37 Pages<<34353637PrevNext
#876 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2021 6:31:15 AM(UTC)
This weekend i did six or seven trials. While it was quite fun and most teammates had properly tuned cars, there were annoying connection losses which spoiled it too often. Most trials were won; one was lost because of terrible teammates who always occupied the last places. Wish they had left instead of staying.

First trial this week was different, because we started as a trio. The first race was won easily, but the second race a complete failure with zero points (one reason was me missing a checkpoint). For the last race I was the only participant and I felt quite comfortable. Think this was the first time I was the only one left in a trial. Got the car - all fine.
 2 users liked this post.
#877 Posted : Friday, February 5, 2021 10:50:48 AM(UTC)
Another trial , another feedback:

obviously too many players still have an untuned car, thus making an easy win less likely. These players normaly end on one of the last places and give the drivatar team valuable points.

Another annoying habit is to attack the leading teammate. Why do you think it´s your turn to win, when your TEAMMATE is P1 ? One of these braindead players pushed me off the track at a checkpoint so I ended P5. If the team is P1 and P2 your task is to keep the drivatars behind, nothing else, because it´s TEAMPLAY.

#878 Posted : Tuesday, March 30, 2021 2:53:19 PM(UTC)
Every Easter, the Miserable Trials return :)
Is next weeks trial the universally-loathed "Easter Buggy" :) This weeks is proving to be an exercise in frustration watching the CPU cars do
things like fly outside the boundaries on the start of track 1, and then DRIVE UP THE ROCKS and OVER the wall to get back on the track :)

Fortunately we all know its only a matter of time before the Ferrari Pista is available to all :)

Pretty soon we'll have an S1 super/hypercar Trial in the rain I'm sure.......

</rant mode>

Edited by user Tuesday, March 30, 2021 5:21:57 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#879 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2021 12:33:01 PM(UTC)
Easter Buggy - the same as last year and still not fixed.
 1 user liked this post.
#880 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2021 12:45:05 PM(UTC)
Definition of insanity.
Running same series repeatedly hoping devs will fix it. Avoid breath holding
 1 user liked this post.
#881 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2021 1:54:30 PM(UTC)
Then after 2 days, you get two players at your level and finally beat them......
 1 user liked this post.
#882 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2021 2:33:54 PM(UTC)
I've successfully completed the Trial twice now (I'm a sucker for punishment). It's pretty much a matter of luck of being in with other competent drivers and not in a team with people with untuned cars. The first event I've done about 20 times and now come in first or second. Using the VW Bug Baja and my own AWD tune.

I almost won on my own after I was the only one that hung around for 10 minutes fast travelling. First event my team won comfortably then the 10 minute fast travelling. Second event the Driveatars left me for dead. Last event I was ahead on points and got overtaken coming into the finish to lose out by 50 points.

What's the betting that unless Horizon 5 is out by Easter next year that we'll have the same Easter Offroad Buggy Challenge?
#883 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2021 4:26:41 PM(UTC)
uze volkswagon buggy

tune > trial v2.0

by waznewz
 2 users liked this post.
#884 Posted : Sunday, April 4, 2021 6:21:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: EnigmaDean Go to Quoted Post

As I said in the main thread, I don't think it's bugged. It's just... buggies are hard. They bounce differently than we've come to expect compared to literally every car in the game.
 1 user liked this post.
#885 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2021 6:14:15 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post

As I said in the main thread, I don't think it's bugged. It's just... buggies are hard. They bounce differently than we've come to expect compared to literally every car in the game.

But yes, it is bugged. Kind of. Drivatars can just pass any breakable objects without loosing speed if no player is near them. So if one gets away at the start you have no chance of catching up.
 1 user liked this post.
#886 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2021 9:18:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Pointi1978 Go to Quoted Post

But yes, it is bugged. Kind of. Drivatars can just pass any breakable objects without loosing speed if no player is near them. So if one gets away at the start you have no chance of catching up.

Buggies and any S2 races against Unbeatable are straight-up no fun at all. The only gift we got this year was that there is no first-edition car hiding behind either the Trial win or the 80% completion goal, which I suspect a lot of us will be failing this week unless you've put in the hours to grind-out online adventures to be eligible for that weekly piece....

Also this year, you can always do the Super 7 weekly to at least get something interesting via that route......

1 user liked this post.
#887 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2021 12:52:57 PM(UTC)
This weeks Trial is one I won't be completing. I don't want the outfit. Off Road Buggies are not fun to race in this game. Too many teammates running me off track, spinning me out etc.

P.S. Seriously people. If you're not gonna bother learning how to be a team player, stay away from team modes. You ruin it for those of us putting in actual effort. Took me months to get used to driving in this game without the auto abs and such, while adapting my computer to accommodate my visual impairment (Lost Right eye few years ago, Left going blind). Bad enough that the AI in this game is aggressive as heck. Sometimes I feel like some of these teammates that I get are intentionally not even trying. As though they are hoping for a carry, or actively trying to troll players.

I hit all my %'s for weeklies and Season without Trial this week. Super 7 car reward is a decent one.

It's my completionism mindset that has an issue with this. Missing personal season progress because of a lack of consistent team players is a terribly punishing mechanic.

And, the Online Adventure modes are bleh. I do Drift and Team Games to kill time and get my seasonal qualification. I'm not quite skilled enough to make a high rank yet, so I just put in the time when I can.

On a more positive note, the disco issues have subsided after a rough few weeks there.
 2 users liked this post.
#888 Posted : Monday, April 5, 2021 3:17:39 PM(UTC)

this ⬆️

imo, buggies are bad for cross country because they don't have enough weight to break fences, tread rivers, move obstacles, etc. i liked this trial because it made me experiment with the car build to figure things out. suggestions:

• use the class 5
• add weight, lots of weight, all the weight you can find so you can break through the trees, river, and fences in the first race
• add horsepower, forget everything else, so you can outrun the drivatars in the second race
• blueprint offline races to learn the third track so you know where you can safely corner bomb drivatars and avoid crates/barrels

it's challenging, the races are close, and there's little room for error, which makes it fun imo. i posted a tune if you want to try it. hope to see y'all out there🤘

Edited by user Tuesday, April 6, 2021 7:56:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#889 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 6:59:50 AM(UTC)
The Off Road Buggies are the one issue I have with the mechanics of the vehicles in this game. I've personally driven many of these, or ones similar to them, in my 43yrs on Earth and can honestly say that they handle much better in real life than in FH4. In-game, it feels like they replace the tires with basketballs. No amount of finite tuning seems to calm down the bounce in these things. Most of the time, you feel like the tires are barely even on the ground. I've built sand rails, buggies, dune runners etc in my shop from spare parts that handle better.

In game, they handle like something I would find in Mario Kart. None of them tune worth a darn. Off Road tires do not function this bad in the real world. You should be able to depressurize them enough to kill a lot of that hoppy stuff and improve grip, but it never works.

There's a reason it is the only car class I don't have at least one of in my favorites. Let us add some weight to them and modify the nose some. Would be nice to keep that from end from floating and going out from under us all the time.
 2 users liked this post.
#890 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 11:44:15 AM(UTC)
@ S0h3ilkhan

I concur with all of your points. Each season, this is a pain point for me, not for a lack of trying or skill but for a few other reasons. The key problem with The Trial is the reliance upon having five others that you can rely on complete the race, much less give a **** enough to actually drive like they are actually in a race and not a demolition derby.

I've long thought that The Trial should be an optional avenue for completion instead of a requirement. For example, lower the 80% to include everything BUT The Trial, throw in a Super 7 set, and or some other options to let players choose what's be for them to complete the season. I've gotten so frustrated by this that I've had to quit and come back to it repeatedly many times over a few days and grew concerned that The Trial was going to be what prevented me from completing the season. Not this one specifically, but others that I've participated in in the past.

Another option would be to reward players like Playground Games so the rewards and series completion is achieved regardless of victory. I know that this is going to sound like getting a participation trophy to some, but there is a major difference between a challenge and an exercise in frustration due to other players.

I don't mind Playground Games at all, not for the fact that we get the reward no matter what, but the fact that it's achievable regardless of having 10 players or 3. While the number of players and their skill is a factor in the victory, that victory can be easily one-sided, so in the end, it just turns out to be something fun and not a barrier.

The other problem that I have with The Trial, is of course the Drivatars. To be clear, I have no problem with max-skill AI opponents being pitted against six players (assuming they are actually "racing" and present). The Drivatarrs not only break the laws of physics (which is acceptable in video games) they seem to break the laws of physics as defined by Horizon 4 itself. It defies logic how easily Drivatars can push me past a checkpoint, but if I try to do the same to them, the nose of their car is suddenly bound to the road like a slot racer. Unless the Drivatar is in a position that they are obviously going to miss the checkpoint, they cannot be push through it, at least in my experience. Another example is how flawlessly they can execute high-speed curves, no matter the weather. And don't even get me started on their aggression, they are out for blood.

At any rate, I agree overall that I think that The Trial needs some rethinking and shouldn't be a requirement for seasonal completion.
#891 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 5:03:38 PM(UTC)
And, this Off Road Trial shall remain incomplete this week. What a joke, between super aggressive AI and team members ramming me into walls, off track missing checkpoints and into every single corner (even the slightest requiring no real effort) I've decided this is a mode that I will be avoiding as much as possible in the future. I should not have to rely on multiplayer event success as part of my solo progression. It's a very punishing system.
 3 users liked this post.
#892 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 5:22:09 PM(UTC)
Just suggest a time to convoy which works for you on the weekly thread. All you need is one or two competent drivers able to join and come 1st/2nd and you should be ok.
 1 user liked this post.
#893 Posted : Tuesday, April 6, 2021 11:40:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Khronoe Go to Quoted Post
@ S0h3ilkhan

I concur with all of your points. Each season, this is a pain point for me, not for a lack of trying or skill but for a few other reasons. The key problem with The Trial is the reliance upon having five others that you can rely on complete the race, much less give a **** enough to actually drive like they are actually in a race and not a demolition derby.

I've long thought that The Trial should be an optional avenue for completion instead of a requirement. For example, lower the 80% to include everything BUT The Trial, throw in a Super 7 set, and or some other options to let players choose what's be for them to complete the season. I've gotten so frustrated by this that I've had to quit and come back to it repeatedly many times over a few days and grew concerned that The Trial was going to be what prevented me from completing the season. Not this one specifically, but others that I've participated in in the past.

Another option would be to reward players like Playground Games so the rewards and series completion is achieved regardless of victory. I know that this is going to sound like getting a participation trophy to some, but there is a major difference between a challenge and an exercise in frustration due to other players.

I don't mind Playground Games at all, not for the fact that we get the reward no matter what, but the fact that it's achievable regardless of having 10 players or 3. While the number of players and their skill is a factor in the victory, that victory can be easily one-sided, so in the end, it just turns out to be something fun and not a barrier.

The other problem that I have with The Trial, is of course the Drivatars. To be clear, I have no problem with max-skill AI opponents being pitted against six players (assuming they are actually "racing" and present). The Drivatarrs not only break the laws of physics (which is acceptable in video games) they seem to break the laws of physics as defined by Horizon 4 itself. It defies logic how easily Drivatars can push me past a checkpoint, but if I try to do the same to them, the nose of their car is suddenly bound to the road like a slot racer. Unless the Drivatar is in a position that they are obviously going to miss the checkpoint, they cannot be push through it, at least in my experience. Another example is how flawlessly they can execute high-speed curves, no matter the weather. And don't even get me started on their aggression, they are out for blood.

At any rate, I agree overall that I think that The Trial needs some rethinking and shouldn't be a requirement for seasonal completion.

I think it's this thread I've said it earlier in but I believe in the next game if they keep the Trial it should have some sort of qualifier you must complete before you can play it proper, no offence to some of the people I come across but they should be nowhere near the Trial, their lack of skill or effort does nothing but potentially waste everyone's time.

Also another thing I've suggested in the past is 0pts in all 3 races = no reward even if the team wins.
#894 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 1:33:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post
if they keep the Trial it should have some sort of qualifier you must complete before you can play it proper, no offence to some of the people I come across but they should be nowhere near the Trial, their lack of skill or effort does nothing but potentially waste everyone's time.

Also another thing I've suggested in the past is 0pts in all 3 races = no reward even if the team wins.

c'mon, tried multiple times too... then Jezza helped me out. there are always new players
 1 user liked this post.
#895 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 2:14:27 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PinkiePie4997 Go to Quoted Post
if they keep the Trial it should have some sort of qualifier you must complete before you can play it proper, no offence to some of the people I come across but they should be nowhere near the Trial, their lack of skill or effort does nothing but potentially waste everyone's time.

c'mon, tried multiple times too... then Jezza helped me out. there are always new players

And there are also plenty with multiple prestige stars that turn up in the rental and have clearly made zero effort.

This week's trial is understandable to be struggling with but in others I've had teammates who can't even handle B Class AWD on Road or Dirt.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me but personally I don't think having people in your team who either can't or won't drive reasonably does anyone any favours, the good players may end up doing it all for nothing and I don't know anyone who's ever enjoyed being last in a racing game.

I think requiring players to do something such as achieve a podium in 1 of the trial races vs Pro drivatars before they can enter it proper would benefit everyone.
#896 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 2:57:01 AM(UTC)

And there are also plenty with multiple prestige stars that turn up in the rental and have clearly made zero effort.

This week's trial is understandable to be struggling with but in others I've had teammates who can't even handle B Class AWD on Road or Dirt.

I don't expect everyone to agree with me but personally I don't think having people in your team who either can't or won't drive reasonably does anyone any favours, the good players may end up doing it all for nothing and I don't know anyone who's ever enjoyed being last in a racing game.

I think requiring players to do something such as achieve a podium in 1 of the trial races vs Pro drivatars before they can enter it proper would benefit everyone.

There should'nt be an extra step! For these "new/lowlevel" player it's already hard enough to obtain the car/whatever from weekly trial/events. So they need some "experienced" players to complete it. The problem is the ai! Im not the slowest driver and tried the S2 Koenigsegg event this week with the ccgt (level "very experienced"). It was crazy some s2-994 regera crashed in my back and kicked me offroad (my car was at maxspeed), 3 drivatars crashed in some npctraffic this car was not ghosting and flying through the air and kicked me offroad then. There must be a basic rule for the AI -> "Don't crash your car". I play games with an ai (agressive on 100%) that allows you to drive with 250km/h bumper on bumper the whole time and nothing happens.

So yeah it needs some extra step in online PvP but not in Player vs Drivatars

There is this "It's rated `E` for everyone" and they are very proud about it. But fact is my 11 year old nephew was not able to complete this weeks speedtrap (i've struggled too) or some other event. Same for some dangersign weeks ago... So whats the idea? It's rated `E` but E can't play and maybe add an extra step to make sure they dont play???
 1 user liked this post.
#897 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 3:14:04 AM(UTC)

There should'nt be an extra step! For these "new/lowlevel" player it's already hard enough to obtain the car/whatever from weekly trial/events. So they need some "experienced" players to complete it. The problem is the ai! Im not the slowest driver and tried the S2 Koenigsegg event this week with the ccgt (level "very experienced"). It was crazy some s2-994 regera crashed in my back and kicked me offroad (my car was at maxspeed), 3 drivatars crashed in some npctraffic this car was not ghosting and flying through the air and kicked me offroad then. There must be a basic rule for the AI -> "Don't crash your car". I play games with an ai (agressive on 100%) that allows you to drive with 250km/h bumper on bumper the whole time and nothing happens.

So yeah it needs some extra step in online PvP but not in Player vs Drivatars

There is this "It's rated `E` for everyone" and they are very proud about it. But fact is my 11 year old nephew was not able to complete this weeks speedtrap (i've struggled too) or some other event. Same for some dangersign weeks ago... So whats the idea? It's rated `E` but E can't play and maybe add an extra step to make sure they dont play???

I said nothing about how it's rated.

That extra step would ensure you get competent teammates in trials, it's advertised as the ultimate test of your ability, not something you should jump into if you're new and unfamiliar, I wouldn't dive straight on the highest difficulty in any game if I didn't know what I was going up against and didn't think I could cope with it, even less so if it meant I could be the reason for other people having their time and effort wasted.
#898 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 3:32:13 AM(UTC)
That extra step would ensure you get competent teammates in trials, it's advertised as the ultimate test of your ability, not something you should jump into if you're new and unfamiliar, I wouldn't dive straight on the highest difficulty in any game if I didn't know what I was going up against and didn't think I could cope with it, even less so if it meant I could be the reason for other people having their time and effort wasted.

It's an TEAM event not a "i want this car quick" event ;) So yeah it's the "ultimate test" to win the prize with the team u have...

btw nothing prevents you from using "pause>leave event" to hop into another one, or asking someone to drive with you

Edited by user Wednesday, April 7, 2021 3:34:59 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#899 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 3:47:39 AM(UTC)

It's an TEAM event not a "i want this car quick" event ;) So yeah it's the "ultimate test" to win the prize with the team u have...

I'm pretty sure awful teammates aren't why it's described like that.

You're contradicting yourself with that 'I want this car quick' line too, they're the type who I'm on about and you're arguing against me for.

Those people are the ones who make no effort, who turn up in the rental even when there's plenty of better, cheap alternatives within the restrictions, who sit at the back in all 3 races contributing nothing and only quit when they believe there's no chance of leeching the prize.
#900 Posted : Wednesday, April 7, 2021 4:12:32 AM(UTC)
Those people are the ones who make no effort, who turn up in the rental even when there's plenty of better, cheap alternatives within the restrictions, who sit at the back in all 3 races contributing nothing and only quit when they believe there's no chance of leeching the prize.

ok
37 Pages<<34353637PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error