35 Pages<<333435Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#851 Posted : Friday, November 13, 2020 11:31:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Jezza14 Go to Quoted Post
It will be the hire car (if you don’t have a car in the appropriate class the game allows you to hire one untuned one).

Everybody should have the Welcome Pack 718 which happens to be A800 (although RWD), so no trouble with epensive cars. Or the GT40 barn find. No need to hire, just think before you start playing.

I absolutely understand that there are players who struggle with drivatars on "unbeatable" level. I remember my learning curve and I am still terrible at team games. But it should be no problem, for whatever you are going to do - races or games , to at least prepare a car.

I admit I really got angry when I saw a "teammate" Krisztianwhatsoever fooling around in his Tipo61 on the grass. He couldn´t handle the RWD car but stayed in the race. Only because we won first and second place the result was 1250:1200 points. In the end he got the prize as well - without even finishing a lap....
#852 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 9:05:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BlitzHirsch7809 Go to Quoted Post
It will be the hire car (if you don’t have a car in the appropriate class the game allows you to hire one untuned one).

Everybody should have the Welcome Pack 718 which happens to be A800 (although RWD), so no trouble with epensive cars. Or the GT40 barn find. No need to hire, just think before you start playing.

I absolutely understand that there are players who struggle with drivatars on "unbeatable" level. I remember my learning curve and I am still terrible at team games. But it should be no problem, for whatever you are going to do - races or games , to at least prepare a car.

I admit I really got angry when I saw a "teammate" Krisztianwhatsoever fooling around in his Tipo61 on the grass. He couldn´t handle the RWD car but stayed in the race. Only because we won first and second place the result was 1250:1200 points. In the end he got the prize as well - without even finishing a lap....

A solution to that would be something else I've posted on here a few times, anyone who scores 0 in all 3 races receives nothing.
#853 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 1:37:17 PM(UTC)
The WP cars will only be available to someone who has paid for them. They are paid DLC, so not everyone has them. Of course, I agree people could easily prepare better but just explaining why you see so many Tipos!
#854 Posted : Saturday, November 14, 2020 3:55:29 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TheGillesMuller Go to Quoted Post

A solution to that would be something else I've posted on here a few times, anyone who scores 0 in all 3 races receives nothing.

I'm kinda with you on that. I have no problem someone riding my coattails or just needing the extra help because I can race unbeatable and they can't. Hey, I needed the help when I started too. My first Trial actually was an S2 street if I recall correctly. That was abysmal. lol. Some people have more difficulty with Cross Country, others with S2, others with Vintage Racers (I had to buy a car just for the event, they were going $1-2 mil apiece in the auction...so yeah, a little prohibitive when you are getting started.

But when someone is twirling out in the grass (have never seen that one lol), or driving backwards on the course (I have seen), or goaltending the finish line (I have seen), or two entire laps back (I have also seen), there needs to be a way to account for that so they are not rewarded for literally punishing their team. So yeah, I can see something like if you take literally no points whatsoever, you do not get the prize, even if your team wins. It might catch the occasional tough-luck competitor but it will certainly snare the no-cares or anti-player. Of course, as soon as you make a limit, someone will do the bare minimum just to continue being an *ahem* unsportsmanlike player.
#855 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 4:50:29 AM(UTC)
There's the '66 Ford Lotus Cortina as well, 50000(?) in the auto show and there are pretty strong A800 tunes out for it. Not the most obvious car on the list, it lacks top speed compared to the obvious strong contenders in this class (Daytona, TZ2, ..) but handles like a charm. Can handle the drivatars easily on all tracks, just if you want to DNF as many mates and opponents you'll probably want to take a different car.

I've played this trial a few times now (with the Daytona, 250 GTO, TZ2, 356SL, Maserati 300S, GT40 MK I, 906), mostly because I like the selection of cars. Classic Racers and A800 road are pretty fun, but I dont think I've ever lapped so many "mates" before.
#856 Posted : Tuesday, November 17, 2020 10:23:13 AM(UTC)
I'm just surprised that I did upset somebody so much by winning first race in trial to:
1. ram me and actually T-bone me full speed into corner in second race
2. actually turn around on finish straight and try to crash me head on on last lap of last race, because I was in the lead
They also did time the waiting and turning, to get out of ghost mode just a sec or so before they would hit me.

Like somebody suggested, maybe player cars should have collision among them disabled.
Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
#857 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 12:11:26 PM(UTC)
The WP cars will only be available to someone who has paid for them. They are paid DLC, so not everyone has them. Of course, I agree people could easily prepare better but just explaining why you see so many Tipos!

The WP Cars are free if you have Game Pass. Maybe, I should type free in quotations. However, they are available if you're on that service. I am, it's pretty good. Although, I did buy the Ultimate Edition of FH4 at launch before I was a Game Pass subscriber. I just noticed the cars recently. On topic, the recent Trial was probably my favorite so far.
#858 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 12:20:38 PM(UTC)
You are getting the Welcome Pack cars through Ultimate Edition, not through Game Pass so far as I am aware.
#859 Posted : Wednesday, November 18, 2020 1:06:04 PM(UTC)
You are getting the Welcome Pack cars through Ultimate Edition, not through Game Pass so far as I am aware.

My bad. I stopped playing for a while due to my complete disappointment with The Eliminator along with other things PG added and didn't notice until after I was paying for Game Pass.

Edited by user Wednesday, November 18, 2020 1:08:49 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

35 Pages<<333435Prev

Notification

Icon
Error