This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
4 Pages1234PrevNext
#26 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:02:22 PM(UTC)
Just got this new Chevy Chevelle, and I have a problem with that car, because I can choose it for race, but I can't see it in my garage or in "My Cars" menu. Does anyone has the same problem? Should I submit a ticket or something?
#27 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:05:52 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: breeminator Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post
I wish people would stop making easy win blueprints. I would call that yet another bug in the game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aFJqOlYaJbs

LOL, I DID improve. I freed up my time with that easy win blueprint, allowing me to spend more time becoming a better driver in GT Sport, rather than trundling along completing a set of chores in FH4.

If they want people to become better drivers, they should make a game around that not around doing chores.

I've lived through the whole history of computer games, and early on at the beginning of people making their own parts for games there was always a block put in place to stop those designs from making the games easier. Usually those designs were not allowed to be used for the actual game challenges. It has always been obvious until games like Forza came along, and made you wonder about the game designer's???.
 4 users liked this post.
#28 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:10:51 PM(UTC)

I wish people would stop making easy win blueprints. I would call that yet another bug in the game.

What difference is peoples using custom routes to finnish under 30 second vs using 1 lap normal blueprint vs using normal 3 lap pre-made race, time spent, why spent almost 10 minutes for something that you can finnish in few minutes.

@AcinoTheCheetah It's known bug, sure you can send ticket but it's not gonna fix anything. I have same problem and my ticket is still open that i send abaout 5 months ago.
 3 users liked this post.
#29 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:11:59 PM(UTC)
I've lived through the whole history of computer games, and early on at the beginning of people making their own parts for games there was always a block put in place to stop those designs from making the games easier. Usually those designs were not allowed to be used for the actual game challenges. It has always been obvious until games like Forza came along, and made you wonder about the game designer's???.

It is literally the only bit of the chore list that is the teeniest bit satisfying, the feeling that you've got one over on this stupid system that is trying to make your life a misery, but you're not letting it succeed. And you think they should remove it, so that the misery they are heaping on players can be complete?

THE PLAYLIST DOES NOT HAVE ANY CHALLENGES. It's all ridiculously easy, that's why they're chores.

Edited by user Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:18:13 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#30 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:14:53 PM(UTC)

LOL, I DID improve. I freed up my time with that easy win blueprint, allowing me to spend more time becoming a better driver in GT Sport, rather than trundling along completing a set of chores in FH4.

If they want people to become better drivers, they should make a game around that not around doing chores.

I see nothing wrong with people making it easier for players to obtain the challenges without spending an unnecessary amount of time to do it. There is nothing wrong with people finding shortcuts to obtain the same goal. Work smarter, not harder.

If people want to make blueprints to maximize their play time, it doesn't affect you at all, let them play they way they want to and if that means making it easier/less time consuming for themselves and anyone that chooses to use their blueprint, then let them do it.

It's not a bug it's a feature.

Edited by user Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:23:22 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rules of troubleshooting:
1) Have you tried turning it off and on again?
2) Is your Internet working?
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.
4) If all else fails open a service ticket and/or forum post.

#31 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:16:23 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: V12 SprungBoss Go to Quoted Post

@AcinoTheCheetah It's known bug, sure you can send ticket but it's not gonna fix anything. I have same problem and my ticket is still open that i send abaout 5 months ago.

But in that case the car will be always available to be chosen for race? Or it could disappear at all? This is an exclusive car, I don't want it to disappear
 1 user liked this post.
#32 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 12:24:14 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AcinoTheCheetah Go to Quoted Post

But in that case the car will be always available to be chosen for race? Or it could disappear at all? This is an exclusive car, I don't want it to disappear

It shouldn't disappear, it's a bug. Submit a ticket is all you can do.
3) https://support.xbox.com/en-US/xbox-live-status < Check here for service issues.

#33 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 1:29:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AcinoTheCheetah Go to Quoted Post

Yeah can still choose that car for races but for some reason it dont show up in garage. Some peoples have say that they have this bug even in FH3 so i dont have high hopes PG being able to fix that.
 4 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 2/11/2047 4:23:37 AM(UTC)
#34 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 4:00:33 PM(UTC)

I'm wondering how in the world, whatever way someone else chooses to play the game(other than multiplayer), affects you at all?
#35 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 4:06:40 PM(UTC)

What difference is peoples using custom routes to finnish under 30 second vs using 1 lap normal blueprint vs using normal 3 lap pre-made race, time spent, why spent almost 10 minutes for something that you can finnish in few minutes.

I hope your tune for the S1 is good. :-)
#36 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 4:11:44 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Blackdog35 Go to Quoted Post
I have seen that jeep “exclusive model” a lot now in the Forzathon shop.

The Jeep? It's the first time it's been in the Forzathon shop.

Yeah I was getting mixed up with something else.
#37 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 5:56:59 PM(UTC)
Meh that Chevelle is nothing to cheer about. It's the exact same as the other old muscle cars. They all have the same generic souped up souped up blower upgrade preset and it's nothing special or unique. When I try to make it into something interesting like a track toy, I can only get 1.7 lateral G's out of it.
#38 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 6:23:21 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: CRracer 912 Go to Quoted Post

I'm wondering how in the world, whatever way someone else chooses to play the game(other than multiplayer), affects you at all?

It effects me, because people like you don't know what's wrong with it, and that's a real problem that didn't exist before. People used to know it was cheating, and now they don't, and that's because they have got used to cheating which is bad.

Edited by user Thursday, April 25, 2019 6:25:19 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#39 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 7:10:21 PM(UTC)
I've done the Trial 4 times so far. Despite getting fairly good teams, despite performing pretty well over all, at some point or other, it all seems to fall apart.

That feeling you get, on lap 2 of the 2nd race, when you and most of your team have a strong lead, more than enough to make up for the couple of stragglers in last place; that feeling is false hope. Because sooner or later, either you, or a teammate will mess up and miss a checkpoint or eat a wall, or flub a jump.

The worst was when I somehow got knocked off a ramp, which caused me to flip over, and when I respawned, I was pinned between the ramp and a building. I almost quit then, but then I noticed that the team was still in the lead, and an AI got trapped in there with me, so if I could just stay ahead of that stuck AI, I could at least secure some points for the team. There was still hope. So I fought my way out and back into the race, even managed to catch up. But at some point along the way, the rest of the team fell apart. I don't know what happened. I was too far behind to see. But they suddenly dropped back to the middle of the pack.

It's late. But I can fit in one more race. One more try. But then my wife comes in, and says that if we want to see The Avengers on Saturday, that we'd better get tickets. But she can't load the page, because I'm playing multiplayer and hogging all the bandwidth. I can't drop out now. Sure, we lost the first race, but we're pulling ahead. There's still hope. I'll just see how this race goes, and then decide.

But then two AI pass me out of nowhere. Then pass my teammates. The whole line falls apart on the 3rd lap. Coming up to the home stretch, I somehow miss the last checkpoint before the finish line, and drop from something like 4th to 9th. We're down 2 nothing, and I have to wait for the next race to load before I can quit out. And we don't even have movie tickets to show for it.
 2 users liked this post.
#40 Posted : Thursday, April 25, 2019 7:49:18 PM(UTC)

It effects me, because people like you don't know what's wrong with it, and that's a real problem that didn't exist before. People used to know it was cheating, and now they don't, and that's because they have got used to cheating which is bad.

Oh please tell us what's wrong with do these boring chore events as fast as possible. And if using blueprints is cheating how abaout new driver difficulty or driving assists? And i dont know how it's effect you how people complete their playlist because for me it's have zero effect how peoples complete their playlist.
#41 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2019 2:07:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post
I've done the Trial 4 times so far. Despite getting fairly good teams, despite performing pretty well over all, at some point or other, it all seems to fall apart.

The vehicles just aren't very good at it, TBH, they're not very stable, so it is easy to have it all go wrong. I had one drivatar finish ahead of me in one of the 3 races, which is fairly rare. All you can really do is try to learn which bits can be problematic and back off a bit for them.
 1 user liked this post.
#42 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2019 4:12:53 AM(UTC)

It effects you, because you let it effect you. In reality, in has 0 effect on your game or how you play it.

It's not cheating at all, there's not hacking involved and no significant advantage to it other than completing the challenges faster. No one here is cheating or 'used to cheating.'

#43 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2019 6:42:59 AM(UTC)
The trial this week further proves buggies dont belong in ANY cross country event. They are not good at plowing through any offroad obstacles. I spun on numerous times
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
#44 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2019 6:54:54 AM(UTC)
OK this weeks community tracks;

The first one point to point rally. At the start a few too many postage stamp size check points - you dont have to do that. The check point through the gate down onto the bridge is also too small, and the first couple of check points into the quarry are too small and unnecessary. Just because the road/ gate to smash is small, doesnt mean the check point has to be narrow - allow some width for run off. Other than that it was a good course, corners telegraphed well and good check point placement on the hairpins.

The cross country circuit. Generally good apart from the hairpin near the end where you blind jump into it. If the check point was a bit wider to accommodate keeping some speed over the jump if would be better(?) - as it is you have to brake down hill to get around. - surprising at first but i got used to it. Generally good vision on the corners. I like the cross over and the bit across the frozen water.

Very good track imo. A vast improvement over last week.
#45 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2019 6:56:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Scimmia22 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: SoloTwo42 Go to Quoted Post
Oh no, we're forced once again to drive the terrible sounding Vipers...

Not really, any S1 Dodge will work.

Cheers for that matey, I too would’ve just assumed it was the 3 Vipers 👍🏾

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#46 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2019 6:58:04 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Stang616 Go to Quoted Post

It effects you, because you let it effect you. In reality, in has 0 effect on your game or how you play it.

It's not cheating at all, there's not hacking involved and no significant advantage to it other than completing the challenges faster. No one here is cheating or 'used to cheating.'

For what it's worth, my take on it is, things that affect multiplayer, or the overall game community, should be weighted higher than things that only affect single player. Speedrunners, for example, use glitches and exploits all the time, but they decide as a community which ones should be allowed, which ones should be banned, and which ones should be split off into different categories. That's only an example; This isn't much of a speedrunning game, and since it's still being actively patched, the devs tend to decide what's allowed and what's not, depending on how game breaking it is. Unless they're working on a fix for blueprint abuse that they haven't mentioned yet, they seem to be tolerating it to a degree. But credit glitches, like the Goliath glitch tend to get stomped.

Cheating in multiplayer is obviously bad, because it does affect other participants, overall competitiveness.

Cheating in single player... well, usually doesn't affect other players, but Horizon has a sort of pseudo economy going on, which means it has the potential to affect the rarity of cars, auction house values, Forzathon shop prices, and so forth. So there's sort of a grey area. Are you hoarding cars in your garage, or selling them at auction? Are you hoarding Forzathon points, and compelling the Devs to hike prices again? I mean, that's arbitrarily imposed dev decisions, but still.

But on the other hand, it's only the weekly Forzathon grinds. It's not like you can cheat seasonal championships that easily. And it makes sense that blueprints should be allowed, to a degree. The requirement is to win 2 dirt races. It doesn't say how. It doesn't limit you to in-game courses. There's nothing stopping you from turning the AI down to minimum and turning on all your assists. So a blueprint that sends the AI off into the woods while the player takes the optimal path is... kindof, maybe allowable? I mean, I'd rather not use that unless I'm struggling to do it legit. But if someone else wants to, and the game mechanics allows it, then there's not much stopping them.

Edited by user Friday, April 26, 2019 7:00:21 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#47 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2019 7:07:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Peregrine57 Go to Quoted Post

The vehicles just aren't very good at it, TBH, they're not very stable, so it is easy to have it all go wrong. I had one drivatar finish ahead of me in one of the 3 races, which is fairly rare. All you can really do is try to learn which bits can be problematic and back off a bit for them.

Originally Posted by: DaReoCharmer Go to Quoted Post
The trial this week further proves buggies dont belong in ANY cross country event. They are not good at plowing through any offroad obstacles. I spun on numerous times

I’m not a big fan of buggies/cross country either but I managed to complete this week’s Trial at the first time of asking using an Alumi Craft 10 tuned by MITARO360 - a tuner I found at random a while ago who seems to do good off-road/dirt/rally tunes. Well they work for me anyway so I thought I’d share.

FM7 / FM6 / FM4 / FM3 / FM2
FH4 / FH3
#48 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2019 7:18:08 AM(UTC)
While I agree with generally not liking buggies in cross country, I surprised myself by actually doing well (for me) as I placed in the top half in 2 of the three races. I also was on a good team, which helped. In one of the races our team top 5 of the 6 top places. The AI was not doing well at all.
#49 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2019 7:45:22 AM(UTC)
I completed the trial on the 1st try too but still it was a hassle to keep that Exocet straight going over 100. The steering is extra extra sensitive
Forza junkie since FM2. Horizons are the break I need from the track

Check me out on Mixer! www.mixer.com/dareocharmer
 1 user liked this post.
#50 Posted : Friday, April 26, 2019 7:54:56 AM(UTC)
I will say this about the trial; I may be struggling with it, but I am actually doing pretty well against the AI, and I've gotten some pretty good teams. No jerks, collisions are most likely accidental and don't mess me up too much. So I almost don't mind.
4 Pages1234PrevNext

Notification

Icon
Error