28 Pages1234>>PrevNext
#26 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 6:20:57 PM(UTC)
yeah, all applied skill points have been removed... restarting the game removes them again, if you spend them on a car...

also, there seems to be an issue with the stats as well, finished business has been reset to 0/3 (previously 2/2), earned stars also (0/90) - tho they still show up as completed with 3 stars when you look at them in the business (supercar rental/taxi)
 10 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#27 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 6:41:27 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: J1ndu Go to Quoted Post
yeah, all applied skill points have been removed... restarting the game removes them again, if you spend them on a car...

also, there seems to be an issue with the stats as well, finished business has been reset to 0/3 (previously 2/2), earned stars also (0/90) - tho they still show up as completed with 3 stars when you look at them in the business (supercar rental/taxi)

They're just extending playability. Be thankful!
#28 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 6:48:18 PM(UTC)
I think I like the multiple gamer tag option for extending playability better,,, lol

Then again, this whole 'chase the moving target' is a hoot.
#29 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 7:21:40 PM(UTC)
I was just about to make a thread myself, on almost every car I bought all of the wheel spins and maxed a few drift cars. Then I was one perk away from maxing out Bugatti I use for Forzathon lives. This really sucks.
#30 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 7:27:48 PM(UTC)
Yes, many car peaks have been reset.
In particular, it is fatal that the peak of the car that can efficiently obtain skill points such as the Renault 5 Turbo FE has been reset.

Well, is this part of the challenge to make us feel a sense of accomplishment?
Like cars locked behind Festival Playlist.
Personally, I have already felt a sense of accomplishment, so no more challenges are necessary...
#31 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 7:33:09 PM(UTC)
Same here, lost all my cars perks.
 4 users liked this post.
#32 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 7:36:55 PM(UTC)
Well if you don’t have a Regalia Type D, now is the time to get it from the AH (or you could wait till the next series for the 50% reward). The AH is flooded with Quartz Type Ds now 🤣 I wonder how that happened 🧐

Edited by user Tuesday, May 7, 2019 7:42:37 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#33 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 7:48:03 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FluffyChip90800 Go to Quoted Post
Well if you don’t have a Regalia Type D, now is the time to get it from the AH (or you could wait till the next series for the 50% reward). The AH is flooded with Quartz Type Ds now 🤣 I wonder how that happened 🧐

I'm just gonna hope it gets fixed and wait it out. Cause I don't want to risk exploiting a accidental bug that wasn't supposed to happen. I feel like it'll be best to just continue to do everything normally, but not buy anything off of the Auction house that isn't normally there. Plus, I've heard people got banned from other games with similar cases like this all becuase the developer made a mistake. So, I suggest maybe to wait it out and play it safe.
 5 users liked this post.
#34 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 7:53:40 PM(UTC)
I say they have 24 hours to fix or publically announce who did the poor coding, who failed to QA and their bosses and they have all been terminated. This kind of garbage has gone on long enough and there need to be consequences for producing poor unacceptable work and then publishing it.
#35 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 7:56:18 PM(UTC)
Can confirm. Mine are all gone. Every single one.
 4 users liked this post.
#36 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 8:17:02 PM(UTC)
I'm afraid to start my game now, and I was a few percent away from the 50% reward for this season.
 5 users liked this post.
#37 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 8:17:28 PM(UTC)
i had max out over 700 cars, every car except dup, that's over 70000 perks, i dont want to lose them all!

Edited by user Tuesday, May 7, 2019 8:18:04 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 users liked this post.
#38 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 8:45:18 PM(UTC)
Right now after hearing about this, I do not want to start Horizon 4 and risk losing all of the skill points I’ve spent on my cars. What’s worse is that I’m close to completing the Spring Seasonal events on the Festival Playlist with only the Daily Challenges left! So that just throws things off for me. They’d better be working on this now, because it obviously has annoyed pretty much everyone. I’d prefer it be solved by midnight, Friday (as that’s when a day finishes for CST in Australia) so I can just complete the last two Dailies before Series 9 comes into full effect. I’m the type of player that wants to go all-out and fully complete each season and series; someone who has a lot of commitment.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 7, 2019 9:25:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Further extension to original post.

Driver, designer and photographer. A man that does almost everything possible.
 6 users liked this post.
#39 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 9:27:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: tempanon Go to Quoted Post
I'm afraid to start my game now, ...

This.

#40 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 9:58:01 PM(UTC)
A mildly entertaining bug. I'm interested in the extent they'll be able to address it.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
#41 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 10:36:23 PM(UTC)
I paused the update download in the Windows Store. I hope that is sufficient to avert disaster. Fortunately, I left the client running, so it is still the old binaries. But I know it will crash eventually.
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 11:49:33 PM(UTC)
Looks like it's not even 9am in the UK yet. It's going to take a while for them to do a fix.
#43 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 11:51:39 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
A mildly entertaining bug. I'm interested in the extent they'll be able to address it.

Might possibly be included in "Top 10 game developer fails for 2019" videos on YouTube, unless they can salvage people's game saves. Not as bad as completely corrupting a game save, but pretty bad. Only time will tell.

1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 12:09:54 AM(UTC)
That's very unfortunate. I've maxed over 300 cars, a lot of time.
 2 users liked this post.
#45 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 12:17:35 AM(UTC)
I might have lost my perks but at least I don't have the constant "garage full" pop-up anymore. A small price to pay.
"
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 12:18:39 AM(UTC)
Remember: Do not cancel an update in progress, as it will delete the whole program, forcing you to download dozens of GB again. Just put on hold, pause it.
This behaviour of the updater program is annoying, but this is how it works. Do not cancel, just pause it, or the problem will be worst.

We don't know what will happen when a newer update (the hotfix for the perks issue) will be available but an older one is queued and on hold though.
#47 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 12:38:11 AM(UTC)
I didn't get the update since my hoonicorn is still fully loaded.
It's caper time boys! (R53 lover!)
 1 user liked this post.
#48 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 12:39:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: grolschie Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post

Might possibly be included in "Top 10 game developer fails for 2019" videos on YouTube, unless they can salvage people's game saves. Not as bad as completely corrupting a game save, but pretty bad. Only time will tell.

I find the perks to be largely meaningless, with the marginally profitable ones being made more profitable by this bug. Had the perks been useful enough that I chased them a tenth as fervently as some here have, I'd probably be more angry than bemused myself. Definitely needs to be fixed as soon and as completely as possible.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 12:45:09 AM(UTC)
I never used perks, forgot those were even a thing
#50 Posted : Wednesday, May 8, 2019 1:17:31 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: RallyMaster1211 Go to Quoted Post
I didn't get the update since my hoonicorn is still fully loaded.

apparently it hasn't affected everyone, you might be a lucky one

have you checked for updates though
28 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error