a game for car enthusiasts, not for toy enthusiasts. The one thing I hope is that on the mainland, the lego cars won't be allowed. This would be the death sentence for this game if I get rammed by a Lego cartoon car in a race.

What were you thinking? LEGO?

How do I get my money back. And by the way, I think you already know this, this was the last ultimate version that I bought. Good luck with your sales for the next game.

What's coming is like mainland, your favorite road race with your favorite ferrari, ford, lambo ... against Lego cars ... I am devastated.

Judging by the screenshots and Lego brick sizes, if you race against the Lego cars on the mainland, you risk stepping on them getting into your car. LOL

#273 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:22:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CR34PYL0RD Go to Quoted Post
Oh, ok. Another waste of money after Hot Wheels expansion. No more Ultimate then. Maybe no more Horizon series after this huge "disappointment".

If you have Game Pass the next version can be played without paying for it.

5 users liked this post.
#274 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:24:12 AM(UTC)
I actually love the look of this. I think it will be really good fun. I like that it's something different too; the first expansion was essentially more of the same thing, just on a different map. This offers something completely different. Not sure I'll spend hours and hours on it, but will be a nice option to have.

Also, it's hilarious to see all the 'serious gamers' up in arms about this. It's crazy how entitled some people are when it comes to this game. Nobody is saying you have to like it. But to claim the franchise is dead, or you'll not buy Forza again, because the devs brought something out that isn't exactly what you want, is pretty funny.
All the gear, no idea.
 2 users liked this post.
#275 Posted : Monday, June 10, 2019 12:26:18 AM(UTC)
didnt know lego was even about cars.. but I guess thats the difference because when i was growing up lego was a bunch of plastic bricks in a bag and you made whatever you wanted out of them. Lego now is 15-20 pieces that can only be assembled in a specific way to form a select but poorly represented object.

It takes tens of thousands of dollars to build those amazing scale spaceships you see on youtube. Sadly, still not cars.

I have the ultimate so i'll probably play it but Im going into it without having played Fh4 in almost half a year because fortune island was devoid of any replayability after the first few days. If lego is the same, with a few days life cycle it could be an absolute disaster.

I actually enjoyed hot wheels despite my initial concerns. That was a thorough and expansive expansion. Had 100 times the play time of fortune, if not more
71 Pages<<910111213>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error