This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 9:29:43 PM(UTC)
As the title states, whenever I enter the tunnels on the highway drag strip my game crashes. I bought the game 2 weeks ago and it ran flawlessly the first week, but starting last Friday it would start crashing anytime I entered said tunnels. Sometimes its as soon as I enter. Occasionally I can manage to get through once or twice, but at some point it will 100% crash in the tunnel. No idea what is causing this or how to fix it.
Troubleshooting techniques I've tried:
-Resetting game/repairing game file in apps: Didnt work.
-Reinstalling the game: Didnt work
-Updated Driver(RTX 2070 Ultra): Didnt work
-Updated Windows: Didnt Work
-Lowered graphics to low and turned off different things such as shadows: Didnt work.

Currently at a loss for what else I can even try. Obviously I can just avoid the tunnels but as that is one of the most popular spots on the map it pretty inconvenient to always avoid them.
I submitted a ticket for the issue 5 days ago and have yet to receive a response so im hoping someone may be able to help me with my issue. Do ticket response times always take this long?
Any help would be much appreciated.

Edited by user Monday, May 13, 2019 10:31:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#2 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 2:49:01 AM(UTC)
Same issue since roughly April. Entering the tunnel no matter which side will randomly crash the game..

Only fix I have found for this is dropping the Nvidia driver back down to 419.67 as anything higher causes the crash.

My setup for reference
i7 6700
32GB DDR4 Ram
Nvidia RTX 2080
Driver Version with crashes: 425.31, 430.39, 430.64
Driver Version without crashes: 419.67

Hope this helps, even a little :)
Rank: Driver's Permit
#3 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 9:54:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ImagicaGaming Go to Quoted Post
Same issue since roughly April. Entering the tunnel no matter which side will randomly crash the game..

Only fix I have found for this is dropping the Nvidia driver back down to 419.67 as anything higher causes the crash.

My setup for reference
i7 6700
32GB DDR4 Ram
Nvidia RTX 2080
Driver Version with crashes: 425.31, 430.39, 430.64
Driver Version without crashes: 419.67

Hope this helps, even a little :)


Thanks! I'm trying this solution now. Been playing with zero crashes from January up until late April when the game started crashing randomly.
After seeing this thread I remembered it indeed has been in tunnels when it has crashed and it started after updating my Nvidia driver.

My setup:

Ryzen 7 2700X
32GB DDR4
Nvidia RTX 2070

Game hasn't crashed yet after rolling back to 419.67 driver.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#4 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 7:41:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ImagicaGaming Go to Quoted Post
Same issue since roughly April. Entering the tunnel no matter which side will randomly crash the game..

Only fix I have found for this is dropping the Nvidia driver back down to 419.67 as anything higher causes the crash.

My setup for reference
i7 6700
32GB DDR4 Ram
Nvidia RTX 2080
Driver Version with crashes: 425.31, 430.39, 430.64
Driver Version without crashes: 419.67

Hope this helps, even a little :)


Just rolled back to 419.67. Did about 10 run throughs of the tunnels with no crashes. Thank you so much for the help.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#5 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 2:50:20 AM(UTC)
No worries, glad I could help :)
Rank: Driver's Permit
#6 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 12:24:39 PM(UTC)
It really irks me that this thread has been edited or marked as "Resolved". Surely it's a workaround if you're required to downgrade graphics drivers in order for the problem not be noticed anymore...?

There's not enough posts about this subject. Ever since the game updated last week, this has been an issue - why should I mess about with driver version when ultimately Turn 10 / Microsoft / whoever simply need to fix the game, knowing that messing about with GPU drivers can cause issues in other things unless you use something like DDU.
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#7 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 10:31:52 PM(UTC)
may be you should have a look at Nvidia website ;)
and you'll know that 's a Nvidia's drivers bug:

"200515120-Forza Horizon 4: Game may crash when driving through specific tunnel"

until you'll see that Nvidia have fixed the problem, Don't update your drivers.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 7:02:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Drierith Go to Quoted Post
may be you should have a look at Nvidia website ;)
and you'll know that 's a Nvidia's drivers bug:

"200515120-Forza Horizon 4: Game may crash when driving through specific tunnel"

until you'll see that Nvidia have fixed the problem, Don't update your drivers.


Congratulations for making an assumption - did you even bother to read the posts on this thread?
I didn't update my graphics drivers - they're the same as they were two weeks ago, when I could drive through these tunnels without any problem at all.
Now I can't, because the game crashes. It's something Turn 10 / Playground Games / Microsoft have done that's causing the issue.
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#9 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 3:15:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ScouseGaffa Go to Quoted Post
It really irks me that this thread has been edited or marked as "Resolved". Surely it's a workaround if you're required to downgrade graphics drivers in order for the problem not be noticed anymore...?

There's not enough posts about this subject. Ever since the game updated last week, this has been an issue - why should I mess about with driver version when ultimately Turn 10 / Microsoft / whoever simply need to fix the game, knowing that messing about with GPU drivers can cause issues in other things unless you use something like DDU.


Resolved seems to be appropriate, it's not exactly as if they've claimed it's fixed. And it appears you are able to play again.


Vice president, moderated club.
Rank: Driver's Permit
#10 Posted : Saturday, May 18, 2019 8:50:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ApacheUSA247 Go to Quoted Post
As the title states, whenever I enter the tunnels on the highway drag strip my game crashes. I bought the game 2 weeks ago and it ran flawlessly the first week, but starting last Friday it would start crashing anytime I entered said tunnels. Sometimes its as soon as I enter. Occasionally I can manage to get through once or twice, but at some point it will 100% crash in the tunnel. No idea what is causing this or how to fix it.
Troubleshooting techniques I've tried:
-Resetting game/repairing game file in apps: Didnt work.
-Reinstalling the game: Didnt work
-Updated Driver(RTX 2070 Ultra): Didnt work
-Updated Windows: Didnt Work
-Lowered graphics to low and turned off different things such as shadows: Didnt work.

Currently at a loss for what else I can even try. Obviously I can just avoid the tunnels but as that is one of the most popular spots on the map it pretty inconvenient to always avoid them.
I submitted a ticket for the issue 5 days ago and have yet to receive a response so im hoping someone may be able to help me with my issue. Do ticket response times always take this long?
Any help would be much appreciated.


Too this day i have problem with that ;/
Rank: B-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Sunday, May 19, 2019 8:31:32 AM(UTC)
I'm getting this too. Gonna try the 419.67 driver now and see if it fixes it.

edit - yes it apparently has. It was previously crashing within seconds of being in the tunnel, every time (I tried it half a dozen times with different settings just in case). With the old driver, no crashes in a few mins of driving in the tunnels.

Edited by user Sunday, May 19, 2019 8:51:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Driver's Permit
#12 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 10:03:09 AM(UTC)
430.86 new driver and still the same......now im going back at 419.67 and we will se if that works thanks alot guys but big " no no " for nividia?or forza 4?
Rank: Driver's License
 2 users liked this post.
#13 Posted : Monday, May 27, 2019 10:59:38 PM(UTC)
as i already said, it's a Nvidia driver's bug and until they explicitly say that the problem is resolve;
Don't update the Nvidia's driver:

and it's still here with 430.86, read the release note before:

Windows 10 Issues :

[NVIDIA Control Panel]: When the 3D Settings page->Vertical Sync setting is set to Adaptive Sync (half refresh rate), V-Sync works only at the native refresh rate after rebooting the system. [2543187]

[Grand Theft Auto V]: Brief flickering/corruption occurs in the game when MSAA is used. [2583604]

[Forza Horizon 4]: The game may crash when driving through tunnels. [200515120]

[Tom Clancy's The Division II]: The game may crash when played in DirectX 12 mode. [2587043/200406322]
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Thursday, May 30, 2019 6:03:50 AM(UTC)
For anyone finding this thread, would just like to confirm had the exact same issue with Driver 430.86 on 2 Nvidia graphic cards.

And would also like to confirm 419.76 works perfectly with both cards. So quickly google that specific driver, download and install and your game will no longer crash (In tunnels anyway)
Rank: Driver's Permit
#15 Posted : Thursday, June 6, 2019 2:15:07 PM(UTC)
Hello! Im a real noob at all this stuff but ive tried going back to older drivers (Currently on 430.63, was on 430.86). I have no idea how to get to the one you say can fix it (419.67)! Is it even possible? Ive tried all the fixes the internet has to offer but nothing really works. This is my last hope. Plz halp.

Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#16 Posted : Friday, June 7, 2019 10:17:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JustBengan Go to Quoted Post
Hello! Im a real noob at all this stuff but ive tried going back to older drivers (Currently on 430.63, was on 430.86). I have no idea how to get to the one you say can fix it (419.67)! Is it even possible? Ive tried all the fixes the internet has to offer but nothing really works. This is my last hope. Plz halp.



just have a look here:

Win 10 Nvidia DRV hotfix
Rank: Driver's Permit
#17 Posted : Sunday, June 23, 2019 10:51:18 AM(UTC)
I installed 430.97 and the "tunnel crash" does appear resolved, but has anyone noticed an FPS drop in FH4 with these latest drivers (both 430.97 & 431.18)?
To verify, I rolled back to 419.67 on my 2080ti (OC'd Aorus Xtreme) and I get 132 FPS (solid). On the new drivers I was getting 95-113 fps.

Edited by user Monday, June 24, 2019 1:48:47 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Notification

Icon
Error