6 Pages12345>>PrevNext
#51 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 12:04:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post
For trial Zonda C is best choise another than that i have nothing good say abaout it, people dont know how to drive, AI dont know how to drive, match making is failed 3 times allready, AI ramming all the time etc.

Oh and most annoying thing ever ghost collisions, it's so nice to take corner when without reason game runs you out of road.

So true, the AI doesn't know the racing line ! We need the anti-collision system in solo mode too. Maybe the drivatars try to mimic the average player ?
#52 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 12:43:16 AM(UTC)
How long is going to be before this harrier challenge is fixed

Edited by user Friday, May 31, 2019 12:11:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#53 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 12:44:51 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DADDY YULE Go to Quoted Post
How long is going to be before this is fixed

Try restarting your console properly if you are having issues

Is there anybody else not being able to get it done

Edited by user Friday, May 31, 2019 12:56:42 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 1:41:02 AM(UTC)
No issues here .... Make sure it is the right kind of race ... Cross country event...not a circuit
 4 users liked this post.
#55 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 2:03:55 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Quadro40k Go to Quoted Post

Let this be a teaching opportunity given how much people are struggling with the Trial this week.

First race:

1:08 give the guy some space, there was a very real possibility of you ramming him into a tree
1:14 his fault, not yours
1:33 I'd have just gently tapped the brakes, let him pass, drafted behind him for as long as it lasts, mathematically certain he'd crash at some point shortly after, there is exactly zero point in fighting back
1:40 same thing, I'd have let the guy go, not even touching him
1:53 traffic car, i.e.: there's an obstacle on the road, flicker the brakes to reduce braking space, and stay deep on the inside of the corner
2:03 yes, there is a traffic car on your left, that is no excuse to remain so deep into the outside lane after you've overtaken it
2:05 O braking where art thou?
2:38 "..."

at that point so many players in your situation have given up entirely on the race and come dead last. But by not giving up, you keep overtaking Drivatars - for they too make mistakes even on Unbeatable - and keep putting points on the board for your team and removing them from the Drivatars, something fundamental that could conceivably help your team win, a rare feat

Second race:

3:22 nope, better to be sandwiched between the Bugatti and the Koenigsegg
3:29 dear newbies that lurk this forum, pay very close attention here: Quadro senses his car is going too far on the outside, decelerates, avoids hitting the wall on the right, and carves for himself a space between the mess of cars in front of him, this is excellent decision making in quite a short time
3:34 I'm not going to blame you because the Koenigsegg wasn't relenting and closed the door, it's not your fault, but even so, Unbeatable Drivatar or not I'm not driving through a wall
3:50 if you can't overtake the guy on the outside while leaving enough space, tap the brakes, draft and do it later, once again I simply do not fight, it's just not worth it
3:58 just no
4:25 at this point you've touched his car so many times he probably hates you, now you overtake him on the outside or don't, no reason to get yourself into a bizarre driving line

once again we see that despite the comedy of errors by all human and AI drivers alike, you put points on the board, and in this case your team manages to win. Thus avoids losing the championship and the Apollo. The Drivatars can keep their 1st and 2nd place all they want, humans don't even have to beat the fastest two at the finish line in order to win the race. Seizing the middle of the pack gives you enough points.

And why is that? It's because if you don't give up and avoid just coming dead last, you don't give 100 points to each Drivatar, and you earn more than 0 points. Funny that. Kids should try that sometimes...

There is no such thing as an excess of determination, consistency and safety. But if you convince yourself that there is no hope, your belief will help creating the fact.

Edited by user Friday, May 31, 2019 2:35:36 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#56 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 2:19:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Quadro40k Go to Quoted Post

Let this be a teaching opportunity given how much people are struggling with the Trial this week.

that's very much what it's intended to be, yes! Thanks for going into details on this!

Quote:
3:58 just no

Oh, I absolutely hated myself for this - as you said, just no.

Quote:
4:25 at this point you've touched his car so many times he probably hates you, now you overtake him on the outside or don't, no reason to get yourself in a bizarre driving line

I felt really sorry to the guy but he kept breaking in odd places and I kept hitting his back. So yeah, I don't think he likes me very much after that race.
PTG Quadro40k

My Youtube Channel
 2 users liked this post.
#57 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 5:07:54 AM(UTC)
Your video, Quadro, and analysis, BabySeal, were very informative to watch. Thanks!

I think folks that quit races early don't realize that they need to learn the tracks before they can be competitive. Instead of quitting, stick it out.....learn the track. Every time you race it you will be better. Practice, practice, practice! Also, I rarely add power to my S2 cars, they are just too much for me to handle. For any racing I am typically around PI 925.
 1 user liked this post.
#58 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 7:08:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bad Bad Mige Go to Quoted Post
OMG Stop quitting after a minute into the first trial race people!!!!

I humbly disagree. It took me 2 tries to get this done. Not enough people quit the first time around. Second try, half the team quit and that made the difference. I carried easy wins on the last 2 races and I had some decent teammates. For the trials, I actually PREFER others quit, in this case, less is more. I remember a long while back, all of my team quit during the first S2 dirt race of the trial and I skated to an easy victory. Anything S2 these days I use my P1
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
 2 users liked this post.
#59 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 9:14:38 AM(UTC)
Ya the less teammates you have in the trial the easier it is. Less points for the AI.
 1 user liked this post.
#60 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 10:06:22 AM(UTC)
SEE! Hix gets it...very simple. Now when it comes to online team. I hate when the other team quits early

#61 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 10:29:13 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Bad Bad Mige Go to Quoted Post
OMG Stop quitting after a minute into the first trial race people!!!!

I humbly disagree. It took me 2 tries to get this done. Not enough people quit the first time around. Second try, half the team quit and that made the difference. I carried easy wins on the last 2 races and I had some decent teammates. For the trials, I actually PREFER others quit, in this case, less is more. I remember a long while back, all of my team quit during the first S2 dirt race of the trial and I skated to an easy victory. Anything S2 these days I use my P1

That is the dirty little secret of Trials!

How my Trial went this week:
I think there was a server hiccup in my first trial as I ended up in it with the Mosler 999 I had used to clear the Speed Trap Seasonal.
I have read about people showing up in "illegal" cars and assumed hacking but I can confirm it might be a server glitch!

2nd try we lost 1st race, won 2nd and lost 3rd BUT we still won (I think it somehow counts different if one of your team leaves during the race or the game gets confused).
The tally of points was different in the result page compared to the race display.
In any case I got the Apollo.

Edited by user Friday, May 31, 2019 10:30:00 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#62 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 10:52:16 AM(UTC)
Did you try a point-to-point event? I think the problem is that the text doesn't match the underlying rule.
 2 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#63 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 12:08:20 PM(UTC)
Win a cross country event, icon shows point to point, seems relatively straight forward, worked fine for me
#64 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 12:11:13 PM(UTC)
i am doing the Spring races, i just did 2, three race championships and its saying not completed, is this is a glitch?

Championship: "Super Saloon Slalom" | Broadway Village Scramble | A800 Super Saloons
Reward: Wheelspin

this was the one of the ones i did , i got the wheelspin, but saying not completed

Edited by user Friday, May 31, 2019 12:14:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#65 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 12:39:30 PM(UTC)
Don't get me wrong,I loved Forza.Now I'm so mad because of the fact I HAVE to play with idiots,no offense or anything but I'm sick and tired of this.I had people leave in the middle of one race in this stupid Trial.I can't even get it in the Auction House because I'm nowhere going near online racing again!I'm so mad I could rip my FH4 Disc in half...if that Apollo appears again,it better not be in a Trial event...Edit:This isn't hate to T10 or Playground,just voicing my fustratian.

Edited by user Friday, May 31, 2019 12:42:39 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#66 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 1:10:02 PM(UTC)
Hi you can add me on xbox live (I don't own an xbox anymore but I play on pc) and let's do it together. Oh and just ignore the trolls and fanboys that are gonna mock you (probably won't happen though because I think this thread will get locked soon).
#67 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 1:46:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Honor Virtus Go to Quoted Post
No issues here .... Make sure it is the right kind of race ... Cross country event...not a circuit

I completed this by doing a cross country circuit race. I forget the name, but it's the cross country circuit race close to Broadway Village Circuit, in the town at the bottom of the map ... where the Forzathon whose first challenge is jumping the church starts.

Edit ... upon further review, it didn't pop up. Needs to be point to point.

Edited by user Friday, May 31, 2019 3:22:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#68 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 2:16:22 PM(UTC)
@Abell thats the riverbank but I tried doing it at the north city circuit, it didnt pop for me. At least not yesterday, I havent done the one for today yet. I'll be home in an hour. The cross country non-circuit race I did yesterday was whitewater, near the quarry

#69 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 3:01:43 PM(UTC)
Well, even though by points my team lost the first race, we got credit for it anyway and split the next two races! Glad that happened, sure didn't want to fool with this much more! Was winning one race and dropped to almost last for missing a flag by about a foot, ugg!

Edited by user Friday, May 31, 2019 7:08:52 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#70 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 3:14:12 PM(UTC)
So, the process when someone makes a post that hopefully will get seen by someone involved in programming, you merge it with another thread where they will never read it??? Nice! SMH!! Nice to see you care about the users!
#71 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 3:19:25 PM(UTC)
I find it way easier to control the car in cockpit view versus chase cam. Yeah, you can see the shape of things better in 3rd person, and the experts can do fine in 3rd person ... but with small steering inputs, you can really see the difference being in the car versus being 10m behind it.

Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
@Abell thats the riverbank but I tried doing it at the north city circuit, it didnt pop for me. At least not yesterday, I havent done the one for today yet. I'll be home in an hour. The cross country non-circuit race I did yesterday was whitewater, near the quarry

Yeah, I take that back. I was pretty sure it popped up and I'd finished all I could do yesterday, then got on today and saw it hadn't. Ignore me and carry on, people.

Edited by user Friday, May 31, 2019 3:29:05 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#72 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 3:47:18 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: LethalKRS74 Go to Quoted Post
So, the process when someone makes a post that hopefully will get seen by someone involved in programming, you merge it with another thread where they will never read it??? Nice! SMH!! Nice to see you care about the users!

The solution to stopping the hackers is to slow down the searches per search. If it takes us 30 seconds to do a search we will not be hindered, but less than 30 seconds starts to delay the next search by 10 seconds. A computer hack will therefore end up slower than a human after just two searches.
 3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#73 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 5:27:07 PM(UTC)
If you go to the main trial thread, you'll see a 67 year old man didn't have any trouble. What's wrong with kids these days?
#74 Posted : Friday, May 31, 2019 5:35:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: sp0rtsfan39 Go to Quoted Post
i am doing the Spring races, i just did 2, three race championships and its saying not completed, is this is a glitch?

Championship: "Super Saloon Slalom" | Broadway Village Scramble | A800 Super Saloons
Reward: Wheelspin

this was the one of the ones i did , i got the wheelspin, but saying not completed

What drivatar level are you racing against
Must be highly skilled or higher to be marked as complete..as per event descriptions
 2 users liked this post.
#75 Posted : Saturday, June 1, 2019 1:04:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
If you go to the main trial thread, you'll see a 67 year old man didn't have any trouble. What's wrong with kids these days?

They're too used to getting everything and doing absolutely nothing to earn it...

This mid-40's bloke right here didn't have much trouble either after a few practice runs to familiarise myself with the tracks and the handling of my chosen car (Porsche 918) with whatever random tune I grabbed

Edited by user Saturday, June 1, 2019 1:05:13 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

A Forza fan since the very beginning way back on original Xbox but apparently I'm just a troll who knows nothing...
6 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error