This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
6 Pages12345>>PrevNext
Rank: Racing Permit
#51 Posted : Sunday, May 5, 2019 2:17:01 PM(UTC)
I always play every series up to 100% completion and the Playground Games can be fun, it's just people's attitude. We start with 6 vs 6, lost the first round and 2 or 3 people on our team already ragequit the event, leaving us no choice to quit and forfeit the match.
Not sure if there is a way to balance 'roflstomping' as most of my PG ended very quickly in 3:0 or 0:3 where the whole other team simply quit.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 1 user liked this post.
#52 Posted : Sunday, May 5, 2019 3:45:43 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BriskArtist7600 Go to Quoted Post
Not sure if there is a way to balance 'roflstomping' as most of my PG ended very quickly in 3:0 or 0:3 where the whole other team simply quit.


This has increased a lot since Playlist, and for the weeks when there was a desirable reward for winning. Before playlist, if there wasn't a car behind the challenge, people didn't quit at the first hint that their team wasn't going to win. I've still had a ton of games where people quit before anything was even close to decided. Other team scored 2 flags? WE'RE GOING TO LOSE! They leave, and we win just fine without them.

When they leave in the Trial, however, I celebrate. They were in last place. It's easier to beat with 2 people than it is with 6. If you go 1-7-8-9-10-11-12, it's a loss, but 1 & 12 with 2 players is a win.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 5 users liked this post.
#53 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2019 1:06:03 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JurassicJoeDawg Go to Quoted Post
It is entertaining looking at all the complaints about the playlist requirements. I think the only thing that hasn't really been complained about is the Monthly Rival Clean Lap requirement (aside from maybe someone complained it was too easy and should have been expanded more). We can't have something that takes time to complete or is challenging. If one person has trouble with it, then it must be broken..... Lets take a walk down memory lane.....

[Sarcasm]
1. The Trial - Too Hard. Can't beat Unbeatable AI. AI Cars are too fast. My car is too slow. My teammates are ALWAYS bad (hmmm... what about the guy in the mirror, how did that guy do?).
2. Showcase Remix - Too Hard. Can't beat the AI. I don't like the car I have to drive. It's impossible! (is that guy in the mirror still there?)
3. Seasonal Playground - Too Hard. I don't like playing with actual human players. I am ALWAYS on the losing team. My team ALWAYS has less players. I NEVER win. Its broken! (wait a minute.... there might be a common factor in these events....)
4. PR Stunts - Drift? I don't know how! Broken! Speed Trap/ Speed Zone.... I can't beat the target. It's impossible. (ever hear of a Mosler? The FREE car EVERYONE gets gifted at the start of the game because everyone cried that it was locked behind..... The Trial event.....) Danger Signs? But I'm scared of heights! Fix it.
5. Seasonal Championships - Expert difficulty? Its too hard. The AI cheats. The AI cars all drive like they are equipped with the invincibility star in Mario Kart. My car is too slow. Fix it.
6. Community Championships - The course was bad. I can't read a mini map so the turns catch me off guard. The checkpoints are too small. The AI is too fast. I don't like it. Fix it.
7. Qualify for Online Adventure - There are real people involved? Nope. Don't like it. It's only a participation requirement? Don't care, still don't like it.
8. Weekly Forzathon - I don't like the car. The car is bad. Why do I have to do these things. I have to take this car into a Marathon Race?! I don't know how to win a street race against New Driver AI.... It's too hard. Fix it.
9. Daily Challenges - Why do they appear daily? Thats too much. I don't like it. Fix it.
10. Percentage Requirement dropped from 100% to 80%. Its too high still. I can't get 80%. Make it lower.
11. NEW exclusive content is only tied to 50% completion or an individual event. I Don't care. I still want everything that everyone else is getting, but I don't want to do the same amount of stuff they are doing. Make it easier for ME.
12. Lets just change any event that requires a win, a participation event only. Just trigger the PR Stunt, just finish the race in any position, just join a playground game, just attempt a trial. Oh and that event that is already participation only, lets just remove it. And since you already dropped the completion requirement from 100% to 80% lets just take it a step further and go to.... 6% so that I only need to attempt one thing and be done. Problem Solved!
[/Sarcasm]

I would hate to have seen how some people would have dealt with playing Battletoads on the NES in the 90s. If you haven't played this.... you don't know what hard is.... Did someone say Game Genie? Maybe someone needs to make a Game Genie for FH4.

Battletoads


This is easy to explain: Every human being plays the game of "trial and error". There is a problem and our brain starts to throw solutions at it. If you succeed, this is saved and gets very high priority the next time a similar problem arises.
Sadly in our times, the solution to everything is complaining. We have become weak and whiny. If aliens would start to conquer our world, we would honestly just try to contact their government and make complaints for as along as it is needed till they leave gain. The worst thing is, we might really succeed, because the complaining is so bad and so whiny that noone can bear it for long enough to sit it out.

In the 90s, if a game was too hard, you just quit playing. My friend always used to say "the game does not continue after this point, so it becomes so hard that it looks like you fail".

I remember playing "Everquest", one of the first MMOs. It was super, super hard, dieing once lost you hours of experience points. On our pvp server, you needed to battle for hours to win the right to fight one of the non-instanced (!) spawns. Was it frustrating? Yes! Was it annoying? Yes! Did it take way too much playtime to get anywhere? Yes!
But it also was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. The guild was the best thing I ever experienced. If you needed help, everyone rushed to come to your aid. Because the game was so hard, everyone knew it is only a question of time till you are in a situation where you need help.
There were even player made rules which were followed on point. Because if you did not follow the rules and you wanted to apply one of the high level guilds, someone would remember your sins and this made it impossible to get into top level loot. There was no name-change feature or other nonsense: You were rude, you paid the price at one point. The only chance to redeem yourself was to roll a new character, go through the incredibly hard levelling process again, be nice and follow the rules and then apply again and hope that noone knew that you were that rude guy with the other character.
TL;DR: Games were super hard, but super rewarding as well.

Fast Forward to Forza 4 2019: Players are rude, the companies are too scared to punish anyone, people won't stop complaining, evidently they put in 300 hours, but of course this must be the worst game they ever played, everything is too hard, it is a crime if a company offers 650 cars to play with, but the 651st car is locked behind a skill/grind wall. It is laughingly ridiculous and deeply sad at the same time. The new player generations are entitled princesses who want it all. "I am a casual player who only has time to play 5 minutes per year, yet I demand to have a shot at the super rare cars that are offered via contested events".

What will happen next? Kids demanding gold medals from Olympia or a spot in the national soccer team? Hey, they neither have skill nor the time, but they surely deserve everything as well, don't they?

Admittedly, I personally like the festival playlist with the 80% a lot more now. But I would have accepted the challenge at 100% as well or denied it, but complaining, because someone does not want to grant me the shiny, exclusive toy, that would have not come to my mind in a million years.
Rank: D-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#54 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2019 3:15:52 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CrazyCatHusband Go to Quoted Post
Part of the point of Playlist is to encourage people to try different aspects of the game.

If those aspects were actually enjoyable, we'd already be playing them, without needing any "encouragement" to do so.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2019 4:15:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JurassicJoeDawg Go to Quoted Post
It is entertaining looking at all the complaints about the playlist requirements. I think the only thing that hasn't really been complained about is the Monthly Rival Clean Lap requirement (aside from maybe someone complained it was too easy and should have been expanded more). We can't have something that takes time to complete or is challenging. If one person has trouble with it, then it must be broken..... Lets take a walk down memory lane.....

[Sarcasm]
1. The Trial - Too Hard. Can't beat Unbeatable AI. AI Cars are too fast. My car is too slow. My teammates are ALWAYS bad (hmmm... what about the guy in the mirror, how did that guy do?).
2. Showcase Remix - Too Hard. Can't beat the AI. I don't like the car I have to drive. It's impossible! (is that guy in the mirror still there?)
3. Seasonal Playground - Too Hard. I don't like playing with actual human players. I am ALWAYS on the losing team. My team ALWAYS has less players. I NEVER win. Its broken! (wait a minute.... there might be a common factor in these events....)
4. PR Stunts - Drift? I don't know how! Broken! Speed Trap/ Speed Zone.... I can't beat the target. It's impossible. (ever hear of a Mosler? The FREE car EVERYONE gets gifted at the start of the game because everyone cried that it was locked behind..... The Trial event.....) Danger Signs? But I'm scared of heights! Fix it.
5. Seasonal Championships - Expert difficulty? Its too hard. The AI cheats. The AI cars all drive like they are equipped with the invincibility star in Mario Kart. My car is too slow. Fix it.
6. Community Championships - The course was bad. I can't read a mini map so the turns catch me off guard. The checkpoints are too small. The AI is too fast. I don't like it. Fix it.
7. Qualify for Online Adventure - There are real people involved? Nope. Don't like it. It's only a participation requirement? Don't care, still don't like it.
8. Weekly Forzathon - I don't like the car. The car is bad. Why do I have to do these things. I have to take this car into a Marathon Race?! I don't know how to win a street race against New Driver AI.... It's too hard. Fix it.
9. Daily Challenges - Why do they appear daily? Thats too much. I don't like it. Fix it.
10. Percentage Requirement dropped from 100% to 80%. Its too high still. I can't get 80%. Make it lower.
11. NEW exclusive content is only tied to 50% completion or an individual event. I Don't care. I still want everything that everyone else is getting, but I don't want to do the same amount of stuff they are doing. Make it easier for ME.
12. Lets just change any event that requires a win, a participation event only. Just trigger the PR Stunt, just finish the race in any position, just join a playground game, just attempt a trial. Oh and that event that is already participation only, lets just remove it. And since you already dropped the completion requirement from 100% to 80% lets just take it a step further and go to.... 6% so that I only need to attempt one thing and be done. Problem Solved!
[/Sarcasm]

I would hate to have seen how some people would have dealt with playing Battletoads on the NES in the 90s. If you haven't played this.... you don't know what hard is.... Did someone say Game Genie? Maybe someone needs to make a Game Genie for FH4.

Battletoads


This is easy to explain: Every human being plays the game of "trial and error". There is a problem and our brain starts to throw solutions at it. If you succeed, this is saved and gets very high priority the next time a similar problem arises.
Sadly in our times, the solution to everything is complaining. We have become weak and whiny. If aliens would start to conquer our world, we would honestly just try to contact their government and make complaints for as along as it is needed till they leave gain. The worst thing is, we might really succeed, because the complaining is so bad and so whiny that noone can bear it for long enough to sit it out.

In the 90s, if a game was too hard, you just quit playing. My friend always used to say "the game does not continue after this point, so it becomes so hard that it looks like you fail".

I remember playing "Everquest", one of the first MMOs. It was super, super hard, dieing once lost you hours of experience points. On our pvp server, you needed to battle for hours to win the right to fight one of the non-instanced (!) spawns. Was it frustrating? Yes! Was it annoying? Yes! Did it take way too much playtime to get anywhere? Yes!
But it also was one of the most memorable experiences of my life. The guild was the best thing I ever experienced. If you needed help, everyone rushed to come to your aid. Because the game was so hard, everyone knew it is only a question of time till you are in a situation where you need help.
There were even player made rules which were followed on point. Because if you did not follow the rules and you wanted to apply one of the high level guilds, someone would remember your sins and this made it impossible to get into top level loot. There was no name-change feature or other nonsense: You were rude, you paid the price at one point. The only chance to redeem yourself was to roll a new character, go through the incredibly hard levelling process again, be nice and follow the rules and then apply again and hope that noone knew that you were that rude guy with the other character.
TL;DR: Games were super hard, but super rewarding as well.

Fast Forward to Forza 4 2019: Players are rude, the companies are too scared to punish anyone, people won't stop complaining, evidently they put in 300 hours, but of course this must be the worst game they ever played, everything is too hard, it is a crime if a company offers 650 cars to play with, but the 651st car is locked behind a skill/grind wall. It is laughingly ridiculous and deeply sad at the same time. The new player generations are entitled princesses who want it all. "I am a casual player who only has time to play 5 minutes per year, yet I demand to have a shot at the super rare cars that are offered via contested events".

What will happen next? Kids demanding gold medals from Olympia or a spot in the national soccer team? Hey, they neither have skill nor the time, but they surely deserve everything as well, don't they?

Admittedly, I personally like the festival playlist with the 80% a lot more now. But I would have accepted the challenge at 100% as well or denied it, but complaining, because someone does not want to grant me the shiny, exclusive toy, that would have not come to my mind in a million years.

Very well said and I agree. I wonder what the gaming world would be like if they had never started handing out "Participation Trophies"?
And the Talby goes to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whoever thought up the Story Mode
Rank: Racing Permit
 10 users liked this post.
#56 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2019 3:16:06 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JurassicJoeDawg Go to Quoted Post

I would hate to have seen how some people would have dealt with playing Battletoads on the NES in the 90s. If you haven't played this.... you don't know what hard is.... Did someone say Game Genie? Maybe someone needs to make a Game Genie for FH4.

What will happen next? Kids demanding gold medals from Olympia or a spot in the national soccer team? Hey, they neither have skill nor the time, but they surely deserve everything as well, don't they?
Admittedly, I personally like the festival playlist with the 80% a lot more now. But I would have accepted the challenge at 100% as well or denied it, but complaining, because someone does not want to grant me the shiny, exclusive toy, that would have not come to my mind in a million years.

Very well said and I agree. I wonder what the gaming world would be like if they had never started handing out "Participation Trophies"?


This is just my opinion, but not only would the gaming world be better off, but the entire world would be better off without participation trophies. It is pretty evident what has happened to society as a whole ever since participation trophies started getting handed out (and more so just the path that parenting has taken in recent decades). It isn't the fault of those in the latter half of the Generation Y / Millennial Generation that they are the way they are. It is their parents and the current parents that continue to "helicopter" parent or worse, "bulldozer" parent their children. Society as a whole has provided a huge disservice to kids by trying to shield and protect them from failure and mistakes. Sure, no parent likes to see their child fail or be sad, but by telling kids they are all special and they are all winners regardless of the outcome of their efforts/performance leads them to believe that they are entitled to some kind of reward just for effort and participation. When kids learn at a young age that there is such a thing as failure and not everyone is a winner, they learn that sometimes even their best effort is not enough and that just because they tried their best, does not mean they have accomplished a goal or deserve a reward. This in turn prepared them for the real world. Not only did having winners and losers in competition teach kids to be humble as a winner and gracious in defeat, but it taught them that success is not just based on level of effort exerted, but the quality of that effort compared to others or the challenge presented that determined whether they achieved a goal or not. Before the time of participation trophies, kids were tougher, teenagers were more resilient and "adults" acted like actual adults. Bullying was rarely a topic that had to be dealt with on the level it is now because kids/teenagers had the tools/experience to handle it themselves and the phrase "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me." actually worked in response to a little brat teasing another kid, because said kid was tough enough to know that it didn't matter what some other kid said about them because they were confident and tough enough to know their own self worth without needing some adult hovering over them telling them that they were special. I can tell you that my son (5yo) knows the difference between winning and losing. He knows that he can't win at everything, but he also knows that if he puts his best effort forth that I as a father will be proud no matter what the outcome and he doesn't need a participation trophy to tell him that. In fact, he knows that a participation trophy, that everyone receives has no value and doesn't belong on a shelf or mantle, but in the trash bin next to the driveway (he won't even bring that thing in the house).

Here is an interesting read regarding participation trophies: https://www.nytimes.com/...s-good-for-you.html?_r=0
Rank: R-Class Racing License
#57 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2019 3:58:17 PM(UTC)
It's from the nytimes, can't imagine anything worth reading coming from there.


Vice president, moderated club.
Rank: S-Class Racing License
#58 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2019 4:01:45 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
It's from the nytimes, can't imagine anything worth reading coming from there.


At least not anything that I would agree with.

But I agree with you Dawg
And the Talby goes to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whoever thought up the Story Mode
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#59 Posted : Monday, May 6, 2019 4:13:20 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
It's from the nytimes, can't imagine anything worth reading coming from there.


At least not anything that I would agree with.

But I agree with you Dawg


Lol, read the article, no way writer was from NY 😉


Vice president, moderated club.
Rank: Driver's Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#60 Posted : Tuesday, May 7, 2019 2:48:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
It's from the nytimes, can't imagine anything worth reading coming from there.


What if I told you it's an opinion piece arguing against "special snowflake" culture?
Rank: S-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#61 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 7:53:17 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CrazyCatHusband Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
It's from the nytimes, can't imagine anything worth reading coming from there.


What if I told you it's an opinion piece arguing against "special snowflake" culture?


How in the world did it get past the editorial board?
And the Talby goes to,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Whoever thought up the Story Mode
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#62 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 8:08:45 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CrazyCatHusband Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post
It's from the nytimes, can't imagine anything worth reading coming from there.


What if I told you it's an opinion piece arguing against "special snowflake" culture?


How in the world did it get past the editorial board?


I read it, I have no idea how it made it in the nytimes....


Vice president, moderated club.
Rank: Driver's License
#63 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 3:15:57 PM(UTC)
So we’re comparing a casual arcade racing game with hardcore titles like Battletoads and Everquest? Really?

Furthermore, are we really going to pretend that absolutely zero casual-friendly games existed in the days of “hardcore games” such as those or that the logic that drives he whole “if a game is too hard, don’t play it” ultimately applies to the obverse (if a game isn’t challenging enough, you can also not play it)?

So the Magical Quest games, FF Mystic Quest, Yoshi’s Island, Chrono Trigger, Raiden Trad, MM Power Rangers, TMNT, all of which were fairly easy and casual friendly games which were released for the SNES the same as Battletoads; those games don’t count? Why is Battletoads a legitimate comparison and not any of those games?

Interesting. I’ve been playing EQ since 2000. Yes, it was a hard and unforgiving game. Except that’s how it was intended and that’s who the game was targeted to; hardcore gamers. However I also played another, not so difficult, game; Need For Speed. That, much like the Forza Horizon series, is a casual arcade racer targeted to a more casual crowd who were seeking a less demanding game. Nobody complained that it was “too easy”, or that it should match the difficultly level that of Everquest.

See, the interesting thing about all these “games used to be hard and now they’re soft” people is that the Horizon series was NEVER advertised as being a hardcore racing series with a focus on ultra-hard challenges that few could accomplish. Yet you all seem to act like it once was. Or that because a handful of games back in the day were, that all games should be.

Edited by user Thursday, May 9, 2019 3:16:47 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
#64 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 3:27:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JurassicJoeDawg Go to Quoted Post


I would hate to have seen how some people would have dealt with playing Battletoads on the NES in the 90s. If you haven't played this.... you don't know what hard is.... Did someone say Game Genie? Maybe someone needs to make a Game Genie for FH4.

Battletoads


Oh God this takes me down memory lane! I forgot about Game Genie LOL
Playing Forza since FM2
Rank: Driver's License
 3 users liked this post.
#65 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 3:34:42 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NBAKingzFan10 Go to Quoted Post
So we’re comparing a casual arcade racing game with hardcore titles like Battletoads and Everquest? Really?


Thank you for participating in this thread. Here you go....

Participation Trophy

You are special! You are a winner! Go get 'em tiger!
Rank: Racing Legend
#66 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 3:36:40 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FluffyChip90800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NBAKingzFan10 Go to Quoted Post
So we’re comparing a casual arcade racing game with hardcore titles like Battletoads and Everquest? Really?


Thank you for participating in this thread. Here you go....

Participation Trophy

You are special! You are a winner! Go get 'em tiger!


This × 1000
Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#67 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 3:37:10 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BriskArtist7600 Go to Quoted Post
I always play every series up to 100% completion and the Playground Games can be fun, it's just people's attitude. We start with 6 vs 6, lost the first round and 2 or 3 people on our team already ragequit the event, leaving us no choice to quit and forfeit the match.
Not sure if there is a way to balance 'roflstomping' as most of my PG ended very quickly in 3:0 or 0:3 where the whole other team simply quit.

Quitting is the sensible thing to do. They don't want to play the PG, they're only playing it because the game makes them play it. The objective is to minimise how much of your time you waste doing these pointless tasks, so you can have more time to actually play the game in the ways you want to. The weaker team quitting as soon as it becomes clear which team is weaker is the most time efficient way to achieve this.
Rank: Racing Permit
 3 users liked this post.
#68 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 3:38:38 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: JurassicJoeDawg Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: latotheX Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: DunkelheitVZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: JurassicJoeDawg Go to Quoted Post

I would hate to have seen how some people would have dealt with playing Battletoads on the NES in the 90s. If you haven't played this.... you don't know what hard is.... Did someone say Game Genie? Maybe someone needs to make a Game Genie for FH4.

What will happen next? Kids demanding gold medals from Olympia or a spot in the national soccer team? Hey, they neither have skill nor the time, but they surely deserve everything as well, don't they?
Admittedly, I personally like the festival playlist with the 80% a lot more now. But I would have accepted the challenge at 100% as well or denied it, but complaining, because someone does not want to grant me the shiny, exclusive toy, that would have not come to my mind in a million years.

Very well said and I agree. I wonder what the gaming world would be like if they had never started handing out "Participation Trophies"?


This is just my opinion, but not only would the gaming world be better off, but the entire world would be better off without participation trophies. It is pretty evident what has happened to society as a whole ever since participation trophies started getting handed out (and more so just the path that parenting has taken in recent decades). It isn't the fault of those in the latter half of the Generation Y / Millennial Generation that they are the way they are. It is their parents and the current parents that continue to "helicopter" parent or worse, "bulldozer" parent their children. Society as a whole has provided a huge disservice to kids by trying to shield and protect them from failure and mistakes. Sure, no parent likes to see their child fail or be sad, but by telling kids they are all special and they are all winners regardless of the outcome of their efforts/performance leads them to believe that they are entitled to some kind of reward just for effort and participation. When kids learn at a young age that there is such a thing as failure and not everyone is a winner, they learn that sometimes even their best effort is not enough and that just because they tried their best, does not mean they have accomplished a goal or deserve a reward. This in turn prepared them for the real world. Not only did having winners and losers in competition teach kids to be humble as a winner and gracious in defeat, but it taught them that success is not just based on level of effort exerted, but the quality of that effort compared to others or the challenge presented that determined whether they achieved a goal or not. Before the time of participation trophies, kids were tougher, teenagers were more resilient and "adults" acted like actual adults. Bullying was rarely a topic that had to be dealt with on the level it is now because kids/teenagers had the tools/experience to handle it themselves and the phrase "sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can never hurt me." actually worked in response to a little brat teasing another kid, because said kid was tough enough to know that it didn't matter what some other kid said about them because they were confident and tough enough to know their own self worth without needing some adult hovering over them telling them that they were special. I can tell you that my son (5yo) knows the difference between winning and losing. He knows that he can't win at everything, but he also knows that if he puts his best effort forth that I as a father will be proud no matter what the outcome and he doesn't need a participation trophy to tell him that. In fact, he knows that a participation trophy, that everyone receives has no value and doesn't belong on a shelf or mantle, but in the trash bin next to the driveway (he won't even bring that thing in the house).

Here is an interesting read regarding participation trophies: https://www.nytimes.com/...s-good-for-you.html?_r=0


This pretty much sums up the demise of our society. Awesome job on what you all said, but unfortunately it's not going change. Those of us who are aware of this are going to helplessly stand by watching the future generations get worse. I know this isn't the forum for psychology and how to properly raise a kid. But I wanted to praise this quote.
Playing Forza since FM2
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#69 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 4:35:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: BriskArtist7600 Go to Quoted Post
I always play every series up to 100% completion and the Playground Games can be fun, it's just people's attitude. We start with 6 vs 6, lost the first round and 2 or 3 people on our team already ragequit the event, leaving us no choice to quit and forfeit the match.
Not sure if there is a way to balance 'roflstomping' as most of my PG ended very quickly in 3:0 or 0:3 where the whole other team simply quit.

Quitting is the sensible thing to do. They don't want to play the PG, they're only playing it because the game makes them play it. The objective is to minimise how much of your time you waste doing these pointless tasks, so you can have more time to actually play the game in the ways you want to. The weaker team quitting as soon as it becomes clear which team is weaker is the most time efficient way to achieve this.


Whaaaa?!
If they don’t want to play on the playground, then they should STAY OFF the playground!! The game doesn’t “make” anybody do anything. Arena isn’t on auto-enroll, we choose to enter the queue. The objective? It’s to WIN. Quitting and forcing your honorable teammates to get gang banged,taunted, and literally toyed with simply forces those same teammates endure it all over again, a personal Groundhog Day nightmare, of sorts.

Players without any sac that can’t hack confrontation or vehicular contact whatsoever (but surely have no problem with it during wall-riding sprees, etc) should just stay out of the games altogether as they wouldn’t have a chance in heck anyway being a quitter and all. Their joining and quitting is them just s******* all over other players and quite frankly I’ve had enough of that.

If you like it, do it. Own it. If you don’t, stay the eff out and stop ruining the experience of others just because it’s more efficient for you personally.
I have a vocabulary and I don’t apologize for it.
#Rivals #OpenClasss #LowerClasses #AMCPacerX
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#70 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 5:26:33 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NBAKingzFan10 Go to Quoted Post
So we’re comparing a casual arcade racing game with hardcore titles like Battletoads and Everquest? Really?

Furthermore, are we really going to pretend that absolutely zero casual-friendly games existed in the days of “hardcore games” such as those or that the logic that drives he whole “if a game is too hard, don’t play it” ultimately applies to the obverse (if a game isn’t challenging enough, you can also not play it)?

So the Magical Quest games, FF Mystic Quest, Yoshi’s Island, Chrono Trigger, Raiden Trad, MM Power Rangers, TMNT, all of which were fairly easy and casual friendly games which were released for the SNES the same as Battletoads; those games don’t count? Why is Battletoads a legitimate comparison and not any of those games?

Interesting. I’ve been playing EQ since 2000. Yes, it was a hard and unforgiving game. Except that’s how it was intended and that’s who the game was targeted to; hardcore gamers. However I also played another, not so difficult, game; Need For Speed. That, much like the Forza Horizon series, is a casual arcade racer targeted to a more casual crowd who were seeking a less demanding game. Nobody complained that it was “too easy”, or that it should match the difficultly level that of Everquest.

See, the interesting thing about all these “games used to be hard and now they’re soft” people is that the Horizon series was NEVER advertised as being a hardcore racing series with a focus on ultra-hard challenges that few could accomplish. Yet you all seem to act like it once was. Or that because a handful of games back in the day were, that all games should be.


You wrote an awful lot. I like that; I often write way too much myself. 👌🏻 Here I will be brief.

The problem isn’t that varying degrees of game difficulty are colliding with player inability and perception failures; casual gameplay differences is just a symptom. The root problem is that there is one side that wants whatever it wants, (in this case, it want more things easier for less work through fewer objectives), and will do what’s necessary to achieve it, but in doing so totally subverts the needs and desires of the other side. “We demand X NOW and to heck with everybody else.” No concessions, meeting half way is unacceptable.
And the back drop to this fued is a game series that like you said, is casual-oriented, a low bar. But here it seems while the unforgiving Motorsport is on one end of the spectrum, Horizon aimed for the casual end but made a left turn and ended up in a bit of a unique place. Casual, but calculated. Crafty, but chill. However, the ten speed bike was made sure to retain its training wheels. Still a low bar on day one at launch. So the endless bleating to lower the bar in a game built just two pegs up from the ground is frankly ridiculous.

Well I tried to be brief.
I have a vocabulary and I don’t apologize for it.
#Rivals #OpenClasss #LowerClasses #AMCPacerX
Rank: R-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#71 Posted : Thursday, May 9, 2019 6:37:15 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FluffyChip90800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NBAKingzFan10 Go to Quoted Post
So we’re comparing a casual arcade racing game with hardcore titles like Battletoads and Everquest? Really?


Thank you for participating in this thread. Here you go....

Participation Trophy

You are special! You are a winner! Go get 'em tiger!


This × 1000


Lol, I'm saving the gif


Vice president, moderated club.
Rank: Driver's License
 1 user liked this post.
#72 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 12:54:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FluffyChip90800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NBAKingzFan10 Go to Quoted Post
So we’re comparing a casual arcade racing game with hardcore titles like Battletoads and Everquest? Really?


Thank you for participating in this thread. Here you go....

You are special! You are a winner! Go get 'em tiger!


Aww, how cute; the unoriginal troll with nothing relevant to say and no counter-points to present used an image from the interwebz to deflect from the subject.

Super original! Is this 4Chan?

By the way, you can keep your trophy. I’ve skills enough to 100% any season playlist as I please, and I’ve already unlocked every achievement in the game so I need not a trophy for participating when I’ve already done far more than just that.

I’d estimate the same isn’t true for yourself since you can’t even crack a 555 gamerscore, so maybe you should be the recipient of that trophy instead 🤷‍♂️😂

Now I could be wrong and you could be super amazing at this game, but I kinda sorta doubt it

Edited by user Saturday, May 11, 2019 1:44:00 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: R-Class Racing License
 2 users liked this post.
#73 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 1:36:35 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NBAKingzFan10 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: FluffyChip90800 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: NBAKingzFan10 Go to Quoted Post
So we’re comparing a casual arcade racing game with hardcore titles like Battletoads and Everquest? Really?


Thank you for participating in this thread. Here you go....

You are special! You are a winner! Go get 'em tiger!


Aww, how cute; the unoriginal troll with nothing relevant to say and no counter-points to present used an image from the interwebz to deflect from the subject.

Super original! Is this 4Chan?

By the way, you can keep your trophy. I’ve skills enough to 100% any season playlist as I please, and I’ve already unlocked every achievement in the game so I need not a trophy for participating when I’m doing more than just that.

I’d estimate the same isn’t true for yourself since you can’t even crack a 555 gamerscore, so maybe you should be the recipient of that trophy instead 🤷‍♂️😂

Now I could be wrong and you could be super amazing at this game, but I kinda sorta doubt it





Ditto your 100%, but x 3 accounts. That's 300%. Amateurs.....


Vice president, moderated club.
Rank: Driver's License
#74 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 1:54:25 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

Ditto your 100%, but x 3 accounts. That's 300%. Amateurs.....


Then based on the low standards established by this thread, I believe this belongs to you...

Rank: Racing Legend
 2 users liked this post.
#75 Posted : Saturday, May 11, 2019 1:55:56 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: NBAKingzFan10 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

Ditto your 100%, but x 3 accounts. That's 300%. Amateurs.....


Then based on the low standards established by this thread, I believe this belongs to you...



Nah he doesnt need them
Maybe you should just keep all 3 and display them on your wall with your other one
6 Pages12345>>PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error