#1 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 2:53:38 PM(UTC)
I’m really REALLY sorry. I’ve been searching and reading for hours and I can’t find recommendations for the G920 on Xbox AFTER the 2018 FFB changes.

I’ve managed to get a decent setup for FH4, and I like the way it feels. Obviously, FM7 is totally different because I cannot get the in-game settings to give me anything other than hot garbage.

It seems like every post I find about the g29/g920 is by someone using it on PC where you have additional software settings, but that doesn’t help console players...

Now, even since December there have been more FFB updates. I’m really frustrated and just want a usable baseline setting for this wheel. The “default” in-game is trash.

I really appreciate any help and apologize again for beating this poor dead horse.
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 4:11:46 PM(UTC)
Hi there,

These are the settings I use. You could use this as a starting base and go from there:

Steering Axis Deadzone Inside: 0
Steering Axis Deadzone Outside: 100
Acceleration Axis Deadzone Inside: 5
Acceleration Axis Deadzone Outside: 100
Deceleration Axis Deadzone Inside: 0
Deceleration Axis Deadzone Outside: 100
Clutch Axis Deadzone Inside: 15
Clutch Axis Deadzone Outside: 70
Handbrake: 0 - 100
Vibration Scale: 0
Force Feedback Scale: 100
Aligning Torque Scale: 200
Mechanical Trail Scale: 75
Pneumatic Trail Scale: 170
Road Feel Scale: 170
Load Sensitivity: 100
Wheel Damper Scale: 35
Centre Spring Scale: 45
Dynamic Damper Behavior: 100
Wheel Rotation Angle: 540
Steering Linearity: 50

Hope that helps.
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 7:11:04 PM(UTC)
WOW. that’s super aggressive, I’m not sure that will work for me, I found I was really fighting the wheel for control, BUT it feels 1000% better that what I’ve been able to achieve so far. Reminds me of my A-Spec GT Force on PS2 Thank you!!

I do have to wonder though, am I misunderstanding the descriptions of the settings?? I was making small adjustments here and there, but your settings are extreme or total opposites of what (I thought) I was going for.

Edited by user Sunday, May 12, 2019 7:16:48 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 7:23:13 PM(UTC)
No worries. I've progressively made my wheel feel heavier while keeping it fairly easy to manage. If you think you need it lighter, try changing the Force Feedback Scale and Wheel Damper Scale first. Play around with those and then you can possibly tweak the others.

BTW, I'm no top of the leaderboard type racer, just do it for fun.

Edit: You know what, I don't know if I'm using Simulation steering or Normal steering because a while back, using Simulation steering made using the g920 difficult. I'll have to check later.

Edited by user Sunday, May 12, 2019 11:03:36 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 5:04:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Crusin75 Go to Quoted Post
BTW, I'm no top of the leaderboard type racer, just do it for fun.

Hey I get it! I’m way slower on the wheel but it’s a lot more fun. I can usually hit top 200 on the leaderboards with a controller but I’m getting older and the wheel doesn’t hurt my hands as much lmao.

I’m hoping I’ll have more time to play with settings over the next couple of days and I’ll check to see if there’s a noticeable difference between sim and normal steering.
#6 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 5:34:34 PM(UTC)
I couldn't find the setting for setting it to sim or normal setting, I might be getting confused with Forza Horizon. One thing about the settings I use is that it has got rid of most, if not all, the FFB deadzone it normally has which also causes that annoying knocking on the gears. But, your milage may vary. Will be interested to see how you find it. Cheers.
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 5:47:15 PM(UTC)
“Normal” steering definitely makes it less of a struggle, but it kind of makes for a vague experience overall. I’m going to leave it on “simulation” and build off of the settings you gave me. I’ll post back once I’ve got something I’m happy with!
#8 Posted : Sunday, January 24, 2021 10:18:28 AM(UTC)
how can i make this lighter steering mate? :)
#9 Posted : Monday, January 25, 2021 3:28:59 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ConnorWood26 Go to Quoted Post
how can i make this lighter steering mate? :)

You can't...
But my question is Why ? you have to fix it on a base that absorbs the force feedback so the weight does not matter...

I have it on a Raceroom R3055.
My challenge : World TOP 1% Chrono on tracks of forza Motorsport 7 : https://www.youtube.com/...UCoglxGVsI6P0-pF9asRL74Q

Notification

Icon
Error