28 Pages12345>>PrevNext
 4 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#51 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 1:18:49 AM(UTC)
We're aware of this issue and currently looking into it.

Edited by user Thursday, May 16, 2019 11:49:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#52 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 1:44:25 AM(UTC)
Cool that you noticed, and I already submitted the ticket. But what do we do in the meantime, no play the game, will it have an impact to the progression we make in the meantime etc.?
#53 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 1:53:14 AM(UTC)
I wondered why my Agera RS had no Perks, so put them on again and got a few credits for my trouble. How on earth are they going to rectify this as I presume there is no record of the Perks that had already been allocated. They are going to have to do some serious compensating somehow!
 3 users liked this post.
#54 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 1:56:25 AM(UTC)
RetroKrystal, I trust that you will pull the update, so as no one else gets unnecessarily affected, until this is sorted out!
#55 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 2:08:45 AM(UTC)
On the one hand, my missing Ferrari Dino appeared back in my garage, on the other all the cars I've bothered to check have lost all their skill points.
I'm prepared to forgive that upon them adding the MB 300SEL to the game. It's a glitch which I'm sure will be fixed. C'est la vie.
 6 users liked this post.
#56 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 2:08:46 AM(UTC)
oh poobags ... I downloaded the update last night and like has been said ...scared to start the game ...

I have sooo many cars with sooooo many perks maxed ...
even if I was given 10000 perks as 'compensation' it would take an age to apply them all again ...
#57 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 2:31:29 AM(UTC)
Some of mine have been reset, but not the ones I wanted. LOL. My Maserati 300 was unscathed, but my limo got reset.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 8, 2019 2:36:45 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

5 users liked this post.
#58 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 2:39:24 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RetroKrystal Go to Quoted Post

Umm... Where have I heard this before? Ah yes, I heard something like this in relation to broken FH3 Rewards months ago.

If you're one of the players affected, please submit a ticket on our support site.

And expect a response in 3 to 6 months.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 8, 2019 3:12:27 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#59 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 2:45:14 AM(UTC)
Not found any criteria that could explain which car is affected or not. Does not seems to be at car level since several cars including regalia still ok. honestly, I accept not fixing the loss only if one of following - they add a button to max out a car in one click and offer enough points to max like a 100 cars
or
- maxout all my current favorite cars.
#60 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 2:58:36 AM(UTC)
I started my game up after windows did an automatic update of the game as it does and I have lost literally thousands of perk points on my vehicles. I own 4 of some vehicles like the rebel ram trx concept which needs 70 perk points to fully perk it up and all 4 of mine were perked up, ALL GONE that is 280 perk points right there alone which I did re-apply to my rebels as I had just shy of 700 perk points in the bank. I used 280 on the rebels and another 180 on 2 other cars and now I find out that they will disappear again when I restart my game. I have 1,230 hours in this game and I own 741 cars and only 20 of them at the most were not perked up. After finding just 9 models of vehicle with the perks gone and finding out that I just wasted another 400+ points I gave up looking at cars and I only checked in total 17 different cars which is a fraction of the amount available in my garage as I own every single car in the game except a couple of the pre-order cars. This error they have created is a full on game breaker for me and I do not see any point in playing it anymore till this is fixed and I am given back my perks on my cars. I have earned over 65,000 perk points according to the stats in my game as I like to buy tvr sagaris and use 110 perk points on it then sell the forza version it unlocks so that I am not wasting perks points as once you hit 999 it stops adding them to the bank and you lose any points that you earn once you have 999 in the bank and using them earns you levelling up xp which is always handy to have for ranking your character up. This is why you should always use perk points and should never let it hit the 999 mark as they do not count for anything after that which is just a waste and quite frankly sheer stupidity. I hope to god this gets fixed properly ASAP as this is my favourite game which I play for 6 - 12 hours every day when I play it.
 2 users liked this post.
#61 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 3:13:29 AM(UTC)
Due to the thread getting onto a new page I'll repost -

We are aware of the issue and are looking into getting this fixed. Currently, unlocked perks may reset when you exit the game.

We recommend avoiding spending any points until the issue has been resolved. We will update you when we know more.

Edited by user Thursday, May 9, 2019 7:17:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#62 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 3:13:53 AM(UTC)
RIP to all rare vehicle prices...Sagaris FE, Regalia D, GTR LM and so on. What are you going to do about this?

Press Joy X to pay respects...

Edited by user Wednesday, May 8, 2019 3:14:35 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#63 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 3:13:56 AM(UTC)
For me, it seems random. Some cars are fine, others have been reset. :-/
 3 users liked this post.
#64 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 3:17:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post
For me, it seems random. Some cars are fine, others have been reset. :-/

Yes, currently some cars are affected and some aren't. We're unsure why but currently trying to find the answer to that
 2 users liked this post.
#65 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 3:33:04 AM(UTC)

If you're one of the players affected, please submit a ticket on our support site.

Done. Ticket submitted.

Yes, currently some cars are affected and some aren't. We're unsure why but currently trying to find the answer to that

Well, cars of all stripes seem affected. Cars I need, cars I use frequently, cars I mastered.

Currently perks will restart when you exit the game.
If you do spend any points for perks, you will loose these. However you will also get the perk you've unlocked.

If you don't want to loose anything, I would resist from spending them untill the fix.

Now, if I may propose a solution, the closest approximation to a possible compensation for all these players who invested hours upon hours on grinding their Car Mastery Points and spending them all over their collections - and we know we're obviously talking about more than 999 points in many cases - is to have all their cars in their garages fully mastered.

Going from a situation where one has 0 Car Mastery Perks and none can be permanently gained, to its exact opposite, full Car Mastery and no more resources need to be spent.

Unless, of course, the brave souls at PG, Forza Support, etc. do have the means to resurrect each and every Perk from its grave, as if nothing happened.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 8, 2019 4:07:23 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#66 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 3:54:34 AM(UTC)
I filled a ticket form but did it under 'game save corrupted' "The Forza 4 update (08/05/2019) has removed the perk upgrades from most of my cars. When I tried to upgrade a car the points were gone again when I rebooted. This is a game breaker for me. I have put over 550+ hours into this game.". As far as I am concerned Turn ten have corrupted my cloud and local game save.
#67 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 4:05:19 AM(UTC)
Yeah lost all my perks too. Time to grind some drifting 🤷🏼‍♂️
 3 users liked this post.
#68 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 4:06:52 AM(UTC)
Yeah, filling the ticket form wasn't intuitive. Is it a bug? Is it an error? Is it a problem with the cars? The save game? The Festival? The garage? You only get to choose one. The distinctions between those categories are arbitrary, and what the hell is it anyway? I bet that if the good folks in charge of fixing this mess knew the answer to those questions, they'd be very close to solving it too.

Edited by user Wednesday, May 8, 2019 4:07:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#69 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 4:07:45 AM(UTC)
Well, I installed the update last night, but had no plans on playing until tomorrow. So I guess I have Schrödinger's perk tree.
#70 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 4:29:55 AM(UTC)
There is no mention of this problem on Forza Support or Playground Games Twitter.
#71 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 4:42:03 AM(UTC)
In case nobody has checked, the amount of Skill Points and car Perks earned is listed in the Stats tab in-game. Shouldn't be hard for the devs to come up with the amount we lost.
#72 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 4:51:15 AM(UTC)
Well I didn't keep a record of all the cars I've maxed. but it was many. I guess I'm out of luck since I can't report anything specific.
#73 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 5:00:47 AM(UTC)
I lost all fo my skills perks too
#74 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 5:06:20 AM(UTC)
I didn't play yet but if game knows how many perk points I had and maxing out will on one button click (not 60) it's not that bad. Still I think they can fix it completely because save is probably OK but some game logic is not.
 1 user liked this post.
#75 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 5:08:00 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
In case nobody has checked, the amount of Skill Points and car Perks earned is listed in the Stats tab in-game. Shouldn't be hard for the devs to come up with the amount we lost.

The game acknowledges 999 as the cap on the amount of unspent Car Mastery Points you can have, though. It's not like credits where you can bank millions. And even though I consider myself new at this game, I happen to have spent more than 999.

Fully mastering a car can cost 100 of those, so you wouldn't be able to master 10 cars, let alone hundreds.

Naturally if they increse the cap, even temporarily, this may no longer be an issue: they could very well repay us in full. The problem is that such a change could introduce new bugs of its own. Sometimes the therapy is worse than the disease it was supposed to treat.
28 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error