This site uses cookies for analytics and personalized content. By continuing to browse this site, you agree to this use. Learn more
2 Pages12Next
 3 users liked this post.
#1 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 3:24:14 PM(UTC)
So since the game has come out I have not been able to push my car past 200 mph or it forces my car to stop I have a few video clips of my cars doing it and the game has become quite frustrating to play.
#2 Posted : Tuesday, April 16, 2019 6:09:37 PM(UTC)
Wondering how much latency has to do with this. Have you tried it in solo mode?

What are you playing on, PC or Xbox?

I only play on X1X and X1S, have yet to experience this and I've gone over 270mph.

A friend put up a clip where he appeared to hit and invisible wall over 260 in air off of a danger sign, but it's never happened to me. Friend has high ping rate.

Vice president, moderated club.
#3 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 3:18:52 AM(UTC)
Yeah i'v never had this despite seeing videos of it online. My connection is 150/15Mb/s if that is anything to do with it.
#4 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 3:34:51 AM(UTC)
Happens to everyone now and again, you can be chasing people on the motorway and the map doesn't load quick enough so it stops your car.
#5 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 3:39:30 AM(UTC)
Or it might be switching you over to another server in the background and that resets your speed?
#6 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 3:39:55 AM(UTC)
Or it might be switching you over to another server in the background and that resets your speed?
 2 users liked this post.
#7 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 11:22:32 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: PretaxLilDab Go to Quoted Post
So since the game has come out I have not been able to push my car past 200 mph or it forces my car to stop I have a few video clips of my cars doing it and the game has become quite frustrating to play.

Ignore all the nonsense everyone will post on this.

It's not lag or latency. I had the same problem and chased it for months to no avail. It's because your Xbox cannot think fast enough. That's literally all it is. It sucks they made a game that's incompatible with the original Xbox one and not warned anyone but that's Microsoft and their affiliates for you.

Your options are sell the game or buy an Xbox one x.
I gave up on FH4 and my girlfriend ended up getting me the gold rush edition one x as a present for my birthday.

Tried it again out if curiosity and not had a single problem since. It's an in world streaming issue caused by the Xbox one not being able to "think" solely on the game. It runs the dash, capture card and loads of other bloat all at once and can't sufficiently run FH4.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 17, 2019 11:25:46 AM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

2 users liked this post.
#8 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 1:04:28 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Diligentthn Go to Quoted Post

It's not lag or latency. I had the same problem and chased it for months to no avail. It's because your Xbox cannot think fast enough. That's literally all it is. It sucks they made a game that's incompatible with the original Xbox one and not warned anyone but that's Microsoft and their affiliates for you.

I gave up on FH4 and my girlfriend ended up getting me the gold rush edition one x as a present for my birthday.

Tried it again out if curiosity and not had a single problem since. It's an in world streaming issue caused by the Xbox one not being able to "think" solely on the game. It runs the dash, capture card and loads of other bloat all at once and can't sufficiently run FH4.

It only happens when i'm online, as soon as i go back to solo i can blast down the motorway at any speed i like and the game can keep up. So yeah, it's not the console that's the problem.
#9 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 1:29:18 PM(UTC)

That's what lag, and latency are. The computer update can't keep up, and I think the car probably hits a hole in the road. It doesn't happen to me very often, but it does happen in the same places on the different roads.

Edited by user Wednesday, April 17, 2019 1:30:03 PM(UTC)  | Reason: Not specified

1 user liked this post.
#10 Posted : Wednesday, April 17, 2019 6:55:49 PM(UTC)

I have a standard XBOne and have never had this problem.
Welcome to the Hyperbolic Whine Chamber. If you cry hard enough you might get your pouter level over 9000.
 1 user liked this post.
#11 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 1:03:09 AM(UTC)
I have 3 standard xbox one's that have never had this problem. Another case of someone thinking they know what's wrong when they really don't. Sigh.
#12 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:05:22 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: ST0RM HAWK 89 Go to Quoted Post

It only happens when i'm online, as soon as i go back to solo i can blast down the motorway at any speed i like and the game can keep up. So yeah, it's not the console that's the problem.

It happens in solo also, but not as frequently as online. I don't think I've ever had it happen during a race or even freeroam rush though.
#13 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:09:37 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: AquaPainter168 Go to Quoted Post

That's what lag, and latency are. The computer update can't keep up, and I think the car probably hits a hole in the road. It doesn't happen to me very often, but it does happen in the same places on the different roads.

It has happens to me while in the air after the windmill danger sign jump.
#14 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 3:04:00 AM(UTC)
I get this alot if i got past 265mph and i'm using a X1S with a 55mbps wired connection.
#15 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 5:08:09 AM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XXX 2zigenTuner Go to Quoted Post

It has happens to me while in the air after the windmill danger sign jump.

Oh well that blows my theory out of the water.
#16 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 11:49:25 AM(UTC)
I don't think it is because of an old console. I an still running the original XB1 that came with FM5 so it is as old as you can get and I've never experienced what has been described above. Now it could be console related to a part failure such the HDD or network card.
2009 Mustang GT/CS #1,260 of 1,705
#231 of 315 Vapor Silver Coupes
Flowmasters BBK Headers Comp Cams
Airaid CAI PowerStop Brakes Dyno Tune 325rwhp
 1 user liked this post.
#17 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:06:13 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: XCELRATE Go to Quoted Post
I don't think it is because of an old console. I an still running the original XB1 that came with FM5 so it is as old as you can get and I've never experienced what has been described above. Now it could be console related to a part failure such the HDD or network card.

I can only comment on my experiences but 100% the issue was my console not being able to run the game. I had a generic black 500gb Xbox one with a wired 103mb/s connection. It didn't matter being in WiFi either.

I factory reset my console a few times and did every single thing their support asked me to do to no avail.

My "fix" was the upgrade. Happens a lot. My old thread is lurking in here somewhere and is still being "INVESTIGATED". Support sucks here.
#18 Posted : Thursday, April 18, 2019 2:38:22 PM(UTC)
I get this problem semi-regularly, when I approach ridiculously high speeds on long straight sections. I go faster and faster until "poof", it's like I hit an invisible brick wall and I just start driving at low speeds again. Racing down roads at insane high speeds is the only time it happens.
#19 Posted : Saturday, April 20, 2019 6:03:07 AM(UTC)
I'd like to shed some light upon the issue :

Out from the first website I found :

https://www.techradar.co...ld-you-make-the-upgrade

This 12GB (One X) means the console has an impressive amount of memory available – it has 4GB reserved just for the system while games have another whole 8GB at their disposal which is a significant increase on the 5GB the Xbox One had available.

Invisible walls occur when you drive fast and the RAM cannot unload and load the textures required. I believe it happens more often online, cause there are more player cars to load.

Network cannot cause such problems, just because it synchronises your position with the server, it cannot move you in anyway.
Thrustmaster TMX Pro with TH8A Shifter
#20 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 12:11:21 AM(UTC)
Another person who thinks they know how the software works and has gotten it spectacularly wrong.
Network can indeed cause such problems and has. Also many people are experiencing this and fixing it by going offline. So how is it RAM related and not network, considering the fix is NETWORK related?
#21 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 12:22:07 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: BBTD MitchyK7 Go to Quoted Post
Another person who thinks they know how the software works and has gotten it spectacularly wrong.
Network can indeed cause such problems and has. Also many people are experiencing this and fixing it by going offline. So how is it RAM related and not network, considering the fix is NETWORK related?

Cool theory. Why don't you get stopped when you lose connection to the server and go offline, or when you go online and you wait for the game to find a server? The latency is only your perception of others and theirs of you. NETWORK does NOT RENDER the game. All it does is synchronize your position on the map.

RENDERING is not affected from your NETWORK.

2 examples : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdZnDjEcXNU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMB6YLn2JDc

Do you see how he stops mid air, then the textures load and only AFTER that the car starts falling. Oh wait he downloads them mid game ...

Even if the issue is not 100 % RAM specific, textures do not load fast enough. Therefore the invisible bubble that is moving around the car providing the environment, in which it moves, stops. When the car reaches its end, the car stops hitting this invisible wall.

If NETWORK rendered anything we wouldn't need consoles or PCs. Only a Smart TV.

Going offline doesn't fix anything, if going back online produces the same issue. It just lowers the amount of stuff that needs to be rendered (Online there are more cars to be rendered than offline)

But what do I know ...
#22 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 2:56:49 PM(UTC)
Originally Posted by: Bat Micho Go to Quoted Post

Cool theory. Why don't you get stopped when you lose connection to the server and go offline, or when you go online and you wait for the game to find a server? The latency is only your perception of others and theirs of you. NETWORK does NOT RENDER the game. All it does is synchronize your position on the map.

RENDERING is not affected from your NETWORK.

2 examples : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mdZnDjEcXNU https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qMB6YLn2JDc

Do you see how he stops mid air, then the textures load and only AFTER that the car starts falling. Oh wait he downloads them mid game ...

Even if the issue is not 100 % RAM specific, textures do not load fast enough. Therefore the invisible bubble that is moving around the car providing the environment, in which it moves, stops. When the car reaches its end, the car stops hitting this invisible wall.

If NETWORK rendered anything we wouldn't need consoles or PCs. Only a Smart TV.

Going offline doesn't fix anything, if going back online produces the same issue. It just lowers the amount of stuff that needs to be rendered (Online there are more cars to be rendered than offline)

But what do I know ...

Forza Live is slower than solo. You have to test for all those controllers steering the cars, there's all sorts of things going on there. There could be more textures as well when the Ai are using stock textures quite often. So the network has these problems not in a solo game.
 1 user liked this post.
#23 Posted : Monday, April 22, 2019 2:58:04 PM(UTC)

Correlation isn't causation, that's why.

I have a fast PC with lots of RAM, but a mediocre internet connection. In 775 hours I can't remember having this issue.
#24 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 3:10:21 AM(UTC)
So the network has these problems not in a solo game.

The network doesn't have problems. It not the connection's fault. There are simply more things to be rendered and loaded online.

#25 Posted : Tuesday, April 23, 2019 4:31:03 AM(UTC)
SMDH
2 Pages12Next

Notification

Icon
Error