This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
15 Pages123>>Next
 3 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 9:26:05 AM(UTC)
STAR CARD

New with Update 10, the Star Card feature is a way to track and achieve completion in events, discovery, and content creation, and earn flair for it. This feature is highlighted at the 23:00 minute mark of the Series 10 Update livestream. You can find the Star Card tile in the My Horizon Life menu.

REWARDS

Completing all challenges in a category will unlock an optional flair icon which will be displayed next to your gamertag. Announced with Series 11, new rewards have been added to Star Card:
· Become a Racing Superstar to earn the PG Race Outfit (Legendary Clothing) & Racing Flag icon
· Become a PR Stunt Superstar to earn the 2012 Hot Wheels Rip Rod (Legendary Car) & Racing Helmet icon
· Become a Superstar Explorer to earn the Gold Viking Helmet (Legendary Clothing) & Magnifying Glass icon
· Become a Superstar Creator to earn the Dark Crown (Legendary Clothing) & Pencil Tip icon
· Become a Story Superstar to earn the 2017 Ferrari 812 Superfast (Legendary Car) & Open Book icon
· Become an Adventure Superstar to earn the Golden Chicken Suit (Legendary Clothing) & Globe icon
Quote:
Only the base game content is required to complete the Star Card challenges and earn these rewards.

CHALLENGES

Completing Forzathon and Festival Playlist progress can apply to Star Card progress at the same time, and activity on Fortune Island is eligible for completion in the relevant objectives. Some objectives will count previous Series progress, while others are not retroactive (such as Stories).

RACING SUPERSTAR
  • Grid Pass - Unlock 70 Race Routes
  • The Grandest Tour - Complete 70 Festival Races
  • Seasoned to Perfection - Complete 40 Season Events
  • Length and Breadth - Drive 5,000.0 miles
  • The Conqueror - Complete 5 Finales
  • Headstrong - Win 50 Head -to -Head Races
  • Showman - Win 5 Showcase Events (starts from zero)
  • Best Showman - Win 5 different Showcase Remix events (starts from zero)

PR STUNT SUPERSTAR
  • Stunt Spotter - Discover 94 PR Stunts
  • Smile for the (Speed) Camera - Earn 84 stars on Speed Camera PR Stunts
  • Stunt Season - Complete 30 Season PR Events
  • Over a Short Distance - Earn 84 stars on Speed Zone PR Stunts
  • Sideways Always - Earn 60 stars on Drift Zone PR Stunts
  • A Zone of Danger - Earn 54 stars on Danger Sign PR Stunts

SUPERSTAR EXPLORER
  • The Collector - Own 479 Cars
  • Wanderer - Discover 531 Roads
  • Beauty Pageant - Discover 12 Beauty Spots
  • Barnstormed - Discover 15 barns
  • Boarded Up - Smash 200 Bonus Boards

SUPERSTAR CREATOR
  • High Bandwidth Router - Reach Blueprint Rank 5
  • Art House - Reach Design Rank 5
  • The Tinkerer - Reach Tuner Rank 5
  • Snapper - Reach Photo Rank 5

STORY SUPERSTAR
  • The Magnate - Earn 2,000,000 CR from Horizon Businesses (starts from zero)
  • Yarn Spinner - Complete 100 Story Chapters
  • Story Star - Earn 300 Stars in Horizon Story Chapters
  • Story Collector - Unlock 10 Horizon Stories and Businesses

ADVENTURE SUPERSTAR
  • Ranked Teams - Get Ranked in Team Adventure Racing
  • Ranked Games - Get Ranked in Online Adventure Games
  • Ranked FFA - Get Ranked in Free -For -All Racing
  • Ranked Up - Reach League 10 in any Online Adventure

Originally Posted by: ManteoMax Go to Quoted Post
FH4 Release Notes: June 4th, 2019
https://support.forzamotorsport.net/hc/en-us/articles/360024284113-FH4-Release-Notes-June-4th-2019

KNOWN ISSUES
We are aware of a few issues that occur with the new Star Card feature
  • Some of the stats may not show as complete, despite having reached or exceeding the required target. A reboot of the title will fix this issue.
  • If players have discovered all roads on both the main land, and Fortune Island, the road stat will show an incorrect total number of roads driven. This will be addressed in a new update shortly.
  • Showcases won, and Showcase Remixes won will show as 0 for all players. This is due to the stat not being properly tracked previously. There is no way to rectify this. Players will have to re-race these events to increment these statistics and complete these categories.
  • This also applies to earnings from Businesses. Only earnings from this CU onward will count towards this stat.
  • Seasonal Events and Seasonal Championships will only count towards their respective stats for any completed since Festival Pass went live, in Series 6 (12th Feb).
  • The Head to head stat will only count head to heads won since Fortune Island was released (13th Dec).

Edited by user Wednesday, August 7, 2019 3:47:24 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#2 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 9:35:59 AM(UTC)
sounds interesting, but I've already completed all events, pr stunts and discovered all roads. so I guess nothing more to do for me :(

Edited by user Monday, June 3, 2019 9:36:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

11 users liked this post.
#3 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 9:36:10 AM(UTC)
More "chores" to do?
And the Talby goes to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whoever thought up the Story Mode
 7 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 9:36:15 AM(UTC)
Just another "live service" feature which is only a checklist and comes way too late.
Already tracked stats are getting visualized - *yeah*

1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 10:23:20 AM(UTC)
And what's the point of it? I watched the stream but didn't notice what I get. Cars would be great. Or is it some kind of leaderboard?
 7 users liked this post.
#6 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 10:26:20 AM(UTC)
I think it adds "Flair" to your gamertag.... There is an option at the bottom of the screen shot "X Choose Gamertag Flair" So I assume it gives you something like the VIP crown where you can add a little extra zest to your name....

Sincerely,
Jadigafer7, Superstar Explorer

Edited by user Monday, June 3, 2019 10:34:25 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#7 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 10:28:31 AM(UTC)
LOL. OK...
#8 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 10:30:08 AM(UTC)
If u did all there is one could possibly do, it doesn't mean u would automatically have all cards "visualized" as completed. There are still some that would need some completion.
In Fact: You don't even have to (compulsively) go into that Menu.., Just Play the Game as u would normally.., unless it gives u gratification to give it top priority
*Mod Edit - Inappropriate sig removed. Do not repost - D*
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 10:30:59 AM(UTC)
Very very curious how much i've already completed. Just about to pass 2100 hours played. I have my fingers crossed its ALL gold plate completed lol
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#10 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 10:53:19 AM(UTC)
I hope they will not incorporate this system into the Festival Playlist in the future.
 3 users liked this post.
#11 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 10:55:48 AM(UTC)
I should be lit up like a Christmas Tree the amount of time I've played the game.
 5 users liked this post.
#12 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 1:04:57 PM(UTC)
So, will we need to have a minimum of 37 pieces of flair? lol
 2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 1:21:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
So, will we need to have a minimum of 37 pieces of flair? lol

FLAIR

Eat. Sleep. Forza. || FM5 * FM6 * FM7 || FH2 * FH3 * FH4
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 1:24:21 PM(UTC)
Congrats, PowerSauce24131. You got the reference!

btw, I don't need 37 pieces of flair to express myself....
 2 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 1:29:13 PM(UTC)
;-)

Movie is a classic!
Eat. Sleep. Forza. || FM5 * FM6 * FM7 || FH2 * FH3 * FH4
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 2:15:19 PM(UTC)
Is this an attempt to help with feeling a lack of accomplishment in the game?

Gamertag flairs are better than pink cargo shorts and clown horns but just as useless.

I'd love to see information that would actually offer a sense of accomplishment and replay value such as podium recognition, per event, per car, per difficulty, along with leaderboards and better rewards (cars, car parts, or paint schemes).

Edited by user Thursday, June 6, 2019 10:16:08 AM(UTC)  | Reason: More concise, less hostile lol

3 users liked this post.
#17 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 2:25:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PowerSauce24131 Go to Quoted Post
;-)

Movie is a classic!

Going to watch it now.
 3 users liked this post.
#18 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 3:36:39 PM(UTC)
@luckeydoug1 That is great. Me thinks PG is trolling again.... subtle reference to star card and playlist "requirements"? Who here is a Joanna or a Brian? PG you guys are toooooooo funny. I love it! If they only had put 37 objectives for the Star Card (they only have 31 objectives). Star Card explanation in Live Stream: https://youtu.be/nrBtuNRXRHI?t=1381

https://vimeo.com/102830089

Stan, Chotchkie's Manager : We need to talk about your flair.
Joanna : Really? I... I have fifteen pieces on. I, also...
Stan, Chotchkie's Manager : Well, okay. Fifteen is the minimum, okay?
Joanna : Okay.
Stan, Chotchkie's Manager : Now, you know it's up to you whether or not you want to just do the bare minimum. Or... well, like Brian, for example, has thirty seven pieces of flair, okay. And a terrific smile.
Joanna : Okay. So you... you want me to wear more?
Stan, Chotchkie's Manager : Look. Joanna.
Joanna : Yeah.
Stan, Chotchkie's Manager : People can get a cheeseburger anywhere, okay? They come to Chotchkie's for the atmosphere and the attitude. Okay? That's what the flair's about. It's about fun.
Joanna : Yeah. Okay. So more then, yeah?
Stan, Chotchkie's Manager : Look, we want you to express yourself, okay? Now if you feel that the bare minimum is enough, then okay. But some people choose to wear more and we encourage that, okay? You do want to express yourself, don't you?
Joanna : Yeah, yeah.
Stan, Chotchkie's Manager : Okay. Great. Great. That's all I ask.

Edited by user Monday, June 3, 2019 3:47:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#19 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 4:02:10 PM(UTC)
and to continue....

Joanna : You know what, Stan, if you want me to wear 37 pieces of flair, like your pretty boy over there, Brian, why don't you just make the minimum 37 pieces of flair?
Stan, Chotchkie's Manager : Well, I thought I remembered you saying that you wanted to express yourself.
Joanna : Yeah. You know what, yeah, I do. I do want to express myself, okay. And I don't need 37 pieces of flair to do it.

Maybe the grand award will be a red stapler
#20 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 4:07:15 PM(UTC)
@FluffyChip90800 The longer I play this game, and the more ridiculous additions they make to this game that add nothing of value to the game itself, the more I find myself feeling quite like Joanna did after that conversation, so I guess I am more of a Joanna at this point when it comes to Horizon 4.
#21 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 4:15:57 PM(UTC)
Oh boy, I just watched that cut from the live stream. I hope no one comes on here complaining about not being able to get all the Flair. I am going to guess the Superstar Creator Flair (Level 5 Tuner, Blueprinter, Painter, and Photographer) is going to be pretty difficult with the glitched influence earning after level 3. Adventure Superstar (Get Ranked for Team Racing, Games, FFA, and reach League 10 in one of them) will probably be pretty tough for a lot of people also.

I NEED to be a Brian..... give me ALL the flair. I NEED IT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!
 1 user liked this post.
#22 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 4:26:33 PM(UTC)
Just watched it! It would make a good film is someone was hypnotised to become a super-hero a bit like Batman.

Edited by user Monday, June 3, 2019 4:27:21 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#23 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 4:27:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
Just another "live service" feature which is only a checklist and comes way too late.
Already tracked stats are getting visualized - *yeah*

🇨🇦
 2 users liked this post.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 5:28:23 AM(UTC)
Hoooray, I am a Superstar Racer, I have done all those requirements on "new racer" difficulty, wich actually means the AI is parking before the finish line so that you can become first :D

It would have been a great feature, if they actually put challenges on the Star Cards. Like "finished race XYZ on unbeatable AI with disabled rewind feature"
 4 users liked this post.
#25 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 7:34:57 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post

It would have been a great feature, if they actually put challenges on the Star Cards. Like "finished race XYZ on unbeatable AI with disabled rewind feature"

Why be merely pointless and unrewarding when it could be pointless, unrewarding, *and* needlessly difficult, eh?
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
15 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error