6 Pages<<23456PrevNext
#76 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2019 1:44:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Quadro40k Go to Quoted Post

Let this be a teaching opportunity given how much people are struggling with the Trial this week.

First race:

1:08 give the guy some space, there was a very real possibility of you ramming him into a tree
1:14 his fault, not yours
1:33 I'd have just gently tapped the brakes, let him pass, drafted behind him for as long as it lasts, mathematically certain he'd crash at some point shortly after, there is exactly zero point in fighting back
1:40 same thing, I'd have let the guy go, not even touching him
1:53 traffic car, i.e.: there's an obstacle on the road, flicker the brakes to reduce braking space, and stay deep on the inside of the corner
2:03 yes, there is a traffic car on your left, that is no excuse to remain so deep into the outside lane after you've overtaken it
2:05 O braking where art thou?
2:38 "..."

at that point so many players in your situation have given up entirely on the race and come dead last. But by not giving up, you keep overtaking Drivatars - for they too make mistakes even on Unbeatable - and keep putting points on the board for your team and removing them from the Drivatars, something fundamental that could conceivably help your team win, a rare feat

Second race:

3:22 nope, better to be sandwiched between the Bugatti and the Koenigsegg
3:29 dear newbies that lurk this forum, pay very close attention here: Quadro senses his car is going too far on the outside, decelerates, avoids hitting the wall on the right, and carves for himself a space between the mess of cars in front of him, this is excellent decision making in quite a short time
3:34 I'm not going to blame you because the Koenigsegg wasn't relenting and closed the door, it's not your fault, but even so, Unbeatable Drivatar or not I'm not driving through a wall
3:50 if you can't overtake the guy on the outside while leaving enough space, tap the brakes, draft and do it later, once again I simply do not fight, it's just not worth it
3:58 just no
4:25 at this point you've touched his car so many times he probably hates you, now you overtake him on the outside or don't, no reason to get yourself into a bizarre driving line

once again we see that despite the comedy of errors by all human and AI drivers alike, you put points on the board, and in this case your team manages to win. Thus avoids losing the championship and the Apollo. The Drivatars can keep their 1st and 2nd place all they want, humans don't even have to beat the fastest two at the finish line in order to win the race. Seizing the middle of the pack gives you enough points.

And why is that? It's because if you don't give up and avoid just coming dead last, you don't give 100 points to each Drivatar, and you earn more than 0 points. Funny that. Kids should try that sometimes...

There is no such thing as an excess of determination, consistency and safety. But if you convince yourself that there is no hope, your belief will help creating the fact.

+1 peoples should make these kinda teaching more, i hope i would be better in video editing so i would make videos showing what are good things to do in trial and what are not. But most important thing should be that dont intenantionaly ram your own team mates, if your team mates is going to pass you make her overtaking more easy because everybody in team benefits if good drivers can score more points.
#77 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2019 2:23:47 AM(UTC)
Quote:
+1 peoples should make these kinda teaching more, i hope i would be better in video editing so i would make videos showing what are good things to do in trial and what are not.

I'm recording most of my gameplay and I post seasonal champs. And I'm not very good so I do make all the mistakes your regular player would do. Feel free to dissect my failures and rare successes for a good cause :)
PTG Quadro40k

My Youtube Channel
 1 user liked this post.
#78 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2019 2:32:22 AM(UTC)
I use bumper cam so don't know what is going on behind me at higher speeds. I use minimap only which is fine when I see somebody faster behind me. Probably something like M7 has would be good. Or have a mirror for bumper cam which is common in other games.
#79 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2019 3:08:15 AM(UTC)
Quote:
+1 peoples should make these kinda teaching more, i hope i would be better in video editing so i would make videos showing what are good things to do in trial and what are not.

I'm recording most of my gameplay and I post seasonal champs. And I'm not very good so I do make all the mistakes your regular player would do. Feel free to dissect my failures and rare successes for a good cause :)

I just watch last race and there wasnt mutch action but i notice you drop too often gear in 1st gear, i just drive trial with F12 and i didint drop gear even once at 1st gear after start.
#80 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2019 3:17:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
Quote:

I just watch last race and there wasnt mutch action but i notice you drop too often gear in 1st gear, i just drive trial with F12 and i didint drop gear even once at 1st gear after start.

Do you use MC?

#81 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2019 3:24:01 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post

Do you use MC?

I normaly use just normal manual, but sometimes in rivals when car is mutch faster with clutch i use manual with clutch.

Edited by user Saturday, June 1, 2019 3:30:44 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#82 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2019 3:39:16 AM(UTC)
Quote:

I'm really lazy about it, I run auto in horizon.
PTG Quadro40k

My Youtube Channel
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#83 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2019 6:50:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Munch200375 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
If you go to the main trial thread, you'll see a 67 year old man didn't have any trouble. What's wrong with kids these days?

They're too used to getting everything and doing absolutely nothing to earn it...

This mid-40's bloke right here didn't have much trouble either after a few practice runs to familiarise myself with the tracks and the handling of my chosen car (Porsche 918) with whatever random tune I grabbed

Same here for this 50+ y/o.

I guess I need to quote everyone now cause these mods just merge topics to other topics and my posts appear to not be talking to anything relevent. Which is unfortunate, because quoting ends up making for a long post. Maybe whoever hosts these forums charges by the topic lol
#84 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 4:21:40 AM(UTC)
Wow! I managed it (the Trial/Apollo)!!!

Tried yesterday in a Ferrari F12TDF and a tune/upgrade by REXVRXBOX called ALL WEATHER. I failed miserably.

I was about to give up today but tried a Centenario with a tune/upgrade by breeminator called "Hyperspeed Trial".

Won the races and the Apollo first time. Many thanks breeminator. I couldn't have done it without you and a couple of good drivers on my team.
 2 users liked this post.
#85 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 8:49:00 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - thread merged - MM]

Tips for Hyperspeed

Okay this is simple, having played all day and helped people win the race.

Out of 14 races losing 3, I've found the cause and reasons why people are having issues:

1. Wrong car choice.

Picking cars which handle poorly and do not have acceleration or good breaking is the major reason you aren't winning. Not only does it cause you to fly off the road, but also prevents your team winning.

2. Ramming.

Using your team mates as breaks isn't just bad behaviour, it's what causes idiotic driving. Revenge ramming and mistakes by other teammates. The reason the BIG red lights are on in front is because your teammate is driving accordingly. It's vital to slow down prior to the corners, and accelerate quickly out of them.

3. Tune.

Don't just pick the 'Top Speed' tune available, chose a tune with Good handling along with good acceleration. Slapping on engine parts for top end speed whilst failing to apply suspension, breaks, tyres is a recipe for faliure.

4. Quit

Don't wait to the start of the next race to quit, if you drove poorly in the first race or you know your car isn't tuned correctly, quit in that race DO NOT wait for the next to start, it causes your team afterwards to make up for your lost points, don't just think about yourself. Which brings me onto the last point.

5. Team work.

If your first or second:

Slow the AI down for your other team members, don't just shoot off and have an ego trip, winning isn't about coming 1st overall, it is about your TEAM coming first over the AI.

Second player, don't try and ram your way past 1st driver, and same with others, if your team is winning, hold your position! Don't do something stupid which could take you and your team mate off the track..!!!

Although this is about the Apollo and everyone wanting it, the same principles actually apply to 'ANY' online race which involves teamwork.

It doesn't matter if you think your the best driver in the game, or have the fastest car, what matters is 'Teamwork'. If you ram your way to 1st whilst your pushing your team off track, you are acting a 'moron' politely put..!

Edited by user Sunday, June 2, 2019 8:54:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#86 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 10:34:28 AM(UTC)
If you go to the main trial thread, you'll see a 67 year old man didn't have any trouble. What's wrong with kids these days?

They're too used to getting everything and doing absolutely nothing to earn it...

This mid-40's bloke right here didn't have much trouble either after a few practice runs to familiarise myself with the tracks and the handling of my chosen car (Porsche 918) with whatever random tune I grabbed

Lets drop the "them darn whippersnappers" routine, it's plenty easy to talk down to those who are complaining when you've lucked out on the draw and essentially got "easy mode" for this challenge by being paired with other competent players.

That's the problem with this challenge, imo; is that variable of being grouped with random players. There is no doubt in my mind, that if this were a solo event with me vs unbeatable AI; that I could beat it with a bit of practice. Because I regularly play against unbeatable ai. But instead I would have to team up with other players, and my performance alone would not be the determining factor in this challenge.
You picked some day to finally find the devil in your eyes, looking inside mine
Youre a long way from paradise. Say goodbye, youre the boy who cried
Im the wolf outside your door and youre in trouble
with every wolf you saw before and youll never last long
 2 users liked this post.
#87 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 11:23:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Shay Feral Go to Quoted Post

Lets drop the "them darn whippersnappers" routine,

Lemme guess, it offends you.....
 2 users liked this post.
#88 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 11:43:31 AM(UTC)

This geezer had no problem either. Come prepared (I used AWD Veneno tuned for all the grip in the world), drive slow to go fast (slow in, fast out), eight wheels have more grip than four (it's okay to lean on drivatars but NOT on your teammates), and it's okay to use TCM and STM (they have those on real cars too).
#89 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 12:16:51 PM(UTC)

My post, when read in it's entirety; should provide some insight.
 2 users liked this post.
#90 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 12:32:14 PM(UTC)

Not really. Either it does, or it doesn't.

As for the rest of your post, I guess you're saying of the 5 accounts I played the trials on, and acquired 5 Apollo's, I got lucky 5 times with random players. In a sense, it is a little lucky with at least a couple decent random. But I didn't need practice to take 1st.
#91 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 12:48:34 PM(UTC)

Not really. Either it does, or it doesn't.

As for the rest of your post, I guess you're saying of the 5 accounts I played the trials on, and acquired 5 Apollo's, I got lucky 5 times with random players. In a sense, it is a little lucky with at least a couple decent random. But I didn't need practice to take 1st.

Eyup, that's what I am saying.
 2 users liked this post.
#92 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 1:20:17 PM(UTC)

Eyup, that's what I am saying.

Guess I better go buy a lottery ticket then.
 2 users liked this post.
#93 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 1:44:07 PM(UTC)
Believe it or not, I actually won the Trial and claimed the Apollo. Our team won 2 of 3. My car was the Pagani Huayra S1-966. Tuning by me.
Before attempting, I practiced each track about 5 times in Pro. Never came in better than 2nd, but..... after I completed all three without a rewind I attempted the Trial and we won in two attempts. Everyone on blue team had 300 points or better. This race was hectic....... I need a nap now.... and I'm 51 so I'm taking one... ......geez,my steering wheel is smoking a little bit
 2 users liked this post.
#94 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 2:29:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FreshGALNET Go to Quoted Post
[i]............................... or good breaking is the major reason you aren't winning...............

..................Using your team mates as breaks..............................

.................................whilst failing to apply suspension, breaks............................

You mean "BRAKING and "BRAKES"? Just asking!
Brake or Break?

#95 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 9:42:41 PM(UTC)
Its really screwed up that we have to play online just to get a car that everyone wants, obviously. Not only its it nearly impossible to get it against unbeatable A.I. cars (even if the settings are on ‘New Racer’), it’ll never show up in the Forzathon Shop nobody will put it in the Auction House unless the can get $20m out of it. Its really spiteful of Playground Games to do this to their players. I personally despise playing online period. It really makes me mad that they do that. Its seems they don’t consider the people that don’t even have/can’t have an online account that want the car too. I hope they see this thread and re-think their choices.
#96 Posted : Sunday, June 2, 2019 11:35:05 PM(UTC)
The problem with “The Trial” is that, quite frankly, it’s not fun or even remotely enjoyable. This is called “The Trial” for a reason.

I get the difficulty factor, but the constant ramming and the behavior of the drivatars ruins it.
 1 user liked this post.
#97 Posted : Monday, June 3, 2019 2:44:00 AM(UTC)

Do I need to bring this out again?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tbbKjDjMDok
A Forza fan since the very beginning way back on original Xbox but apparently I'm just a troll who knows nothing...
#98 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 5:23:01 AM(UTC)
I've tried to beat the Hyperspeed trial at least 15 times. Maybe 20. The first race, half of the real players will immediately fly off of the track and get you way behind the avatars. I've consistently placed in the top three, but always lose by all five other racers. The second race, one more will drop out right after the race starts. I hate that they make us rely on other gamers to get exclusive cars. I'm going to just have to wait for the Apollo IE to show up somewhere else. I give up.
#99 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 5:45:19 AM(UTC)
As always:
Contact me over Xbox messages later today and I'll queue up with you. I'm sure some other players from the forum are willing to help, too.
#100 Posted : Tuesday, June 4, 2019 7:54:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post
As always:
Contact me over Xbox messages later today and I'll queue up with you. I'm sure some other players from the forum are willing to help, too.

Fine I guess i'll help lol but I wont be home until 430 PST
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
6 Pages<<23456PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error