This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
34 Pages<<2829303132>>PrevNext
 3 users liked this post.
#726 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 12:41:01 AM(UTC)
They need to play test some of the Trials vs unbeatable AI, been trying the current Trial for over 6 hours now without only 1/3 win vs the AI. I don't see how this one is winnable, the AI are just too quick.
#727 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 3:36:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: F34R CHIEF Go to Quoted Post
A - Implement a qualification system like in Ranked Multiplayer, where players can only be ranked (or in this case access the Trial race) if they have first met certain criteria (e.g. win a race against AI on Unbeatable difficulty, reach influence rank 25 in the relevant series)

also ranked players are joining to team adventures with a wrong or untuned car.

for this type of online-gaming there is only one solution: do it with a team!

1 user liked this post.
#728 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 3:54:07 AM(UTC)
I actually enjoyed some of the best racing I've had for a long time last night in the trial. I did it several times with people who were competent and clean, everyone was leaving space for other people through checkpoints and gaps. It's really nice when you have a team where everyone is trying to win, but not so desperate to do so that they are aggressive towards other players.
 2 users liked this post.
#729 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 4:11:58 AM(UTC)
Will never understand why the 3rd race goes ahead at 2-0 when there's no good reason to.
 3 users liked this post.
#730 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 6:40:08 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PinkCuddlyBear Go to Quoted Post
They need to play test some of the Trials vs unbeatable AI, been trying the current Trial for over 6 hours now without only 1/3 win vs the AI. I don't see how this one is winnable, the AI are just too quick.

I agree. This Summer’s Trial with 700 level buggies seems impossible. The lead pack seems like they are running with 800 level buggies. Insane.
 1 user liked this post.
#731 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 10:17:50 AM(UTC)
I think PGG got rid of their good developers long ago. This game requires to much luck working with randoms to beat something. My advice just have fun in trials if you win you win if not don't stress over it.
 1 user liked this post.
#732 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 10:58:15 AM(UTC)
Had some time and helped some friends and relatives with the trial. I chose the Baja Bug because it handles solid when it comes to jumping. I used a Krawattekeks951 tuning because it was a little bit better than mine...
Too many "teammates" came with untuned cars, so too often racing was terrible and non-cooperative. Even high prestige teammates were lousy racers - or unprepared. I´d expect newbies to choose an untuned car, but prestige 7 ?? Come on - there are tunings everywhere....

The AI was sometimes hard to beat, especially the third race was nearly impossible to win. Especially when you hit an obstacle and lose speed while the AI seems to drive on rails. So this was a mixed experience but what would you do to get a bunny costume, dear racer ?
#733 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 11:10:50 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BlitzHirsch7809 Go to Quoted Post
The AI was sometimes hard to beat, especially the third race was nearly impossible to win. Especially when you hit an obstacle and lose speed while the AI seems to drive on rails. So this was a mixed experience but what would you do to get a bunny costume, dear racer ?

It depends whether you're wanting to tick it off the playlist as fast as possible, or if you enjoy trying to become a better driver. If the latter then grab my tune of the Alumi Craft C10 and drive against my ghost in the rivals for the 3rd race to learn the lines I take (I was 10th on the leaderboard last time I looked). It makes a big difference which side of the central wall you go in two places. If you can get to even 1 second slower than my time you should be able to beat the AI, as I beat them by more than 3 seconds over the 3 laps.
 1 user liked this post.
#734 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 11:18:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PinkCuddlyBear Go to Quoted Post

I feel your pain. I checked it off my to-do list as a success after several hours, but only after all but one of my teammates quit. And he/she shamelessly rode my coattails to the win. . .

Otherwise, my observation with Trial is that it's best experienced with an element in racing tactical mentality that isn't widely discussed in our widely narcissistic culture. If one sees that another player has superior pace, they shouldn't impede them. I've seen many rounds lost because slower drivers took defensive actions against faster team mates, letting the Drivatars race out of reach. Mathematically, the round is an L for Team Human if the AI sweeps the podium. Doing what it takes to ensure that doesn't happen is job number one because that's who we're racing. Thus, obstructing someone who might be better able to challenge the Drivatars is counterproductive to that.

Edited by user Sunday, April 12, 2020 12:43:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#735 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 11:32:10 AM(UTC)
I know practice makes perfect, but I wanted to stress, that a team event is different than a standard race (especially when the level is "unbeatable"). There were great team races in several trial events with clean races and members covering the leader instead of fruitless position changes. I prepare for the trial with a properly tuned car and switch mentally to "team mode".

The Baja Bug may not be the best car for the third race. I was able to to win the first and second races often with it, but I accept it might be my driving style (or the lack of it) that causes problems with the last race.

Edited by user Friday, April 10, 2020 11:34:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#736 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 11:37:47 AM(UTC)
The Baja Bug may not be the best car for the third race. I was able to to win the first and second races often with it, but I accept it might be my driving style (or the lack of it) that causes problems with the last race.

The VW Bug is strongest for the first race, then the Alumi Craft is a little better for the 2nd, and better by a little more for the 3rd. The last race is still winnable with the VW Bug. If you try rivals in the Bug, it's certainly possible to lap sub 39 with it, and that pace will win the 3rd race.
#737 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 2:46:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

The VW Bug is strongest for the first race, then the Alumi Craft is a little better for the 2nd, and better by a little more for the 3rd. The last race is still winnable with the VW Bug. If you try rivals in the Bug, it's certainly possible to lap sub 39 with it, and that pace will win the 3rd race.

I just did it again in the Bug, and won the 3rd race by a fair margin, with lap times that weren't anything too special. First lap was 42.2 due to traffic, then 39.6 and I didn't spot the last lap time but I think it was also in the 39s. I'd say if you can lap even around the 40 second mark in rivals you can win the last race.
 1 user liked this post.
#738 Posted : Friday, April 10, 2020 4:23:20 PM(UTC)
The Trial this week is brutal. The best car for me is the 69 VW Baja Class 5/1600. Finally got it done yesterday but it really really sucked. I used (B|700 NEW, DaddyBee42, B700) tune. I was grinding for hours until the right group appeared.

Edited by user Friday, April 10, 2020 4:26:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#739 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 4:18:00 AM(UTC)
Never had such a problem with a Trial like this one . . . Tried it atleast 15 times, when i drive good i got a bad team, and the only 2 times i was in a good team i was the one that made huge errors 🙄
#740 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 5:06:05 AM(UTC)
So after quite a few tries I managed to beat this one. Won the first 2 events and lost the third, then as the results are showing I get a disconnect. I'm not one for raging but **** that hurt.
#741 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 6:19:28 AM(UTC)
Jeez hey lol!!!!

Won 1st race, 2nd race came 1st again, needed 3rd race to take out the championship.

I'm in second about to go for 1st and my team mate is in 3rd in an RZR. Pushes me into a wall so he can be in front.

We didn't win.............what a moron.
 1 user liked this post.
#742 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 7:33:49 AM(UTC)
B class buggies is the worst ever! No fun! Tons of screaming and throwing stuff!
#743 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 10:46:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Waggy79 Go to Quoted Post
So after quite a few tries I managed to beat this one. Won the first 2 events and lost the third, then as the results are showing I get a disconnect. I'm not one for raging but **** that hurt.

Disconnects suck. If I restart the game every hour or so I seem to get less of them. I now always do regular restarts.
 3 users liked this post.
#744 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 12:24:47 PM(UTC)
I really wish the devs would actually playtest these events before putting them live. It seems like every other week there's a bad, super frustrating combination, yet they try to push everyone into doing them with the playlist. Worse, it seems like the devs haven't learned from past mistakes, as Cross Country, and especially buggies has always been a broken combination since day 1. At least the trial reward this week is merely a cosmetic item so if players can't do the trial they're not missing out on anything valuable (unless you REALLY want a bunny suit).

That said, there have been some really good trials as well, like the recent one with the B class affordable cars on tarmac.
2007 Toyota Blade Master G
2007 Toyota Blade Master G

Post Checklist: Spelling/Grammar - Constructive - Respectful
#745 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 1:18:09 PM(UTC)
Buggy Trial for Easter is a hopeless mess. The 300 point Rimac is a nice gift to the community if you couldn't get through the S2 trials to get one in the past, but I gave up after 10 or 11 tries for the buggy. one time I was nudged out of 3 checkpoints by red team, another time I watched a red-team car pull away from me like I was going in reverse...another time we had 1900 points when the 1st race ended and that reduced to 900 before the intro for the 2nd race.

For an AM SL? :) No Thanks :)

#746 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 1:35:19 PM(UTC)
Here's a nice idea. Make a Colossus, Gauntlet and Titan combo in winter. With a stock Reliant.
 1 user liked this post.
#747 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 7:53:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

As each week's event is revealed on Thursday, I’ve developed a habit to complete each challenge.

First, warm-up by completing the four chapters of the Weekly #Forzathon Challenge and snoop at the #Forzathon bonus page for a special bargain; seeing I have only 36,000 Forzathon points.

The Trail can be a hearty and difficult challenge to complete. Sure, I occasionally have finished on the first try and did it again over-and-over to help others. But the Trial usually is extremely difficult. The earlier we begin the Trial sets a path to a quicker completion because the Team will usually be assembled with better drivers.

The Summer “Easter Buggy” Trial proved to be tough!! Getting hooked up with a strong team is not easy. Many folks still come to the Trial with a untuned car. Hey, the JCW Buggy is a rolling roadblock. I have never found the Penhall Cholla a comfortable drive for me but loved the VW Bug more.

After several dozen attempts over 2½ days using both buggys and bugs, I wasn’t able to find workable tunes, and get better teammates. When I drove the bug well, the team was weak or quit early. Many other times, I missed a gate, drove into immovable objects, missed a shift, or just drove poorly.

I had a Class 5/1600 Baja Bug that ran a fairly good tune that I’ve used many times. I read that Breeminator was successful with his tune even winning all three courses. It’s a great tune! I could feel the extra power and loved the way it stuck to the ground. I was able to run faster and score more points than I ever did.

Alas, untuned cars with drop-out driver meant that I wouldn’t complete a Trial without a better team. This afternoon, another attempt, joined me with four bugs and a dang mini. FINALLY, a chance to end the frustration of failure. So sorry, that I just ran the poorest race ever with a great team. Those other guy/gals were fantastic drivers.

The first challenge, I finished with only 100 points at the last second (whew) to help beat the drivatarts. The team has four bugs finish to win the split. The second and third challenge were fruitless, zero points but as a team, we finished as champions.

But not the fault of the Breeminator Tune. I am grateful that my team and tuner support were terrific.

A great day! Now I should look to see whether there are any S2 races (ugh).

1969 Class 5/1600 Baja Bug
by Jim, on Flickr

BadRiver
Forza Veteran
Microsoft Xbox One X
#748 Posted : Saturday, April 11, 2020 8:40:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: STR3LA Go to Quoted Post
Here's a nice idea. Make a Colossus, Gauntlet and Titan combo in winter. With a stock Reliant.

hahahaha That would be infuriating.
#749 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 7:45:19 AM(UTC)
It's all about the VW Class 5 Bug.

I have a good tune up if anyone is interested. I've won all three races with it multiple times while trying to get matched with a decent team. It's titled "Unbeatable Win".

Good Luck on the Cross Country!
#750 Posted : Sunday, April 12, 2020 1:05:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HeadRusch1 Go to Quoted Post
Buggy Trial for Easter is a hopeless mess. The 300 point Rimac is a nice gift to the community if you couldn't get through the S2 trials to get one in the past, but I gave up after 10 or 11 tries for the buggy. one time I was nudged out of 3 checkpoints by red team, another time I watched a red-team car pull away from me like I was going in reverse...another time we had 1900 points when the 1st race ended and that reduced to 900 before the intro for the 2nd race.

For an AM SL? :) No Thanks :)

I don't blame you, but I'm also relieved to be in a position to laugh when the season changes and the 20 million credit auction listings for that car return.

Edited by user Sunday, April 12, 2020 3:08:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

34 Pages<<2829303132>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error