4 Pages<<234Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#76 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 2:49:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tardii Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: gairsy101 Go to Quoted Post
Why are only some convertible cars eligible for the summer specials champship. Is it only specific roadsters or is there some grouping that covers the included cars that I’m not aware of?

Also the Mazda MX-5 and Abarth 124 won’t shown on the eligible cars lists but were amoug the cars used by the drivetars

I had this same question. There's only 4 cars shown when I select "view eligible cars": Eagle Speedster, Lotus 340R, Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage, and Porsche 718 RS 60. But when enter the event There are 12 cars available (only 1 is from the 4 eligible cars) because they happen to be A class.

"View Eligible Cars" doesn't look at your garage, but at the Autoshow. It searches for cars that could be allowed to participate without any tune, as soon as you buy them.
#77 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 3:29:42 AM(UTC)
So it might've been possible to find a car for that event that wasn't terrible for it. Seems for some of the more creative events there's still no one way to actually find out which cars are eligible.
#78 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 3:48:35 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rultsch Go to Quoted Post
So it might've been possible to find a car for that event that wasn't terrible for it. Seems for some of the more creative events there's still no one way to actually find out which cars are eligible.

Pick a random race, go to blueprint creation, pick summer specials, click on view eligable cars.
#79 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 4:38:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Tardii Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: gairsy101 Go to Quoted Post
Why are only some convertible cars eligible for the summer specials champship. Is it only specific roadsters or is there some grouping that covers the included cars that I’m not aware of?

Also the Mazda MX-5 and Abarth 124 won’t shown on the eligible cars lists but were amoug the cars used by the drivetars

I had this same question. There's only 4 cars shown when I select "view eligible cars": Eagle Speedster, Lotus 340R, Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage, and Porsche 718 RS 60. But when enter the event There are 12 cars available (only 1 is from the 4 eligible cars) because they happen to be A class.

"View Eligible Cars" doesn't look at your garage, but at the Autoshow. It searches for cars that could be allowed to participate without any tune, as soon as you buy them.

Yeah, sometimes I'm able to find a Forza edition or exclusive car in my garage that didn't show up under Eligible cars. Which is nice, because I often have a tune handy for those.

Best way around it, I've found, if you don't like the autoshow options available, check the "theme" of the race, and see if you have any cars that match. Sometimes it's one or two different divisions, or manufacturers, which makes it easy. Then go to your garage, check that division or manufacturer, and see if you have a non-autoshow car that matches. Make sure it's tuned to the right class, and then try to start a championship with it.

This one's a bit harder, since it seems to be "convertibles" or something somewhat vaguely defined. I just used the Eagle, since I bought it for a championship last fall that I ended up not doing, and hadn't used it since. I figured I should get some use out of it.
#80 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 11:51:47 AM(UTC)
Has anyone had any success on the Meyers Manx portion of the challenge in getting 200k? No matter what I try I can't get higher then 175k.

Obviously I'm missing something, any tips?
#81 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 12:15:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: MrEff1618 Go to Quoted Post
Has anyone had any success on the Meyers Manx portion of the challenge in getting 200k? No matter what I try I can't get higher then 175k.

Tip 1: Book it either to the Airstrip or the Beach Parking lot (two of the best places in the game to grind skill points in freeroam). The story points you to the beach parking lot, but you could just go north to the airstrip.
Tip 2: Drift + Sideswipe (the fences at the beach, or the yellow drag strip tape at the airstrip)
Tip 3: Add in some 180s, wreckage, air (if at the beach), crash landings (if at the beach), binman, drifts, drifts, and did I say drifts?
Tip 4: You don't need to bank the chain at the end, just keep going without losing the chain
Tip 5: Don't wreck
#82 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 12:33:32 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JurassicJoeDawg Go to Quoted Post

Tip 1: Book it either to the Airstrip or the Beach Parking lot (two of the best places in the game to grind skill points in freeroam). The story points you to the beach parking lot, but you could just go north to the airstrip.
Tip 2: Drift + Sideswipe (the fences at the beach, or the yellow drag strip tape at the airstrip)
Tip 3: Add in some 180s, wreckage, air (if at the beach), crash landings (if at the beach), binman, drifts, drifts, and did I say drifts?
Tip 4: You don't need to bank the chain at the end, just keep going without losing the chain

How exactly?

I've tried it multiple times at both the beach and the airfield and you simply don't have the time to get anything more then 175k.
#83 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 12:56:43 PM(UTC)

How exactly?

I've tried it multiple times at both the beach and the airfield and you simply don't have the time to get anything more then 175k.

Go for the red fences at the airstrip. Don't let the chain bank.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 14, 2019 12:57:30 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#84 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 12:38:05 AM(UTC)

I found that if you crash and lose the skill chain (even early on) you'll struggle to get the points required, you need to keep one chain going to be in with a chance. Because of this I headed away from the beach and drifted around the fields taking down as many fences and trees as possible. It's definitely possible, keep trying!
Alfa Romeo - "Making drivers into mechanics since 1910"
#85 Posted : Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:05:36 AM(UTC)

How exactly?

Airstrip: This guy took 4+ attempts, here is his successful attempt.
https://youtu.be/DJclV46iK20?t=3791

Beach: This guy was definitely risky with the jumps and not very efficient on his way to the "skilling zone," but it worked. I would also avoid the dark brown wooden barriers on the beach as those can easily break the chain of a light vehicle like the Meyers Manx.
https://youtu.be/EB1MiTAISaQ?t=98

Other Notes:
- The Meyers Manx is lightweight, these vehicles are susceptible to losing their chain if the "destructible" objects they hit are heavy enough or you hit a long line of items (i.e. a long run of rock wall or traffic guardrail) to significantly slow your vehicle. I would avoid heavy objects when collecting wreckage skills and try to hit destructible barriers from the side (don't drive in line with them).
- Hold drifts long enough to get to at least great or amazing drifts, utlimate is even better if you have the space to hold it (regular drifts back and forth are too small)
- As others have mentioned keep one long chain going from start to end and DO NOT stop to bank.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 15, 2019 9:07:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#86 Posted : Thursday, May 16, 2019 7:08:43 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XXX 2zigenTuner Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: rultsch Go to Quoted Post

Pick a random race, go to blueprint creation, pick summer specials, click on view eligable cars.

Thanks for the tip.

But it doesn't show exclusive cars in that list, even if you own them.

I entered the championship with the BMW i8 Roadster, wich is stock an A class car and has "roadster" in his name, so I thought I'm save.
But it is a DLC car, so they forgot to add it to the summer specials category...annoying.

I ended up doing it with the 99' Lotus Series 1 Sport 190.
Was fun, but I wanted to do it with my DLC car...

From what I've seen, only 5 cars were eligible stock.
4 Pages<<234Prev

Notification

Icon
Error