This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages1234PrevNext
#51 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2019 1:43:56 PM(UTC)
Someone was using a Ferrari in the seasonal playground games event. How is that possible when the restriction is A800 off-road?
 2 users liked this post.
#52 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2019 1:50:15 PM(UTC)
I got lucky with the Trials and had a good team, even though I picked the wrong tune for the events, too stiff for all the jumps. Hard to control the landings and keep going straight. But still one and done so I can't complain this week.
#53 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2019 3:42:58 PM(UTC)
like any game there is a difficulty level configuration in FH. Issue is they did set cars as the only top reward. As a consequence, if they don't want to suffer rage of many players they have to make it easy to get.

Associating challenge for veterans requires another rabbit. Something that would be attached to the profile of the winners for few days like a special tag or a special color for their level display.

Additionally, level of difficulty should be the % and not ONLY the level of drivatars. Unbeatable should require at least 100%

A playlist 'Hall of fame' could list players along with difficulty level and collision score.

#54 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2019 11:32:41 PM(UTC)
I have a question, why is it that if you win the first two events of the trial, you have to do the third?
 1 user liked this post.
#55 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 1:36:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AardvarkII Go to Quoted Post
I have a question, why is it that if you win the first two events of the trial, you have to do the third?

Until the good folks at PG unravel this mystery, I will interpret that third event as some sort of "victory lap", wherein humans mercilessly dab all over the allegedly unbeatable Drivatars.
#56 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 1:55:53 AM(UTC)
I thought they posted that they fixed it?
#57 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 5:35:21 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

They fixed it in Playground Games but not in the championships.
#58 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 5:54:21 AM(UTC)

Not in the Trial.
#59 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 6:29:28 AM(UTC)
On my 11th attempt at the trial, the first race was a disastrous start. An AI rammed me out of a checkpoint, and I respawned off the track, over a small ledge, next to the checkpoint. I couldn't go forward, because that would mean I'd miss the checkpoint again. So I had to maneuver around backward and through the checkpiont. I basically got ticked off and quit out of that one.

12th attempt. Skill wise, our team was pretty much evenly matched, but a little clumsy. One guy had a gamer pic that was pretty much exactly like mine, except without a beard. Heck of a coincidence. It was a bit distracting for a while, because he got featured in the little cinematic before Race 2, where it intros the teams, and I saw my gamer pic, but not my car, and the character was wearing completely different clothes.

First race, we lost pretty bad. Second and third race, we barely won by 50 points. So we managed to squeak by that one.
#60 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 6:55:16 AM(UTC)
LOL, another miles driven counting Forzathon challenge without counting. Perhaps they should fix it first...
#61 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 6:56:42 AM(UTC)
Not sure why people seem to be having problems with the trial. This was the easiest and quickest one I've ever won. We were constantly in first-third place over the AI easily. I missed a couple of markers and messed up here and there but that was on me. I was actually knocked back to last place and still managed to pass all the ai but one at the end coming in 4th.
#62 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 7:12:54 AM(UTC)
And what's the point of triple pass skills? I have never done it on higher difficulty so I always need to lower the difficulty and prepare the situation. Awesome...
#63 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 7:52:58 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
And what's the point of triple pass skills? I have never done it on higher difficulty so I always need to lower the difficulty and prepare the situation. Awesome...

I didn't look at the skills, but they are completed anyway, I leave my settings on Expert, I don't know if that's a low setting to you. The easy way is to do the Goliath, and you pass 3 cars at the beginning, and you don't need to really take any notice of the skills.
 4 users liked this post.
#64 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 7:55:53 AM(UTC)

I didn't look at the skills, but they are completed anyway, I leave my settings on Expert, I don't know if that's a low setting to you. The easy way is to do the Goliath, and you pass 3 cars at the beginning, and you don't need to really take any notice of the skills.

Actually the easy way is to do a drag race at the festival, let them get ahead and then speed up. You pass all the cars at once and the race is only a few seconds long. Then repeat as needed.

#65 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 8:12:42 AM(UTC)

Yeah, Goliath is my usual race every day :D I don't know. I liked the game before I started to play playlist and it became boring for me. It's like my main job. I want to play the game my way. It's possible to skip the playlist but rewards are pretty good.

#66 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 8:13:28 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CW40 Go to Quoted Post

Actually the easy way is to do a drag race at the festival, let them get ahead and then speed up. You pass all the cars at once and the race is only a few seconds long. Then repeat as needed.

Cool, thanks for the tip.

#67 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 8:23:31 AM(UTC)

Sorry, I meant to pass all the skills in one go including 15 miles, and wreckage... I don't actually know how I passed the wreckage, but I did it on Goliath..lol.
#68 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 9:11:21 AM(UTC)
I don't know if this is a well known issue, but i have to ask.

I have completed the seasonal playground championship today, which brought me to 80% completion of the Festival Playlist. I DID get the Ford Crown Victoria (had 2, and have 3 now) as a reward. The only minor thing that bothers me is that in the overview of the Playlists the picture of the Crown Victoria still isn't framed golden and the gift package symbol is still missing. Is this just an UI bug? I know, i know, it is such a minor thing, but it bothers me. Restarting the game didn't help. Maybe it will change as soon as i have completed the next (tomorrow's) daily challenge?

Edited by user Saturday, April 27, 2019 9:24:32 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#69 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 3:33:16 PM(UTC)
Not sure why people seem to be having problems with the trial. This was the easiest and quickest one I've ever won. We were constantly in first-third place over the AI easily. I missed a couple of markers and messed up here and there but that was on me. I was actually knocked back to last place and still managed to pass all the ai but one at the end coming in 4th.

I swear, the AI has a varying difficulty curve. Some days it's harder, like last night, and some days it's easier, like Thursday night. Some people who play early Thursdays right when the season changes tend to report easier times than I tend to experience Thursday nights, by the time I have a chance to get around to it.

Thursday night was a bit different. It was for me, like you said, the team holding first through 4th, including me, with a couple stragglers at the end. But our messups came too late in the race to recover from, so we kept loosing. Last night, I think we just got lucky, because we were getting slaughtered.

Edited by user Saturday, April 27, 2019 3:34:14 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#70 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 6:03:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Galford24 Go to Quoted Post
I don't know if this is a well known issue, but i have to ask.

I have completed the seasonal playground championship today, which brought me to 80% completion of the Festival Playlist. I DID get the Ford Crown Victoria (had 2, and have 3 now) as a reward. The only minor thing that bothers me is that in the overview of the Playlists the picture of the Crown Victoria still isn't framed golden and the gift package symbol is still missing. Is this just an UI bug? I know, i know, it is such a minor thing, but it bothers me. Restarting the game didn't help. Maybe it will change as soon as i have completed the next (tomorrow's) daily challenge?

One of my accounts, for seasonal hit exactly 80% for the lykan hypersport. Received car, but no gift icon until it got over 80%
#71 Posted : Saturday, April 27, 2019 6:07:30 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post

I swear, the AI has a varying difficulty curve. Some days it's harder, like last night, and some days it's easier, like Thursday night. Some people who play early Thursdays right when the season changes tend to report easier times than I tend to experience Thursday nights, by the time I have a chance to get around to it.

Thursday night was a bit different. It was for me, like you said, the team holding first through 4th, including me, with a couple stragglers at the end. But our messups came too late in the race to recover from, so we kept loosing. Last night, I think we just got lucky, because we were getting slaughtered.

I agree that AI difficulty varying in trials, i have done this week trial 3 times and that two times in that second race AI was no match when i drive laps with time 1.28 but in 3rd race i have weaker car so i drive 1.29 laps and two top AI drivers was way faster than me. Same was in last race where in two first time AI wasnt even close when i finnish but in 3rd time there was two AI drivers less than 2 second behind me when i finnish.
#72 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 1:33:28 AM(UTC)

Because it's a complete lottery. It doesn't matter how skillful you are (unless everybody drops out after the first race and you compete alone against AI). What matters is how skillful your team is. Unfortunately, most of the time your team is not on bar to beat drivatars.
#73 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 4:36:33 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post

- My S1 '08 Viper tune is very good for the Viper championship, I was in the lead about 11 seconds into each race. It has rally/snow tyres, as when I created the tune I found those were actually faster for road racing anyway, as the car has so much grip that the PI is better spent on more power / less weight.

Just wanted to highlight this - Breeminator's '08 Viper is a great build. Corners like it's on rails, and makes the championship a breeze.
#74 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 4:44:46 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: andrOOrdna Go to Quoted Post

Because it's a complete lottery. It doesn't matter how skillful you are (unless everybody drops out after the first race and you compete alone against AI). What matters is how skillful your team is. Unfortunately, most of the time your team is not on bar to beat drivatars.

I get that it's about your team, but people are saying the AI is impossible with this one yet when I played I had no difficulty beating them at all. This usually isn't the case when I do the trial.
#75 Posted : Sunday, April 28, 2019 7:35:42 AM(UTC)
It all depends on your familiarity with the tracks and the cars. Buggies doing cross country are ostensibly different from hypercars on the road, of course somebody (you or a teammate) can be good with one and not the other.

And it is incorrect to say that your skill doesn't matter, because there aren't too many things you can to do help your team directly beyond getting as many points as possible yourself, and bullying the occasional Drivatar or two if the opportunity arises. Feathering the brakes also makes your tail lights flash to remind rookies that they should brake and where - a teaching technique that is used IRL, Drivatars in FH3 used it frequently. And aside from the obvious benefits of drafting and smart overtaking, it also seems to me driving well inspires, and sometimes even teaches, your fellow humans to get better results.

Edited by user Sunday, April 28, 2019 7:40:31 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error