71 Pages<<89101112>>PrevNext
 15 users liked this post.
#226 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 8:57:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Handless21 Go to Quoted Post
No new cars?

Maybe they should add a hearse, so we can drive the Horizon franchise to its grave in a proper fashion.
#227 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 8:58:12 PM(UTC)
It's not trying to be real life size LEGO cars though. They're going off LEGO's Speed Champions line. https://brickset.com/sets/theme-Speed-Champions
#228 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 9:02:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: nb3254 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Evil Brain Go to Quoted Post
Disappointment aside-
Why are the bricks so large?
They are actually 10 times bigger than Duplo, that makes it even worse. Maybe if they were the right size they would not be so pre-school looking.

Life size Lego cars look like this

That's because this expansion is a collaboration with the LEGO Speed Champions series.
These series consist of few parts and are not like real cars.

I wasn't aware of that, I just Googled the speed set and you are absolutely 100% correct - it is age rated at 7-14.
I thought this game was rated E for everyone? I am 52, so I guess I'm not allowed to buy it anymore?

#229 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 9:07:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: holden4ever Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Abell 370 Go to Quoted Post
We're getting expanded rivals...

When did they announce this?

Series 10 livestream discussed in this thread:
Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
46:45 - Class-based Rivals coming to Series 11, every route

Community Manager | ManteoMax.com Forza spreadsheets
 7 users liked this post.
#230 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 9:09:43 PM(UTC)
I'm still in shock after this announcement. There were rumors that it could be LEGO, but didn't think they would actually do it (although there is precedence for this sort of over-the-top nonsense with the HW expansion for FH3).

Don't get me wrong, I love LEGO (and would love to see a proper reboot of LEGO Racers), but this just looks like an awkward mashup meant to draw young kids into the franchise at the expense of older fans (much like HW was).

I've got the ultimate edition so I'll at least try it out (who knows, it might end up being a lot of fun), but I would really prefer Forza stick to real cars and realistic driving instead of engaging in these toy franchise deals and pandering to young kids at the expense of veteran players.

Cars are awesome and generally appeal to all ages, but these cartoony tie-ins are very much focused on young kids. Why sabotage the fanchise with these ridiculous tie-ins and alienate long-time players who have grown with the franchise when real cars are perfectly attractive to kids? Most of these kids will quickly tire of the game once the shine wears off (if fortune island was any indication, within a few weeks) and move on, and then all you've really accomplished is to annoy your veteran players and further dilute your franchise so Forza doesn't really mean anything anymore (like "Forza" street is doing with its awful mobile-inspired "racing").

IMHO, these franchise tie-ins should really be handled with spin-off games, not shoehorned into what traditionally has been a reasonably realistic racing/driving experience.
 2 users liked this post.
#231 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 9:12:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LSEM Bread Go to Quoted Post
I'll start by asking who asked for this? The answer no one. How does benefit T10 or PG? The answer it doesn't. With hot wheels we at least had real cars. now we have nothing. The game has been dying and now it's dead.

It benefits them the same way Hot Wheels did. Huge toy companies get the production quality of Forza to show off their products and Forza gets $$$. I'm completely disappointed by it too all I wanted was a new environment with some new tracks and real cars but people of all ages play the game and I'm sure there are some kids and kids at heart who are exited about it.
 2 users liked this post.
#232 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 9:26:25 PM(UTC)
How can people talk about realistic driving in a pegi 3 game where you can jump for kilometers?
If you want more realism you can play Motorsport and guess what? Yes there are also real life tracks there!
Anyway, even with hot wheels expansion there were a lot of people disappointed that ended finding it was a great expansion.
 14 users liked this post.
#233 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 9:27:48 PM(UTC)
Okay. So I am a 40 year-old car enthusiast, who unfortunately can only enjoy his passion through videogames. Forza are know as one of the purest experiences there is for a car enthusiast like me. I remember Forza games being made with so much love and dedication, representing that passion for the automotive industry.

We have gotten to a point where Motorsports and Horizon are starting to lose their spark and desperately need to go back to their roots. Player experience issues, sound issues, inaccuracies, pointless restrictions, cutting down in past good content, errors being carried over from previous titles showing pure laziness, etc. The community has been clear about these issues, and you come out with... a LEGO expansion...

What happened with the horrible sounds, the missing blueprint championships, that absolute cluster-fudge that the map is, the whole mess that the seasonal events are? Unnecessarily locked content (specially for those who shelled out $100) Why not make all that better? But no... LEGO...

I don't want to be part of this cynical generation that loves to hate on everything, but as a 40 year-old guy who just loves cars, I don't see why I should be excited by this nonsense. It looks cute, sure, but it has no place in this game. Make it a separate game, I'm sure it will be successful in the hands of other audiences.
PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p
 7 users liked this post.
#234 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 9:30:32 PM(UTC)
woaw, so they actually did it, I guess next could be barbie or power rangers.

At least, people complaining the races are not taken into the online multiplayer will be much less.

My 12 yo kid reaction was like 'hmm ok ... what is the link ? ' and he went back to fortnite chat

Again dev will have spent hours and hours of their lives developing something that we will pretty all push back and they will put some card or playlist or whatever to push up the usage stats like they did for rivals, playground games, pvp ...

The most disturbing for me is the mix between 'real' cars and lego cars ... having lego cars in the main land is the end of the FH journey for me, hot wheels was my limit.

Fast and furious, even the transporter, the italian job ( which was initially supposed to happen in London ) would have added underground tracks with the possibility to overtake by wall riding ... Lego ... that is ... in fact ... it is consistent with quite all the 'improvement' they proposed to the game like only team adventure, no wall riding/ramming management, narrow roads, it's just ******** ( I put stars, anyone can put his own word(s) behind )

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 9:36:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#235 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 9:34:39 PM(UTC)
"Forza Horizon 4 players enjoy such as a shared-world experience with dynamic seasons in stunning native 4K and HDR"
So this means no more blocky graphics?
I'm not going to do my block over it.
Sorry I had to..

I hope Lego cars fall apart when crashed, that would make it at least entertaining.

#236 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 9:37:41 PM(UTC)
Please tell me they will keep those LEGO cars off the main map or at least there will be options to do so?
 1 user liked this post.
#237 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 9:47:42 PM(UTC)
Just... Gross. NO ONE ASKED FOR THIS. I thought this was a live service title.
 12 users liked this post.
#238 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 9:48:12 PM(UTC)
I am absolutely speechless and in shock. For one second I somehow hoped this would be Aprils fool, but here we go. Not going to play this for more than 1 hour, because I want/need immersion. Last time I looked, this was a game for car enthusiasts, not for toy enthusiasts. The one thing I hope is that on the mainland, the lego cars won't be allowed. This would be the death sentence for this game if I get rammed by a Lego cartoon car in a race.

What were you thinking? LEGO?

How do I get my money back. And by the way, I think you already know this, this was the last ultimate version that I bought. Good luck with your sales for the next game.
 10 users liked this post.
#239 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 9:48:41 PM(UTC)
Forza was my savior... Now where should I go? Gran Turismo is less focused on cars and the fun of their classic career mode, in favor of real-life competition. I broke up with Gran Turismo after nearly 15 years of loyalty, thanks to Forza, which proved to be the better game. Now everything is going to hell... Last good Motorsports was 4, and Horizon 3 was at least great in content and replay value. Motorsports 7 was a mess of hot garbage due to performance issues, stupid restriction mechanics, bad physics, terrible career mode, etc. Now Horizon 4 not only dragged issues from Motorsports 7, but got rid of things that gave Horizon 3 such an amazing replay value and enjoyment (despite its awful performance issues).

So what's next for Horizon 5 and Motorsports 8 besides the rubbish we've been seeing for the past years? 50% of content locked behind lootboxes and/or endless grinding? Premium currency? 22 different Editions with various content? Online-only? Power Wheel and Little Tikes expansions?
PC: i5 8600k OC'd @4.5ghz|Asus Rog Strix z370-E|MSi 1080Ti Gaming X|G.Skill Trident Z 16gb 3000mhz|500gb SSD|1TB HDD|Corsair H100i V2|Corsair Crystal 480x RGB|Dell 165hz Gsync 1440p
 1 user liked this post.
#240 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 9:50:09 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: holden4ever Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Abell 370 Go to Quoted Post
We're getting expanded rivals...

When did they announce this?

Series 10 livestream discussed in this thread:
46:45 - Class-based Rivals coming to Series 11, every route

Thanks for the info. This will actually give me a reason to play it for the first time in 4 months and not feel like I wasted $140.
#241 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 9:54:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: hinc94 Go to Quoted Post
Please tell me they will keep those LEGO cars off the main map or at least there will be options to do so?

Not released yet so nobody knows
But i hope they arent

Did you need to create a new thread to ask that??

Edited by user Sunday, June 9, 2019 9:55:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

3 users liked this post.
#242 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:06:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Blackout Guy Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: capimeeen Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Blackout Guy Go to Quoted Post
Jeez lads, I've seen some salty tuppences in my time but seriously...

Am I actually the only person who is actively looking forward to this expansion? Either that or I am the only person getting really tired of the same dull weekly challenges for the same cars again and again, combined with the mind-numbing drift grind.

You all asked for somthing new and exiting, and then when somthing as awesome as LEGO comes along you all turn your noses up. It's somthing different my dudes, just admire it for what it is and take it at face value until Thursday when you actually get to play it for yourselfes. 😌

You've missed the point, sooooo bad.

It's unrealistic, it has nothing to do in a game that's focused on a real life thing like it is.

I thought the Hot Wheels DLC in FH3 and this Quartz Regalia thing was pushing it, but this is on a whole other level.

We do want something new and exiting, because they've been milking the whole Gymkhana and Hoonigan stuff since forever, and now we want something new.

But not LEGO.

I feel there is so many other things they could've tried before taking this big leap.

Lego is unrealistic, but driving at 200MPH in a 500HP 3 wheeled van over a mountain range, mud and moorland is totally real man.

Got 'cha. It's different strokes for different folks bud, nobody said you have to like it but no doubt some people will.

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] And when I order food in a restaurant and go for the "surprise meal" I kinda want it to be the food that I am expecting. It would be extremely weird if I got chocolate as a surprise main meal served in a steak house.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 1:21:18 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#243 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:08:14 PM(UTC)
First they give us the half hearted Fortune Island, which was forgotten about almost straight away by the Devs with no weekly events like the main map. Now Lego? I spent £80 for this garbage? first and last time i pre order any Forza title.
#244 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:12:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post
I am absolutely speechless and in shock. For one second I somehow hoped this would be Aprils fool, but here we go. Not going to play this for more than 1 hour, because I want/need immersion. Last time I looked, this was a game for car enthusiasts, not for toy enthusiasts. The one thing I hope is that on the mainland, the lego cars won't be allowed. This would be the death sentence for this game if I get rammed by a Lego cartoon car in a race.

What were you thinking? LEGO?

How do I get my money back. And by the way, I think you already know this, this was the last ultimate version that I bought. Good luck with your sales for the next game.

What's coming is like mainland, your favorite road race with your favorite ferrari, ford, lambo ... against Lego cars ... I am devastated.
 5 users liked this post.
#245 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:12:44 PM(UTC)
This should have been a stand alone thing like the Fast and Furious thing not an expansion. Sad part is I already payed for this when I bought the ultimate disappointment edition.
 3 users liked this post.
#246 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:16:05 PM(UTC)
Disappointed about this expansion?

How about a Disney Pixar's Cars expansion?

THAT'S the kind of 'expansion' gamers of all ages can enjoy by racing alongside their beloved animated characters. LEGO Speed Champions will never be that 'expansion'.
 1 user liked this post.
#247 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:17:24 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 1:22:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#248 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:17:42 PM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] It's basically a normal map that gets a lego treatment with lego version of cars we have, while compared to hot wheels which we got those classic Orange tracks and loops. You can clearly see who's the winner here.
I'm pretty sure people will be less triggered if it has the same but normal map with new cars. also to the people who said Fortune Island is bad, now we have a new contender.

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 1:23:06 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

6 users liked this post.
#249 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:23:21 PM(UTC)
Okay, the shock is over... Whatever. It is what it is.

Yeah, I can appreciate how well-made this looks, there is no denying that; but it has NO place in the game. This should've been a standalone title, and I'm sure it would've done just fine.

On a side note: Am I weird because I avoid all Danger signs or catching more than 6' , even on extreme offroad vehicles? Probably not. So the "beCauSE jUmPiNG 300fT At 200mPh iS uNreALIsTiC" argument in favor of this expansion is invalid, at least in my case. Also, I avoided playing the Hotwheels expansion in FH3 because of this.
 3 users liked this post.
#250 Posted : Sunday, June 9, 2019 10:28:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FM sheep Go to Quoted Post
[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D] It's basically a normal map that gets a lego treatment with lego version of cars we have, while compared to hot wheels which we got those classic Orange tracks and loops. You can clearly see who's the winner here.
I'm pretty sure people will be less triggered if it has the same but normal map with new cars. also to the people who said Fortune Island is bad, now we have a new contender.

People would be less triggered if devs at least listened to feedback and the game was fixed of all its flaws. Heck, I don't think people would even care. They would just ignore the expansion and enjoy the main game. Also, remember a lot of us (yeah, our mistake, I admit) paid $100 for this game. Who in their right mind would've thought they'd come up with this? I thought they would never come up with something so ridiculous like Hot Wheels, so I paid for the UE...

Edited by user Monday, June 10, 2019 1:23:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

71 Pages<<89101112>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error