5 Pages1234>>PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#26 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 10:55:12 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SWYD1 Go to Quoted Post
This weeks Trial is another big middle finger pointed at the players.
Koenigsegg hypercars in the narrow streets of Edinburgh at night.
Did they think it was hard enough? Maybe add rain next time.

All that plus the usual problems like people taking part using stock cars, people leaving when the first race wasn't won and of course the awful matchmaking which gives you an disadvantage from the beginning starting with only 5 or less players.

People using stock cars isn't really a problem because they have a corresponding drivatar, which should be easy to beat for people in modified cars.
Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

1 user liked this post.
#27 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 11:01:14 AM(UTC)
[Mod Edit - Spam removed - D]

Edited by user Thursday, May 2, 2019 1:26:16 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#28 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 11:05:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ConvolutionX Go to Quoted Post
Any recommendations on cars to be used for this week's challenges?

Cars I used:

The Trial Co-Op Championship: "Koenigsegg Hunt" - S2998 2011 Koenigsegg Agera, yes the one you can buy in the #Forzathon Shop right now

Seasonal Playground Games - A800 1970 Chevrolet El Camino Super Sport 454

Championship: "Spring Community Championship - B700 1980 Renault 5 Turbo

Championship: "Derwent Modern Muscle" - S1900 2013 Dodge SRT Viper GTS

Championship: "Blast from the Past" - S1900 2005 Ford GT, then again you could just pick your favorite

#Forzathon Weekly Challenge - I happen to have 2018 Porsche Cayenne Turbo, upgraded to S1900, but literally any SUV will do, even a 2012 Cadillac Escalade ESV upgraded to A800, just make sure it's a tune for Cross Country

PR Stunts - I almost exclusively use an X999 2012 Ferrari 599XX Evo with AWD, rally suspension and rally tires for most of this stuff. If you don't have it you could use usual suspects like the 1963 Shelby Monaco King Cobra (it's very very light), 2010 Mosler MT900S, 2017 Koenigsegg Agera RS, or whichever is the fastest car you have, upgraded to the max again with AWD, rally suspension and rally tires which you regularly proceed to use for most of your PR Stunts needs and #Forzathon Live challenges.

If you're poor start with the cars you already have in your garage or the DLC/Car Pass ones you get for free, or the cheapest for the relevant division, and spend you money on a tune that gets them to the top of their class.

VERY SUBTLE HINT: The Lancia Delta you win in Blast from the Past you can use in the Spring Community Championship, just upgrade it to B700 with a tune for Dirt racing.

Edited by user Thursday, May 2, 2019 11:18:53 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#29 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 11:14:26 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkinDonutsNr1 Go to Quoted Post

Koenigsegg coop trial
Guys this championship is insanely difficult and the AI handles the Koenigsegg better than Stig.

First race, we always win but the second and third races are hell.

And it's always either me or my co-drivers hanging in the ditch and we lose. And if you're not going offroad you hit one of the traffic cars.

Leave the AI difficulty as is but please remove the traffic.

Come join us in the main thread. We usually do our weekly kvetching in there.

Edited by user Friday, May 3, 2019 4:02:28 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#30 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 11:16:42 AM(UTC)
Drive the CC8S and search for my tune via my username in the username field. The tune is named "Koenigsegg Hunt"

It's tuned for easy breaking and quick acceleration with good handling. I won using it and have came first in all races with it. Hopefully will help those having issues win with ease.

Edited by user Thursday, May 2, 2019 11:22:19 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#31 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 12:54:36 PM(UTC)
Kind of a hum-drum end to a relatively good series. I'm sure I can get through it in a couple hours and be done with it. Wonder if I get another 5K for 100% Series completion :)

Would be funny if they gave 100%'rs The Superfast without prior notice...
#32 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 1:28:02 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: phut yoo Go to Quoted Post
Kind of a hum-drum end to a relatively good series. I'm sure I can get through it in a couple hours and be done with it. Wonder if I get another 5K for 100% Series completion :)

Would be funny if they gave 100%'rs The Superfast without prior notice...

What's this Ferrari everyone's going on about?
#33 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 1:35:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
What's this Ferrari everyone's going on about?

2017 Ferrari 812 Superfast, not sold in the Autoshow, and not sold in the #Forzathon Shop since October.
#34 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 1:48:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FreshGALNET Go to Quoted Post
Drive the CC8S and search for my tune via my username in the username field. The tune is named "Koenigsegg Hunt"

It's tuned for easy breaking and quick acceleration with good handling. I won using it and have came first in all races with it. Hopefully will help those having issues win with ease.

Yeah, tried the CC8S with 998 tune but no success. Maybe your tune is better. I‘ll give it a try tomorrow.
 2 users liked this post.
#35 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 2:08:48 PM(UTC)
This is quite possibly the worst Trial event they have ever come up with. Not only did they stick us in some of the tighter courses they just HAD to make it street race events. What joy. My Agera RS is at 998, the AI apparently is a bit lower but I don't know what the hell power they have but they will literally just disappear from me on the straights. The final race I was 2nd and had a pretty clean race but the AI was gone and finished over 10 seconds ahead of me. My team managed to win the first event but we lost the next two, and it wasn't even close. Time to try again.

Also, gotta love how the geniuses at Playground thought that releasing an Easter Rabbit outfit 2 weeks AFTER Easter made sense. Too bad the game will be dead by the time the outfit becomes relevant again next year.
#36 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 2:23:30 PM(UTC)
2nd attempt we managed to win 3-0. This time the AI was awful and kept getting stuck on portions of the tracks. You gotta love how making us race on unbeatable really shows how badly the AI is coded in this game. All the reckless swerving and crashing into players as if we aren't even there is hilarious, it's honestly worse then ramming in ranked. I don't think I've ever played a racing game in 20+ years that had AI quite as bad as this.
 1 user liked this post.
#37 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 2:29:39 PM(UTC)
It's the pathetic state of affairs I expect from this incompetent team of muppets. Last weeks dodge challenge could be beaten by 10 seconds, this week the difficulty kills it in team events.

S2 998 in spring (no grip) on the night circuits with traffic and lots of 90 degree turns thrown in. Best off all the 'Egg; hunt is later than Easter.

This might have been fun with A class, possibly even S1 but S2 is totally the wrong format for a coop event where many players are rocking a rental.

Seriously I wonder why I event bother playing this any more when whoever is in charge of these events has never held a controller.

Good job I don't care about the bunny suit, actually I'm caring less and less about this game the more I play.

With the CC8S a car only available from fortune island (or rarely in the auction) I have won all the races, just not in the same event, but it is so easy to miss a check point, hit a wall, miss a turn, hit an oncoming car that almost nobody else in the teams finishes above the 5th placed AI.

Pathetic inconsistency for a supposed AAA title

Edited by user Thursday, May 2, 2019 2:31:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#38 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 2:41:54 PM(UTC)
Have to agree the difficulty of this event is highly.. the issue is that there needs to be some degree off difficulty due to it being "unbeatable", however it certainly doesn't need to be "impossible" for the vast majority.

Two things which may have helped in this are:

1. Ghost others for 1 minute to help separate and decrease the rammers.

2. Had it as a "Road Race" thus removing the traffic which the AI "NEVER" hit.

I dislike races which are solely depending on how others drive, most I can account and accept for, but 1 which is full of 90 degree turns no fault is a pure setup for AI and Human rammers.

My tune above hopefully does help others to beat this, although it will help with speed and handling, it can't help with rammers and or traffic in the way. :(
#39 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 3:26:39 PM(UTC)
Just won it 3-0 first try. Had another driver who was better than me, I was 3rd, 2nd, 1st, he was 1st, 1st, 2nd. We started with 2 others, 1 quit during race 1. One hanger-on remained for the last 2 races, finishing last both times, but with me and the other driver 1st and 2nd both times it didn't matter. We both used the CC8S, I agree it's poor the other options are all so bad. I tried tuning the Agera as well, but it was 4 seconds slower than the CC8S for Lakehurst Forest Sprint.
 1 user liked this post.
#40 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 3:52:15 PM(UTC)
I beated it in 1 try, 3 0, no problems.. you just got a bad team.
Playing on PC with i5 2500k cpu, 16 gb ram and rx 470 4gb gpu on an Lg freesync 24" IPS display with the Xbox One Recon Tech controller.
#41 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 3:57:12 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Tylergage07 Go to Quoted Post
We're waiting for the Ferrari 812 Superfast c'mon Forza

We'll all be dead before they make this available again. In all seriousness. It would be a nice reward for this up coming Playlist. Hell even make it an 80% car if they want to make it a challenge to win. I just want to be able to get the darn car at this point.
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 5:57:04 PM(UTC)
Bad team 3 times in a row. Don't need to do it so I'm not wasting any more time. Terrible idea for a trial. Again think before you do PG. I've been lucky with the last few trials but this too much. Just because a few of you got lucky with teams doesn't make it an easy thing to do.

Edited by user Thursday, May 2, 2019 6:04:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#43 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 6:24:28 PM(UTC)
Okay now I have a complaint! I don't mind the community races, I actually like them but this week we get an extra long 2 lapped race in a B class car. Wow man, if it's gonna be a long race at least make it S1 or ONE lap. It took 4 and half minutes to finish the 1st lap, not cool

Edited by user Thursday, May 2, 2019 6:26:25 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track.

FH4 and I have a volatile love/hate relationship 😑
#44 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 7:53:27 PM(UTC)
Did they make it so Blueprints no longer count towards the Weekly Challenges? I won 3 and it says 0/3 complete. I definitely did cross county CIRCUIT events in a Sport Utility Hero.

I mean if they did I know why (so people don’t cheese short races) but not sure if it’s just a glitch on my end.

Edited by user Thursday, May 2, 2019 7:59:07 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#45 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 8:35:28 PM(UTC)
The trial stinks. Plain and simple. S2 on tight night street routes. I’ve done it three times now and just get rammed off the course by teammates who have no clue how to drive these cars on these sprints. I haven’t cursed at the screen like tonight in a long time. Nothing like a bunch of yahoos with no throttle control just bashin’ Around. Fun!

Edited by user Friday, May 3, 2019 3:51:16 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Amiable Zany

#46 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 8:59:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: HipHopHead80 Go to Quoted Post
Did they make it so Blueprints no longer count towards the Weekly Challenges? I won 3 and it says 0/3 complete. I definitely did cross county CIRCUIT events in a Sport Utility Hero.

I mean if they did I know why (so people don’t cheese short races) but not sure if it’s just a glitch on my end.

I finished the weekly challenge with Blueprint only.
The course created by route creator is not used. The season is disjointed, and the car category is an event created by "Anything Goes", and all three were achieved on different circuits.

#47 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 9:13:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
Okay now I have a complaint! I don't mind the community races, I actually like them but this week we get an extra long 2 lapped race in a B class car. Wow man, if it's gonna be a long race at least make it S1 or ONE lap. It took 4 and half minutes to finish the 1st lap, not cool

Not to mention that ai sucks, only after few corners i was in front and after that it was just me driving by myself so it was just pointless to have so long race. Won that race on uneatable more than half a minute.
#48 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 10:31:28 PM(UTC)
I'm not one to complain, however, I'm very disappointed with the seasonal events. Firstly...

The trial was diabolical. Driving an Agera on damp, tight street races was a recipe for carnage, AI all have death wishes. Luckily we all won on the first try 2-1 but not before an AI driver knocked me off a checkpoint and I landed on the rail lines on top of the sleeper trains near the drift zone.

The community blueprints were terrible.No imagination, poor layout of checkpoints. The first route was driving uphill for 90% in a lower class car for 2 laps which is not entertaining. The second I spent more time driving cross country as the checkpoints were spread out far too thin.I'm now convinced PG do not test these custom routes and now have a "That will do" attitude.

Sports Utility Hero section seemed to have a some strange going's on.If you missed any of the notifications ie Binman (2 of 4) you were not sure it was completed without entering the forzathon menu after each stage as the festival menu clearly stated that any of the 4 were incomplete.
Also, I had to make a blueprint for a cross country circuit, reduce the number of laps to 2, make it Sports utility only and run it 3 times as I was not given a choice to run sports utility from several cross country Circuits.

It is blatantly obvious that the community are NOT being listened to. Shout after shout after shout wanting to see the 812 and the ZR2 make a return. These cars as a final prize would give more incentive for the community to run all the events, even playground games! By the time these cars and others make a return, Forza racers would no doubt have moved on to pastures green.

Edited by user Thursday, May 2, 2019 10:34:02 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#49 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 10:35:58 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ConvolutionX Go to Quoted Post
Any recommendations on cars to be used for this week's challenges?

Cars I used:

Seasonal Playground Games - A800 1970 Chevrolet El Camino Super Sport 454

I used the CC8S for the Trial though I can't really say if I recommend it because I got lucky with teams and had teammates who took the top 3 spots every time. I will say that the courses are very unforgiving. The slightest inch off the road and you hit a building, post, tree, etc. If you get even one wheel onto the dirt, the car gets out of control. The best advice I can give to anyone still attempting the Trial is to use a low top speed tune so that your car isn't a hard to turn missile.

As for the Playground Games, I initially used the El Camino but was struggling with it. It felt like it just didn't have the acceleration and launch to keep up. Switched to the Volkswagen Double Cab and oh my, the launch, acceleration, and handling felt much much better and agile; it was so hard for the opponents to hit me. The first attempt with the Double Cab, my team swept despite being a man down. So I recommend the Double Cab; if there's any vehicle that can carry games, it's this one.

Edited by user Thursday, May 2, 2019 10:37:29 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#50 Posted : Thursday, May 2, 2019 10:51:24 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: SoloTwo42 Go to Quoted Post
You gotta love how making us race on unbeatable really shows how badly the AI is coded in this game. All the reckless swerving and crashing into players as if we aren't even there is hilarious, it's honestly worse then ramming in ranked. I don't think I've ever played a racing game in 20+ years that had AI quite as bad as this.

Took me 5 attempts to find a decent team to get through this one. I’d not noticed it so much on previous trials but you’re spot on about the AI swerving about. For me it was usually at the start of the race & typically the 4th place Driveatar that would swish violently from side to side as any of our team approached the front.

Pretty frustrating & caused all sorts of carnage but I guess it’s their idea of programming the AI to act like a team. Between that ‘protective’ Driveatar and the clueless players who intentionally rammed their own teammates I very nearly didn’t bother but stuck with it because I always won the race if I started on the front row. Just needed to find a team of players who know the meaning of the word really.

I used the One:1 with a tune by GD Great Healer.

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
5 Pages1234>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error