7 Pages<<567Prev
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#151 Posted : Monday, July 1, 2019 12:27:55 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post

I wish there was a time attack or Rivals-like mode where the player can drive on a custom track alone, and I didn't have to worry about what Drivatars can or cannot do. Besides, it's how the vast majority of rallying works.

Yes, that would also remove one other timing related factor. Player timer appears to start from the beginning moment of race, not when he passes the start line. I saw your suggestion in feature request thread and gave it a like, hopefully folks who read this and may like the idea find it from there too.

Originally Posted by: BabySeal363 Go to Quoted Post

Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
Are you sure you shared all Blueprints from this. Only one for Classic Rally division came up when I searched.


Strange. I'll look into that.

EDIT: Nope, I type Arthur's Seat Holyrood Rally Trail in Title and BabySeal363 in Creator and all 5 events show up. Very strange indeed. If the problem shows up again, I'd like you to show me what you type. Try just typing Holyrood Rally in Title and again my gamertag.

They showed today with gamer tag search when I was looking up your Off-Roads route, which was fun by the way but I think works better with something more powerful than D-class I used for test drive. Drivatars had serious issues getting those hills at couple of places, but it's looks like some fast fun for fans of Off-Road.

Arthur's Seat Holyrood Rally Trail is something I want to try few things on, but I'm having a bit of IRL related orientation issue with that. It's that I live in one of those countries where we have a lot of ice and snow in our year. Summers are nice however and it's been really sunny and warm. And I haven't been really playing Horizon a lot at during past couple of weeks.

It's not about route and in general I like the seasons. But during beautiful summer weeks winter season in Horizon really feels like reminder of something I'm not that excited to think at the moment.

Oh, about snow tyres. I'm I only one who think they give just ridiculous amounts of grip? I have thought they are some sort of rally super snow tyres which would make sense with theme of game and I don't have much issue with that, Horizon is about fun for me. But it's also nice to have options and I have been wondering if in the game it would be stock tyres or rally tyres or something between that would perhaps give the best equivalent for common snow tyre?

This applies to Drivatars too. Lower power cars getting stuck on uphill without snow tyres during winter isn't anything unrealistic. There might be however something more important here.

This is a theory based on few routes.

What if on Arthur's Seat Holyrood Rally Trail, issue isn't lack of snow tyres as much as that Drivatars can anticipate the next check point but not that they would also need to gain speed to get there because it's on top of slippery uphill?

On Developers Champ there's one good route but Drivatars are having issues with checkpoint in 90 degree turn to right, just after jump. It's like they anticipate the jump but not that they need to make the turn right after it?

Bamburgh - Astmoor Rally Trail, we both noticed that Drivatars were having issues with one turn. On lower class cars they didn't jumped very far, but their driving line wasn't optimal, it's like they went on some sort of script. On higher class cars you noticed that they brake way too late and I think I was seeing that on C-class too.

Nothing conclusive but just thinking out loud. If Drivatars don't have much sense of the long path ahead at least on custom routes or all attributes of route ahead? That would mean that they rely much on goal of getting to next check point as fast as possible within preprogrammed difficult bracket, but not necessarily always having means to execute that efficiently?

Edited by user Monday, July 1, 2019 12:28:42 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: Racing Permit
 2 users liked this post.
#152 Posted : Saturday, August 3, 2019 3:48:00 AM(UTC)
Well this thread died quickly 😂.

I have had a very eventful time recently, from a broken leg falling down a single step, to the birth of my son, it's been wild.

I'll be coming back to the forums soon and back to playing the game too. Have I missed much since I've been gone?
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#153 Posted : Sunday, August 4, 2019 8:32:34 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Diligentthn Go to Quoted Post
Well this thread died quickly 😂.

I have had a very eventful time recently, from a broken leg falling down a single step, to the birth of my son, it's been wild.

I'll be coming back to the forums soon and back to playing the game too. Have I missed much since I've been gone?


Hey welcome back and congratulations for you for your son!

As Forza goes, we have proper Rivals mode now, there is Star Card Feature, LEGO expansion happened. Can't make a summary but check around in related topics.

Hope you get well with your leg and most importantly, after all Forza series is like all the other games, virtual distractions. For anything of real value, you have it. :-)

Rank: A-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#154 Posted : Monday, August 5, 2019 1:09:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Diligentthn Go to Quoted Post
Have I missed much since I've been gone?


You'll probably want to check out the LEGO expansion, Top Gear story, Star Card, and the return of class-based Rivals, but your leg and son should always take the priority.

Anyway, the new cars are:

Autoshow
2019 Ford Ranger Raptor

LEGO Speed Champions expansion
1987 LEGO Speed Champions Ferrari F40 Competizione (75890)
2019 LEGO Speed Champions McLaren Senna (75892)
1967 LEGO Speed Champions MINI Cooper S Rally (75894)
1974 LEGO Speed Champions Porsche 911 Turbo 3.0 (75895)

The Top Gear Horizon Special story
2017 Mercedes-Benz E 350 D 4Matic All-Terrain "Project E-AT"
2014 Mercedes-Benz G 63 AMG 6x6
2018 Top Gear Track-tor

Update 10 Playlist
1970 AMC Rebel 'The Machine'
1969 FIAT Dino 2.4 Coupé
2014 Maserati Ghibli S Q4
2019 Rimac C_Two

Update 11 Playlist
1996 Chevrolet Impala Super Sport
2013 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Deberti Design
2006 Koenigsegg CCX
2011 McLaren 12C Coupe

Update 12 Playlist
2019 Aston Martin DBS Superleggera
2017 Aston Martin Vanquish Zagato Coupé
1967 Volkswagen Karmann Ghia
1967 Volkswagen Type 3 1600 L (Notchback)

Edited by user Monday, August 5, 2019 1:10:38 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

Rank: A-Class Racing License
#155 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 5:10:17 AM(UTC)
Sorry, guys! I think it's important research thread. I started to play more.
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#156 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 5:58:30 AM(UTC)
And I would like to connect with every researcher, but you shouldn't have crazy high PR stunt numbers :D
Rank: C-Class Racing License
#157 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 10:06:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Sorry, guys! I think it's important research thread. I started to play more.


Well, it was good general topic as long as Dilligent was around, but then I'm afraid happened to hijack it for custom routes and tech analysis. I just thought that after people weren't sharing more about their favourite Forza moments it would be a pity to let a good topic die and Route Creators sure could use some additional visibility.

Posted some numbers in current series topic anyone want to take on them?
Rank: A-Class Racing License
#158 Posted : Saturday, August 31, 2019 10:50:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

Posted some numbers in current series topic anyone want to take on them?

I loved that research! That's exactly what I want to do and AI understanding.

Rank: C-Class Racing License
#159 Posted : Sunday, September 1, 2019 10:00:14 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

Posted some numbers in current series topic anyone want to take on them?

I loved that research! That's exactly what I want to do and AI understanding.



Okay here is more. Originally posted in the same topic, but this time I just copy.

Was RE: Summer #Forzathon Shop, Festival Playlist events and Rewards through September 5
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

Just tried this today with stock '16 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV against Unbeatable and won all the races. Note that you don't need to get anywhere near times listed below on Highly Skilled difficulty.

Times to aim for | - - - - My time - - - Best Drivatar
Lakehurst Copse Circuit: 3:13.410 -- - 3:17.048
Lake District Sprint: 2:05.325 - - -- - - 2:06.144
Waterhead Sprint : 1:38.215 - - - - - - 1:38.332 (Quite close, made one major mistake and messed couple of times with gearing).

So in context of this championship, I think it would be a time to discuss about routes and cars instead of just cars. It's easy to see what one wants to see, rationalise, but this appears like three routes with different difficulty. Since developers have no way of dictating in which order these are completed but just the first race, this might be imagining things, but if they happened to plan this, job well done. I like the idea, especially when the first race is circuit which allows players to get used to whatever car they choose to use and maybe on higher difficulty than most players usually play. Very important to me since most I race is C- and D-class occasionally visiting B and A though.

When I realised there aren't championships anymore in FH4 I felt a bit of loss. Something that was fun in FH3 was that races at least in some championships were different. So you needed to keep reinventing your driving and limits of chosen vehicle. I really liked custom champs once I get to it but can't unfortunately remember any good combinations like that for custom championships. But IIRC you got technical stuff in Byron Bay and speed on Surfers Paradise and like that. That's not to say there weren't speed routes on Byron Bay.

FH4 physics are even more delicious which makes lack of championships frustrating. Of course I can play any races in order I want but it's difficult to memorise them and after all I have just mostly keep doing Street Races with some Road Races I like and few Dirt Races. Then I look got Custom Routes for new challenges.

Really liked to see what sort of championships players would come up with. Okay not every player like championships but at least give Blueprinters option to create them. That way no one's forced to do what they don't like.
Rank: C-Class Racing License
 1 user liked this post.
#160 Posted : Thursday, September 19, 2019 6:59:37 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: turtleCZ Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

Posted some numbers in current series topic anyone want to take on them?

I loved that research! That's exactly what I want to do and AI understanding.



Okay here is more. Originally posted in the same topic, but this time I just copy.

Was RE: Summer #Forzathon Shop, Festival Playlist events and Rewards through September 5
Originally Posted by: ClawedScroll554 Go to Quoted Post

Just tried this today with stock '16 Lamborghini Aventador LP750-4 SV against Unbeatable and won all the races. Note that you don't need to get anywhere near times listed below on Highly Skilled difficulty.

Times to aim for | - - - - My time - - - Best Drivatar
Lakehurst Copse Circuit: 3:13.410 -- - 3:17.048
Lake District Sprint: 2:05.325 - - -- - - 2:06.144
Waterhead Sprint : 1:38.215 - - - - - - 1:38.332 (Quite close, made one major mistake and messed couple of times with gearing).

So in context of this championship, I think it would be a time to discuss about routes and cars instead of just cars. It's easy to see what one wants to see, rationalise, but this appears like three routes with different difficulty. Since developers have no way of dictating in which order these are completed but just the first race, this might be imagining things, but if they happened to plan this, job well done. I like the idea, especially when the first race is circuit which allows players to get used to whatever car they choose to use and maybe on higher difficulty than most players usually play. Very important to me since most I race is C- and D-class occasionally visiting B and A though.

When I realised there aren't championships anymore in FH4 I felt a bit of loss. Something that was fun in FH3 was that races at least in some championships were different. So you needed to keep reinventing your driving and limits of chosen vehicle. I really liked custom champs once I get to it but can't unfortunately remember any good combinations like that for custom championships. But IIRC you got technical stuff in Byron Bay and speed on Surfers Paradise and like that. That's not to say there weren't speed routes on Byron Bay.

FH4 physics are even more delicious which makes lack of championships frustrating. Of course I can play any races in order I want but it's difficult to memorise them and after all I have just mostly keep doing Street Races with some Road Races I like and few Dirt Races. Then I look got Custom Routes for new challenges.

Really liked to see what sort of championships players would come up with. Okay not every player like championships but at least give Blueprinters option to create them. That way no one's forced to do what they don't like.


I've got a blueprint route you should try :) It's at Moorhead Wind Farm Circuit called "Ruthless Route Runner" and takes about 15 mins to complete depending what car you use. Be warned that there are 2 corners that will get you if you don't slow down for the turn. Unbeatable is extremely hard but i have done it. Just search my gamertag and it should pop up. Let me know what you think?
Rank: X-Class Racing License
#161 Posted : Thursday, March 18, 2021 1:58:41 AM(UTC)
I have good memories of being a moderator here on the forums 10 years ago or so. I have good memories of endless hotlapping. I have good memories of the Big Brother Tuning and Design garage and all the good work it did under the leadership of Y Asmodeus. I have good memories of the soapbox races down Fujimi. I have good memories of building an E class Datsun 510 tune that would go around Amalfi faster than anything else.

I miss Forza. I miss having the time to play it. I miss the community that grew from being able to run competitions for credits.
Formerly known as 'o Aperture o'
7 Pages<<567Prev

Notification

Icon
Error