7 Pages123>>Next
#1 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 2:12:37 AM(UTC)
I've created this thread for general chat. Any time someone starts chatting frequently a thread always gets locked with "no more discussion needed".

It's a community forum with no community. So let's create one.

Obviously follow the forum rules and don't discuss any glitches or exploits.

Anyhow, Hi, I'm Diligentthn. I love the Forza series and have owned every game since the original game on the first Xbox. I'm keen on circuit racing and just want to meet other people that love the game too.

Thanks for stopping by and as I said let's make this community!

Edited by user Friday, June 28, 2019 1:58:11 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

#2 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 2:24:09 AM(UTC)
Isnt that what Discord is set up for ???
General chit chat

Edited by user Wednesday, April 24, 2019 2:24:55 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 2:30:30 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: talby71 Go to Quoted Post
General chit chat

I thought Discord was some useless voice chat.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 2 users liked this post.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 2:40:43 AM(UTC)
General chit chat

I don't actually have discord. 😂

Just wanted to create something where people could come and chat and try and make friends. Any time people start chatting in a thread someone comes along and locks it.

Seems really asinine for a public forum to be told "no further discussion needed". The whole point of a forum is discussion.
 1 user liked this post.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 2:45:52 AM(UTC)
More importantly isn't this what off-topic is for?
This thread=locked or moved to off-topic.
 1 user liked this post.
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 2:48:36 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Diligentthn Go to Quoted Post
General chit chat

I don't actually have discord. 😂

Just wanted to create something where people could come and chat and try and make friends. Any time people start chatting in a thread someone comes along and locks it.

Seems really asinine for a public forum to be told "no further discussion needed". The whole point of a forum is discussion.

Usually because a lot of threads turn into wishlists
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 2:51:08 AM(UTC)
Luckily they are all pinned at the top of the page.

It's already starting to look like an unwanted thread 😂

Just thought it would be a good thing to have like minded people talking about the game and their experiences.

If it gets wishlisty we can direct them towards the pins I guess?
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 2:55:07 AM(UTC)
I'll try kickstart it and see if it works.

What was your favourite ever Forza moment?

Mine was in the original Forza Motorsport and I got the Hennessy viper.

I had a lead foot then and couldn't keep it on the track. Loved trying to do the point to point series in it. Miss the track that was like a freight yard. That was awesome.
 3 users liked this post.
User is suspended until 10/22/2293 12:42:28 PM(UTC)
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 3:03:57 AM(UTC)
I've created this thread for general chat. Any time someone starts chatting frequently a thread always gets locked with "no more discussion needed".

It's a community forum with no community. So let's create one.

Obviously follow the forum rules and don't discuss any glitches or exploits.

Anyhow, Hi, I'm Diligentthn. I love the Forza series and have owned every game since the original game on the first Xbox. I'm keen on circuit racing and just want to meet other people that love the game too.

Thanks for stopping by and as I said let's make this community!

We do have the Discord for general chat, and theres even LFG channels for people to 'convoy up' or meet people. So you're more than welcome to join that.

However, I love the idea of this thread! Just as long as it's chatter and doesn't turn into "fix this" (as such) as that is what the support forum is for or requests (but as noted, feel free to direct to the wishlist)

Also good startup question, can't wait to read everyones answers.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 3:12:32 AM(UTC)

I had a lead foot then and couldn't keep it on the track. Loved trying to do the point to point series in it. Miss the track that was like a freight yard. That was awesome.

I dig the thread idea.
Favourite Forza moment?

Either the introduction of the Nordschleife or the beginning of Forza Horizon 1.
I love the Nordschleife (as a German car enthusiast I've been there numerous times) but having Forza in an open-world was a long-time dream. It's a tie I guess.

From a car perspective either Horizon 4 because I finally could race the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 again (after Gran Turismo 2 and PGR 2) or when FM4 got the Porsche 911 Sport Classic. Both are all-time favourites.
#11 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 3:23:56 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Rayne SE Go to Quoted Post

I dig the thread idea.
Favourite Forza moment?

Either the introduction of the Nordschleife or the beginning of Forza Horizon 1.
I love the Nordschleife (as a German car enthusiast I've been there numerous times) but having Forza in an open-world was a long-time dream. It's a tie I guess.

From a car perspective either Horizon 4 because I finally could race the TVR Cerbera Speed 12 again (after Gran Turismo 2 and PGR 2) or when FM4 got the Porsche 911 Sport Classic. Both are all-time favourites.

The Cebera speed 12 was in the first Forza Motorsport game too and was another monster to try and control like the Hennessy.

I've always wanted to visit green hell but the closest I've got is through playing Forza 😂

#12 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 3:36:11 AM(UTC)
OK they're allowing it so i'll post.
My favourite Forza memory was when we used to run the soapbox competitions. Some of the runs we're insane and we had a lot of fun trying them out before letting people have a go. Some of the paints were also excellent. Some of the videos we got from those runs were hilarious!
#13 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 3:45:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
Some of the runs we're insane and we had a lot of fun trying them out before letting people have a go. Some of the paints were also excellent. Some of the videos we got from those runs were hilarious!

Do you have any uploaded somewhere? Would love to see that. I never knew that was a thing!

Just reminded me of the Fuji hill climb me and my old friends used to do with 25% grip in FM4. Cars would scream trying to get up some of the hills 😂
 1 user liked this post.
#14 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 3:52:31 AM(UTC)
My favourite Forza moment was when one of my car designs sold for 11 Million in Forza 3. In Forza 4 I get 5 Million per car which is still good, but not quite the thrill.
 3 users liked this post.
#15 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:06:24 AM(UTC)
It's just a matter of time before the usual suspects turn up and turn this into another "bag out T10/Forza" topic.

#16 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:22:41 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Kranktus Go to Quoted Post
It's just a matter of time before the usual suspects turn up and turn this into another "bag out T10/Forza" topic.

Not really trying to encourage that but you will always get one like that. You have a favourite Forza moment to share?
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:22:50 AM(UTC)

Ain't that the truth.
 1 user liked this post.
#18 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:29:38 AM(UTC)
For those not familiar with "bag out" it is Australian slang for criticising.
I mean it is an open thread which will no doubt have negative comments, but hopefully it will be the positive things we get from Forza.
 1 user liked this post.
#19 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:30:30 AM(UTC)

Not really trying to encourage that but you will always get one like that. You have a favourite Forza moment to share?

Not particularly.

Given your history I believe this topic is nothing more than an attempt to circumvent threads being locked. I guess we'll see.
#20 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 4:36:40 AM(UTC)

Not particularly.

Given your history I believe this topic is nothing more than an attempt to circumvent threads being locked. I guess we'll see.

Unnecessary. Please don't be rude. Trying to create a community spirit.
 3 users liked this post.
#21 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 5:10:45 AM(UTC)
The problem with "off topic" for chats like this is that it doesn't appear under Forza 4... it is in a part of the forum structure I never visit ...
Maybe there should be an off topic area under each game so that each game community can banter together... the other place it just gets lost.

I did try posting a couple of light-hearted threads but got slammed for it ...
#22 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 5:30:39 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Honor Virtus Go to Quoted Post
The problem with "off topic" for chats like this is that it doesn't appear under Forza 4... it is in a part of the forum structure I never visit ...
Maybe there should be an off topic area under each game so that each game community can banter together... the other place it just gets lost.

I did try posting a couple of light-hearted threads but got slammed for it ...

It looks as though if we stay on our best behaviour we may have one here and maybe get one for all the game forums.

Do you have a favourite Forza moment across all the games?
#23 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 6:37:42 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
General chit chat

you can do ALOT of things in discord than just voice call, and that's one of the best features of discord because you can call your friends without using your cellular data whenever you like!

on a side note though, discord does like to act up frequently. like...very.

but if you just give it time to fix itself you're good to go. millions of people use it, and i recommend it personally. very useful if you do RP's pr meetups in forza games...and other..games..cough cough.
Live Free, Live Life #HorizonLife
Xbox GT: FSPdrew
Mixer: FSPdrew
Instagram: @FSPdrew

#24 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 6:52:18 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: FSPdrew Go to Quoted Post
Originally Posted by: Ti Hsien Go to Quoted Post
General chit chat

you can do ALOT of things in discord than just voice call, and that's one of the best features of discord because you can call your friends without using your cellular data whenever you like!

on a side note though, discord does like to act up frequently. like...very.

but if you just give it time to fix itself you're good to go. millions of people use it, and i recommend it personally. very useful if you do RP's pr meetups in forza games...and other..games..cough cough.

Other games 😮

I'm joking. Thanks for the information on that. I'll give it a look.
#25 Posted : Wednesday, April 24, 2019 1:35:57 PM(UTC)
Glad to see a general chat thread on the forums. Discord is great for live chat, but isn't really a place to be able to effectively hold conversations or discussions between people who aren't able to be online at the same time due to time zones or RL obligations.

In response to the question posed earlier, my favorite Forza moment was the beginning of FH1. That's the game that got me into the franchise with its awesome combination of solid driving physics and open world exploration.

Another great moment was when FH3 announced it would be available on PC (and once they patched it enough to be stable).
7 Pages123>>Next

Notification

Icon
Error