This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages<<23456PrevNext
 2 users liked this post.
#76 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 2:05:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NBAKingzFan10 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

Ditto your 100%, but x 3 accounts. That's 300%. Amateurs.....

Then based on the low standards established by this thread, I believe this belongs to you...

Lol, where's my complaint about difficulty? Isn't that a requirement for getting a participation trophy? Don't wanna take your hard earned award.

Vice president, moderated club.
#77 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 2:21:12 PM(UTC)
As was previously pointed out, the only requirement is participating in the thread... which you have. So enjoy.

Also, if we’re playing that game, I never complained about difficulty in this thread. I simply pointed out how stupidly feeble the attempt attempt at comparing an arcade racing game to that of hardcore difficulty games like EQ and BT was in all reality. Then without even addressing my legitimate points, I was awarded some arbitrary picture award from some baddie with 500 gamerscore for nothing more than having a totally valid objection to said comparison

So this is like Oprah, now, where everyone participating in this thread gets an award. Now take it and 🤐
 1 user liked this post.
#78 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 2:27:03 PM(UTC)

So this is like Oprah, now, where everyone participating in this thread gets an award. Now take it and 🤐

Oprah?(what's that??) And I can't hear you🤔🤭😉🤗😁

#79 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 2:47:58 PM(UTC)

Heard me enough to ask what Oprah was 😂😂😂

Now go back to talking about how a game that was never meant to be anything but a casual racer should somehow be just as hard as a game from the 90’s 🤷‍♂️
 1 user liked this post.
#80 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 2:59:17 PM(UTC)

Heard me enough to ask what Oprah was 😂😂😂

Now go back to talking about how a game that was never meant to be anything but a casual racer should somehow be just as hard as a game from the 90’s 🤷‍♂️

But its not hard..not even comparable..that was the pointwith that comment
Its pretty easy and pretty much is just a participation effort..especially now reducing drivatar difficulty ..there is nothing even challenging in the playlist. Just need to participate..
Stilla casual racer nothing more but a lot of spoonfeeds still complaining

Now go collect all your trophies

Edited by user Saturday, May 11, 2019 3:00:38 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#81 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 5:40:41 PM(UTC)
LOL. I didn't pay close enough attention to notice that the requirement for the Seasonal races had been lowered to Highly Skilled until after I had completed them on the customary Expert level.

Oh Wow, the whole thing has been reduced to a participation level.

I am use to blasting the danger zone goal in the first or second go, but I don't expect to win by such a large margin. And while the speed traps are usually quite easy for me, more often than not I have to spend some time on the Speed Zones. Well, that is how it was when these weekly Forzathons started. Not any more. I aces all three on the first attempt this week, and by a wide margin. It is almost a let down, especially if these events can be successfully completed using cars with stock tunes.

Even the trial which must be won on Unbeatable is still a participation award for some if they can find a team with 2 or three that can pull the rest of the team to victory. (OK, in fairness, I am usually a middle of the crowd finisher in these events, unless I am bumped out of bounds by the Drivatars, forcing me to miss a marker and am dropped to near the bottom).

So yeah, I agree, while these events use to be at least a bit of a challenge, they are not so much any more. And I am not a Top Leader board player by a long shot.
 1 user liked this post.
#82 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 12:14:24 AM(UTC)
I’ll admit I may have misinterpreted the original post of which I was referencing. Oops

That said, I don’t get all the complaining about the complaining. Even if everything has been lowered to a “participation level”, how does that actually affect the way you play the game?

So what if the requirement is lowered to Highly Skilled? How does that prevent you from keeping the difficulty higher for a bigger challenge? How does someone being able to unlock a car easier than before affect you in any adverse way?

Same with the seasonal PR stunts. Sure, maybe you can technically get the completion with lesser effort, but what’s to prevent you from setting a personal goal and not stopping until you beat it... you know, regardless of the seasonal requirement?

For a bunch of people complaining about casuals being s **** fed, you sure do rely pretty heavily on the game, itself, to provide you the challenges you seek when you could easily just do all of that yourself (should you have the want and will)

So please, can someone explain how any of these “changes for the worst” actually stop you challenge-seekers from creating your own goals and personal achievements and setting up your own challenges? So if the game doesn’t doesn’t force-feed you specific pre-set challenges that are hard enough for your liking, you’re left completely helpless and cannot use any creativity or innovation to push yourself past those already-set requirement?

Seems kind of lame. I mean, I always play on pro-unbeatable regardless of the previous “expert” requirements and I even still try to beat other people’s PR scores despite getting 3 stars on all of them, so don’t tell me it’s impossible to still pick your own difficulty and make your own obstacles to match your given preference when playing the game. If you need the game to tell you what to do 100% of the time then I’d venture to say you’re just as bad as you assert those who need the game to cater to them are

Edited by user Sunday, May 12, 2019 12:54:33 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#83 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 10:17:25 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
If you like it, do it. Own it. If you don’t, stay the eff out and stop ruining the experience of others just because it’s more efficient for you personally.

Then blame the developers for reworking the reward structure to herd players into modes they don't want to play, instead of blaming the players for minimizing their time spent in multiplayer within the framework defined by the developers.
 6 users liked this post.
#84 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 11:03:55 AM(UTC)

By the way, you can keep your trophy. I’ve skills enough to 100% any season playlist as I please, and I’ve already unlocked every achievement in the game so I need not a trophy for participating when I’ve already done far more than just that.

I’d estimate the same isn’t true for yourself since you can’t even crack a 555 gamerscore, so maybe you should be the recipient of that trophy instead 🤷‍♂️😂

Now I could be wrong and you could be super amazing at this game, but I kinda sorta doubt it

Oh boy, you made me bring out the big guns...... Seeing as you took the time to look up my GS and do a little research on my account. Let me help enlighten you.....
This may or may not be an alternate account because I enjoy extending my own replayability in a game I enjoy, and when they make things easier and easier, such as the playlist, I have no choice, but to make my own challenges. One would obviously know when an account only has 1 game played.... it is probably an alternate account to play that 1 game. A gamerscore of 555.... but a top 20 ranked Grandmaster.... probably an alternate account. My participation trophy case (i.e. festival playlist) is pretty full across maybe 2,3,4,5 or 6 other accounts....

I may or may not already be a Grandmaster in Team Racing, I may or may not already be top 20 with Tier 5 in FFA, I may or may not already be top 20 with Tier 8 in drift adventure, I may or may not have been top 10 with tier 7 before they got rid of Anything Goes. So why not start another account and reach Grandmaster in Team Games as well?

So yeah, maybe you could be wrong and I could be super amazing at this game, but I kinda sorta am sure about it.

Trophy Case

That said, I don’t get all the complaining about the complaining. Even if everything has been lowered to a “participation level”, how does that actually affect the way you play the game?

So what if the requirement is lowered to Highly Skilled? How does that prevent you from keeping the difficulty higher for a bigger challenge? How does someone being able to unlock a car easier than before affect you in any adverse way?

By making rewards easily achievable for everyone it is no longer rewarding for those that enjoy the thrill of achieving victory. The more people that are able to unlock or obtain a reward or goal, the less exclusive and the less rewarding it is to achieve that objective. At the rate they are going with decreasing the level of challenge to obtain "exclusive" content, they may as well just gift all new cars to everyone in the game.

Edited by user Sunday, May 12, 2019 11:56:20 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#85 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 11:18:52 AM(UTC)
Yes, please. Thanks for your consideration in this matter PGG! They feature too may sub-events that could get very boring after while, especially if you're on a losing team and you get stuck in the middle of an event with no way out!!! DRAT!
" If someone said to me that you can have three wishes, my first would have been to get into racing, my second to be in Formula 1, my third to drive for Ferrari. "
- Gilles Villeneuve

1 user liked this post.
#86 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 12:55:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Squryl Go to Quoted Post
If you like it, do it. Own it. If you don’t, stay the eff out and stop ruining the experience of others just because it’s more efficient for you personally.

Then blame the developers for reworking the reward structure to herd players into modes they don't want to play, instead of blaming the players for minimizing their time spent in multiplayer within the framework defined by the developers.

But they have reduced the requirements so you dont even need to play PGG and you can still get the rewards
So this thread is now pointless
#87 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 2:40:05 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
But they have reduced the requirements so you dont even need to play PGG and you can still get the rewards

You're still stuck doing other unpleasant tasks, or (my preference) ignoring the 80% rewards. It's a downgrade from the previous system, which decoupled the rewards from specific activities and let players choose what to do and what rewards they wanted.
#88 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 2:45:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Lowe0 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post

You're still stuck doing other unpleasant tasks, or (my preference) ignoring the 80% rewards. It's a downgrade from the previous system, which decoupled the rewards from specific activities and let players choose what to do and what rewards they wanted.

80% rewards are repeated or have already been available in other ways already anyway
Only thing i skip is the PGG now..not worth the effort for no reward

There is always that other option of just not doing anything..not even playing the game

The old system wasnt much different except you were forced to play PGG to get rewards or specific unchoosable tasks to get them..at least now you can pick and choose whatever to get that very easily obtainable 50%

Edited by user Sunday, May 12, 2019 2:49:35 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#89 Posted : Sunday, May 12, 2019 3:53:25 PM(UTC)
I don't mind they are there since they changed it from 100% to 80% to complete. This made it an option and after the insanity of trying to complete when it was 100% is great. Now I either ignore it completely or give it a single try. If I'm on the winning team, great if not, to hell with it, too much grief for a game. The problem is the root problem we have had from day one, co-op is a joke. No one knows how to or wants to co-op, it is everyone for themselves unless you actually have real friends that you schedule play with and the devs cannot get the concept of basic human nature through their slightly thick skulls. It is nice if your team is up to 3 wins and the other teams completely dumps out so the thing ends right then and you win the event. If the other team makes it to 3 I dump out as well....there is no point to go one. If they are up by 2 and it looks like the team I am on sucks then I dump out then. I find it absolutely ridiculous that the devs do not even know how to properly code best of 5 and end the agony early. Same with the trial and not knowing that winning 2 means best of three and to end the event, but at least that has gotten more manageable to complete.

Co-op is misguided and half baked and does not take human nature into account when dealing with strangers or casual game acquaintances and the executives at PG need to recognize that and change policy before Horizon 5.
 2 users liked this post.
#90 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 9:30:46 AM(UTC)
I haven't done it for ages, it's not needed to get 80%, so why bother?
 1 user liked this post.
#91 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 10:04:48 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
I haven't done it for ages, it's not needed to get 80%, so why bother?

Too true. You can skip the games and the Trials, the 2 things I hate with a passion and still get 86% every week. Why torture yourself?
And the Talby goes to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whoever thought up the Story Mode
 1 user liked this post.
#92 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 10:45:46 AM(UTC)
I haven't done them in months. You can hit 80% on the playlist without them, and they haven't even put many exclusive prizes up for it individually recently, at least none that I didn't already have, so I haven't had to. It's been quite blissful.
 2 users liked this post.
#93 Posted : Thursday, July 4, 2019 11:49:44 AM(UTC)
They need to add more SOLO championships, set them to unbeatable or something. Anything is better than having to rely on other players, especially when the majority of the players who play Horizon don't seem to understand what the brakes are for.
#94 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 10:07:00 AM(UTC)
What is the point of the playground games on the horizon playlist?
You enter then withing the first game half of your team quits and the other side becomes invincible?
there needs to be a fix put in, its pointless.
 3 users liked this post.
#95 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 11:02:34 AM(UTC)
Get on the side that doesn't quit.

#96 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 11:27:44 AM(UTC)
Or you end up on the lucky team, with just one or two players on the opposing team sticking around for good measure but doing donuts since they can't win no matter what they do. And you end up doing the same, because you can't lose no matter what you do.

It's rare that I've been in a seasonal Playground Game that's actually been exciting, because as soon as one team wins the first round, many on the other team quit. The exception seems to be when there's a sensible matching of car type and venue. But Retro Muscle at Mudkickers' Adventure Park... that doesn't mesh. People don't want to make much of an effort then, but just get it overwith even if it means quitting and rejoining lobbies over and over.

It certainly isn't fun to win without effort or end up being one of just two people putting up a fight.
 4 users liked this post.
#97 Posted : Saturday, July 6, 2019 5:25:55 PM(UTC)
If the developers would change the reward to a "participation" reward (e.g. everyone who stays for all rounds gets the car), it will fix a lot of these problems. But that would make too much sense.

Edited by user Saturday, July 6, 2019 5:30:20 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#98 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 5:26:37 AM(UTC)
Meh, just play for a minute, if your team is sooking badly, just quit and look for another team.

Edited by user Monday, July 8, 2019 6:13:03 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#99 Posted : Monday, July 8, 2019 6:42:50 PM(UTC)
I played seasonal playground games a couple of times and i have something so say.
I wasn't a big fan this type of events, but i enjoy them back in the days and i really like "flags" in FH3.
But playground games here in FH4 are sooooo annoying. Why? For me the problem is it's locations.
Locations are great by itself, but not fun to play at all. For example a dirt park has too many ups and downs, so it's difficult just to drive around.
In older FH games playground locations was not so complicated, so action was rather predictable, easy to catch up and have a fun.
 7 users liked this post.
#100 Posted : Tuesday, July 9, 2019 7:46:32 PM(UTC)
It seems like no matter what event or challenge it is, everyone hates it and doesn't like driving in it or trying to win. Totally confusing to me how you can hate challenges and racing so much but want to play a game like this. The people I despise the most are the ones that get totally bent out of shape because they have to complete a challenge for cars. What's the point of having all the cars if you hate playing the game. The weekly challenges and monthly additions are what keep the game interesting. I 100% the list every week even though I have all the rewards and just 3 starred almost all of the stories because the challenge is fun. It blows my mind how people want everything given to them, have no desire to make any effort and whine like 2 year olds about it constantly. It's beyond pathetic.
6 Pages<<23456PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error