7 Pages<<567Prev
 1 user liked this post.
#151 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 6:47:16 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
I am very serious when I say Thank You for including Playground games in the weekly activities.

These games are some of my most favorite things to do in Horizon 4.

You have low standards.
“There are nights when the wolves are silent and only the moon howls.” - George Carlin
 2 users liked this post.
#152 Posted : Monday, August 17, 2020 7:41:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Apticle Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: luckeydoug1 Go to Quoted Post
I am very serious when I say Thank You for including Playground games in the weekly activities.

These games are some of my most favorite things to do in Horizon 4.

You have low standards.

I don't disagree with luckeydoug1. I hated having to win, but the Games aren't bad to play at all.

My issue has always been trying to make the PGG into a competitive activity of the same caliber as the actual racing in the game. It's not like Deathmatch in Age of Empires or CTF in Halo. It doesn't need a ladder. The name says it all: "Playground", as in, a place to vent when you're fed up with the racing. When I play a PGG I don't really want to have the same concerns as when I race.

Edited by user Monday, August 17, 2020 7:42:50 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

May the forced induction be with you.

Alice >>>>>>>>>> Keira
 4 users liked this post.
#153 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2020 10:04:37 AM(UTC)
I used to hate PGG with passion as well, but since you don't have to win any longer in order to complete the weekly activities, this has changed everything for me. Granted, there are still a lot of players who quit when they lose the first round, but that leads to quite hilarious and enjoyable games later on. For example, after my team lost the first round, all players except for me quit, so the next round was a Flag Rush 5 vs 1 (me), and although I obviously lost, I managed to score two flags even though four of the five opponents just guarded their base, which was pretty funny. The third round was Team King, which was even better because I only lost by a few seconds, and seeing the four opponents who weren't King chasing me around without being able to catch up was absolutely hilarious.

I'd say removing the requirement to win was absolutely the right choice, and if the devs think about implementing some balance features (like faster counting time in Team King and double/triple scores for a single successful flag delivery for the team with less players), PGG migh actually get the love it deserves.
 1 user liked this post.
#154 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2020 11:35:32 AM(UTC)
I agree, the end of "must win" has made all the difference.

Provided the division and rank are agreeable, PGG can be a fun break from the racing now.
 1 user liked this post.
#155 Posted : Thursday, August 20, 2020 2:30:03 PM(UTC)
Just don't play them. I never do and still complete each season. Maybe not 100%, but idc 'bout that.
#156 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 5:08:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: nik666uk Go to Quoted Post
They should allow some offline seasonal events in the expansions to count towards our season progress, that way people like me (who don't have Gold but have spent money on dlc) are able to acheive 80% completion.
It's not fair for us to be excluded from earning certain cars like the Pontiac GTO again and again.

Not sure what DLC has to do with it, but not having gold is your choice, just like the playlist is their choice. Not everything in life is fair.

Yeah but if they can't afford it then it isn't very fair on them because they won't have the same oppurtunities

1 user liked this post.
#157 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 7:14:50 AM(UTC)
Is it just me or is pgg actually very fun because i heard a lot of people saying its horrible. Sometimes you just want to have a break from racing so i play pgg.
Amd Ryzen 7 5800x, Nvidia RTX 3070, MSI X570 Tomahawk, Dell S3220DGF
 2 users liked this post.
#158 Posted : Friday, April 2, 2021 1:43:43 PM(UTC)
PGG is a love/hate sort of thing.

There are plenty of people who absolutely detest it and others who think it is fun. I enjoy it but have never run them outside of the weeklies. So it's not my "Hey, I want to play Horizon today, let's do a PGG." but I enjoy doing them for the points/car/whatever.

I do wholeheartedly agree with their decision to make it a "Everyone gets a trophy" thing as opposed to needing to win to win. There were times I had to run the event up to ten times to get a crew that could win. And with today's server/connection problems, that would just be maddening. So it's a personal thing, like drifting I guess, and we all have different reasons for playing. I like CC and dirt tracks, others like Road, others like Street. So it's good there is a variety, and if you have to do a little of something you don't like to get points given away for free, well then so be it.

And it's not a money thing. They offer Gold all the time for $1 for the month or whatever. And even beyond that, they have the Backstage Pass now, with earning requirement being 50%. So now you have access to rare and restricted cars that you didn't have the opportunity to before.
 2 users liked this post.
#159 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 7:33:27 AM(UTC)
Hi I'm new here but I have to ask - why on earth are we forced every week to go through the most joyless, frustrating experience Forza has to offer?

Does anyone actually enjoy them?
 4 users liked this post.
#160 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 12:55:22 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: TerrorCuddles1 Go to Quoted Post
Hi I'm new here but I have to ask - why on earth are we forced every week to go through the most joyless, frustrating experience Forza has to offer?

forced?
 5 users liked this post.
#161 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 11:00:05 PM(UTC)
Forced? You're not even forced to buy/play the game. :)
But if you're after PGG reward car, well its been many moons, since you don't have to be on winning team to get it.
So all you have to do is wait till the end, maybe even help opposite team while at it. :P

But if you're after 80% completion, all online you have to do, is get qualified in one of ranked games once per month/series. You don't have to do any trials or PGG, only solo and you'll be past that 80% mark.

Edited by user Thursday, May 6, 2021 11:06:34 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Alfa Romeo - made in Italy, perfected in my garage
 1 user liked this post.
#162 Posted : Thursday, May 6, 2021 11:17:40 PM(UTC)
As above, I usually skip PGG as I don't particularly enjoy them...if you do everything else, you still end up with over 90% for the entire series. Only time I do them is when I am racing with a few people whilst in party chat...on those occasions it is quite fun
 4 users liked this post.
#163 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2021 8:21:04 AM(UTC)
I like the PGG. That's the sweetest victory of the week if my team wins. If it was a case of you had to win like before then I would agree, but I do like it and love getting a clutch last second infection or coming back from 2-0 down to nick it xD It would be even more fun if people didn't play it like a chore. It's no barrier to get any new exclusive if you do skip it either.
#164 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2021 8:34:14 AM(UTC)
They dont need to be removed. Some of you are so short-minded...

The problem are not PGGs. The problem is the lack of other different events to actually enjoy WHAT YOU WANT, NOT WHAT THEY FORCE YOU TO DO. Like what we had ages ago.

PGGs are fine. I mean, they are hideous of course because their design is terrible, but many people like them, and again, as many events we have the better, not the opposite around.

As long as you dont have to be forced to participate.
I participate because i dont have a choice. If i want 80%, i need to complete the Trial and PGGs games because i hate online adventure with all my heart.

So, if people are afk or, just losing on purpose, im pretty fine with that. They dont have a choice. Some people like me hate playground games and im not going to make an effort to
win all the matches becuase i dont enjoy it lol. If i lose the first one, obviously i try to speed things up, doing nothing for the rest of the event.

Its sad, but its what it is. Only Microsoft and PG are the ones to blame.

3 users liked this post.
#165 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2021 9:15:46 AM(UTC)

I quite enjoy them very much. You aren't forced to do them.

1 user liked this post.
#166 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2021 12:55:57 PM(UTC)

Guess kids likes them + Lego. Makes me ignore the weekly challenge, just pics up a car now & then
Gt: fairlane305
 1 user liked this post.
#167 Posted : Friday, May 7, 2021 3:02:18 PM(UTC)

you dont NEED to do them
you dont even need to win any more, it's just participation and has been for quite some time now
 3 users liked this post.
#168 Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2021 1:50:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: unfairlane64 Go to Quoted Post

Guess kids likes them + Lego. Makes me ignore the weekly challenge, just pics up a car now & then

I hate the Games mostly (unless with a group of us who aren't very good but makes for some entertainment!) but Lego is something I do enjoy....and I'm the wrong side of 40!! There's just something about racing around the fields etc, hitting all the breakables, seeing the Lego animals etc that is very relaxing
 4 users liked this post.
#169 Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2021 9:06:48 AM(UTC)
60 years old. I enjoyed the Lego expansion. While I don't particularly enjoy the playground games, 15 minutes or so once a week isn't too bad to endure. That said, I was on winning team yesterday and quite enjoyed it.
 3 users liked this post.
#170 Posted : Saturday, May 8, 2021 9:31:30 AM(UTC)
I don't like playground games too, but if we need only to finish it instead of winning, I can force myself to do this in 10-15 minutes. It's not a big cost. But yes, I think this isn't enjoyable and I prefer racing instead of jumping in tight areas and chasing opponents for flags or crown. The best way to improve this type of activity is making it best of 3, not best of 5, and adding more different challenges. We have only 3 so I think it's very boring, it's always the same
 1 user liked this post.
#171 Posted : Sunday, May 9, 2021 10:19:27 AM(UTC)
Playground games is sort of like ok-tasting medicine :) You don't want to, but if you have to, it's not the end of the world....at least now that it's a participation win.

This week there were 2 people on my team and 3 on the other...............but we all stuck it out to win the prize.
 1 user liked this post.
#172 Posted : Sunday, May 9, 2021 10:55:49 AM(UTC)
I personally don't like PGG myself, it's just not my thing, but I also don't think it should be removed from the playlist.
I do like that it's no longer a requirement to obtain new cars, that just felt like they were forcing people to play parts of the game they don't like.
I enjoy online racing, but would never want to see it become a requirement for new cars, simply because a lot of people don't like it. Good thing is, neither of them will be removed from the playlist. I don't do the trial every week simply because it does not need to be completed to obtain a new car, and if it is, I run it to help not only myself, but my team as well, even though 99% of the player base has no concept of what team racing is.
My hope for FH5 is they remove the team concept from the game completely. That's probably why I dislike PGG so much, in FH2 it was not team based, and I enjoyed it a lot more. Having to rely on a team that thinks you are the enemy is no fun at all.
Stop whining about parts of the game you don't like, you do not have to play them. Granted, for new players it might be a way to get a car they don't have yet, but a little patience will allow that car to come to you in time. After all, there are wheel spin exclusive cars in the game, those you get by luck alone, not as a participation trophy.
 1 user liked this post.
#173 Posted : Sunday, May 9, 2021 1:36:14 PM(UTC)
They're good for when you want to completely switch off but still play the game, I use them for the monthly adventure now purely for that reason.

I don't understand those in the weekly ones who still try at 2-0 down though, with the requirement only being to stay until the end then at that point prolonging it is just a waste of everybody's time.

Edited by user Sunday, May 9, 2021 1:36:45 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#174 Posted : Monday, May 10, 2021 9:34:38 PM(UTC)
"Playground, please remove Horizon 4 from Horizon 4!"
"Every train needs a caboose, right?"
7 Pages<<567Prev

Notification

Icon
Error