5 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 5 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 12:20:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YoungBumpy Go to Quoted Post
No info on the next expansion.

And like someone said why arent all these cars available for purchase. Some one can win a z8, but it up for auction for in game currency. But y'all don't want to sell it for $3. I Bought the car pass and wound up downloading around 2 of the cars a month. Now that the car pass is over they make the bmw z8, mb eclass, mb 180... all prize cars. What about ultimate edition owners. I play horizon maybe 3 hours a week now a days so I miss all of these...

the game is amazing with a g920 regardless. Thx

They stated last week that there would be no information on the expansion.

BMW Z4, X-class, etc are all free content. Ultimate Edition owners, with the exception of the upcoming expansion, have gotten everything they paid for and as advertised, all other content from this point on is either going to be free or paid DLC.

3 hours a week is more than enough time to earn most of the prize cars. I reached 50% on the playlist in less than 2.

Either way someone will complain. They offer the cars for free people complain they have to work for it and can't just get them in their garage. They make people pay for them and people will complain that they have to pay for them even though they have the Car Pass.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 7, 2019 12:22:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

7 users liked this post.
#27 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 12:20:31 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sendo Tenshi Go to Quoted Post
"This Story is included as a portion of the Monthly section of the Festival Playlist (proportional percentage)"

Why? Why force a timeframe on Stories now? This isn't a good idea IMO, should've left this off the playlist. This lowers the percentages of other events to fit this in. Remove Playground Games off the Playlist to fit this in, if anything.

I wouldn't call it a forced timeframe since the Story will be available after Series 9. I assume it will affect the % offered by other events toward completion, but at least for the fans of solo play this should be a benefit in the form of another way to earn completion.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 7, 2019 12:21:12 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#28 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 12:52:08 PM(UTC)
What classes will be available in Custom Adventure? Only A, S1 and S2?
#29 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 12:53:20 PM(UTC)
B, A, S1, and S2. They'll monitor feedback about D,C, and X to consider adding those options in the future.
#30 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 12:53:34 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Sorry to sound negative, but I can't see custom adventure working. I think it needs to have a way to see what adventures are available to join. So I might want to race e.g. road without freeroam rush, but don't care what class or if collisions are on or off. If everyone has to pick specific options and can only match those options, you're going to really struggle to find an adventure. If people could see what adventures are available to join, they could instead pick from the ones available. If they really truly don't want to play anything already available, then they can set parameters to create a new one that other people can see when they look at what is already available. I think that would have much more chance of getting decent numbers of people in the same adventure.

Yup, they need to do this in ALL multiplayer modes. One of the most frustrating things regarding Ranked Online Adventure is that there is no feedback whatsoever or any indication of how long you might be waiting for a lobby to get into. There needs to be an indicator of how many players are currently in ranked lobbies and how many are currently searching for a specific type of adventure. For example, if there are 11 out of 12 people waiting for an S2, Road Racing, Freeroam Off, Collisions Off lobby and I was thinking of doing an S1 Road Racing, Freeroam Off, Collisions off lobby, where maybe there was only 4 out of 12 currently searching for that option, I might change my parameters so that I could join the 11 out of 12 lobby and get into a game instantly.

Another, type of indicator that would help people decide what type of lobby they wanted to queue up for would be an Estimated Wait Time. When I go to get a hair cut and I check-in they give me the option to just get my haircut by the next available person with a wait time of AA minutes, or I could select a specific person and wait for XX minutes.

I didn't watch the stream, but I sure hope they left an option for: "I don't have a preference, just stick me in the next available game ASAP, so I don't sit here forever waiting for a game." Based on a screenshot I saw posted on discord it looks like there are 4 different parameters you can choose from. Type of Race, Class, Freeroam on/off, and collisions on/off. That means you have 4 choices of race type, 4 choices of class for each of those types, 2 choices for freeroam, and 2 choices for collisions. This equals 4x4x2x2=64 different possible options. I think based on what I read on the forums that you could assume a majority will pick Road, S1 or A class, no freeroam and no collisions. I suspect ranked racing will basically become just those two options as anyone looking for any of the other 62 different lobby types will be waiting for an eternity to get a 12 out of 12 lobby. So sorry to the minority of players that want to play ranked in dirt, x-country, or street racing, and anything with freeroam on.... I think those game modes just died.

*Edit: updated to 4 class types for each type of race based on Manteo's post above. That ups the number of options from 48 to 64.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 7, 2019 12:59:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#31 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 1:08:59 PM(UTC)
At least we don't have to hear about the super fast
#32 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 1:09:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: dR3K0b Go to Quoted Post
Does anyone know how big the update will be? Just got done watching the stream and when I asked the dude only said "it's gonna be huge".....

I am on Xbox One X and the update was 2.58 GB for me.
#33 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 1:16:50 PM(UTC)
I love that Mini JCW Buggy! Especially it's enormous "MINI" lettering on the back xD
#34 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 1:20:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

Well I, for one, do want to hear about the Superfast.
 1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#35 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 1:29:01 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post

Lol, that didn't take long😁
#36 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 1:40:35 PM(UTC)
@kitt40 you already downloaded the update???? Well damn now I wanna rush home lol #excited
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#37 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 1:42:22 PM(UTC)
The update can be downloaded right now, and it's 2.13 GB on PC.
#38 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 1:43:47 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
@kitt40 you already downloaded the update???? Well damn now I wanna rush home lol #excited

Yeah 20 min ago.

I might have found a new bug or something, because my skills that I unlocked/activated in the skill tree were reseted for some unkown reason and that for all my cars.

Edited by user Tuesday, May 7, 2019 1:51:55 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#39 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:00:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: kitt40 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post

Yeah 20 min ago.

I might have found a new bug or something, because my skills that I unlocked/activated in the skill tree were reseted for some unkown reason and that for all my cars.

Outstanding! I got an hour left here at work, if the update turns out to be as fun as the stream showed, I'll be up late tonight
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:03:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Sendo Tenshi Go to Quoted Post
"This Story is included as a portion of the Monthly section of the Festival Playlist (proportional percentage)"

Why? Why force a timeframe on Stories now? This isn't a good idea IMO, should've left this off the playlist. This lowers the percentages of other events to fit this in. Remove Playground Games off the Playlist to fit this in, if anything.

Arent you lucky you only need 80% to get everything
Leave both of those off and you can still get 80%
What's the issue
I don't even bother with playground games since they reduced it..still getting 93-94% each week

Edited by user Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:12:40 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#41 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:03:21 PM(UTC)
The only thing I don't understand is... Why the Mini Countryman is in the Offroad division? O_o
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:17:57 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post

And I, for o ne, hope there are challenges for me to use my Superfast this Season
 1 user liked this post.
#43 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:21:48 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: YoungBumpy Go to Quoted Post

BMW Z4, X-class, etc are all free content. Ultimate Edition owners, with the exception of the upcoming expansion, have gotten everything they paid for and as advertised, all other content from this point on is either going to be free or paid DLC.

3 hours a week is more than enough time to earn most of the prize cars. I reached 50% on the playlist in less than 2.

Either way someone will complain. They offer the cars for free people complain they have to work for it and can't just get them in their garage. They make people pay for them and people will complain that they have to pay for them even though they have the Car Pass.

obviously you have no problem with the current procedure and you seem happy with that, only this self-centered thinking is confined and does not lead to any results. ( "I can do X so everyone can do X") and "somebody will complain even then" as an argument/informal fallacy that you can not improve /should change the evident on the current system, and you should be happy with what you have because it could be a lot worse..... last but not least scornfully overstatements like "they have to work for it and can't just get them in their garage". the actual problem is the way you can get the cars, there are now associated with all sorts of annoying and time-consuming tasks, when, for example, look at FH3,how humane and decent the tasks were in comparison. These are completely different circumstances in terms of time -task ratio, why do not give the players the option to choose how they would receive the car, so almost everyone can be pleased,satisfied and happy? ether pay for them or do annoying rubberbanding offline races and sometimes you are forced to complete coop online challenges with random people wich requires in addition to a xbox live gold subscription a lot of patience ,technically you have to pay to get the chance to "acquire" cars,clothes,emotes for "free".I hope that in the future they will orient themselves back 2 the #forzathon system of FH3.

1 user liked this post.
#44 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:25:38 PM(UTC)
Only fixed the sound on one car?! How about replacing that awful 80's synthesizer sounding generic Racing V12 that we transplant into many cars?
 1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:32:00 PM(UTC)
Lots of reports of people having had all their perks removed (me included). Oopsie.
 1 user liked this post.
#46 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:51:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Swooshiain Go to Quoted Post
Lots of reports of people having had all their perks removed (me included). Oopsie.

Same here, but its actually great news for me and everyone with 100+ skill points and a Quartz Regalia if you know what I mean ;)
#47 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:54:20 PM(UTC)
I absolutely love all that is being added and fixed!! Especially the wallriding/ramming and audio sounds for several cars! I just wonder if the fix will be applied to only online adventures, or any and all online races. Because now I kind of worry how difficult the trial will be in Spring that let's you win that new Apollo I.E. car. I'm not so worried about the AI, but rather if people will be aggressive just to get first place for that car. I guess only time will tell. Other than that, it's all looking pretty smoothly. :)
#48 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 3:04:53 PM(UTC)
Now the audio man said they record the cars and then export the .wav files. I'm just curious what rate (44100 Hz or like 192000 Hz) they record at and what file format they compress it to for storing it on the game. I've edited some ripped records and that takes a massive amount of time and staring at a spectrogram or waveform graph will make you lose sanity after a few hours.

Overall a great update and I'll give online a shot.
 1 user liked this post.
#49 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 3:07:58 PM(UTC)
Welp all my skill points on all my cars have been reset after the update.....so there's that
#50 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 3:16:27 PM(UTC)
There's also some kind of language bug. My game was in polish, now I have a mix of polish and english...

About wallriding fix, you're getting punished (car slows down) for even touching a wall, not only wallriding.
5 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error