4 Pages1234PrevNext
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#51 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 9:47:32 AM(UTC)
In case anyone is interested, I'm gonna throw a superfast on the auction at 12:50 CST, that's -6:00 GMT. Don't be late.
#52 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 1:59:01 PM(UTC)
This weeks Trial was one of the best so far. Had a good team and we won it at first try.

Showcase remix was cool, took one effort.

I got very lucky with Playground event too, great team, opposite team quit on round 3, easy win. I like how we get to try all different sorts of cars. Tuned Ford Anglia for joke to this even and then it turned out to be surprisingly good. Never came to think that could work.

I think I did all the PR stunts with Bugatti Veyron SP. Windmill is fun, though I don't see myself getting anywhere near world records.

Did S2 Championship with Ferrari F50 GT I think. Good champ, though I read somewhere that requirement is now Highly Skilled instead of Expert? Expert was good though.

Locked Horns Championship was really tight for me. I started with mildly upgraded Dodge Challenger SRT Demon, couldn't push to the first position in first two races and upgraded it a bit for final race. Luckily winning that was enough to win the championship. For me this was very enjoyable I think 'Vette or Viper could really ace the champ.

Summer Specials was another one where I get to try new car. I actually wanted to it earlier but never get to do that, Lotus Elise Series 1 Sport 190. Didn't do any upgrading nor tuning and it turned out to be really fun car which made the champ good experience. Haven't really tried the Mini convertible yet.

Morgan playlist thing, learning to drift with it was fun but I needed to switch off-line mode to get requited Threading the Needle skills. I don't think that was intended.

Car Files was... short. I think my favourite mission was Morris Minor mission. Driving that insanely tuned thing to main event listening to some rock tongue firmly in cheek. Took a while to figure out I need longer distance to get enough speed for 3 stars. Chevy Utility Sedan mission was great too. Both VW Bug missions and the last one with Mazda MX-5 Miata. Overall I liked Car Files a lot more than Skillstreak.
 1 user liked this post.
#53 Posted : Friday, May 10, 2019 11:44:31 PM(UTC)
Not sure why they put "car files" as part of the playlist. I hate those story things personally. There's no way that I can see to 3 star the skills one with the Manx in the time given. If anybody knows any tricks for that one it may save me from smashing my screen.
#54 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 12:02:42 AM(UTC)
I need e46 gtr 2002 Can I get it in the future?
#55 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 12:57:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post
Not sure why they put "car files" as part of the playlist. I hate those story things personally. There's no way that I can see to 3 star the skills one with the Manx in the time given. If anybody knows any tricks for that one it may save me from smashing my screen.

Like somebody wrote, try the airport. I did it on the second try because car is light and I lost my first chain from start for heavier "fence". It's better to have only one for the whole score.

1 user liked this post.
#56 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 1:06:20 AM(UTC)

High tail it down to the dunes by the castle where all the fences are. Don't try to get points on the way or you will run out of time. I managed to get 242,000 there
#57 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 1:07:24 AM(UTC)

Head straight to the drag strip on the beach and just drift up and down through the light yellow fences. They don’t get heavy enough to break the chain and in this specific event(as far as I can tell) you don’t need to let the chain bank for it to count. You need 40,000 points with the max multiplier, x5, to get to 200,000. Once you get that keep going till it ends and you’ll get it.

[Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Edited by user Sunday, May 12, 2019 9:06:51 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#58 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 1:24:20 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Clutch63 Go to Quoted Post

It took me a few tries because you won’t get 40,000 till about 10-14 seconds left. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Why banking?

Edited by user Sunday, May 12, 2019 9:07:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#59 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 1:37:36 AM(UTC)
I’m very irritated w. FH4 right now. Has anyone else experienced the broken seasonal championship “LOCKED HORNS” Chevrolet VS Dodge? I entered the event & completed in 2 races according to the requirements (S1-Chevy or Dodge) 1st place against HIGHLY SKILLED DRIVATARS BUT no reward (Charger Daytona) I’ve raced each available race AND did so following all restrictions/requirements listed but still, no reward, no completion, no credit which is EXTREMELY frustrating considering I bought a car w. my real money ($2.69-19’ Corvette ZR1) just to beat the drivatars because it was so difficult to beat them on highly skilled. I’ve done this over & over but nothing happens! Please help me! Anyone know if it’s something I’m doing or is it a bug? Thanks.
#60 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 4:00:52 AM(UTC)
Yeah, it's really high skilled for everything. And it really asks you if you have less. Love it!
 1 user liked this post.
#61 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 4:40:29 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FXDWG2003 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
2 things this week:
1. How come they lowered the AI difficulty down a notch to Highly Skilled?

2. I think it is great that one of the Championships is S2998. Perfect place to make use of the Superfast!

I agree Mike, the super fast made short work of the S2 championship. Sure am glad I have one!

I am going to report the both of you for trolling the forums....as soon as I get done racing across the map in my Ferrari Superfast!

Oh? You noticed that did you??😁😂🤣

Well, it was pretty obvious!! 👍
So I tried that rewind button, took me all the way back to Forza 2....
#62 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 1:03:24 PM(UTC)
As long as the championship rewards require a victory, I'm fine with lowering the difficulty level. My preferred playstyle in FH3 is stock cars with pro difficulty and trying to finish in the top 4, which isn't always that simple if the stock setup is underpowered or handles terribly. Call me bad or whatever, but I would have a billion times more fun with the Trials as well if it was Pro instead of Unbeatable. I usually do "okay" against unbeatable but it's rarely any fun for me - tends to make me floor it as much as possible instead of driving more carefully, leading to all kinds of failing.

As for the Horizon Story being part of the playlist, it's four weeks, right, not just one? I really don't like rushing through the stories, still have many of them unfinished, but a month probably isn't too restricting.
#63 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 1:32:06 PM(UTC)
I love stocks too. Not for everything but makes sense to take new stock car and race with it. Tuning and choosing the right car for Unbeatable is good too but still I would rather try every stock car in the game.
 1 user liked this post.
#64 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 2:01:44 PM(UTC)

Head straight to the drag strip on the beach and just drift up and down through the light yellow fences. They don’t get heavy enough to break the chain and in this specific event(as far as I can tell) you don’t need to let the chain bank for it to count. You need 40,000 points with the max multiplier, x5, to get to 200,000. Once you get that keep going till it ends and you’ll get it.

It took me a few tries because you won’t get 40,000 till about 10-14 seconds left. [Mod Edit - Abbreviated profanity, profanity and profanity that is disguised but still alludes to the words are not permitted - D]

Better to go for the red fences, they give a 1000 point "road open" bonus every time you hit them.

Edited by user Sunday, May 12, 2019 9:08:07 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#65 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 2:49:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: rultsch Go to Quoted Post

As for the Horizon Story being part of the playlist, it's four weeks, right, not just one? I really don't like rushing through the stories, still have many of them unfinished, but a month probably isn't too restricting.

Yeah, it's a whole month, and it's actually not too bad. A couple of them gave me a little trouble to get all three stars, but I was able to get through them.

#66 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 3:45:31 PM(UTC)
Not touched the Story, don't intend to. A story would have to be outrun the nuke or something to be interesting.

Edited by user Saturday, May 11, 2019 3:47:54 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#67 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 5:40:26 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post

Why banking?

Not sure what exactly you’re asking. If you’re drifting and wrecking things your chain will keep going till you stop and let the skills catch up. That takes 10 seconds or so, then you have to wait for the 6 second period of doing nothing for the chain to bank.

Banking means the chain ends and you get the points. You’re banking the skill chain.

In other events you have to let it bank to get the score to complete the event. But this one is different in that it automatically banks when the events timer runs out.

Edited by user Sunday, May 12, 2019 9:09:39 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#68 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 5:42:50 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XXX 2zigenTuner Go to Quoted Post

Better to go for the red fences, they give a 1000 point "road open" bonus every time you hit them.

I don’t know, it takes more time to get to the airport and whatever vehicle is used is really fidgety to begin with so the time to go across the land could prove detrimental to your score. I’ll see if I can up my score that way.

Edited by user Sunday, May 12, 2019 9:10:17 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#69 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 12:57:24 AM(UTC)

Why banking?

Not sure what exactly you’re asking. If you’re drifting and wrecking things your chain will keep going till you stop and let the skills catch up. That takes 10 seconds or so, then you have to wait for the 6 second period of doing nothing for the chain to bank.

Banking means the chain ends and you get the points. You’re banking the skill chain.

In other events you have to let it bank to get the score to complete the event. But this one is different in that it automatically banks when the events timer runs out.

I always use all time and don't care about banking. And I don't remember any situation where it didn't work.

Edited by user Sunday, May 12, 2019 9:10:40 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#70 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 5:15:23 AM(UTC)

Why banking?

I always use all time and don't care about banking. And I don't remember any situation where it didn't work.

I can confirm that you don't have to bank. I had a 200,000+ skillchain going when the timer ended that didn't bank, and I got three stars. The skillchain banked when I was returned to freeraom. Just be careful not to break your chain.

Edited by user Sunday, May 12, 2019 9:11:04 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#71 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 2:31:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CallMeAsmodeus Go to Quoted Post
I’m very irritated w. FH4 right now. Has anyone else experienced the broken seasonal championship “LOCKED HORNS” Chevrolet VS Dodge? I entered the event & completed in 2 races according to the requirements (S1-Chevy or Dodge) 1st place against HIGHLY SKILLED DRIVATARS BUT no reward (Charger Daytona) I’ve raced each available race AND did so following all restrictions/requirements listed but still, no reward, no completion, no credit which is EXTREMELY frustrating considering I bought a car w. my real money ($2.69-19’ Corvette ZR1) just to beat the drivatars because it was so difficult to beat them on highly skilled. I’ve done this over & over but nothing happens! Please help me! Anyone know if it’s something I’m doing or is it a bug? Thanks.

You need to do the 3 races as marked by the championship

You werent forced to buy that car either
Easily done with most of the other available cars too
Even at stock since the AI gets matched to you

Edited by user Monday, May 13, 2019 1:53:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#72 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 3:22:05 PM(UTC)
It's 3 races, I used a Dodge Viper.
 1 user liked this post.
#73 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 5:26:19 PM(UTC)

I don't think I've had a single event where banking is _required_ to achieve the total (obviously you can't break the chain but that is different), I've lost count the number of times that time has expired with my current chain is still active and the game auto-banks for me, in all manner of events.

I think Forzathon Live might be the only time where you actually need to bank within the time limit for it to count (although can't say I've had many Skill Scores in Round 3, let alone at the end of the time limit)
#74 Posted : Monday, May 13, 2019 2:00:27 PM(UTC)
So, during the last Playlist you could get the Hot Wheels Twin Mill and Mustang. In this one, the Boneshaker.

Could the Rip Rod show up soon? Maybe in the #Forzathon Shop?

Edited by user Monday, May 13, 2019 2:03:58 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#75 Posted : Tuesday, May 14, 2019 1:59:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: gairsy101 Go to Quoted Post
Why are only some convertible cars eligible for the summer specials champship. Is it only specific roadsters or is there some grouping that covers the included cars that I’m not aware of?

Also the Mazda MX-5 and Abarth 124 won’t shown on the eligible cars lists but were amoug the cars used by the drivetars

I had this same question. There's only 4 cars shown when I select "view eligible cars": Eagle Speedster, Lotus 340R, Maserati Tipo 61 Birdcage, and Porsche 718 RS 60. But when enter the event There are 12 cars available (only 1 is from the 4 eligible cars) because they happen to be A class.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error